Lineage II Forums  
Old 08-24-2009, 04:15 AM   #1
sh0ck
Thunder Wyrm

sh0ck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Berserker S grade dye + Gram SA

Hello,

As S grade is home of most of the population I want to discuss dye and weapon setup looking towards mix PvP and PvE.

Gram SA: Focus, Haste, Health.

Old dyes +4dex +4str -8con were too hardcore for me in last levels near S grade in DC and Maje sets. And also stun resist have to be improved in S grade for me.

From survivability point of view Health SA seems OK. But I will probably go more +CON to improve stun resist and higher HP count. So in this case I will probably pick one of Focus/Haste.

For shot consumption is Focus the right way, but will it affect DPS enough to meet values as I will have with haste? (If I count with -str+con setup probably Critical will be more helpfull then regular hit).

The other side of this is PvP. From my point of view Haste seems to be better to output more dmg in a short time and run from target to continue in another rush.

Please mention also dye setups.

Any ideas from people who tried various combinations?
sh0ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:47 PM   #2
Kaar
Hungry Spirit

Kaar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Berserker S grade dye + Gram SA

haste is the better option if you're aiming to pvp a lot. skills get interrupted less with higher atk spd, especially crushing pain, which is quite slow.
rush spam is a gimmick, giant waste of mana unless you do it right. lemme explain that, in quick fights, like vs. casters/archers, it's ok. try that against a decent gladdy, or tyrant, or god forbid, a tank, you'll be killing yourself.

focus is better for pve.

-2str +2con to reset the drac bonus, you lose 1 str but have the original con with +1dex... beyond that, it's not really needed. except if you want to go -5str +5con.
Kaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:00 PM   #3
Ceburekas
Tainted Zombie

Ceburekas is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Berserker S grade dye + Gram SA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaar View Post
haste is the better option if you're aiming to pvp a lot. skills get interrupted less with higher atk spd, especially crushing pain, which is quite slow.
rush spam is a gimmick, giant waste of mana unless you do it right. lemme explain that, in quick fights, like vs. casters/archers, it's ok. try that against a decent gladdy, or tyrant, or god forbid, a tank, you'll be killing yourself.

focus is better for pve.

-2str +2con to reset the drac bonus, you lose 1 str but have the original con with +1dex... beyond that, it's not really needed. except if you want to go -5str +5con.
yeah i want to know what u loose if u got +5con -5str ,
i think u will loose same damage but u will have better stun rez on drac, but does it worth it to loose this mutch str hm ? cuz skill dmg depends on str , how u think ?

Last edited by Ceburekas; 08-25-2009 at 12:08 PM.
Ceburekas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:08 AM   #4
Kaar
Hungry Spirit

Kaar is an unknown quantity at this point

zerker skills have never been a dependent of str... unless i missed the memo.
Kaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:24 PM   #5
Ceburekas
Tainted Zombie

so on what stat they depend if not str?
Old 08-26-2009, 12:27 PM   #6
sh0ck
Thunder Wyrm

They does not depend on any particular stat str/con/dex.

As described in every skill - it is P.Atk + Spell Power
Old 08-26-2009, 01:23 PM   #7
Kanaeda
Remnant Diabolist

Kanaeda will become famous soon enoughKanaeda will become famous soon enough

No. It depends on the specific skill; some are "power added to patk" some are just "this power" - and not affected by patk. Such as for Crushing Pain, STR/patk does not affect damage at all; only element and pdef of target affects damage. If you kill people mostly with skills (which is usual) you do not need STR. Also specific set up depends on open field or oly pvp and which classes you most need to beat in oly.
Kanaeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:04 PM   #8
sh0ck
Thunder Wyrm

In that case my crushing pain skill description must be bugged as all skills I am using till S grade.

Last edited by sh0ck; 08-26-2009 at 08:07 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:57 AM   #9
Ceburekas
Tainted Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanaeda View Post
No. It depends on the specific skill; some are "power added to patk" some are just "this power" - and not affected by patk. Such as for Crushing Pain, STR/patk does not affect damage at all; only element and pdef of target affects damage. If you kill people mostly with skills (which is usual) you do not need STR. Also specific set up depends on open field or oly pvp and which classes you most need to beat in oly.
Thank YOU ! U made my day ! ;D
Old 08-29-2009, 06:43 PM   #10
sh0ck
Thunder Wyrm

Actually he was right that skills does not depends on P.Atk. It is just bad translation of game from Korean.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:52 PM   #11
Kanaeda
Remnant Diabolist

Kanaeda will become famous soon enoughKanaeda will become famous soon enough

this game... lol.... a lot of stuff is LOST IN TRANSLATION... the skill also used to be called "Crushing Pain" which is what I still call it but in some last update it got changed to "Crush of Pain" in game, sigh...

never depend 100% on skill descriptions or even on what anyone says, always test for yourself in game to be sure...
Kanaeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:21 PM   #12
MinxyMinx
Elpy

MinxyMinx is an unknown quantity at this point

My main is a 8x doombringer.
I used +4dex +4str -8con to pve with until 78, at 78 I took them off and went with +4con -4dex .. works great since kamaels have a hard time in places like HB (zerker is ezest since we can 100percent heal, mdef and pdef UD). Now that I am 8x I still use that tat .. took a tiny bit of run speed but hard march makes up for that .. the extra hit points make up for anything dex can provide I found.

I have always used a focus weapon .. since I use +4 con tat and base con is low you are better to use focus to help get that extra crit when its needed.
Having a good augment is well worth it .. put extra money into that .. got a close range stun (shield stun lvl 10) which is awsome (lasts 30seconds when it lands).
Element if you can afford it go with Wind or Earth .. anything else is really easy to get resists for .. dark is pointless since you cannot OE most skills for it (dark based class .. yeah right!).
Push for s80 the armor set is awsome especially with a lvl 2 pad.
MinxyMinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:53 AM   #13
disarm
Elpy

disarm is an unknown quantity at this point

when i exp till 79 i used +4 str +4 dex -8 con too.

since them with pvp clan and exp in HB i only delete +4 dex - -4 con. got since them +4 str - 4 con and still got 9K HP.
disarm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
berserker, dyes