Lineage II Forums  
Old 08-07-2016, 03:55 AM   #1
f00dMonsta
Elpy

f00dMonsta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Blacklist

I'm pretty sick and tired of people refusing tanks in party because "tanks are not DDs"

I'm sick of explaining that getting solidarity 3 + shield charge boosts party damage by ~30% (which is more than any average DD can boost party strength by), and that's not counting tank damage, which is not that bad if geared correctly.

So here I want to propose that tanks band together to produce a blacklist for those selfish and ignorant people out there.

The rules for submitting are simple:
  1. You have to be a tank (duh)
  2. Provide the server name and character name of the accused
  3. Provide screenshot(s) as proof
  4. Entries are considered legitimate if more than 3 tanks from that server confirm that the poster is a tank, and verify that screenshot is not doctored (e.g. in a private server)
  5. I'll update the list as part of the first post to keep all legitimate entries in one place

TODO:
  • Regularly update rules as needed
  • Consider taking this off official forums
  • What else??
f00dMonsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 04:00 AM   #2
f00dMonsta
Elpy

f00dMonsta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Blacklist

I'll start this off:

Server: Chronos
Who am I: f00dMistress
Who to blacklist: Akkarin75

https://s7.postimg.org/odd8lls2v/Shot00061.jpg
f00dMonsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 08:20 AM   #3
Pleistoros
Purgatory Shadow

Pleistoros is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Re: Blacklist

bad idea...since we can play without tank in every instance/etc puting in black list ppl cant do you any good.
What about feohs? and soon what about healers?(a good high lvl with top equip iss can easy replace healer in some instances).

No party for you? Do your own party, dont be lazy
Old 08-08-2016, 10:59 AM   #4
Attutmaruun
Dark Lord

Attutmaruun is an unknown quantity at this point

tl;dr:
what Pleistoros said. make your own party and don't force others in taking you

long version:
whoa boy... guess almost every class could have their own 'black list'.
don't know you and not even same server, buy from screenshot you provided I can see:
they wanted lvl 100, you are 99, when lower lvl DD want's to join he links weapon, tank links armour.
your gear is not even +6
you didn't even bother to persuade him
you didn't show their party list
he actually apologised to you, no reason to be a jerk.

if you really are that offended, just add him to .block and move on.... just like I do with tanks in TW +3, 60 resists and attack type... how they got to 100 lvl is a wonder - probably lots of Kartias.
or wynns on dual classes who will not buy retributer and run with 1h magic weapon or dagger
or aoeres who will not regen MP (while low dmg is taken by pt members) cause 'he can't be bothered'
or isses who spam chaos essence even thou their armor is not +7 and him and healer are both low on MP since tank is crap and takes lots of dmg
I could go on...
Attutmaruun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 11:47 AM   #5
populus
Antharas

populus has a spectacular aura about thempopulus has a spectacular aura about thempopulus has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attutmaruun View Post
tl;dr:
what Pleistoros said. make your own party and don't force others in taking you

long version:
whoa boy... guess almost every class could have their own 'black list'.
don't know you and not even same server, buy from screenshot you provided I can see:
they wanted lvl 100, you are 99, when lower lvl DD want's to join he links weapon, tank links armour.
your gear is not even +6
you didn't even bother to persuade him
you didn't show their party list
he actually apologised to you, no reason to be a jerk.

if you really are that offended, just add him to .block and move on.... just like I do with tanks in TW +3, 60 resists and attack type... how they got to 100 lvl is a wonder - probably lots of Kartias.
or wynns on dual classes who will not buy retributer and run with 1h magic weapon or dagger
or aoeres who will not regen MP (while low dmg is taken by pt members) cause 'he can't be bothered'
or isses who spam chaos essence even thou their armor is not +7 and him and healer are both low on MP since tank is crap and takes lots of dmg
I could go on...
You have some good points, my answers:
- They had no tank in party
- My gear is +6
- I didn't persuade because I'm kind of tired of educating people of the benefits of a tank
- Level 99 does 80% damage to the final boss in K99, they do exactly the same damage (minus 100 masteries, which doesn't boost it that much) to other bosses
- If I were a DD, he'd either accept or ask for equipment. Because I was a tank, he didn't even bother asking. That's the definition of discrimination.
- How would you feel if I said "sorry but you're white". The "sorry" does not excuse the insult.

I hope I only have to type this once, but here are the facts:
Party Solidarity 3 gives:
13% patk/matk
4% p crit rate
4% atk/cast speed
Assuming the group is physical based, that's already a 17.52% increase in damage (not factoring crit rate boost because many people maxed it out already)

Now add shield charge:
-pdef 10%
+10% crit damage
That's up to another 16% increase in damage

Just that is already up to 37% increase in DPS for the party, assuming all DDs in party are equal, a 5th DD will never boost damage by that much.

Now tank damage is not the best, but I can do decent damage with true vanguard, rampage shield, and berserker's rage, with BR that gives me a effective patk of ~38k patk, with max crit rate, max atk speed, and 2 +15% crit damage rings, I'm not trying to compete with DDs here but don't say I don't do damage.

Now you might wonder how a "DPS" tank can perform his duties:
- my +6 set means I can leave focus shield on
- an additional 5.6k pdef every shield block over my 12k pdef, and I block *every* hit, there is also the numerous execellent shield blocks I have
- I have full PvE oriented resists (mostly on dark, earth, fire)
- Because I do enough damage, the bosses and minions always stay on *me* even with well geared eviscerators and titans, though they don't need me to tank
- I can tank K99 without a healer, I just need to attack minions instead to leech + keep boss aggro on me

I do make my own parties, but sometimes I just want to tag along. And when I do try to make parties, unless it's a clan group, people avoid mine unless no other choice. It's the same argument for when I was a prophet, people keep telling me to make parties while they make their own and ignore mine.
Old 08-12-2016, 05:57 PM   #6
irlumir
Tainted Zombie

irlumir is an unknown quantity at this point

I think shield defence give more than that.
The skill at lvl 99 says
"Enables shield defense in all directions; Shield Def. Success Rate +100%, Shield Def. +250%, Bow Resistance +20% and STR +2." in lvl 100 is 300%

So average shield at 99 will have 550 pdef or so. Focus shield gives 1878 shield defence
So with just that your shield base shield defence will be 2428.
Now to apply the % modifier
The passive gives 250%. focus shield gives another 50%. last patience gives another 50%. Also you have clan skill passive that add more % to your shield defence but i will not consider thouse. Ofcourse you will be on warrior harmony so Knight Harmony shield defence bonus will not apply now.
With this you have 350% of additional shield defence.
So your shield defence is 2428 + 2428*3,5 = 2428 + 8498= 10926 shield defence. In worst case will be 8498 and this without knight class talisman.
irlumir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 08:33 AM   #7
KeepThePeace
Thunder Wyrm

KeepThePeace is an unknown quantity at this point

Tank you Very Much

this was months ago during the love potion event but just thought id share

http://imgur.com/a/2gLdp
KeepThePeace is offline   Reply With Quote