Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > News and Information > News Archive

Login

News Archive Older news and announcements archived here.

Old 10-15-2017, 05:18 PM   #501
Amakuni
Elpy

Amakuni is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fishing Item Exchange Rate Change

If everyone is crazy about the fishing nerf, I wonder what would happen if the administrators decided to return non-interchangeable products from the L2store (exchange / drop / private store / Auction / public store). Would everyone stop playing and would they be complaining about that in the forum?.
Old 10-20-2017, 01:10 PM   #502
random_player
Tainted Zombie

random_player is an unknown quantity at this point

got few questions
1) i see many ppl still fishing in aden? why? is there some secrit way to earn money past nerf?
2) why the price of elcyum powder is still on the same level as before the nerf? (~ 2-2.2 kk)
Old 10-20-2017, 02:54 PM   #503
BurnCycle
Purgatory Shadow

BurnCycle will become famous soon enoughBurnCycle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_player View Post
got few questions
1) i see many ppl still fishing in aden? why? is there some secrit way to earn money past nerf?
2) why the price of elcyum powder is still on the same level as before the nerf? (~ 2-2.2 kk)
1. Heine Fishing event is up.
2. Previous event offering big amount of powder.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:00 AM   #504
KissMyKnife
Dark Lord

KissMyKnife is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******* View Post
Going back to fishing and the exchange rate for Elcy.

From what I know the quickest way to obtain Elcy powder ingame in larger quantities is Fishing (you can get 1 powder from a faction daily quest and such, but you'll never get a proper amount this way).

I calculated that with the current exchange rate and the price of baits+shots the actual value of an Elcy Powder is around 3.42kk, so if you need it for yourself and decide to go fishing that's the price you're paying.

It's been quite a while after the fishing nerf, but the price at AH is still 2.050.000 adena (Naia). This doesn't make sense.

Do you guys think people are selling the powders they had in stock from before the nerf, or they found another way of obtaining it cheaper? Am I missing something?
not that logic

Before was this
1.3 Powerfull fish was 1 elcyum powder= so fish was 750k adena and elcyum was 2m. so they change this high diff, for same price
need 4 fish for 1 elcyum powder, so the price its same now.
That was the logic.
Old 10-21-2017, 02:42 PM   #505
-i7-
Goblin Lord

-i7- is an unknown quantity at this point

The only thing the NC in the West has done in the last few years has been to destroy all the free 2 play elements in the game and to apologize to us without any logic, including forcing people to accept without having rights to be heard.

So when you are in a certain level in the game with a char medium items and with no free to play option to purchase items in the game, there will only be a store option, and the game will be 100% dependent on having to pay, as it is already , and with absurd prices.

Certainly a player who has spent a lot of time in the game can not think of stopping, this is psychological in many areas for the human being. And the worst feeling is not being heard as a player, and having to follow the changes to full pay to win listening to ragged excuses trying to tell us that it is logic to benefit the game. In fact, it's only benefit to ncsoft's wallet.

Unfortunately our comments here are not worth anything, as Conguero told us, what really care is the surveys conducted by them, the forum seems only a "The Hunger Games" where adm laugh the players kill themselves in chat.
Old 10-21-2017, 11:13 PM   #506
araoncro
Tainted Zombie

araoncro is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutron View Post
I have not received an update from the devs yet, but if we're going to compare other territories the entire system needs to be accounted for, not just the exchange rate alone. The value of the exchange in NCW needed modified due to the all of the factors mentioned below allowing for an uncapped Adena source. While an individual character doing it was not so much an issue, some users has 10s of accounts doing it or in the case of us back tracking the source of the Adena in the first place, 100s of RMT accounts abusing it.

This entire system includes
- The price of Bait and Shots
- The cost of using fishing (it's not free in all territories)
- The acquisition rate of Powerful Fish
- The vendor selling price of Elcyum items

~I hope this sheds some more light into the reason this had to be changed.
The alarming tone of this summary is that people making decisions are willing to degrade the quality of regular player (the majority of legit accounts fishing for a marginal profit) gaming experience to stop a handfull of people (with numerous accounts) in exploiting something thats not that big of an exploit if you do it in a manner originaly implemented.

In stead of banning hundreds of lvl 99 accounts (lets not pretend these are easy to make even for someone automating the process) that you have obviously identified and tracked back someone just chose to do it in an easy way. There are lots of good theories here to why you acted this way but i'd clasify them as mostly conspiracy. What is more likely is that someone who has never invested 20 min of playing this game decided this is a good way do deal with it without actually thinking about the consequences. This is supported by the original we got caught with our fingers in the cake atempt at explaining the change, and then gradually elaborating on the reasons rather than having some coherent plan of ******* off the general population.

Overall its very obvious the game is past its prime for several years now and the shortage of staff on nc west servers is more than obvious.

Boys and girls go out, kill ppl have some fun.
Old 10-23-2017, 04:07 AM   #507
helvete
Tainted Zombie

helvete is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by araoncro View Post
What is more likely is that someone who has never invested 20 min of playing this game decided this is a good way do deal with it without actually thinking about the consequences. This is supported by the original we got caught with our fingers in the cake atempt at explaining the change, and then gradually elaborating on the reasons rather than having some coherent plan of ******* off the general population.
This sounds like the most probable theory to me. Many players on this forum complained that support staff do not know this game at all and most likely have never played it themselves for more than 1 hour.

Given we're now having another fishing event and a Fancy Rod is darn cheap (fishing coins bought for 80k each on Naia) I've lost all hope I will get a compensation for the Fancy Rod I paid all Adena I had back in the days (I considered it an investment).
Old 10-23-2017, 10:06 AM   #508
PimpMyBow
Remnant Diabolist

PimpMyBow has a spectacular aura about themPimpMyBow has a spectacular aura about them

How long this fishing expedition gonna last? xp is insane and its legal wtf!
Old 10-23-2017, 11:48 AM   #509
socketka
Remnant Diabolist

socketka will become famous soon enough

fancy rods were still too expensive so they gave another event to make them cheaper. and using normal baits with fancy rod is fairly loose term
Old 10-23-2017, 12:04 PM   #510
KissMyKnife
Dark Lord

KissMyKnife is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpMyBow View Post
How long this fishing expedition gonna last? xp is insane and its legal wtf!
what you mean insane? to low exp?
Old 10-23-2017, 01:12 PM   #511
PimpMyBow
Remnant Diabolist

PimpMyBow has a spectacular aura about themPimpMyBow has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMyKnife View Post
what you mean insane? to low exp?
too much xp! they should've added this before everyone left