Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > Dev Corner

Login

Dev Corner Questions and answers from the people behind the scenes of Lineage II. Only mods can start threads in this forum.

Old 12-21-2015, 09:11 PM   #1
Juji
Producer

Juji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond repute
Default Producer Q&A – Answers!

Although, we had a lot of great questions, I could not answer them all. I tried to pick the most relevant and popular questions to answer.

BOTS

Will you ever start to ban ppl who use pvp programs? Ovi
We are working with a security team in Korea to prevent and detect PvP bot programs being used in L2. The game accounts that created these bot programs have already been banned and we are in the process now of taking legal action against them.

Two popular bot programs have already shut down their service this month, and we will continue to take large strides in tackling this issue that has gone on far too long.

In addition, we are planning to add another anti-bot program that has better detection methods without impacting legitimate players.

Is it true that people that pay have a free pass if they are caught cheating?
LightningStrike
There is no free pass for any player if they are caught cheating.

Bots vs drops. How do you plan to compete with gold sellers to make them less effective, get less profit and therefore make less impact on in-game. You cannot boost drops until bots can and will take advantage of that, what solutions you have in mind?
Cepumzaglis
You brought up a very valid point about bots vs drops. One of L2’s challenges has always been bots/RMT, which is mainly due to the grindy nature of the game when it first launched 12 years ago.

The Adena drop rate was reduced in the Lindvior update two years ago to curb RMT farming Adena. If we had the detection tools that we have now, that decision probably would not have been made. We have been increasing the drop rate slowly back to the original rate with each new update. It is not quite to where it should be in certain areas, but we are making improvements to places that are harder to automate.

There is no perfect solution to getting rid of RMT. Any MMO that has tradable items and currency will always suffer from RMT to some extent. Even if we made all item drops and currency non-tradable, RMT would still try to find a way to exploit us.

The solution that we are working towards will address the two sides of the RMT problem:
1.) The RMT bots who farm Adena
2.) The players who buy Adena from RMT

Game Design

Is there any plans to balance the game? Tyrr's being underpowered. LightningStrike
Some classes like Yull GS and Trickster on 101 hit like a truck?
mixa
The dev team is aware of the balance issue with Tyrr Warriors and already made some changes in their most recent update. We should see more information later about balance changes to other classes like Archer and Sayha’s Seer.

Will be there any changes with Beleth instance in future? especially on Naia server? AfroGlad
We have raised our concerns about this issue to the dev team. They are re-evaluating the Exalted quest for Beleth now. All territories are also experiencing this very issue.

Any chance judicators can awaken to something usefull? Jacky
There are no future plans to change or re-awaken the Judicator class. We are offering a free Dual Class change for players who still have Judicator as a Dual Class.

More information about this dual class change service will be posted later this week.

Can we get an actual Raiding system for open field raids with spawn times and death timers? LightningStrike
The spawn timer feature is already in the works, but I do not have an ETA on implementation.

Any update on new armor sets? Maybe adding a 2 or 3 new armor sets and remove the need for PVE & PVP gear? LightningStrike
There are no plans at this time for new armor sets. The Lindvior armor is still a myth.

Any plans on updating the clan reward system / daily login system to give better rewards and harder rewards require more work (and not a whole year of work)? LightningStrike
The clan rewards were updated recently with Daily Coin boxes. We are planning to add more Daily Coin rewards and an attendance check system in the future.

Why we have so many unavailable grand bosses like AQ, Baium, Lilith , Anakim. Those are literally locked away from 99.9% of the servers population and were/are only farmed by bots. Is there are plans to actually make them more accessible to the players. Things like Anakim/Lilith talismans only come from events... mixa
Can older raid bosses be updated to meet new standards so that they could be farmed by our mains instead of 98 low levels?
LightningStrike
This is one of the most popular player suggestions we received lately, which the dev team is already reviewing.

Can we make soul crystal compounding possible up to level/stage 15/20??? So that we can have uber sa bonus. husdatyul
Compounding Soul Crystals is only possible up until Stage 5 for now. Stage 6 and higher can only be acquired through drops or events.

Is there any plan at NCSoft's end to change the Clan System within Lineage II? Illogical
We have requested to change the castle cloak requirements several times from 40 members to higher. There are no current plans to change how the system works now. The intent is that the castle cloak is an incentive to actively participate in the clan system versus having the reward for simply being in the clan.

Will Devil's Isle be ever populated again? Illogical
There were plans to update Devil’s Isle to a higher level hunting zone, but there have not been any more details about it since Ertheia.

Any chance of the "Conquest System" ever seeing the light of day on NCWest servers?" Illogical
We have not received any update on the Conquest System (Server vs Server).

General NCWest Questions

Any plans for Lineage II Classic? Jota
We are discussing with the dev team about bringing over the Classic server to NCWest, but a final decision has not been made yet.

Is there any interesting information you could share with players of L2 Classic? With respect to old Chronicles (Prelude–Interlude), what direction of development shall the Classic version take? Plumbum
If we were to move forward with a Classic Server, the only thing that we can mention regarding the direction of development is that the Goddess of the Destruction update will not be included.

What happened to the game's lore in the Classic version? It does not seem to be matching what is going on in the game. Plumbum
The Classic Server dev team is focusing their efforts to re-develop the lore and content. Our lore is also somewhat different than Korea since we have our own localization team.

I have already read a lot of players here on the official forums with numerous suggestions and the Juji could ever answer that such suggestions could be implemented or discussed in the future or that are in the works, to be placed within the L2 Store, such as services dual for main class as well as possibility of merge between servers.
Kahwi
There will be server merges for Shilen, Magmeld, and Bartz next year. More details about the server merges will be revealed in the next few months.

The Dual to Main Class Change service is currently being reviewed by our legal team. It will take some time to add it to our website, but we ask our players to continue to be patient. We have an event in January that will allow you to change your dual class without resetting the level. We want to stress that this event is time-limited and a dual to main class change will be a permanent feature once we officially make it available.

From the last update (Infinite Odyssey) that brought innovations (by NCWest exclusively) that never existed before, could say it's a trend that could come other more innovations? Kahwi
These innovations were requested for the Steam launch, but the dev team is still open to additional changes and adjustments down the road. We know the China territory has some interesting features that could end up in a future update.

ETA for Zaken transfer? husdatyul
There is no ETA for Zaken server transfers. There will not be any incoming transfers to this server in the near future either.

ETA for hymn of soul and helios update. My concern is for upgraded giants cave. husdatyul
The Hymn of the Soul Update in Korea is our Underground update that we launched in October. The Giant’s Cave update (Will of the Ancients) and Helios update will come sometime next year in the Spring.

When you talk about more regular updates from Korea, to what extend can you influence the delivery of new content/event content that is being pushed to our servers? MYSTERica
For regular content updates, there are certain limits to what we can ask for since we have a unified overseas version that is sent to all territories outside of Korea. We had originally requested for the Will of the Ancients update to be included in our Underground update, but other territories had already committed to our current version.

There is not much to say for event content, except that we are trying to push out more free events like Reel-In the Holidays, Lara’s SOS, 50% XP/SP Bonus, and our upcoming January event. We are also trying to add more options to the store for purchasing items with Adena (EX: Fortune Teller Tickets) instead of NCoin.

I am not talking about the regular big updates, but more about the small things (exclusive NCWest content). Is there a team of people that reviews the content available in Korea and then decides what is being put into NA/EU version? Do you have a repository of content that can be used/reused? Could you maybe share a little bit of a back-story how these things happen?
MYSTERica
We have a call with the dev team every other week to discuss and review NCWest exclusive content. Of course, the exclusivity of this content does not always remain exclusive for long if the dev team likes the results after implementation. NCJapan and other territories have already adopted the Daily reward system and Auto Soulshot UI system. We also received exclusive content in the past from other territories as well (Ninja Outfits and Soul Avatars from Japan), but not everything makes the cut.

Any new comestic items coming soon? I feel there is a lack of diversity for "unique". Jota
We will be adding more hair accessories, agathions, and appearance stones to the store soon. An update to the Beauty Shop is also in the works.

Possibility to run game from Steam client for EU\RU players. Bastiaens
We cannot offer the Steam client to Europe and Russia because another company has the licensing rights.

I heard that's west game version have many differences from the version chines and korean, is it true?
araxios
Yes, our game version is different from Korea and other territories. Korea is about 6 months ahead in content updates and they are still on the subscription model for level 85+.

Are you planning open something like PVP server?
araxios
Is there any plan on making a pvp live section.. idea is like shilen or naia has a sub server where people will log in their and do pvp/pk i mean kill all/killing spree without getting chaotic or loss xp just plain killing and murder everything that logs in a sub server
iDancer
After L2 went F2P, there were some ideas thrown around to open a PvP server where players could level up through PvP kills. Nothing has transpired from this idea though and we have no plans now to open a PvP server.

How often are you informed of player feedback and suggestions, do you consider of implementing any of them in game? Are you planning to make some surveys to get more feedback from players? Is there any person who's job is to gather up player feedback from these forums and bring it up when new content is being developed? Cepumzaglis
We check the forums almost daily for feedback and suggestions. All player suggestions go through an approval process from the dev team. Community (BusterCasey and Hime) gathers feedback from players like we did with the Underground Feedback thread. The dev team is currently looking over some of the suggestions that players discussed in that thread to add for the next update.

Advertising. I have not seen any adds of lineage 2 to attract new players. Why so? Cepumzaglis
We launched L2 on Steam last month to attract new players and promote brand awareness. Ads usually target new players so while you may not see an ad, a potential customer may have seen it. Keep in mind, another company also has the licensing and marketing rights to Europe, so we cannot advertise to everyone like we did in the old days.

Will there ever be a book written about this game?
Aasaer
There are no plans to have a new guide book written for Lineage II. Game systems, classes, and information are always changing. It is quite challenging to update a guide book every 6-12 months. We are instead trying to make the website more new user-friendly and patch notes are now posted with as much information as possible.

In terms of lore, I would love to see a book or a history archive similar to what we had on the old Legacy L2 website. However, we now only receive bits and pieces of lore from Korea.

Will Juji make more experiments?
socketka
Due to time constraints, I will not be able to do any more experiments in the near future, but we will be happy to try to answer any questions or concerns on the forums.

I’m a streamer on Twitch, is a bannable offense when I openly share in-game my Stream to people come watch me playing L2? twitch/Alesshs
It is not a bannable offense to share a Twitch channel to other players. If the channel contains inappropriate content, is being excessively spammed in-game, or shows illegal third-party programs, then it may result in the termination of your game account.

What's your favorite ice-cream flavour? Jota
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is my favorite ice cream flavor. Cookies n’ Cream is a close second.
Old 12-21-2015, 09:27 PM   #2
Shimeji
Hungry Spirit

Shimeji is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Producer Q&A Answers!

Quote:
Why we have so many unavailable grand bosses like AQ, Baium, Lilith , Anakim. Those are literally locked away from 99.9% of the servers population and were/are only farmed by bots. Is there are plans to actually make them more accessible to the players. Things like Anakim/Lilith talismans only come from events... mixa
Can older raid bosses be updated to meet new standards so that they could be farmed by our mains instead of 98 low levels? LightningStrike
This is one of the most popular player suggestions we received lately, which the dev team is already reviewing.
This.

This is what is ******* up the grand raid bosses fights.
That RIDICULOUS rule that only allows CC's, 98 minimum and 200 maximum is a complete carebear rule.
The way it was before to enter Antharas/Valakas was just perfect. Allowed the best prepared and interessed to win.
Locking out people from Epics without any chance due to numbers? **** that. Enougth already.

Bosses that need to get back to their original entrace:

Antharas, Valakas, Baium, Lindvior(to be like Antharas/Valakas), Anakim, Lilith, Frintezza(no instance anymore, no cc as it used to be).
Shimeji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 09:27 PM   #3
elkrot
Elpy

elkrot is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it true that people that pay have a free pass if they are caught cheating? [/FONT][FONT=&quot]LightningStrike
There is no free pass for any player if they are caught cheating. [FONT=&quot]

hAHHAHSHASHASHA

XAXHAXHAXHAXHAXAXHA

JASJAJSAJSASJASJASJASJASAJSSJASJ

LOT OF LOL
elkrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 10:13 PM   #4
Syndella
Purgatory Shadow

Syndella will become famous soon enough

Good stuff Juji, thanks!
Syndella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 10:43 PM   #5
HappyEndings1
Dark Knight

HappyEndings1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juji View Post
Why we have so many unavailable grand bosses like AQ, Baium, Lilith , Anakim. Those are literally locked away from 99.9% of the servers population and were/are only farmed by bots. Is there are plans to actually make them more accessible to the players. Things like Anakim/Lilith talismans only come from events..
On chronos it's Apex that is killing baium, lilith, anakim. we're all legits.
Old 12-21-2015, 11:27 PM   #6
MyHealer
Tainted Zombie

MyHealer is an unknown quantity at this point

I am 100% sure that NCsoft know who bot and who not. If you remember juji loged on gainak naia and told who is bot and who not.

NCSoft just dont want lose their customers and scare to ban bots. You cannot admit it. All your bot detection programs will help to deal with 100000 auto creating farm bots, but you not going ban people who PAY, stop lie.
But you can keep some part of this player, just not letting play with bot programs running. Also if you notice someone on bot, you can delevel him or take all adena that he farmed illegal way.

But NCSoft should start banning adena farm bot trains even if they pay ncoins. If you let BOTS exist and farm all good locations, other players will not pay you to do same.

Also some players who even pay a lot but destroy game the most, should be banned. I talk about RMT traders and script sellers. Juji can you explain why such RMT dealers and scripts sellers like POYEBANNY was unbanned less then in 3 days?
There no any logic in your current ban politic, some players can be banned for login more then 3 account. And some time worst bots, who not even try to hide, keep running and trolling all community. Do you know what we feel every time you make announcement "accounts that blablabla always have been and will be banned" ?
If you not change this, any detection tool will be just another trolling of real players.
MyHealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 12:12 AM   #7
LightningStrike
Banned

LightningStrike is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sorry Juji I wasn't clear enough on my question.

Is it true that people that pay have a free pass if they are caught cheating? LightningStrike
There is no free pass for any player if they are caught cheating.

Define Cheating:
Exploiting and/or 3rd party programs.
LightningStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 02:01 AM   #8
Sn1peer
Goblin Lord

Sn1peer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

juji the development should think about to add 200% xp rune for 30 days, 1 st for 100+ players cos in this moment imposible to lvl up now with this new star wars, second thing i am not russian fan but eu server have better gameguard then uss and they still bot. Aply the justice close all bot and thats it ppl will qq but they will learn play with hands again. Last lasser goant stones have very very low chance to make item +8 or more its not ok to spend 70 usd to buy nccoin just for 1 armor pice, i agree i am very unlucky but still long way to make.
If ppl dont agree rmt ,l2 store should have cheaper items too. remove adena option from fortune teller and make the price of fortune cards like 2 usd/each
and make fortune teller to be perma in all towns add broch jewels to mamon cos not all ppl have money to pay. Remove topaz and eva rune cos that 2 item destroyed the game. And if you made evry year pandora box event give uss this year too cos all comunity wait for that event. All what i say here its just a suggestion.if you whant guys you read and answere if not thats it. 1 st what you need think ncwest losing players no ppl to make instances you need hurry to get ppl back cos if dont you can make server merge naia for eu ppl chronos for other ppl.i play here sience god started i like here but evry month its more harder to farm for me this game its a fun where i relax in free time. All gms should be active always and when bot apear perma vacation but its not my busines make guys whatever you whant but give me posibility to play.

gl
Sn1peer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 11:44 AM   #9
Robertv
Goblin Lord

Robertv is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyHealer View Post
I am 100% sure that NCsoft know who bot and who not. If you remember juji loged on gainak naia and told who is bot and who not.

NCSoft just dont want lose their customers and scare to ban bots. You cannot admit it. All your bot detection programs will help to deal with 100000 auto creating farm bots, but you not going ban people who PAY, stop lie.
But you can keep some part of this player, just not letting play with bot programs running. Also if you notice someone on bot, you can delevel him or take all adena that he farmed illegal way.

But NCSoft should start banning adena farm bot trains even if they pay ncoins. If you let BOTS exist and farm all good locations, other players will not pay you to do same.

Also some players who even pay a lot but destroy game the most, should be banned. I talk about RMT traders and script sellers. Juji can you explain why such RMT dealers and scripts sellers like POYEBANNY was unbanned less then in 3 days?
There no any logic in your current ban politic, some players can be banned for login more then 3 account. And some time worst bots, who not even try to hide, keep running and trolling all community. Do you know what we feel every time you make announcement "accounts that blablabla always have been and will be banned" ?
If you not change this, any detection tool will be just another trolling of real players.
I am 99,99 % that this question will not get an answer from juji !!! Let s see
Robertv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 12:27 PM   #10
golemka
Beleth's Slave

golemka is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyHealer View Post

UP!

PS: It will be the best example for newbies.
Old 12-21-2015, 11:15 PM   #11
ThirdEye
Hungry Spirit

ThirdEye is an unknown quantity at this point

We have an event in January that will allow you to change your dual class without resetting the level. We want to stress that this event is time-limited and a dual to main class change will be a permanent feature once we officially make it available.

Wow, its finally here congrats time to prepare my ncoin wallet its been a long time but worth it.

Will it be possible to dual an erthei class? i want to be able to solo raids too otherwise something has to be done on the PVE side of the game where certain classes can easily get to 101-104 solo while the others classes dont have that advantage

if PVP will be balanced PVE needs to be balanced too
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 04:35 PM   #12
Witches
Tainted Zombie

Witches is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
We have an event in January that will allow you to change your dual class without resetting the level. We want to stress that this event is time-limited and a dual to main class change will be a permanent feature once we officially make it available.
SOOOO??? when?
Old 08-26-2016, 06:19 PM   #13
Forcesmoker
Elpy

Forcesmoker is an unknown quantity at this point

Could you add time stamps to our chat options ? It would be so much easier to see who/when another player had said something.
Forcesmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 03:17 AM   #14
steek
Elpy

steek is an unknown quantity at this point

Seriously NCWest team.
L2 Classic recenly was updated to v2.0 Saviors. A lot of things were added. Macros can be auto repeated. Exp is much easier, also fishing is added which gives a lot of bonuses.. with new macros everyone's fishing afk.

Maybe it is time to have a serious discuss about new server??
steek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:15 PM   #15
Draecke
Baylor

Draecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by steek View Post
Seriously NCWest team.
L2 Classic recenly was updated to v2.0 Saviors. A lot of things were added. Macros can be auto repeated. Exp is much easier, also fishing is added which gives a lot of bonuses.. with new macros everyone's fishing afk.

Maybe it is time to have a serious discuss about new server??
why don't you use search so you can make a post that first refutes all the previous L2classic topics and the reasons posted there why it's not going to work on NCWest ?

none of what you post here takes care of that.. to keep it simple tell me how many players do you expect in NCWest Region will play the needed 5 support classes for each party ?

do you really expect that many players will be rolling as BD / SWS / PP / WC / OL / SE / EE / Cardi ? and then I'm being optimistic about the amount of Tanks..
Draecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 05:33 AM   #16
Dregor
Elpy

Dregor is an unknown quantity at this point

Juji there is any chance the devs will change the engine to a better one? I see they can't do much with this 10 yo to be better, but why keep it working on it instead of change to a better?
Dregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 05:02 AM   #17
Ozzy
Dark Lord

Ozzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
We are working with a security team in Korea to prevent and detect PvP bot programs being used in L2. The game accounts that created these bot programs have already been banned and we are in the process now of taking legal action against them.

Two popular bot programs have already shut down their service this month, and we will continue to take large strides in tackling this issue that has gone on far too long.

In addition, we are planning to add another anti-bot program that has better detection methods without impacting legitimate players.
With those changes NCSoft made in Korea i don't think anyone will have even reason to use any 3-rd party software. Would be even better if they would make Flash Grenade working on oly. About "impacting legitimate players" - it happens rarely even now

Quote:
The dev team is aware of the balance issue with Tyrr Warriors and already made some changes in their most recent update. We should see more information later about balance changes to other classes like Archer and Sayha’s Seer.
Those changes about Tyrr Warrior won't help. I already checked it on Korean PTS. There is no difference between hitting 2-3k and hitting 2-3k, but more often. There was some changes about archers, but i didn't check.

Quote:
The clan rewards were updated recently with Daily Coin boxes. We are planning to add more Daily Coin rewards and an attendance check system in the future.
Thanks for changing reward It was really good idea.

Quote:
Hope it will be PVP zone As Shimeji said making them like Antharas or Valakas would be nice idea.

Quote:
We have an event in January that will allow you to change your dual class without resetting the level.
This even will be just once or it will happen rarely?

Quote:
These innovations were requested for the Steam launch, but the dev team is still open to additional changes and adjustments down the road. We know the China territory has some interesting features that could end up in a future update.
Yes, like jumping, but it's kinda useless feature in this game IMHO.
Old 12-22-2015, 05:30 AM   #18
Yidao
Zaken

Yidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
Yes, like jumping, but it's kinda useless feature in this game IMHO.
There are some Chinese features you really don't want over here, like for example R99 equipment being only available from the L2Store.

On the other hand, the Mainland Chinese version has far more quests than the Korean original and the export version we get. Lower grade equipment can all be obtained via quests, and this is from an educational point of view much better than giving it out for free as a "Daily Reward". Children must learn that one has to work for one's living.
Apart from that it makes the lower levels more interesting. When you look at the evaluation comments on the Steam website you will see that most negative posts were written after only a few hours of gameplay. Fast-tracking people to 99 is the wrong approach - players are lured in with low-level content.
Yidao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 05:17 AM   #19
Yidao
Zaken

Yidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juji View Post

In terms of lore, I would love to see a book or a history archive similar to what we had on the old Legacy L2 website. However, we now only receive bits and pieces of lore from Korea.
There are several reasons for this. The main one is that the developers nowadays simply don't put any effort into writing proper lore for a game at the end of its life cycle. Check this one from the Helios update:
http://lineage2.power.plaync.com/wik...98%A4%EC%8A%A4
One single sentence about Battle Star Superion having appeared out of thin air.

Another problem is the incompetence of the translators to whom NCsoft is outsourcing that stuff. Here is for example the Korean original and the correct translation of the text concerning the Watchers' Tomb:
https://footstepsaroundelmoreden.wor...tomb/#comments
Compare that to the NCWest version - the translators had obviously no idea about concepts like battlefield hygiene and repatriating corpses.

And then you have censorship. I understand that Christians might have an emotional problem with Gran Kain, but when you leave out the whole discussion between him and Einhovant in the GoD lore, you change the story. Or, to give a more recent example, the meddling with the Ertheia lore:
http://boards.rochand.com/viewtopic....tart=20#p27426
Replacing "Half Ertheia" with "Ertheia Nann" and "Spikenard Ertheia" with "Ertheia Surr" is not a mistranslation but a deliberate forgery, intended to gloss over the Korean racism. But that's how it is, and therefore you should leave it as it is. People who don't like Korean culture can go play WoW.

Hiring professional translators is probably beyond NCsoft's financial means, especially when there are more urgent problems like fixing the Pet Shot bug. But since the forums have become fairly quiet, you might want to let BusterCasey look over the translations. You can't make up lore that doesn't exist in Korea, but at least he could spot and correct the worst mistranslations.

Edit:
What you could do is write up the lore that is conveyed via in-game NPC dialogue into a coherent form, something like what I did here:
http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=285575#4

Also check the Lionna comic that could be translated:
http://lineage2.plaync.com/board/car...ame=epeisodion
(there are some errors in it, like Lionna got defeated by Sieghardt in Giran, not in Aden)

Last edited by Yidao; 12-22-2015 at 09:44 AM.
Yidao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 06:01 AM   #20
Vood
Guardian Archangel

Vood is on a distinguished road

You mean fully geared(+10 dark set, lvl 5 jewels, full boss jewel, insanity, 7s, etc....) tyrs lvl 103 arent suppose to be 2-3 shot(200k HP/CP) by archer 2 levels lower? what a surprise

thanks for the update. would be nice if you kept us updated more often. provides motivation for some of us

Last edited by BusterCasey; 12-22-2015 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Content
Vood is offline   Reply With Quote