Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > Player Questions

Login


Player Questions Attention new players (and veterans too)! Do you have questions about Lineage II? Looking for a drop? Need tips on a quest? Come on in and ask your questions here--players of all experience levels are welcome!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-17-2017, 08:51 PM   #1
Kuthe
Elpy
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2
Kuthe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Faint Debuff

Faint debuff in feoh storm screamer elemental burst(Wind) seems to be like stun, but how to increase/decrease chance of that debuff success. Mental Attack? Stun/Shock?
Kuthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 02:44 AM   #2
john1978abc
Tainted Zombie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Greece
Posts: 69
john1978abc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Faint Debuff

On storm screamer IT IS Stun.
Therefore Jewels that increase stun success rate should do the job like, antharas, blessed zaken, baium soul etc..
john1978abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 02:58 AM   #3
AnotherSorc
Imperial Warlord
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Last Resistance
Posts: 1,488
AnotherSorc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Faint Debuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1978abc View Post
On storm screamer IT IS Stun.
Therefore Jewels that increase stun success rate should do the job like, antharas, blessed zaken, baium soul etc..
This is your estimation.

So tell us, why did they invent a new name for this debuff and not simply call it "stun" ?
AnotherSorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 03:10 AM   #4
john1978abc
Tainted Zombie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Greece
Posts: 69
john1978abc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Faint Debuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherSorc View Post
This is your estimation.

So tell us, why did they invent a new name for this debuff and not simply call it "stun" ?
Because the effect of the skill is pure stun. Both visually and as an effect.
I tried with jewels and without jewels at the Land of Chaos, with jewels every mob was stunned, without jewels not every mob was stunned...

I might be wrong, but both a preliminary test showed difference, plus the visuals, plus the overal effect that appears to be pure stun. Ok, my jewels add mental too, so incase this is a "mental stun", I rest my case.

All jewels (almost) that increase stun, also increase mental.
* Antharas, Blessed Zaken, Baium Soul increase both stun and mental.
* Queen Ant Soul increase only stun.
* Orfen Soul increase only mental.

In most cases both jewels cover you on both types of debuffs, but yes AnotherSorc is right, I might have answered in haste. I will try tests with only queen ant that increase stun only and check difference, and other tests only with orfen soul that increase mental only.

So I will come back with more valid and less amature answer.

Last edited by john1978abc; 04-19-2017 at 03:25 AM.
john1978abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 03:46 AM   #5
Astarothy
Remnant Diabolist
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Just freshly off from Fabulous Lands. Deal with it!
Posts: 2,105
Astarothy has a spectacular aura about themAstarothy has a spectacular aura about them
Default Re: Faint Debuff

@OP: It's a new category of debuff (mesmerize type), nothing related to stun. When it lands, the target is "fainted", aka loose its target/cant retarget for few seconds, aka the visually effect misleading to stun effect.

On my dual feoh, I have mental coc jewel (40%) + orfen soul, no other stun other than AQS, and the debuff lands at a very high rate (about 90%) even on mobs 1-2 levels higher than me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1978abc View Post
Because the effect of the skill is pure stun. Both visually and as an effect.
I tried with jewels and without jewels at the Land of Chaos, with jewels every mob was stunned, without jewels not every mob was stunned...

I might be wrong, but both a preliminary test showed difference, plus the visuals, plus the overal effect that appears to be pure stun. Ok, my jewels add mental too, so incase this is a "mental stun", I rest my case.

All jewels (almost) that increase stun, also increase mental.
* Antharas, Blessed Zaken, Baium Soul increase both stun and mental.
* Queen Ant Soul increase only stun.
* Orfen Soul increase only mental.

In most cases both jewels cover you on both types of debuffs, but yes AnotherSorc is right, I might have answered in haste. I will try tests with only queen ant that increase stun only and check difference, and other tests only with orfen soul that increase mental only.

So I will come back with more valid and less amature answer.
First bold part, check on Misc. Items on Mysterious Butler npc and you'll see that there's a new protection potion for "faint" debuff (along with a new potion for "charming", probably to raise chance against Compelling Wind from sayhas). So it's not stun.
This skill works same as old Solar Flare, which one had a very minimal chance to cancel target's target thus making them immobile for 1-2s (only real old schools spellsingers lovers would remember this skill effect, as it was hardly noticeable due to how fast a sps could hit).

Second bold part, just lol. I wont even.
Astarothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 03:56 AM   #6
john1978abc
Tainted Zombie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Greece
Posts: 69
john1978abc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Faint Debuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astarothy View Post
Second bold part, just lol. I wont even.
We are not here to play smart to other players.
We all here to exchange information, and if we are wrong, admit it (as I did) and do more research.

Nobody claims to know everything.
GMs don't care and we are all left alone to puzzle undocumented territories trying find out the mechanics they don't bother to describe...

ok?
john1978abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 11:44 PM   #7
Martin K
Tainted Zombie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 65
Martin K is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Faint Debuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1978abc View Post
I will try tests with only queen ant that increase stun only and check difference, and other tests only with orfen soul that increase mental only.

So I will come back with more valid and less amature answer.
Soo... did you test?
Martin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 11:57 PM   #8
DreamSeeker
Imperial Warlord
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,040
DreamSeeker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Faint Debuff

It's mental stun like Bluff of Othell(while shadow chase = Physical stun)

Last edited by DreamSeeker; 09-11-2017 at 12:20 AM.
DreamSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 12:15 AM   #9
Martin K
Tainted Zombie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 65
Martin K is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Faint Debuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamSeeker View Post
It's mental stun like Bluff of Othell(while shadow chase = Physical stun)
Lindvior Increases the chance.
Lindvior?
"MP +59, P./M. Critical Damage +10%, Speed +5, DEX/WIT +3, Wind/Dark Attack Def. +30, Petrify Atk./Def. Success Rate +50%, Knock Back/Knock Down/Pull Atk./Def. Success Rate +40%, Danger Zone Def. Success Rate +40%, Abnormal Status Reflection +10%, Reflect Damage Magic +10% "
Martin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 12:22 AM   #10
DreamSeeker
Imperial Warlord
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,040
DreamSeeker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Faint Debuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin K View Post
Lindvior?
"MP +59, P./M. Critical Damage +10%, Speed +5, DEX/WIT +3, Wind/Dark Attack Def. +30, Petrify Atk./Def. Success Rate +50%, Knock Back/Knock Down/Pull Atk./Def. Success Rate +40%, Danger Zone Def. Success Rate +40%, Abnormal Status Reflection +10%, Reflect Damage Magic +10% "
Opps! you are right! LOL. Fixed.
DreamSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 01:28 PM   #11
AnotherSorc
Imperial Warlord
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Last Resistance
Posts: 1,488
AnotherSorc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Faint Debuff

I did some tests on this.

85% increase STUN
85% increase MENTAL
0% increase of any of them

Target:
Buffed Healer lvl 101.

Result:
I didnt notice a difference in landrate. Maybe my test was too small though.
AnotherSorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:08 PM   #12
DreamSeeker
Imperial Warlord
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,040
DreamSeeker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Faint Debuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherSorc View Post
I did some tests on this.

85% increase STUN
85% increase MENTAL
0% increase of any of them

Target:
Buffed Healer lvl 101.

Result:
I didnt notice a difference in landrate. Maybe my test was too small though.
meh...LOL
I shouldn't have said anything when I wasn't sure 100%. To be honest, I took a guess on this new skill without testing it thoroughly. I am beginning to wonder now. Is it then physical stun? or neither?
Sorry for the mistake and the misleading.
Thnx for the testing though.

Last edited by DreamSeeker; 09-12-2017 at 02:22 AM.
DreamSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:57 AM   #13
AnotherSorc
Imperial Warlord
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Last Resistance
Posts: 1,488
AnotherSorc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Faint Debuff

Maybe someone has done more diligent testing and can share his results?

Currently to me it looks like this new type of debuff cant be affected by any jewels, but I'm far from being sure about that. Would explain the new name/new category though.
AnotherSorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 07:57 PM   #14
Martin K
Tainted Zombie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 65
Martin K is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Faint Debuff

Any new info/ more clarity about this? (and not only faint, but water - freeze, holy - stun too).
Martin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 03:16 PM   #15
dvpKAKdcp
Thunder Wyrm
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: NY/BROOKLYN
Posts: 313
dvpKAKdcp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Faint Debuff

Mobs don't have resist and heroes too, never will be changed to stun
dvpKAKdcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 11:16 AM   #16
Astarothy
Remnant Diabolist
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Just freshly off from Fabulous Lands. Deal with it!
Posts: 2,105
Astarothy has a spectacular aura about themAstarothy has a spectacular aura about them
Default Re: Faint Debuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1978abc View Post
We are not here to play smart to other players.
We all here to exchange information, and if we are wrong, admit it (as I did) and do more research.

Nobody claims to know everything.
GMs don't care and we are all left alone to puzzle undocumented territories trying find out the mechanics they don't bother to describe...

ok?
No one is playing 'smart' here, I even told you where to go to check my info, but first you have to figure out that you were speaking about mages not warriors, so why attach a warrior-type mesmerize to a mage class? Only Iss class have that type of hybrid skills (i.e: petrify is a magical skill but is countered by a fighter stats aka CON). Then obviously the skill itself will be OP when majority of players/mobs run under lower mdef/magic evasion/MEN & WIT stats (jeez, even I got to use S grade zaken earring sometimes!)

By the way, that's why I lol'ed when you said you were testing with 'no jewels', because if you weren't the attacked target, it wouldn't make any favor or even sense after all.
Astarothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 10:48 PM   #17
dvpKAKdcp
Thunder Wyrm
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: NY/BROOKLYN
Posts: 313
dvpKAKdcp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Faint Debuff

In soa stun mm with full stun boost can;t stun sh use 1 skill and permostun(permofaith mobs)
dvpKAKdcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 07:02 AM   #18
Nawdur
Elpy
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 5
Nawdur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Faint Debuff

the faint debuff is not stun, its faint, exist a pot in the rewards of olys for resist faint, so i think its another category of "stun"
Nawdur is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 AM.