Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > Player Questions

Login

Player Questions Attention new players (and veterans too)! Do you have questions about Lineage II? Looking for a drop? Need tips on a quest? Come on in and ask your questions here--players of all experience levels are welcome!

Old 11-27-2017, 04:34 PM   #21
Dajova
Elpy

Dajova is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How to improve the game performance?

Sorry for necroing this, but this is sadly true even today.

I use a i7 7700K @ 4.2GHz, GTX 980 card, hybrid SSD och tons other medium-high end components...
In Aden i still get around 10-15fps in prime hours, as shown here (with stats in the top-right corner): https://i.imgur.com/0u98BNB.jpg
I get over 100fps in the overworld with max settings, but with wierd fps spikes in certain areas (drops below 30fps) with lots of npcs and whatnot...

So it's certain to say that it's never gonna be better unless they completely move to a new engine and i highly doubt they are ever gonna do that...
Dajova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 06:38 PM   #22
KissThis
Purgatory Shadow

KissThis is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm curious if anyone is running an m.2 ssd. I currently have a Samsung 120G SSD for Operating system, L2, as well as a handful of other programs. I have a second HD for storage, 1TB Platter 7200 RPM that would never be used for gaming.

Comparing the 2 is night and day, but I have heard that an M.2 drive does to a SSD what a SSD does to a standard drive. Can anyone chime in and confirm that and M.2 Drive enhances game play at all?
KissThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 07:03 PM   #23
mixa
Remnant Diabolist

mixa will become famous soon enoughmixa will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dajova View Post
Sorry for necroing this, but this is sadly true even today.

I use a i7 7700K @ 4.2GHz, GTX 980 card, hybrid SSD och tons other medium-high end components...
In Aden i still get around 10-15fps in prime hours, as shown here (with stats in the top-right corner): https://i.imgur.com/0u98BNB.jpg
I get over 100fps in the overworld with max settings, but with wierd fps spikes in certain areas (drops below 30fps) with lots of npcs and whatnot...

So it's certain to say that it's never gonna be better unless they completely move to a new engine and i highly doubt they are ever gonna do that...
Your CPU is the problem, l2 doesnt care about multicore perf and thats why it gets choppy in crowded areas where there is a lot of physics stuff to compute (yes this is computed by the cpu and not the gpu).
Dont get me wrong, you've great CPU, but to increase perf in l2, you need as much as possible higher single core ipc.It might sound weird, but the 7700K is able to turbo to 4.5GHz on a single core at stock, so try getting it back to stock and see how it fares.You can also try disabling HT for a test and as last option, try manipulating core parking to like 90% and see how it fares.
Or you can try to OC to about 5GHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissThis View Post
I'm curious if anyone is running an m.2 ssd. I currently have a Samsung 120G SSD for Operating system, L2, as well as a handful of other programs. I have a second HD for storage, 1TB Platter 7200 RPM that would never be used for gaming.

Comparing the 2 is night and day, but I have heard that an M.2 drive does to a SSD what a SSD does to a standard drive. Can anyone chime in and confirm that and M.2 Drive enhances game play at all?
There is not much difference in performance when it comes to games.I have both SATA 3 SSD and M.2 SSD and yes, the M.2 is good 30% faster in both R/W.
mixa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 07:08 PM   #24
Ox'bane
Tainted Zombie

Ox'bane is an unknown quantity at this point

u need ram dude, just that.
Ox'bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 07:27 PM   #25
Ifazass
Hungry Spirit

Ifazass is an unknown quantity at this point

Just load whole l2 into cpu L1 cache .
Ifazass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 07:43 PM   #26
Dajova
Elpy

Dajova is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixa View Post
Your CPU is the problem, l2 doesnt care about multicore perf and thats why it gets choppy in crowded areas where there is a lot of physics stuff to compute (yes this is computed by the cpu and not the gpu).
Dont get me wrong, you've great CPU, but to increase perf in l2, you need as much as possible higher single core ipc.It might sound weird, but the 7700K is able to turbo to 4.5GHz on a single core at stock, so try getting it back to stock and see how it fares.You can also try disabling HT for a test and as last option, try manipulating core parking to like 90% and see how it fares.
Or you can try to OC to about 5GHz
Hence why i said that you cant get better performance than what i can get out with its current engine. For it to have anything close to better, it has to change it entirely.
Dajova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:01 AM   #27
ShillenElder
Dark Knight

ShillenElder is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissThis View Post

i use an m2 on my laptop, and it actually runs better than on my desktop, even tho my desktop is a lot better than my laptop, but has a regular ssd
ShillenElder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 05:19 AM   #28
CathEnvy
Elpy

CathEnvy is an unknown quantity at this point

with 32gb or more you can use a ramdrive

this is the best performance boost i ever got
even an m.2 ssd wont come close to it!

Friendly Regards
CathEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:54 PM   #29
KissThis
Purgatory Shadow

KissThis is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathEnvy View Post
with 32gb or more you can use a ramdrive

this is the best performance boost i ever got
even an m.2 ssd wont come close to it!

Friendly Regards
I'm glad you said that. I have 32G of ram available and have wanted to try this for a while. I know there was a topic on the forums about it just never got around to it. Does this allow for multiboxing allowing the computer to render graphics loaded into the Ram Cache to be pulled from the same "pool" or do each instance of L2 require its own Cache?
KissThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 07:57 PM   #30
crewcabanger
Goblin Lord

crewcabanger is an unknown quantity at this point

https://youtu.be/LVR-Xlvimd4?t=1m5s

I've watched this video and it made me wonder if the difference between SSD and HDD is really that big. Can anyone confirm?
crewcabanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 12:05 PM   #31
CathEnvy
Elpy

CathEnvy is an unknown quantity at this point

http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=261178

and a ramdrive tool all you need to run lineage2 from your ram

when i boot 3 clients each takes its own extra mem outside of the ramdrive

so with the current l2 size 32gb is just enough

you can also run some parts of the l2 folder from your ram for those that dont have 32gb or more!

Friendly Regards
CathEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote