Lineage II Forums  
Old 02-04-2016, 09:50 AM   #1
Sylph
Elpy

Sylph is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New to game need advice pls

Hi!
I'm new to the game and I'm playing an Aeore Cardinal. I think I doing so so in really good pt, but most of the time I'm in random pt the monsters keep charging at me after few heal cast ( in SoA those mini boss with green name on their head kill me with 2 skills - each hit took 65% of my hp bar ).
Can any good healer teach me some tips how to lower the monster aggro ?

And when some party member's hp bar empty in 3s and balanced 10s cool down, panic can barely slow down the hp bar dropping rate, the progressive cost too much mp, celestial shield on cool down. What should i do ?

Any good way for healer to make enough adena for shots and some spare to save up for new equipment ?

Thank you.
Sylph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 04:50 AM   #2
Stoven
Goblin Lord

Stoven is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New to game need advice pls

Your having bad luck players in your party can't keep aggro..
Panic heal does not heal much. Always keep tree up. My healer has 2 aoe attack skills that reduce aggro but do take mana. You will need to find a good heal rotation to save mana. When I get home I'll look up specific names of heals I use and hope it helps
Stoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 07:50 AM   #3
Ferine
Remnant Diabolist

Ferine is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylph View Post
Hi!
I'm new to the game and I'm playing an Aeore Cardinal. I think I doing so so in really good pt, but most of the time I'm in random pt the monsters keep charging at me after few heal cast ( in SoA those mini boss with green name on their head kill me with 2 skills - each hit took 65% of my hp bar ).
Can any good healer teach me some tips how to lower the monster aggro ?

And when some party member's hp bar empty in 3s and balanced 10s cool down, panic can barely slow down the hp bar dropping rate, the progressive cost too much mp, celestial shield on cool down. What should i do ?

Any good way for healer to make enough adena for shots and some spare to save up for new equipment ?

Thank you.
Get Istina Necklace Wiz (Not best, but cheapest 10% re-use neck) for skill re-use.
Prestiege pack if you can afford (20% re-use rune and +10% HP).
Orfen Soul Earring for Mp Regen (Cheap), Possibly regular Zaken help, can't remember.
Cheap S Grade HP weapon for cheap shots and ++ HP for more survivability.

Heal wise, use Progressive heal on the target NEXT to the one taking damage. I always organise my bar to have tank at top with iss/melee next so I can easily know which one to target for progressive. Balance heal save for panics when people are really low and sometimes follow with group heal.

Sustain will boost your heals on the target if they're taking too much damage to outheal, use that if you need to use brilliant heal due to MP. Fairy helps also, however that really requires knowing which classes can take it without knocking off cubics/overbuff.

I don't have brilliant heal on my bar and only ever use panic heal for PvP. I just use Progressive Heal and Balance Heal sparingly when they're needed (I do have the 2 re-use items I mentioned though).

Celestial wise personally I HATE when healers use party celest like it's candy, all the time. I really really HATE it, especially if I'm in a 2 healer party and it screws me over.

It's a crux party saving skill that gives you time to rez and/or recover, why give yourself the debuff unless you really need to??

I use single celest if I spot times that need it (tank/dd on big pulls, tank taking lots of damage, me getting hit etc). Party celest ONLY if the tank/main DD dies and the party is taking too much damage to spare the time to rez.... or at the end of raids so no one dies.

The revelation skills like Disparation and Undying Will will also help you stay alive a bit more.

Tree wise, I never bother apart from now with my invincible 101 tree... Good on healers without my amount of gear though I guess, but it's purely support, nothing to rely on at all.

One thing that "might" help with the aggro is having your lumi summoned. I don't suffer with getting aggro (I think SOA mobs are programmed to go for healer), but I know Lumi tends to pull aggro from mobs just by being there.
Ferine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 05:15 AM   #4
Sylph
Elpy

Sylph is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry I was on luna newyear vacation :P

@ Stoven: thank you ^_^

@ Ferine: thank you for all the tips ^_^ but can you tell me how to arrange the party list pls ? it seem fixed on my case.
Sylph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 10:30 PM   #5
BlueEyes
Tainted Zombie

BlueEyes is an unknown quantity at this point

How to rearrange the party listing bar?
hold Alt key down, click on the name of the party member in party listing bar and drag it up or down.

You need to position party listing bar, your own buffs/debuffs listing bar, skills bars on such a way that you dont need to move your eyes and mouse cursor much. And that you can target a menber at lightning speed.
You need to keep your party listing debuffs on, always. PvP or not, keep party listing debuffs on so that you can see party members debuffs and cleanse/purge debuffs. You will need to cleanse/purge a lot on higher level.

Tree of life: be carefull where you use it because tree mostly agro mobs on you.
Fairy of life: be carefull with Fairy of life on tank. Fairy of life will deletes one of tank cubics.
Sustain: will boost your healing power, cast it on yourself when needed.
Superior Mana Gain: keep this buff on to provide more MP to the party.
Rebirth: use it when the whole party has less than 30% MP and you can't sustain recharges. But NEVER use it when party Celestial is on, no1 willl get Rebirth. And be sure that you are safe place to cast Rebirth, it can be canceled. And that all party members are in range and alive, Rebirth is useless on dead members after all :-)
Balance Heal: use it whenever some party members have less than 50% HP.
Noblesse: after you ressed a member, use Noblesse on that member.
Lumi: always use Lumi on target, useless to say actually.
Salvation: don't forget to use it on yourself, same as Noblesse.

When you suddenly got aggro from mobs :
Dark Rain: it has chance decrease aggro.
Mass Sleep: sleeping mobs don't attack you :-)
Dissolve: removes the aggression of nearby enemies toward you and increases speed by 100. Use it and run to tank :-)
Disparition: cancels all your debuffs. For 5 seconds, you cannot be targeted. In other words, you will lose agro, should work on raid boss too.

As Ferine said: don't be a Celestial fool.
Just because you have Celestial, it doesn't mean you should use it whenever it is available.
It should be a last resort when you need to stabilize your party. Or when your party is on heavy fire while Balance Heal is not available. Er when you need to ress a member while party is under attack.

You also have a skill called Giant's Favor, it turns you into a mini/baby tank (long cool down).
Use it when you are unable to keep yourself alive while healing your party. Or when you need to ress a member while you are under attack and Celestial is not available.

The best combination (mana wise) is Balance Heal and Brilliant Heal. When Balance is on cool down, you use Progressive Heal.
In a good party, you rarely need to use Progressive Heal, Balance Heal and Brilliant Heal will keep your party alive all the time.

Yul and Feoh skills range is 1100 and these toons mostly stand far away from you. But your Balance/Brilliant Heal range is shorter then 1100, so these toons don't get your heal.
When needed, use Progressive Heal on them and tell them to come closer to you. But don't run to them to heal, your priority is keeping party alive, not just 1 of 2 DD's who keep a light year distance from you.

If a ranged DD is standing in the group of mobs and getting damage badly or a squishy class (Paper Othell) decides to play tank, make sure that they have noblesse, then let them die.
But before ressing them, tell them to keep distance. Or ask the Iss to put Knight on squishy class, especiallly the Paper Othell.

Last but not least: when some member die, dont feel sorry. You are a healer, not God :-)
BlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 02:20 AM   #6
Lostvayne
Elpy

Lostvayne is an unknown quantity at this point

Put element in your armor and you wouldn't die from 2 shots
Lostvayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:35 AM   #7
Kanaeda
Remnant Diabolist

Kanaeda will become famous soon enoughKanaeda will become famous soon enough

for tank or tanking toon you may need to use also single target celestial for them when group cs on cooldown. or use on yourself while you get a rez off (especially party rez)
Kanaeda is offline   Reply With Quote