Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Community Corner > Player Guides

Login

Player Guides Players that create guides and collections of game tips can post them here. If you have questions please post in the Player Questions section above!

Old 10-25-2016, 10:32 AM   #1
shendoGG
Elpy

shendoGG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how to do kartia 85 duo/trio

hey
I wanted to ask as its kinda best daily exp for players

how would u setup items/characters for kartia 85/90/95/99 ?

how to get the maximum amount of exp and what its like ?

i was thinking to make a day toon doing kartia 85 to quickly lvl up with l2 store passes

how would u recommend to set up my items and characters to do it kinda easily ?
shendoGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 11:50 AM   #2
DrGarry
Goblin Lord

DrGarry is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: how to do kartia 85 duo/trio

Any tyrr with +8 twilight set, generic octavis/istina "warrior" epics and shadow duals, iss hierophant in generic immortal armor, macros as you need ==== Enough for any kartia duo 85, 90, 95. Safe and easy.

With clan buff and 200% rune and maphr scroll you will get 80% at lvl 91
Can not remember other exp at 85, but it was quite fast too.

But I think any geared DD in heavy/light armors can do duo kartias with iss, easily.
DrGarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 08:26 AM   #3
shendoGG
Elpy

for example i have a problem that zellaka or pallaka is killing everyone with his aoe ... same for raid bosses every aoe Critical Slasher or something like that my allies are dead
Old 10-26-2016, 08:57 AM   #4
Znipoo
Remnant Diabolist

Znipoo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shendoGG View Post
for example i have a problem that zellaka or pallaka is killing everyone with his aoe ... same for raid bosses every aoe Critical Slasher or something like that my allies are dead
If he is killing everyone with his AOE, you're seriously doing something wrong, I dont understand how that is even possible to be honest.
Any DD (except feoh) should, aslong as he have a decent weapon be able to kill the boss of K85/K90/K95 in under 15 minutes, the iss should have no problem healing you for those 15 minutes.
About K99 it is obviously different, the DD must have much better gear, same with ISS.

Dont forget to grab some vampiric rage stuff, it does help alot.
i.e 2x different kind of special COC earrings, shiny shirt 7+, seed talismans etc.
Znipoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 09:08 AM   #5
Attutmaruun
Dark Lord

Attutmaruun is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
that is usually problem with resists.
dunno for paulina set, but ppl with immortal event gears, resists 30-60 (unless heavy) will die if hit and if rb not debuffed by iss

basic rule of thumb is, if you are not strong enough, go trio or full party, going 4 ppl is a small difference in exp (but missing 3 dd's) going 5 and 6 is same exp per person but more work.

as for classes, clearly you need iss, for buffs (even at lvl 1 they are better then npc's + resists), and debuffs (40% p.atak and 40% p.def less on enemy is a huge difference)
get him any weapon (with HP sa), heavy armour set on defence, don't forget about some resists. working your iss properly can make a difference between a breeze easy kartia and a fail, need to debuff all the time and not get to much dmg.

as for DD's well, play who you want to play, unless you only want to do kartia for entire game time ;-)

wynns are generally easy going with kartias duo, clearing mobs will take longer but RB is a breeze, and if servitor dies, you summon next one. no mana problems.
yul need good gear do kill RB quicker (obviously), going though mobs is very quick, you may need to take care of your Mana and jump from kartia RB from time to time when he is casting heavy hitter.
tyrr will need 2 weapons, pole for mobs and single target weapon, pole doesn't need to be super good, but since you are a close hitter, armour is more of a must as you can't take to much dmg, mana is not a problem.
these are my top 3 kartia duo dd's

can't tell for rest, went on duo with a dagger, didn't go well, Evis are OK i guess but nothing special IMO, didn't go duo with sayha or feoh
Attutmaruun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 09:56 AM   #6
Astarothy
Remnant Diabolist

Location: Just freshly off from Fabulous Lands. Deal with it!
Astarothy has a spectacular aura about themAstarothy has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attutmaruun View Post
...as for classes, clearly you need iss, for buffs (even at lvl 1 they are better then npc's + resists), and debuffs (40% p.atak and 40% p.def less on enemy is a huge difference)
get him any weapon (with HP sa), heavy armour set on defence, don't forget about some resists. working your iss properly can make a difference between a breeze easy kartia and a fail, need to debuff all the time and not get to much dmg.
Please, stop spreading these kind of rumours as it doesnt make you look good when you r giving out advices. If you stick to that, it's the same as telling ppl that "dessert buffs" from L2Store (which comes with lv2 melodies + harmony + 1h sonatas set) is weaker than any buffs from lv90-94 Iss. Or even the craftable buff potions r somehow "different" than Iss's buffs (obviously they r lv1, so any lv2+ buffs should overrun them, no argue about that).

To OP: you havent said what your party setup for trying K85/90 duo, as that will make a huge of difference in playstyle, or what should be done - as some classes clearly need more gear (or even OP gear) to do things easily accessible for ones like wynn, evisc or a titan, ie.
Astarothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 09:56 AM   #7
shendoGG
Elpy

for me im iss lv 92 full blessed twilight attack type heavy +4 with 60 resists, shunaman emperor weapon (got rons dual blunt weapon in warehouse +5)shiny shirt +5, talisman desire, venir +12, blessed orfen, zaken, coc rings and necklace, rudolph agathion, 3x lvl1 legendary str dyes, freya/zaken capes for different resists and still got one hit by raid boss maybe i should do 120 resists in my armor ? i think thats the real problem
Old 10-26-2016, 10:08 AM   #8
Astarothy
Remnant Diabolist

Location: Just freshly off from Fabulous Lands. Deal with it!
Astarothy has a spectacular aura about themAstarothy has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
for me im iss lv 92 full blessed twilight attack type heavy +4 with 60 resists, shunaman emperor weapon (got rons dual blunt weapon in warehouse +5)shiny shirt +5, talisman desire, venir +12, blessed orfen, zaken, coc rings and necklace, rudolph agathion, 3x lvl1 legendary str dyes, freya/zaken capes for different resists and still got one hit by raid boss maybe i should do 120 resists in my armor ? i think thats the real problem
Change the armor for defense type, switch the dyes for CON and stack on all armor pieces +60 fire resist (k90 is fire based, so you'll end up with 300 fire resist - aka 60x5). Also, make sure those coc neck/1 ring r Fire type - if you r Iss Hierophant, drop that CoC Neck and take a normal Istina Necklace. For weapon, would be better even a Requiem cutter with a mix of SA's (25% hp form lv5 Kain + hp/acumen from a lv3 Lionel/ or hp/atkspeed from lv3 Lionna) + sigil (shield if you'r SwS Iss).

Dunno who you'r patying with, but best couples for duo is good player evisc (not dumb ones that die from 1 hit and cant even proper do SM at right time), tyrr titan and wynn. Obviously, lv90 ones cant do duo without being heavily geared, so you might seek for mid-90 ones (93+) with at least 300 element weapon. Avoid ppl in clean immortal gear and god forbid if in dinasty (when you spot they r not into appearance modified set).

As Iss, you get to understand that you dont need to be actually hitting the RB every time since your debuffs last for 20s. So hit, debuff, do your specials in proper time then stay away doing supportive healing when needed, and trying to avoid being focused by RB target (ie. polymorph ftw). In case you r still feeling weak, then it's time to invite a healer for the trio.
Astarothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 03:18 AM   #9
Attutmaruun
Dark Lord

Attutmaruun is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astarothy View Post
Please, stop spreading these kind of rumours as it doesnt make you look good when you r giving out advices. If you stick to that, it's the same as telling ppl that "dessert buffs" from L2Store (which comes with lv2 melodies + harmony + 1h sonatas set) is weaker than any buffs from lv90-94 Iss. Or even the craftable buff potions r somehow "different" than Iss's buffs (obviously they r lv1, so any lv2+ buffs should overrun them, no argue about that).
well, OP was asking about doing kartia from 85 to 95/99, many people start with not inviting isses and doing duo with other DD or a healer for lvl 85 and 90, and then find them self at 95 with no iss friend while on ignore list of isses that they kicked away from party, been there (on iss side)...
my statement was not wrong, take an iss on 85 lvl, take npc buff, do print screen of stats and then do buff and compare them again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astarothy View Post
As Iss, you get to understand that you dont need to be actually hitting the RB every time since your debuffs last for 20s. So hit, debuff, do your specials in proper time then stay away doing supportive healing when needed, and trying to avoid being focused by RB target (ie. polymorph ftw). In case you r still feeling weak, then it's time to invite a healer for the trio.
You need to remember that hitting restores ISS MP, so it's worth to invest in armour so you don't have to run away all the time from RB.
polymorph enchanted to MP regen also helps a bit.

proper use of healing melody is to actually use it on your self close to target you want to heal, more % is healed this way, and you heal to birds with one cast.
Attutmaruun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 11:38 AM   #10
shendoGG
Elpy

thanks for advices guys i found out few tricks as iss to do..and so on, sometimes im even stronger than my DDs but its so hard to find active players in this game.

I'm missing Constant Parties that are exping 24/7 (not bots but actual players), cant see any of the mad players playing here only people that are looking for easy XP/Farm
Old 05-10-2017, 09:32 AM   #11
Skatt
Elpy

Skatt is an unknown quantity at this point

healer (can be with polina's R-set) + 2 normal DD (not TOP or Best, just normal +/-) = K 90 trio easy

K 90 more easy than K 85.
Skatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 07:54 AM   #12
MDMAHigh
Hungry Spirit

MDMAHigh is an unknown quantity at this point

im doing k85 trio with my othell, just need iss+heal and i can do enough damage by myself

its not that hard at all lol
Old 05-14-2017, 04:28 AM   #13
MissMay
Elpy

MissMay is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: how to do kartia 85 duo/trio

Zellaka, the k85 boss, has insane AOE damage. I wouldn't recommend k85 trio if DD/ISS don't have at least a good set and the HEALER is below 87 lvl. Why? well, i'm an Aeore 98 lvl in the exact same gear as the day i awakened (immortal +3 3x60 requiem weap +19%cast. speed) and I can tell you that the only instances I came across that make similar AOE burst % damage as Zellaka are Epic Octavis or Epic Istina. Not even armed CC damages like that soab.
In the light of what i just told you my recommendation would be to do k85 with 4 ppl minimum. Don't Forget also that most low lvl healers (not only poor healers like myself lol) are equiped with basic gear, without epics or any other source of utility stats, such has magic skill cool down, and trust me when i tell you that the gap between 6sec and 9sec re-use for ballance heal makes all the difference, for exemple. It is also fairly hard to do k85 without party celestial, which is learned only at lvl 87.
k90 and 95 are both easy peasy. You can easily trio k90 even with badly equipped people. I've done all my k90 in Trio always prefering othels as DDs. There's a reason to this. Othels are the only DDs that don't really require Warrior harmony, as their output damage isn't really changed with Knight Harmony, which will provide sustain. I did most of my k90 with this Othel named Yabrant, with clean immortal set and clean requiem daggers and always went like a charm. I recall also doing it with yull/wynn and evis with weapons +4 and not going as fast.
By the time you are able to do k95 you'll easily find good equipped people and it wil be easier to trio. Hope this helps
As for the best way to do it: svp + maphr scroll. k85 4ppl, k90 trio, k95 trio and when u get 98+ u can start duoing it.
MissMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 12:09 AM   #14
Znipoo
Remnant Diabolist

Znipoo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMay View Post
Zellaka, the k85 boss, has insane AOE damage. I wouldn't recommend k85 trio if DD/ISS don't have at least a good set and the HEALER is below 87 lvl. Why? well, i'm an Aeore 98 lvl in the exact same gear as the day i awakened (immortal +3 3x60 requiem weap +19%cast. speed) and I can tell you that the only instances I came across that make similar AOE burst % damage as Zellaka are Epic Octavis or Epic Istina. Not even armed CC damages like that soab.
In the light of what i just told you my recommendation would be to do k85 with 4 ppl minimum. Don't Forget also that most low lvl healers (not only poor healers like myself lol) are equiped with basic gear, without epics or any other source of utility stats, such has magic skill cool down, and trust me when i tell you that the gap between 6sec and 9sec re-use for ballance heal makes all the difference, for exemple. It is also fairly hard to do k85 without party celestial, which is learned only at lvl 87.
k90 and 95 are both easy peasy. You can easily trio k90 even with badly equipped people. I've done all my k90 in Trio always prefering othels as DDs. There's a reason to this. Othels are the only DDs that don't really require Warrior harmony, as their output damage isn't really changed with Knight Harmony, which will provide sustain. I did most of my k90 with this Othel named Yabrant, with clean immortal set and clean requiem daggers and always went like a charm. I recall also doing it with yull/wynn and evis with weapons +4 and not going as fast.
By the time you are able to do k95 you'll easily find good equipped people and it wil be easier to trio. Hope this helps
As for the best way to do it: svp + maphr scroll. k85 4ppl, k90 trio, k95 trio and when u get 98+ u can start duoing it.
Im just going to assume you're talking about K85 groups which was "SVP".
Cause there is no issue doing it at all duo with a lv. 85 healer and a lv. 85 DD aslong as the DD has enough damage,
The problems only appear when you are stuck in the corner with him spamming his AOE on you both, which is the case during SVP only
Znipoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 04:01 AM   #15
Trenshero
Remnant Diabolist

Trenshero is on a distinguished road

Zellaka is the hardest Kartia to solo, and unless you have a DD that can kill all the trash that spawns with him without wiping yourself, you're going to be in that corner.

Plus, I don't see a point in doing it if you aren't saving VP. The whole point of PLing yourself in those instances is to pop a Maphyr Scroll with VP and probably an XP Rune (and other bonuses stacked) to get massive XP gain from it.

If you're just going for base XP, or you're running [only] a rune, then just get a group and do it.

Once you get to 90, you can completely forego Kartia "groups" as long as you have at least an Iss Enchanter leveling with your DD... Just use Seduction, MP Consumption Talisman (the Teredor/Spezion ones... 8-10 uses per run if only use on boss pull until you know it will die before your Iss OOMs), and Wizard Harmony. I have some dual SA Requiem Duals with MP SAs that I keep for those instances runs, as well.

For K85, if it seems too difficult, just don't sweat it. Get to 90 however you can. Peline and Kalios are trivial compared to Zellaka.
Old 05-21-2017, 04:10 AM   #16
Trenshero
Remnant Diabolist

Trenshero is on a distinguished road

Quote:
hey
I wanted to ask as its kinda best daily exp for players

how would u setup items/characters for kartia 85/90/95/99 ?

how to get the maximum amount of exp and what its like ?

i was thinking to make a day toon doing kartia 85 to quickly lvl up with l2 store passes

how would u recommend to set up my items and characters to do it kinda easily ?
You only need basic gear to solo Kartias. K85 is hard for most classes unless you have Twinked low level toons. After 90, you don't really need any twinking at all. You can literally solo K90 and 95 in Safe Enchanged, 60 * 3 event gear with minimal issues. Just have a boxed Iss.

Seduction Pots help a lot, if you can afford them.

Though I've never tried soloing a Kartia on a Nuker, probably because I feel like that would require gear to power through (due to mana efficiency issues), and it's much easier to just kill it down on my Summoner and then BSOE that and the Issue and finish the last sliver off on my Nuker for solo XP :-P

If you wait until 98+ to solo K95, then you won't get tons of use out of it. At 99+ it's barely worth the issue unless you're running a run and using Freya/Maphyr scrolls. The XP becomes terrible at that point ( <= 0.6% XP Base from Kalios, I think? ). Better to stop doing it on main and start saving it for Dual Class (if needed) at that point.