Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > Player Questions

Login

Player Questions Attention new players (and veterans too)! Do you have questions about Lineage II? Looking for a drop? Need tips on a quest? Come on in and ask your questions here--players of all experience levels are welcome!

Old 03-21-2009, 02:55 AM   #1
Winterfell
Tainted Zombie

Winterfell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is this Augment good?

I just put this on it was a lvl 52, I have another lvl 55 mid but i'm not sure if i want to replace what i have, I haven't played in a while so I'm not sure the odds because I felt this one came out pretty good.

Treasure Hunter lvl 56 PvP +con +dex -Str build +3 Crit Demon dagger.
The stats are:

Max mp +10.8
Critical +7.8
Max CP +60.9

Also what is this thing at the bottom that says Soul Crystal

p attack to 160 on crit?

Thanks.
Winterfell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 03:14 AM   #2
batslav
Thunder Wyrm

batslav is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is this Augment good?

looks like u have critical dmg as Special Ability it means it increasses the dmg for critical hits

about augment its up to u can get better if u lucky or something crapy at ur lvl augment is not the most important thing
if u have some adena to waste u can try if not keep this one

Last edited by batslav; 03-21-2009 at 03:20 AM.
batslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 03:35 AM   #3
OldWind
Grave Predator

OldWind is on a distinguished road

Augments can get a lot better but how he said try it a bit later.
At 61+ on a A weapon do a bit of playing with augment, careful thou, you can waste a lot of adena on it. Do some rift partying and stock up on stones
BTW best pve augment crit incres i got on a A weapon was +5,4 Attack/+10,4 crit/16,1 crit, from a 64 stone. But i erased later on and tried a lot of stones, got different augments, some crappy some nice active/passive skills but nothing beats the current one i have, passive +2 weight limit. Dam useful when you got wars and low con, can cary sheet loads of cp pots and tons of ss for a long hunt
In my opinion don't go for any pvp options as augment if your a lowboy, it wont mater to much, just keep what ever helps you lvl faster and rember dont waste money on augument till A grade.

Last edited by OldWind; 03-21-2009 at 03:38 AM.
OldWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 03:53 AM   #4
Winterfell
Tainted Zombie

Winterfell is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, that was very helpfull.
Winterfell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 01:17 PM   #5
Tukker
Thunder Wyrm

Tukker is an unknown quantity at this point

I never really bothered much with Augments but decided to try some lifestones I found on my Arcana Mace, now I got this effect:

"Chance: Has a chance to sleep a target that damages you. The target cannot be affected by any additional sleep attacks while the effect lasts."

does anyone know how high this chance is and if it would be better to try and go for a different effect? I have 6 or 7 more lvl 76 normal lifestones in warehouse.
Tukker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 03:17 PM   #6
Nanashi_Naomhan
Frintezza

Nanashi_Naomhan is just really niceNanashi_Naomhan is just really niceNanashi_Naomhan is just really niceNanashi_Naomhan is just really niceNanashi_Naomhan is just really nice

step 1: go to arena
step 2: get someone to hit you
Nanashi_Naomhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:50 AM   #7
Armenua
Beleth's Slave

Armenua has a spectacular aura about themArmenua has a spectacular aura about them

Usually the augments that say "chance" are ones you want to remove. It's the Active/Passive skills that you want. You can get some really great augments these days... even though it can get a little expensive to remove and repeat the process, you will get one that you will be so happy to have! You can get any skill that any of the classes has. You can get PR, Mana Recharge (which can be used on an EE or SE as well!!) Nukes, para, earth attacks, wind attacks, the list goes on and on.

For instance, I have 2 maces; both have 150 holy on them. One has Passive Clarity on it, which greatly reduces my MP consumption (and the EEs in my parties are very happy for) and it also stacks with the EE clarity. The second has an active Sacred attack on it (Solar Flare). Depends on what Im doing which mace I will choose, or toggle between.

Btw... any augment on the weapon, even if it is temporary, is good, as it keeps it from dropping upon death
Armenua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:28 PM   #8
SinPalabras
Beleth's Slave

SinPalabras will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armenua View Post
Usually the augments that say "chance" are ones you want to remove. It's the Active/Passive skills that you want. You can get some really great augments these days... even though it can get a little expensive to remove and repeat the process, you will get one that you will be so happy to have! You can get any skill that any of the classes has. You can get PR, Mana Recharge (which can be used on an EE or SE as well!!) Nukes, para, earth attacks, wind attacks, the list goes on and on.
Even some chance ones can be ok. I got Doom once as a chance augment. Unforunately, it was on a C grade character, with a C grade weapon. I outleveled the grade before the weekend was over. No point in keeping the augment.

With the active ones, it all depends. Some of the active ones are, indeed, separate slow casting spells, which may or may not be worth using. For example, I had root on one of my archer's bows, and it proved helpful in a pinch. But there are those times when I'd get a useless skill that had to be removed.

What you really want are the passives. There are some useless ones out there, but most help your toon in one form or another.

That said, augments aren't essential at lower levels. If you can afford to try your luck with multiple stones, go for it. Otherwise, you're better served having the adena, than not.

Quote:
... as it keeps it from dropping upon death
For chaotic characters, this is true. But drops on death is no longer a real concern for other players. If only they'd bring back that wonderful aspect of the L2 experience...
SinPalabras is offline   Reply With Quote