Lineage II Forums  
Old 10-04-2010, 07:50 PM   #1
ViolentJay
Elpy

ViolentJay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default bad timing?

Well.. it has been awhile since I have played on retail L2.. ust decided to come back and play again.. started a new char.. lvl 34 atm.. i got money still.. so i can gear myself up.. but.. with this merge.. and the server losing 1/2 the players.. is it a bad timing to come back and play again? looks to me as if L2 is dieing off.. opinions?

Last edited by Sace; 10-05-2010 at 11:16 AM. Reason: taboo comments removed
Old 10-04-2010, 09:04 PM   #2
Cabbie
Beleth's Slave

Cabbie will become famous soon enoughCabbie will become famous soon enough
Default Re: bad timing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentJay View Post
Well.. it has been awhile since I have played on retail L2.. ust decided to come back and play again.. started a new char.. lvl 34 atm.. i got money still.. so i can gear myself up.. but.. with this merge.. and the server losing 1/2 the players.. is it a bad timing to come back and play again? looks to me as if L2 is dieing off.. opinions?
source of "the server losing 1/2 the players"???

Last edited by Sace; 10-05-2010 at 11:16 AM. Reason: quote edit
Old 10-05-2010, 04:34 AM   #3
Smittie
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Smittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabbie View Post
Its a guy that's been away, how would he possibly know?

Last edited by Sace; 10-05-2010 at 11:16 AM. Reason: taboo comments removed
Old 10-05-2010, 04:39 AM   #4
jurre
Hungry Spirit

jurre is on a distinguished road

There is actually lot of ppl coming back to game...
Old 10-05-2010, 04:56 AM   #5
LonFactor
Thunder Wyrm

LonFactor is an unknown quantity at this point

I think there's great times incoming
Old 10-05-2010, 05:49 AM   #6
mcBuff
Remnant Diabolist

mcBuff will become famous soon enoughmcBuff will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabbie View Post
Possibly the 'automatic' players?
Old 10-05-2010, 06:52 AM   #7
Vivisector242
Imperial Warlord

Vivisector242 will become famous soon enough

Well the game is dying. The merge is evidence of that. But the server losing 1/2 its members??? The server should actually have about 5X the amount of players it has now. Many are coming back to give it 1 last bang. I am guessing the population will be something like it was at the beginning.

There will be alot of people that are quiting due to this though, don't get me wrong there. Everything everyone has worked hard for, like owning a CH will be ripped from them, and the chances of getting another one are pretty slim. Some people won't like the PVP that is more then likely to start up, unless some ally makes a super power. I am hoping the server is at minimum 2 sided, and perhaps 5 sided would be a nice change. In the end, there will probably be at least 3-4X the amount of people on the server then there is right now.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:29 AM   #8
LonFactor
Thunder Wyrm

LonFactor is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisector242 View Post
Well the game is dying. The merge is evidence of that. But the server losing 1/2 its members??? The server should actually have about 5X the amount of players it has now. Many are coming back to give it 1 last bang. I am guessing the population will be something like it was at the beginning.

There will be alot of people that are quiting due to this though, don't get me wrong there. Everything everyone has worked hard for, like owning a CH will be ripped from them, and the chances of getting another one are pretty slim. Some people won't like the PVP that is more then likely to start up, unless some ally makes a super power. I am hoping the server is at minimum 2 sided, and perhaps 5 sided would be a nice change. In the end, there will probably be at least 3-4X the amount of people on the server then there is right now.
A clan hall is not that great to have anymore. Forts to fight for enough and more fun too.
And I dont think theres a lot of people left who hate pvp/getting PK'ed that much that they would quit suddenly now now that the game is so easy.

L2 is so cool because *nobody knows* what's gonna happen on this server. Merge all the WoW servers into one and you have exactly the same game, people raid get their farm items and get better gear. They are actually merged in some way with cross server party matching.

Merge all the L2 servers and you dont know if you gonna get PK'ed, have to fight for grind spots or be left alone the next weeks or who will make the most powerful clan.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:06 PM   #9
Vivisector242
Imperial Warlord

Vivisector242 will become famous soon enough

I am going off what happened when they did the merges last time (And those were small merges), and all the threads about people quitting becuase of the merge.

As for fortresses, I can tell you there won't be enough to go around. Should make for some fun though, as every 4 hours they will probably be seiged.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:48 PM   #10
Znipo
Tainted Zombie

Znipo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentJay View Post
Its not that many new players in L2 tbh, like a dozen per server? lol, almost everyone that plays have played for years and are lvl 76+.
Just join a clan, almost every clan has low lvl alts and stuff you can exp with (if u want the company ofc hehe), good luck

I just started 2 weeks ago, very fun with clan and stuff