Lineage II Forums  
Old 08-04-2014, 09:05 PM   #21
BigBubbles
Zaken

BigBubbles is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone still using prophet to go buffer path?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiferet1 View Post
You should use SOULshots with a warrior weapon...
This, and if you like it its ok, when I leveled toons at your level I was a ToI rat myself. If you go there, find the floor that you kill at a good rate and isn't to hard, faster kill rate > harder mobs with more XP, do not over extend yourself.

Kill rate always trumps higher XP unless you can get it with maintaining a good kill rate.
BigBubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:00 PM   #22
Tinydust
Elpy

Tinydust is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiferet1 View Post
You should use SOULshots with a warrior weapon...
Really? I tot SoulShot is for mage type..

but the weapon said use 8 for Soul shot and uses 2 for spirit soul

well will try the soul shot..any other suggestion?
Tinydust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:21 PM   #23
BigBubbles
Zaken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinydust View Post
Really? I tot SoulShot is for mage type..

but the weapon said use 8 for Soul shot and uses 2 for spirit soul

well will try the soul shot..any other suggestion?
Nope, we've pretty much covered everything. Soulshots are for whack and ****, and blessed spirit shots are for nuking, plain spirit shots if you're being super cheap and don't care about the DPS lose. Soul shots are far cheaper anyways, it evens out.

If you have other more specific questions, I'm sure I or someone else will wander in and answer later.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:42 PM   #24
BigBubbles
Zaken

Once you start using soulshots, you're in a for a big surprise, you're going to be killing a lot faster, where you are now will probably bore the hell out of you, would advise checking ToI like I said, there are other area's as well, open your map, and check leveling areas, click on by level and you'll see the list.

Like I said, I like ToI myself, and you can stay there until 76-78, I leave at 76 but you don't have to, I just do.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:02 PM   #25
Tinydust
Elpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBubbles View Post
Once you start using soulshots, you're in a for a big surprise, you're going to be killing a lot faster, where you are now will probably bore the hell out of you, would advise checking ToI like I said, there are other area's as well, open your map, and check leveling areas, click on by level and you'll see the list.

Like I said, I like ToI myself, and you can stay there until 76-78, I leave at 76 but you don't have to, I just do.
OH Gosh..i been wasting my adena for that spirit shot..No wonder i didnt feel any diff after using it ..

Thank guys... I will trying ur way BIgBubbles..till i lvl 58 for the quest..
Old 08-04-2014, 11:59 PM   #26
BigBubbles
Zaken

Quote:
Kill rate always trumps higher XP unless you can get it with maintaining a good kill rate.
Thought of a perfect example of this, me and a newb clan mate go to ToI, we were like 64, I make a bee line to the 7th floor, he heads off to the 9th because he heard the angels were mega XP.

Newb: OMG, you can't believe the XP I'm getting, you should come up here!

Me: Nah, I know the XP your getting, I like it fine here.

Newb: Ok, your loss, you have no clue what you're missing out on,

Me: Ok.

Little while later, I join him on the 9th floor.

Newb: Finally going to listen to me huh ? You'll be happy I'm almost 65 already !

Me: Cool, but I dinged 68, took a break, came back and moved up, it was just the right time to be here now.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:11 AM   #27
Tinydust
Elpy

Quote:
Thought of a perfect example of this, me and a newb clan mate go to ToI, we were like 64, I make a bee line to the 7th floor, he heads off to the 9th because he heard the angels were mega XP.

Newb: OMG, you can't believe the XP I'm getting, you should come up here!

Me: Nah, I know the XP your getting, I like it fine here.

Newb: Ok, your loss, you have no clue what you're missing out on,

Me: Ok.

Little while later, I join him on the 9th floor.

Newb: Finally going to listen to me huh ? You'll be happy I'm almost 65 already !

Me: Cool, but I dinged 68, took a break, came back and moved up, it was just the right time to be here now.
Thats cool.. hahah but i m wandering can i teleport to TOI with the teleport npc from aden?
Old 08-05-2014, 12:30 AM   #28
BigBubbles
Zaken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinydust View Post
Thats cool.. hahah but i m wandering can i teleport to TOI with the teleport npc from aden?
Yes, ToI = Tower of Insolence. There is also a NPC inside ToI that lets you teleport up floors, he requires a gem, they are color coded for different floors. The NPC next to him sells the gems. Also you can take a quest there that will supply a poor mans Ant Queen ring and other stuff, not really worth doing in the long run, but in the short term its fun.

I take that back, thinking about it, quest takes like 13 days to complete, by then you will have long been in R grade, still fun if you want to check it out though.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:23 AM   #29
Tinydust
Elpy

Quote:
Yes, ToI = Tower of Insolence. There is also a NPC inside ToI that lets you teleport up floors, he requires a gem, they are color coded for different floors. The NPC next to him sells the gems. Also you can take a quest there that will supply a poor mans Ant Queen ring and other stuff, not really worth doing in the long run, but in the short term its fun.

I take that back, thinking about it, quest takes like 13 days to complete, by then you will have long been in R grade, still fun if you want to check it out though.

I will try it out leveling there onli..since i can have quest at lvl 58.

will post the outcome after I try it out.. =)
Old 08-05-2014, 05:27 AM   #30
PimpMyBow
Remnant Diabolist

PimpMyBow has a spectacular aura about themPimpMyBow has a spectacular aura about them

Find a party man with somebody, will be much easier.
PimpMyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:51 AM   #31
Tinydust
Elpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpMyBow View Post
Find a party man with somebody, will be much easier.
nowday all going solo... thx to the newbie buff...

well I have tried the TOI but it use alot ss to kill a mob..

Forsaken plain is a better choice..
Old 08-05-2014, 12:23 PM   #32
FidgitTheClown
Valakas

FidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about themFidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about themFidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about them

forsaken plains has decent xp.
i'm glad they brought it up a bit.
fields of massacre is good too, and swamp of screams and forest of the dead are decent. there was a time when sea of spores was better than all of those areas it was a little depressing.
FidgitTheClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 02:40 PM   #33
BigBubbles
Zaken

ToI is 4x mobs, so yes it takes a few more shots, but you lose no kill rate if you are on the right floor for your level. The mobs are tightly packed compared to the running to next target you have to do in most open field zones as well.

Shot cost vs. XP gained, ToI will win out, and you actually spend less on shots, its really all in how you look at it. It may seem you are spending less in FS because you can hunt longer before you need to restock, but if you check XP gained after a restock from either zone, you would see the ToI guy made much more, much faster.

Doesn't really matter, do what is fun for you, I've seen all the zones to many times, so if I were to make a new toon, and last I did, I just go for efficiency.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:06 PM   #34
Tinydust
Elpy

Quote:
ToI is 4x mobs, so yes it takes a few more shots, but you lose no kill rate if you are on the right floor for your level. The mobs are tightly packed compared to the running to next target you have to do in most open field zones as well.

Shot cost vs. XP gained, ToI will win out, and you actually spend less on shots, its really all in how you look at it. It may seem you are spending less in FS because you can hunt longer before you need to restock, but if you check XP gained after a restock from either zone, you would see the ToI guy made much more, much faster.

Doesn't really matter, do what is fun for you, I've seen all the zones to many times, so if I were to make a new toon, and last I did, I just go for efficiency.

Yea agreed... but i m kinda broke after bought those shot..
Old 08-06-2014, 10:12 AM   #35
Trenshero
Remnant Diabolist

Trenshero is on a distinguished road

I'd only go Prophet if there were specific skills that I wanted to keep (and there are definitely some that are worth keeping for some people/playstyles/ambitions).

If I wanted a decent Iss with decent Battle Statistics and Racial Passives, there are much better choices than a Human Heirophant.
Trenshero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:51 PM   #36
KingBuff
Imperial Warlord

KingBuff is on a distinguished road

Prophet ISS is by far the best. Faster reuse on skills (battle rhapsody), more mp and better mp management so you can heal and buff without worrying about mana and spamming skills. I suggest making yourself a DD to powerlevel your character. If you insist on only playing one character then send me a pm and I'll tell you how to aoe for faster leveling on your prophet.
KingBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 10:37 PM   #37
Trenshero
Remnant Diabolist

Trenshero is on a distinguished road

You don't need to level up as Prophet to make an Iss Heirophant. You just need to level up an OL super fast and then use the item to change it to Heirophant. The Pre-Awakened Prophet is such a bad PvE character that it will take like 10x as long as an Orc Buffer and probably 5x longer than an SWS or BD to level up to 85. It all depends on how much you think your time is worth.

I'd do the Prophet if you wanted to keep Pre-Awakened skills and were looking towards Olympiad competitiveness, but I'd box it and drag it behind a better DD, like a Destroyer, Necromancer, or Phantom Ranger until I could get PL'd by a Wynn in Altar of Evil or something.

Otherwise, I'd roll a different support class and change it to Heirophant after Awakening.

Maybe I'm biased because I've already ran so many toons through those low levels. If the Mentor XP Bonus was still 200% I would have less of an issue slugging along on a Prophet, though...
Trenshero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 11:32 PM   #38
BigBubbles
Zaken

Its his first toon, well second if you count the EE he is also making, and he was already well on his way on it when that item was given out last Wednesday~~