Lineage II Forums  
Old 03-01-2013, 05:21 PM   #1
Pusst
Goblin Lord

Pusst is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Possibly the wierdest question

So after couple of months I wanted to play L2 but I couldn't because of the Windows 8 problem. And now I want to start again. (Everything works good) But I don't know who to play with. Paladin or Gladiator? I really like tanky classes and I like classes which does quite a lot of damage. So I google some info and I saw that a lot of people plays with Gladiators tank/damage. So if I buy heavy armour and other tank classes stuff, won't that change my "non-stop killing" (I suck at pvp ) with other players? I mean it won't change that much p.atk and atk. speed? Or better play truly tank and take serious of damage with a laugh?
P.s. sorry for bad English words and grammar.
Pusst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:31 PM   #2
Tiferet1
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Tiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Possibly the wierdest question

I guess you're not that informed about Awakening classes. If you like to tank, roll a Sigel Knight. If you like to be a DD with a slight tanky disposition, roll a Tyrr Warrior.
No matter what, in PvP a tank is absolutely needed. But a Tyrr can hold his ground for a bit before going down. In PvE a good geared Tyrr can be a replacement tank.
Tiferet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:37 PM   #3
Pusst
Goblin Lord

Maybe I will roll with the Sigel Knight. Maybe can someone give me some tips? Never played a true tank class in L2.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #4
Dreamer
Beleth's Slave

Dreamer has a spectacular aura about themDreamer has a spectacular aura about themDreamer has a spectacular aura about them

http://www.l2gc.com/classes/sigel-knight/

Here you can check the Tank skills and also the other classes.
For basic infos about the awakend Classes check the section in this forum. Each class has a own Thread.
Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:23 AM   #5
Linnda
Zaken

Linnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pusst View Post
Maybe I will roll with the Sigel Knight. Maybe can someone give me some tips? Never played a true tank class in L2.
People will always blame you or healer for incompetence. When you get good, people will love you and add you as a friend.

Some advice:

Know how to run around and hate everything. This keeps all the aggro off of your party and on you.
Use your Chain Pull, this is what separates good tanks from okay ones in PvE. I love it when a tank pulls a mob away from me right before it kills me. Saves my life and gives me a split second to heal back up to full.
Use auras accordingly, when Iss is buffing use the -20% MP consumption Aura, if you're tanking use that debuff aura.
Know how to use Protection of Faith, it can save your party members, but also kill you in a split second if you don't manage yourself or your healer is outright terrible.

Not sure what else. That's all I have from watching tanks play.
Linnda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:38 AM   #6
Pusst
Goblin Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeirToRune View Post
People will always blame you or healer for incompetence. When you get good, people will love you and add you as a friend.

Some advice:

Know how to run around and hate everything. This keeps all the aggro off of your party and on you.
Use your Chain Pull, this is what separates good tanks from okay ones in PvE. I love it when a tank pulls a mob away from me right before it kills me. Saves my life and gives me a split second to heal back up to full.
Use auras accordingly, when Iss is buffing use the -20% MP consumption Aura, if you're tanking use that debuff aura.
Know how to use Protection of Faith, it can save your party members, but also kill you in a split second if you don't manage yourself or your healer is outright terrible.

Not sure what else. That's all I have from watching tanks play.
Thanks for the advice.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:10 PM   #7
pescadorabioso
Elpy

pescadorabioso is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Possibly the wierdest question

For me sigel knight, dark avenger if you can play with the pet, if not paladin, does not have many skill, but has much P.Def as any tank, a gladiator has more skill, is likely to hit over, but for me, Human Knight Sigel.
pescadorabioso is offline   Reply With Quote