Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > Player Questions

Login


Player Questions Attention new players (and veterans too)! Do you have questions about Lineage II? Looking for a drop? Need tips on a quest? Come on in and ask your questions here--players of all experience levels are welcome!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-27-2017, 02:12 PM   #41
mixa
Remnant Diabolist
 
mixa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bulgaria
Posts: 2,258
mixa will become famous soon enoughmixa will become famous soon enough
Default Re: @Neutron - Aliens, the future is now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackl View Post
Yep. Additionally there is no gaming commission to check that NC hasn't made rates abysmally low to promote whalage, lower powercreep, and reduce ingame item inflation. NC could cut all black Friday jewel combines success rates in half and no one could be the wiser. People will ***** and moan on the forums. But ultimately NC is unaccountable.

They're a casino that doesn't post odds, and can change the game rules at any time. But players dump hundreds of dollars(if not thousands) into them regardless.
Anyone who spends that much is NOT a player, but a cheater that wont be able to do even k99 otherwise.I really feel sorry for such broken mentality people, those are the slaughter meat when something serious happens irl
mixa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 02:22 PM   #42
Ox'bane
Tainted Zombie
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 98
Ox'bane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: @Neutron - Aliens, the future is now

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixa View Post
Anyone who spends that much is NOT a player, but a cheater that wont be able to do even k99 otherwise.I really feel sorry for such broken mentality people, those are the slaughter meat when something serious happens irl
game on korean is very different.

they have adena prizes for 20b adena in the event rewards list, and these adena prizes comes in fair chances, not like the rewards we see on ncwest or innova where we need to open like 8k boxes to see one or not. there if u have a tauti ring on the event list u d*mn sure ll get one, same goes for the 20b adena, maybe u ll find it like 5 times without the need of spend 200 dolar.
Ox'bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 07:31 PM   #43
Neutron
Assistant Producer
 
Neutron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 544
Neutron will become famous soon enough
Default Re: @Neutron - Aliens, the future is now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucksteak View Post
Neutron,

I have pointed out previously how NC is all about not following industry standard.

http://boards.lineage2.com/showthrea...=294389&page=3

I find that to be a complete BS response where you are cherry picking when to follow "industry standard" and when to not.

EA is actually setting the industry standard right now. When they had severe negative feedback, they removed the "pay 2 play" aspect completely from the new "Star Wars" game. Will NC soft be following the current industry standard of removing all forms of "Pay 2 win" following the over 97% negative feed back you have publicly received in a recent poll?

I mean are you all about following the industry or not?

Advising us to go to our government is a good idea. Many of us will do this, and we hope that one day NC gets sued into oblivion in an American court. This is a rather unpatriotic and super deflective suggestion though. For one thing, NC acts as our "faux" government as far as the fictional world of L2 goes. We are coming to you, and demanding for better treatment. We are showing you in polls, in posts, in diminishing populations where you are closing servers, that we are unsatisfied and want better. So on one hand, as our pseudo representative, represent us for a positive change please. On the other hand, how dare you push full obligation onto others when you are the one in a better position to actuate change. Where is your sense of ethics or obligation?

How comfortable are you with willingly assisting the Koreans in defrauding Americans with every "event" that comes out anymore where you won't even tell them how bad a deal they are getting? My boss pays me well, but I still reserve the right to tell him when something he asks me to do is wrong or unethical and refuse to do it. Worst case scenario, I go work for someone else for more money and sleep well at night.

My opinion is that we as an L2 community, that you presume to be a leader of, are in effect an isolated society. Albeit, under a corrupt dictatorial style regime. This society has already answered the question of whether we think these loot boxes with unknown odds are acceptable or not, with a resounding F@CK NO! Most of real society doesn't give much of a rats *** about gamers and as such you will and do see a great lag in relevant policy to regulate these greedy entities. I feel that I am doing everything that is reasonably in my power to do. I write letters to my representatives, I post to my CMs, I post to my community, we all know there is no point in submitting tickets. I have laid out all the facts and information for you.

Remember, YOU are the one who says you want this boat to float for another decade. Your current opinions and continuing lack of action on things that are long past over due will not get you to that goal.

As always I really do thank you for your time and response, even though it looks like it was proof read by NC and lacks the authenticity of your true thoughts and opinions.

-CS
Honestly I get your points here, but Lineage II is fully developed by an overseas team, where these system originated from and are more culturally accepted. Western audiences dislike these systems, which is completely understandable. However, that doesn't mean any game that has them will be gutted of them and changed over night. So please don't mix up terms here, because western industry standard is going to be completely different than in the east, where our game is developed from.

EA has only temporarily suspended purchasing micro-transaction, they have stated that they will be returning some time in the future once they've made some adjustments to the game, but drop rates were not disclosed and won't be after they make the changes. So I don't agree that we're cherry picking because no one is disclosing drop rates still. Most likely they will just be making the grind for unlocks more relaxed.

I also can't agree with you that people are being defrauded or scammed simply because of the existence of paid rewards being chance based in a free to play game. The prices of items are set to the expected average item rewards value which is calculated from in-game market prices.

The game also doesn't discriminate or change the odds of winning dynamically in order to draw out someone playing more often. We've further confirmed this by testing opening 100,000s of boxes with different characters at different levels and NCoin amounts and the probabilities always match the expected results.

There is also no mechanism actively working against players to make it more and more difficult to win a paid reward. A new person opening a reward box has the same chance to win any individual item in that box as someone that opens 100s or 1000s of them. Further, the items are often sold in the open market for Adena by design, so anyone can buy one without ever having to spend money if they have sufficient Adena to do so.

But I don't believe that Adena rates will ever be really restored back to any previous drop rate (for free accounts) because it will just re-introduce heavy RMT bot farming. The Development Team has indicated that they will look for other ways to make premium items available, and my suggestions to them have been to always make them unlock-able through in-game means if someone puts in enough time and work for it.

~Thanks

Last edited by Neutron; 11-27-2017 at 07:48 PM.
Neutron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 08:15 PM   #44
Infami
Goblin Lord
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 46
Infami is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: @Neutron - Aliens, the future is now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutron View Post
Honestly I get your points here, but Lineage II is fully developed by an overseas team, where these system originated from and are more culturally accepted. Western audiences dislike these systems, which is completely understandable. However, that doesn't mean any game that has them will be gutted of them and changed over night. So please don't mix up terms here, because western industry standard is going to be completely different than in the east, where our game is developed from.

EA has only temporarily suspended purchasing micro-transaction, they have stated that they will be returning some time in the future once they've made some adjustments to the game, but drop rates were not disclosed and won't be after they make the changes. So I don't agree that we're cherry picking because no one is disclosing drop rates still. Most likely they will just be making the grind for unlocks more relaxed.

I also can't agree with you that people are being defrauded or scammed simply because of the existence of paid rewards being chance based in a free to play game. The prices of items are set to the expected average item rewards value which is calculated from in-game market prices.

The game also doesn't discriminate or change the odds of winning dynamically in order to draw out someone playing more often. We've further confirmed this by testing opening 100,000s of boxes with different characters at different levels and NCoin amounts and the probabilities always match the expected results.

There is also no mechanism actively working against players to make it more and more difficult to win a paid reward. A new person opening a reward box has the same chance to win any individual item in that box as someone that opens 100s or 1000s of them. Further, the items are often sold in the open market for Adena by design, so anyone can buy one without ever having to spend money if they have sufficient Adena to do so.

But I don't believe that Adena rates will ever be really restored back to any previous drop rate (for free accounts) because it will just re-introduce heavy RMT bot farming. The Development Team has indicated that they will look for other ways to make premium items available, and my suggestions to them have been to always make them unlock-able through in-game means if someone puts in enough time and work for it.

~Thanks
So I understand you want to curb RMT botters, farming adena endlessly for free creating inflation. Thats fine. The current game is broken/incomplete and lacks any actual way to progress in the game after a certain point. Look at it from an outside perspective. Would you buy/play/promote a game that you could only ever get 30% into the game without an investment of thousands of dollars (that mind you is labeled "free to play").

I dont care that theres pay2win. There should just also be play2win, or play at all. Currently the normal game function has been broken. Return the game to paid accounts, thats fine I dont care. If 15$ is the price to get real item/adena drops, count me in.
Infami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 09:15 PM   #45
Ox'bane
Tainted Zombie
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 98
Ox'bane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: @Neutron - Aliens, the future is now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutron View Post
Honestly I get your points here, but Lineage II is fully developed by an overseas team, where these system originated from and are more culturally accepted. Western audiences dislike these systems, which is completely understandable. However, that doesn't mean any game that has them will be gutted of them and changed over night. So please don't mix up terms here, because western industry standard is going to be completely different than in the east, where our game is developed from.

EA has only temporarily suspended purchasing micro-transaction, they have stated that they will be returning some time in the future once they've made some adjustments to the game, but drop rates were not disclosed and won't be after they make the changes. So I don't agree that we're cherry picking because no one is disclosing drop rates still. Most likely they will just be making the grind for unlocks more relaxed.

I also can't agree with you that people are being defrauded or scammed simply because of the existence of paid rewards being chance based in a free to play game. The prices of items are set to the expected average item rewards value which is calculated from in-game market prices.

The game also doesn't discriminate or change the odds of winning dynamically in order to draw out someone playing more often. We've further confirmed this by testing opening 100,000s of boxes with different characters at different levels and NCoin amounts and the probabilities always match the expected results.

There is also no mechanism actively working against players to make it more and more difficult to win a paid reward. A new person opening a reward box has the same chance to win any individual item in that box as someone that opens 100s or 1000s of them. Further, the items are often sold in the open market for Adena by design, so anyone can buy one without ever having to spend money if they have sufficient Adena to do so.

But I don't believe that Adena rates will ever be really restored back to any previous drop rate (for free accounts) because it will just re-introduce heavy RMT bot farming. The Development Team has indicated that they will look for other ways to make premium items available, and my suggestions to them have been to always make them unlock-able through in-game means if someone puts in enough time and work for it.

~Thanks
wow 100.000 tests, how many good rewards from 100.000 boxes? any link????
Ox'bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 11:46 PM   #46
Bruhxd
Dark Lord
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 234
Bruhxd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: @Neutron - Aliens, the future is now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutron View Post
Honestly I get your points here, but Lineage II is fully developed by an overseas team, where these system originated from and are more culturally accepted. Western audiences dislike these systems, which is completely understandable. However, that doesn't mean any game that has them will be gutted of them and changed over night. So please don't mix up terms here, because western industry standard is going to be completely different than in the east, where our game is developed from.

EA has only temporarily suspended purchasing micro-transaction, they have stated that they will be returning some time in the future once they've made some adjustments to the game, but drop rates were not disclosed and won't be after they make the changes. So I don't agree that we're cherry picking because no one is disclosing drop rates still. Most likely they will just be making the grind for unlocks more relaxed.

I also can't agree with you that people are being defrauded or scammed simply because of the existence of paid rewards being chance based in a free to play game. The prices of items are set to the expected average item rewards value which is calculated from in-game market prices.

The game also doesn't discriminate or change the odds of winning dynamically in order to draw out someone playing more often. We've further confirmed this by testing opening 100,000s of boxes with different characters at different levels and NCoin amounts and the probabilities always match the expected results.

There is also no mechanism actively working against players to make it more and more difficult to win a paid reward. A new person opening a reward box has the same chance to win any individual item in that box as someone that opens 100s or 1000s of them. Further, the items are often sold in the open market for Adena by design, so anyone can buy one without ever having to spend money if they have sufficient Adena to do so.

But I don't believe that Adena rates will ever be really restored back to any previous drop rate (for free accounts) because it will just re-introduce heavy RMT bot farming. The Development Team has indicated that they will look for other ways to make premium items available, and my suggestions to them have been to always make them unlock-able through in-game means if someone puts in enough time and work for it.

~Thanks
This is a cop out Neutron. Everyone knows bots are not an issue in 99+ few of them ever make it there either. We NEED increased drop/adena rates at 99+ Areas, no one is asking for increased rates from 1-98.
Bruhxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 03:12 AM   #47
AnotherSorc
Imperial Warlord
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Last Resistance
Posts: 1,488
AnotherSorc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: @Neutron - Aliens, the future is now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutron View Post
But I don't believe that Adena rates will ever be really restored back to any previous drop rate (for free accounts) because it will just re-introduce heavy RMT bot farming. The Development Team has indicated that they will look for other ways to make premium items available, and my suggestions to them have been to always make them unlock-able through in-game means if someone puts in enough time and work for it.
~Thanks
Why not simply upgrade drops in higher lvl instances that can't be botted?
AnotherSorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 05:13 AM   #48
Lulubel21
Elpy
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 7
Lulubel21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: @Neutron - Aliens, the future is now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutron View Post
Honestly I get your points here, but Lineage II is fully developed by an overseas team, where these system originated from and are more culturally accepted. Western audiences dislike these systems, which is completely understandable. However, that doesn't mean any game that has them will be gutted of them and changed over night. So please don't mix up terms here, because western industry standard is going to be completely different than in the east, where our game is developed from.

EA has only temporarily suspended purchasing micro-transaction, they have stated that they will be returning some time in the future once they've made some adjustments to the game, but drop rates were not disclosed and won't be after they make the changes. So I don't agree that we're cherry picking because no one is disclosing drop rates still. Most likely they will just be making the grind for unlocks more relaxed.

I also can't agree with you that people are being defrauded or scammed simply because of the existence of paid rewards being chance based in a free to play game. The prices of items are set to the expected average item rewards value which is calculated from in-game market prices.

The game also doesn't discriminate or change the odds of winning dynamically in order to draw out someone playing more often. We've further confirmed this by testing opening 100,000s of boxes with different characters at different levels and NCoin amounts and the probabilities always match the expected results.

There is also no mechanism actively working against players to make it more and more difficult to win a paid reward. A new person opening a reward box has the same chance to win any individual item in that box as someone that opens 100s or 1000s of them. Further, the items are often sold in the open market for Adena by design, so anyone can buy one without ever having to spend money if they have sufficient Adena to do so.

But I don't believe that Adena rates will ever be really restored back to any previous drop rate (for free accounts) because it will just re-introduce heavy RMT bot farming. The Development Team has indicated that they will look for other ways to make premium items available, and my suggestions to them have been to always make them unlock-able through in-game means if someone puts in enough time and work for it.

~Thanks
Hi Neutron!

Some time ago, some1 told to turn accounts linked to IDs, which is pretty hard since they vary a lot from country to country.

But, how about link accounts to credit card numbers? They pretty much are padronized all over the world. Make every number linked to max 3 accounts. And when some1 is found cheating, simply block this number.

I don't think these bot RMTers will create a new credit card every time they get a ban xD
Lulubel21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 06:47 AM   #49
m0da
Tainted Zombie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 80
m0da is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: @Neutron - Aliens, the future is now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutron View Post

...

The prices of items are set to the expected average item rewards value which is calculated from in-game market prices.

...

~Thanks
But aren't the market prices set or at least manipulated to a great extent by NCSoft?
The market prices are set high and then you are saying that the rewards from the events follow these prices..

This is a win-win situation for NC and a lose-lose for players..

I personally cannot understand why a premium item like blessed valakas costs 500 EUROs, based on the market price, since it's just one out of many many premium items offered in the game..
This, as an example, could be cheaper and accessible to more people.. The game would be more balanced since more people would own premium items.. Ofc i don't know about the finance aspect of it since i don't have the data that you have, but in my mind the game would attract a much larger player base..

Please also take into consideration, the suggestions by other players above.. Rewards in 99+ instances and zones could be much better without promoting RMT and bots.. Bots cannot enter kamaloka and other zones that need good equipment..

My opinion is that transparency, in the form of providing odds, is not needed if the rewards are satisfying for the players..

Thank you!
m0da is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 06:56 AM   #50
m0da
Tainted Zombie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 80
m0da is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: @Neutron - Aliens, the future is now

Quote:
Originally Posted by socketka View Post
that would cause massive rage of top spenders and most possibly big loss of income for ncsoft. just look how they holding prices of brooch jewels, if they would cut it by half old spenders would speak out loud.
despite nothing is in their hands, every pixel is owned by neutron (thx neutron for making that weapon, its still your)
That is true but on the other side, every purchase that we make in rl loses its initial value immediately or soon after the purchase..
One cannot buy a car and expect it to have the same price after 2-3 years..
m0da is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 09:27 AM   #51
Chucksteak
Thunder Wyrm
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 297
Chucksteak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: @Neutron - Aliens, the future is now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutron View Post
Honestly I get your points here, but Lineage II is fully developed by an overseas team, where these system originated from and are more culturally accepted. Western audiences dislike these systems, which is completely understandable. However, that doesn't mean any game that has them will be gutted of them and changed over night. So please don't mix up terms here, because western industry standard is going to be completely different than in the east, where our game is developed from.

EA has only temporarily suspended purchasing micro-transaction, they have stated that they will be returning some time in the future once they've made some adjustments to the game, but drop rates were not disclosed and won't be after they make the changes. So I don't agree that we're cherry picking because no one is disclosing drop rates still. Most likely they will just be making the grind for unlocks more relaxed.

I also can't agree with you that people are being defrauded or scammed simply because of the existence of paid rewards being chance based in a free to play game. The prices of items are set to the expected average item rewards value which is calculated from in-game market prices.

The game also doesn't discriminate or change the odds of winning dynamically in order to draw out someone playing more often. We've further confirmed this by testing opening 100,000s of boxes with different characters at different levels and NCoin amounts and the probabilities always match the expected results.

There is also no mechanism actively working against players to make it more and more difficult to win a paid reward. A new person opening a reward box has the same chance to win any individual item in that box as someone that opens 100s or 1000s of them. Further, the items are often sold in the open market for Adena by design, so anyone can buy one without ever having to spend money if they have sufficient Adena to do so.

But I don't believe that Adena rates will ever be really restored back to any previous drop rate (for free accounts) because it will just re-introduce heavy RMT bot farming. The Development Team has indicated that they will look for other ways to make premium items available, and my suggestions to them have been to always make them unlock-able through in-game means if someone puts in enough time and work for it.

~Thanks

If EA were to reinstate the micro transactions, after making the product far more accessible in game for free, this is fine. We would be jumping for joy if the L2 exclusive gear was obtainable in game (not reliant on others to spend cash, then to not want an item, then to sell it at unrealistic prices). It would be a good step in the right direction.

The reason I feel whats allowed to happen here is more of a scam than a fair sale, is that we don't have these rate's, coupled with the high price point on the product, coupled with the perception (and at this point documented on you tube) of player experiences showing that the odds, at least in our sample sizes, are sub 1%. Some one said up above, we would not need to question these rates if we felt they were rewarding enough to begin with. Our idea of rewarding enough being that if we spend on the big pack of any random promo, we will spend over $100 and we feel that should have at least 1 of the top rewards in that, or we have lost $100+. At this point we feel scammed. I personally have opened thousands of boxes from different events in the past 2 years, although not 100,000's, and got 0 of the top rewards. This alone puts your odds at most near .001%.

I also am wary of how NC is valuing the price point related to in game value without having a hand in that value. It has also been said/implied that other territories don't have these apparent abysmal rates. I know you have no dog in that, but if there is any truth to that, then perhaps merely just giving us those rates is a far cheaper "DUH" solution.

As far as the adena drop rate, or really, all drop rates. The problem has always been, you don't want bots to farm and RMT adena, but you don't want to ban the bots. You wanna have your cake and eat it too, we all do. However taking away all the cake means even the good boys and girls don't get any. I have always felt this was the laziest possible way to address this issue. At this point, I actually fail to see why NC would even care about RMT. If anything its likely bots would force prices down on the NC store as they work to undercut it since its basically the official way to get bot money anyways. Really though, most everyone who isn't a bot already pays for the prestige pack, just make that drop rune turbo charged, problem solved. Oh and don't forget, you will actually have to ban the bots, more importantly the main toons of these bots for it to matter. Else they will just get these packs too.

Now for the best part. The super awesome information you dropped on us. (correct me if I get anything wrong)

1. The drop rates are known, and tested.
2. The drop rates are static not dynamic, regardless of activity, time of event or level etc.
3. In game drop rates for free players will never be restored.
4. NC could care less about our culture, nor making any real adjustments to account for it. Instead they prefer to just push their F'd up mentality on us. (sounds like church people)

Thank you for your response. Have a great day.
-CS
Chucksteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 09:49 AM   #52
socketka
Remnant Diabolist
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Slovakia
Posts: 1,662
socketka will become famous soon enough
Default Re: @Neutron - Aliens, the future is now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutron View Post
But I don't believe that Adena rates will ever be really restored back to any previous drop rate (for free accounts) because it will just re-introduce heavy RMT bot farming.
I just made it bigger so leftovers can decide if its worth to stay.
socketka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 09:54 AM   #53
Ox'bane
Tainted Zombie
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 98
Ox'bane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: @Neutron - Aliens, the future is now

he is using bots as excuses and looks like u ppl fall for that roflmao.

freemium at its finest
Ox'bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 11:14 AM   #54
YaVastaKasetofonGangsta
Elpy
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 20
YaVastaKasetofonGangsta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: @Neutron - Aliens, the future is now

nc sets adena <-> ncoin ratio, ex. 100 gem r = 160ncoin, ingame they are 120m
therefore when you get 10 gem r from alien event you win 6 n coin so the rates are set in my opinion at 30% win ~ in ( adena - ncoin )
but i just close my eyes when those events are up just been greedy playing them here and there burning my adena this is a game, we took the bait, we play it, choice is individual

cheers
YaVastaKasetofonGangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 11:35 AM   #55
PimpMyBow
Remnant Diabolist
 
PimpMyBow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 1,837
PimpMyBow has a spectacular aura about themPimpMyBow has a spectacular aura about them
Default Re: @Neutron - Aliens, the future is now

Dont worry guys just couple more years and it will be all over, ur l2 dreams will come true.
PimpMyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 01:41 PM   #56
Yidao
Zaken
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,532
Yidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: @Neutron - Aliens, the future is now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucksteak View Post
I personally have opened thousands of boxes from different events in the past 2 years, although not 100,000's, and got 0 of the top rewards. This alone puts your odds at most near .001%.
That's correct. Since Neutron needed to open 100,000 boxes to halfways reliably obtain one good item, this puts the chance for that item in the 0.001% range. So he actually told you the odds

On a side note, if we assume that it takes about 1 second for a box to open, opening 100,000 boxes would take more than 27 hours if you put the boxes on a hotkey and lock that down with a wedged-in match stick. Assuming that he didn't "cheat" by opening boxes via scripts but duplicated an authentic player method, Neutron must have used several computers to open "100,000s" i.e. several hundred thousand of boxes. That's what I call dedication!
Yidao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 02:04 PM   #57
Yidao
Zaken
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,532
Yidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: @Neutron - Aliens, the future is now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutron View Post
Honestly I get your points here, but Lineage II is fully developed by an overseas team, where these system originated from and are more culturally accepted.
While it is true that Asians have a penchant for gambling, the degree to which NCsoft makes real-money gambling a regular feature of each and every promotion now meets resistance also in Korea. "Online casino" is one of the milder terms used. I don't have any illusions about anything you say to the developers having any effect, but if you are personally interested in how things are seen by the Korean players, check this essay by a Server Keeper ("Deputy GM"):
http://lineage2.plaync.com/board/ima...ticleId=631332 (Korean)
http://boards.rochand.com/viewtopic....rt=1970#p37086 (English)

Here are the current online numbers in Korea (that's real time, so note the time zone difference to California):
http://l2.laby.fr/status/

Yidao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 02:58 PM   #58
Chucksteak
Thunder Wyrm
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 297
Chucksteak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: @Neutron - Aliens, the future is now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yidao View Post
That's correct. Since Neutron needed to open 100,000 boxes to halfways reliably obtain one good item, this puts the chance for that item in the 0.001% range. So he actually told you the odds

On a side note, if we assume that it takes about 1 second for a box to open, opening 100,000 boxes would take more than 27 hours if you put the boxes on a hotkey and lock that down with a wedged-in match stick. Assuming that he didn't "cheat" by opening boxes via scripts but duplicated an authentic player method, Neutron must have used several computers to open "100,000s" i.e. several hundred thousand of boxes. That's what I call dedication!
This is important, and I cant say it enough and I worry people don't understand this.

.001% = If you open over 1000 boxes, you might have 1% chance to get a good reward.

That means you actually need 100,000 boxes for a near guaranteed good rewards, top prizes whatever.

"Soooo, your saying there's a chance!" -Lloyd Christmas

The debate about weather or not this is a scam is really over where do you draw the line.

I personally draw this line at 1%. If I open 1000 boxes that I am expected to pay $100-$200 for in a game, I d@mn well expect to recieve a few top prizes. Anything less that "1" for the cost of double to triple what the game retailed for originally is completely unacceptable and to me does fit the definition of a scam or a fraud.

fraud
frd/Submit
noun
-wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.
"he was convicted of fraud"
synonyms: fraudulence, cheating, swindling, embezzlement, deceit, deception, double-dealing, chicanery, sharp practice; More
-a person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities.
"mediums exposed as tricksters and frauds"


I was deceived by thinking I had a chance to win a top prize, as it was advertised as such. The fraud is realized as the odds of me actually receiving a top prize approach zero. NC receives financial gains as intended. At the same time, NC is unjustifiably claiming accomplishment by handing out bottom tier prizes in mass. No one has ever played these promos for the bottom tier prizes.

I dunno Neutron, it fits the literal definition pretty spot on.

I prefer to not gamble with odds that are approaching my chance to get struck by lightning. (.0003% in an average lifetime)

-CS
Chucksteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 05:05 PM   #59
QbaQ
Elpy
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 13
QbaQ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: @Neutron - Aliens, the future is now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutron View Post
Drop rates are currently not disclosed and it's still not an industry standard to do so.

With the recent controversies surrounding EA's Battlefront 2, there's a lot of public scrutiny on the inclusion of paid, chance based rewards in games right now.

I just suggest for you players that do not like these kind of system in games to continue to reach out to your local government representatives and express your thoughts.

My opinion is that it is a question for society to answer if we find that loot boxes and games of chance integrated into games to be acceptable or not and how transparent and regulated it should be.

~Thanks
Hi,

so basicly what you said just in common language is:
We dont care what you want, we dont care what you need, we dont care what other producers do to pleased players. The only way you can make us to make it your way is to regulate it by law.....

yes?
QbaQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 05:24 PM   #60
Draecke
Baylor
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 7,484
Draecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: @Neutron - Aliens, the future is now

Quote:
Originally Posted by QbaQ View Post
Hi,

so basicly what you said just in common language is:
We dont care what you want, we dont care what you need, we dont care what other producers do to pleased players. The only way you can make us to make it your way is to regulate it by law.....

yes?
that what the bosses of his boss said yeah, gotta remember NCWest staff are not even remotely in control here.. doesn't change the fact though that they should give their bosses a heads up on the growing disappointment with how NC is running L2 atm
Draecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:36 AM.