Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > Player Questions

Login

Player Questions Attention new players (and veterans too)! Do you have questions about Lineage II? Looking for a drop? Need tips on a quest? Come on in and ask your questions here--players of all experience levels are welcome!

Old 05-09-2013, 11:02 AM   #1
sharepoint
Elpy

sharepoint is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to improve the game performance?

Hi guys,

I noticed that towns are very laggy, even with graphic settings set to the lowest. I have a good machine, able to play the latest games today, but I cannot find the way to improve the game performance, specially over crowded areas.

Any ideas how to work on this? It will be very helpful.
sharepoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:11 AM   #2
Nayoo
Dark Knight

Nayoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How to improve the game performance?

I use Leatrix Latency Fix to reduce Latency (according to the Forums Mods it is okay. So no worries about getting banned) and additionally i use Razer Game Booster. You can Launch a "Game Mode" in which it closes unneccesary/unused tasks working in the background of your machine. According to its setup it boosts my machines performance by ~44%. Tho i dunno if this is really true i got the impression the game runs more fluently when using it.
Nayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #3
sharepoint
Elpy

Never heard of that, I will surely try it today and see how it goes.
Thanks a lot for your response!
Old 05-09-2013, 03:21 PM   #4
KingBuff
Imperial Warlord

KingBuff is on a distinguished road

Do you have an ssd? That gave me the biggest performance boost. Also a good video card that has drivers that are well supported by l2.. Also a good internet connection is a must.
KingBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:43 PM   #5
AndreasK
Remnant Diabolist

AndreasK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuff View Post
Do you have an ssd? That gave me the biggest performance boost. Also a good video card that has drivers that are well supported by l2.. Also a good internet connection is a must.

SSD helps a lot (especially if it is a high performance one), but still it won't cure the lag inside crowded towns. I run the game from a combination of RAM and SSD and still have that.

Internet connection is usually the suspect and sadly it is mostly beyond user's control. Tools like latency fix and battleping help some users but not all. Distance from game servers and particular routes followed by various ISP's tend to affect latency.
AndreasK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:19 AM   #6
KingBuff
Imperial Warlord

KingBuff is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasK View Post
SSD helps a lot (especially if it is a high performance one), but still it won't cure the lag inside crowded towns. I run the game from a combination of RAM and SSD and still have that.

Internet connection is usually the suspect and sadly it is mostly beyond user's control. Tools like latency fix and battleping help some users but not all. Distance from game servers and particular routes followed by various ISP's tend to affect latency.
You need to update your sig :P And thanks for elaborating on what "I" said :P
KingBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:46 AM   #7
Jacky
Remnant Diabolist

Jacky is on a distinguished road

Leatrix fix helps 20% ssd + 30% WTFast Loverping Battleping those 3 programs are legal for reducing ping. and help in crowded areas like sieges and town about more 40% . Your computer processor have some influence video card have some influence. your ram have some )) so basicly i7 8 gb ram(Good ones) good motherboard! + ssd hope u have there raid0 thou .. Well video card you can have medium + lower details . So basicly that all u need to have.To participate in sieges )

And if u want 0 lags u need maybe live near server and have 100/100 DL/UP line.
Jacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:53 AM   #8
beleaua
Imperial Warlord

beleaua is an unknown quantity at this point

leatrix does nothing on new OS's but believe w/e you want
and dl/up speed doesnt make you cut the distance from your point to server. your ping doesnt get lower with high dl/up speed
beleaua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:21 AM   #9
Jacky
Remnant Diabolist

Jacky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by beleaua View Post
leatrix does nothing on new OS's but believe w/e you want
and dl/up speed doesnt make you cut the distance from your point to server. your ping doesnt get lower with high dl/up speed
Plz dont tell me that speed doesnt count. Because of simple test 1/0.24 mb line try that one. then look at your l2 performance
And just after that update ur line to lets say 10/1 and then try ur l2 performance. Guess what both lines had like 70-90 ping and difference was huge. Thou if ping goes 200+ its not posible to play either so. Speeds=mather ping=mather. higher speeds lower ping = better l2 performance.
Leatrix do his job. Proved.
Jacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:00 AM   #10
Frick7
Dark Lord

Frick7 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayoo View Post
I use Leatrix Latency Fix to reduce Latency (according to the Forums Mods it is okay. So no worries about getting banned) and additionally i use Razer Game Booster. You can Launch a "Game Mode" in which it closes unneccesary/unused tasks working in the background of your machine. According to its setup it boosts my machines performance by ~44%. Tho i dunno if this is really true i got the impression the game runs more fluently when using it.
Are you getting paid well for advertising or...?GameBooster will help 0.00% to improve l2 performance...it just close some tasks running.Btw i can play any new game on ultra too but l2 still so bad fps.Its nothing to do with latency its just very bad coded and it wants too many horsepower(cpu).Until Lineage 50 comes out with a new engine and lets hope without GG(gameguard) you can lower Display limit on towns help really a lot.Its on video settings

Last edited by Frick7; 05-10-2013 at 07:05 AM.
Frick7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:03 AM   #11
Yunalesca
Antharas

Yunalesca is a jewel in the roughYunalesca is a jewel in the roughYunalesca is a jewel in the rough

Leatrix did nothing to me or anyone i know in the past year. Useless.
Yunalesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:10 PM   #12
Nayoo
Dark Knight

Nayoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frick7 View Post
Are you getting paid well for advertising or...?GameBooster will help 0.00% to improve l2 performance...it just close some tasks running.Btw i can play any new game on ultra too but l2 still so bad fps.Its nothing to do with latency its just very bad coded and it wants too many horsepower(cpu).Until Lineage 50 comes out with a new engine and lets hope without GG(gameguard) you can lower Display limit on towns help really a lot.Its on video settings
Soz for answering the OPs question, Mister.
And since when is suggesting a program one uses "advertising"?
And if you read my answer carefully i said there "Tho i dunno if this is really true i got the impression the game runs more fluently when using it."

And now, back to your cave..
Nayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:57 PM   #13
glmk
Banned

glmk is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunalesca View Post
Leatrix did nothing to me or anyone i know in the past year. Useless.
agree , ***ed up my ports at router

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharepoint View Post
Hi guys,

I noticed that towns are very laggy, even with graphic settings set to the lowest. I have a good machine, able to play the latest games today, but I cannot find the way to improve the game performance, specially over crowded areas.

Any ideas how to work on this? It will be very helpful.
cheap amd 4+ core processor , mobo with sata 3 , samsung 840 ssd , 16gb of ram

or

http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=243288

or

https://4gameforum.com/showthread.php?t=864

if you have money buy premium wtfast and make sure that u are not running useless programs (kaspersky,avast,skype or etc ...)
if you want to turn off useless programs than start menu > run > msconfig > services > hide all win services > unmark the useless ones
same with startup : msconfig > startup > unmark the useless ones and press ok , make restart

best regards

Last edited by glmk; 05-11-2013 at 08:00 PM.
glmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #14
Furunkulus
Purgatory Shadow

Furunkulus is an unknown quantity at this point

As L2 uses a very old engine, the game itself doesn't take the same advantage of having a modern hardware if you compare to newer games. GW2 and TERA are light years ahead of L2 when it comes to graphics and they run very smooth on my PC using high settings while L2 lags a lot.
Furunkulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:15 AM   #15
sharepoint
Elpy

Guys I tried Leatrix and it is trully amazing, it reduced significantly the latency I had before. This soft alone solved my problem.
I will take a look at the others you mentioned here as well.
Cheers!
Old 05-13-2013, 08:22 AM   #16
MayatheBee
Remnant Diabolist

MayatheBee will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by golemka View Post
agree , ***ed up my ports at router

cheap amd 4+ core processor , mobo with sata 3 , samsung 840 ssd , 16gb of ram

or

http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=243288

or

https://4gameforum.com/showthread.php?t=864

if you have money buy premium wtfast and make sure that u are not running useless programs (kaspersky,avast,skype or etc ...)
if you want to turn off useless programs than start menu > run > msconfig > services > hide all win services > unmark the useless ones
same with startup : msconfig > startup > unmark the useless ones and press ok , make restart

best regards
W8, why do you need 16gb and SSD? Arent you running the l2 from the SSD? I am bad with computers, but looking forward for a new set up and I was wondering what to get.
MayatheBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:42 AM   #17
HolyOx
Banned

HolyOx is on a distinguished road

with 16gb de ram he can turn off the virtual memory, this makes the SO more faster. ^^
HolyOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:33 PM   #18
Linnda
Zaken

Linnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to behold

Stop playing on a toaster. :3
Linnda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:03 AM   #19
Invisigoth
Thunder Wyrm

Invisigoth is an unknown quantity at this point

Over the last 24 hours, the lag spikes have been constant. Not just for me, but for my clannies a well. Last night, the NPC server crashed sometime after 9:30est. So there might be something else going on. Someone suggested: "Lindvior Testing"?
Invisigoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #20
Hexen
Tainted Zombie

Hexen is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Re: How to improve the game performance?

Bad / old - engine / software = no matter how good PC you have it will not perform well.
Hexen is offline   Reply With Quote