Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > Game Suggestions

Login

Game Suggestions Share your ideas for new or modified game features

Old 05-18-2017, 02:11 PM   #21
Chucksteak
Tainted Zombie

Chucksteak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lineage III

It was irresponsible of them to have never had a TV add campaign. I just happen to see it on the shelf when it first came out and thought it was Diablo style game with castles and dragons.

No one I ever ran into on the streets had ever heard of it, then, or now.
Chucksteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 10:45 PM   #22
Trenshero
Remnant Diabolist

Trenshero is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucksteak View Post

1. PvP/Social/Political system - No other game has come close to L2 in the PvP and social system it has to offer. Such as Clans, Clan halls, castle system, oly system ect. The best you get is some lame instanced or otherwise removed zone to "PvP" in. This system should be kept largely intact.
This is all good in theory, but you're speaking like you've never played another MMORPG. Also, this is usually the stuff that turns people off of this game.

Terrible Combat System. Horrible Movement that was out of date years before the game released. Bare Bones Clan Halls and Castles. A completely unmanageable/out of balanced Olympiad Arena System. Poor Itemization and pretty much no semblance of class balance (there has never been such a thing in L2).

Olympiad - the system you're singing the praises of - is Instanced PvP. So are Dimensional Seiges, pretty much.

The fun thing about L2 was the laid back grinding and social drama - which exists in all FFA PvP games, BTW. But there was a special peculiarity to the L2 player base that made it all the more fun to observe. That is largely gone, though, as the majority of those players have quit. Most of the newer players are "different." The play the game like it's World of Warcraft with a side dish of Overwatch.

In any case, a lot of the imbalances in PvP stem from the outmoded game engine/combat system/movement system they used to develop it. It's also why skill is a borderline non-factor in determining power. It's all about Levels, Gear (Items, OE), and Luck.
Old 05-22-2017, 11:02 AM   #23
Chucksteak
Tainted Zombie

Chucksteak is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenshero View Post
This is all good in theory, but you're speaking like you've never played another MMORPG. Also, this is usually the stuff that turns people off of this game.

Terrible Combat System. Horrible Movement that was out of date years before the game released. Bare Bones Clan Halls and Castles. A completely unmanageable/out of balanced Olympiad Arena System. Poor Itemization and pretty much no semblance of class balance (there has never been such a thing in L2).

Olympiad - the system you're singing the praises of - is Instanced PvP. So are Dimensional Seiges, pretty much.

The fun thing about L2 was the laid back grinding and social drama - which exists in all FFA PvP games, BTW. But there was a special peculiarity to the L2 player base that made it all the more fun to observe. That is largely gone, though, as the majority of those players have quit. Most of the newer players are "different." The play the game like it's World of Warcraft with a side dish of Overwatch.

In any case, a lot of the imbalances in PvP stem from the outmoded game engine/combat system/movement system they used to develop it. It's also why skill is a borderline non-factor in determining power. It's all about Levels, Gear (Items, OE), and Luck.

I have played several other MMO's, I took 5-6 years off of lineage to try out others. Not all of them, but I feel I hit all the big titles and some small ones.

Most of the PvP in other MMOs is fake. You never care about the other players, much less recognize very many on world chat. Mostly, even if there was some odd PvP system (ie Tera) there was nothing to lose! Its the sense of loss that L2 created. In WoW you cant even F-ing TALK to the other team!

Every game I've ever played struggles to find "balance". The L2 Store created a gear gap that didn't naturally exist in L2. Then there is the 3 lvl gap penalty that exist for some reason that I still cant fathom. The passive skill level increases should have dealt with any power structure tied to level that the developers wanted, yet they stuck this in there at some point to exacerbate this and it has created this problem. If these 2 issues are negated, then L2 becomes a game where PvP requires the MOST skill. Almost every class has more skills to use than you can fit on a stromo, and they are all for different situations and different reactions.

Olympiad is instanced PvP on a basic level, yes, but the outcome has perhaps the biggest impact on your clan/server than anything else you can do on your own or otherwise. Again, if you take the whales out of it, it is reasonably balanced IMO. As long as you are 101+ with "OK" or better gear, and not facing a 104+ person with a PvP set, and churched up broaches, you have the ability to have a great time and get good wins in Oly.

The Castles and CH's are bare bones?! While I feel we hardly scratched the full potential of the castles system, I don't recall any other game that even HAD a real castle you could take. I find the CHs remarkable as well. How many other titles teased these fixed residences and never delivered?

Now the movement/targeting system I will completely agree that it could be improved.
Chucksteak is offline   Reply With Quote