Lineage II Forums  
Old 11-17-2016, 12:42 AM   #1
Bestchutzer
Elpy

Bestchutzer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help with Sigel HK, Sigel ST

Help with Sigel HK, Sigel ST

Hello everyone, I returned to play lineage 2 and I have many doubts regarding these two tanks, I hope the help of those who know this subject.

My main question is which tank serves more for pvp, massive pvp (party) and also, serves for olympiads, which is more complete for both facets of the game.

I read a lot in the topics of the forum, but I still have doubts, also I also want to ask someone to answer a question, I read that it is better to start Sigel HK and use a "chaos essence" to change it to Sigel ST ... in which it benefits me this? Why is this recommended?

And finally, its certifications ...
What subclasses should I do and what certifications should I have with the tank?

Many thanks beforehand guys
Bestchutzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 09:44 AM   #2
Draecke
Baylor

Draecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Help with Sigel HK, Sigel ST

to keep it simple: unawaken HK has a reflect damage self buff that he can keep upon awakening if your careful - this is mainly for Oly though - and then you could use the chaos essence from L2 store to change the HK into an SK as the paralyze attacks are the best for mass pvp.

now that there are also racial change tickets it's also possible to after u awaken the char to change the race from human to either:
- dwarf for the skill re use passive and decent amount of CON
- dark elf for the huge STR / p crit damage etc
- orc for the huge CON

btw this is for offensive mass pvp builds, defensive would be going the PK route.
Draecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 10:37 AM   #3
irlumir
Tainted Zombie

irlumir is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

For pvp with neither of tanks you will kill, unless you have lvl 5 topaz . In oly, well geared tank can have fun and win matches, but nothing like before.
In mass pvp ST is better because of para skills. Besides boost it is very cheap. Is a must have the right jewels, skill enchant and setup to make para skill good.

On the other hand tank now is not needed in pve, so lvl it will be a little hard.

HK is a pve tank. You can turn it into a decent damage dealer with the right gear. The lvl 101 aura boost a lot its potencial to do damage.
Ofcourse the amount of adena invest to make it a decent damage dealer will make a real DD class a looooot better, like Tyr

So on a pure tank rolplay, specially on pvp (change target and mesmerize, to add more surviability to the team, SK is the best tank. IMO paladin or evaīs aura donīt do much for the team, always will be better have the chance to paralize a heavy DD or a healer over little more pdef/mdef. That boost in pdef will not give any more surviability against heavy fire.

And on a pve tank rol HK, with his improved rage aura, is A LOT BETTER on the protection it offers against mob damage than the paladin/eva aura.

But IMO try different char.
If you donīt have decent gear (at least 30B on it) donīt even bother.....
I think is the class now that need more gear to have a chance.

Hope Korea improve the class.....
irlumir is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 08:31 PM   #4
Bestchutzer
Elpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draecke View Post
to keep it simple: unawaken HK has a reflect damage self buff that he can keep upon awakening if your careful
To do this is it necessary to not learn the Spike Shield skill?(The skill that replaces Reflect damage)
And in this case, this will only serve for olympiads with Pj?

Quote:
and then you could use the chaos essence from L2 store to change the HK into an SK as the paralyze attacks are the best for mass pvp.

now that there are also racial change tickets it's also possible to after u awaken the char to change the race from human to either:
- dark elf for the huge STR / p crit damage etc
This confuses me a bit, I can start being Human, wake up in HK, not learn the skill Spike Shield to maintain Reflect Damage and then, when using the chaos essence become Sigel ST, this way I would conserve reflect damage?
Old 11-17-2016, 08:39 PM   #5
Bestchutzer
Elpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlumir View Post
Hi

For pvp with neither of tanks you will kill, unless you have lvl 5 topaz . In oly, well geared tank can have fun and win matches, but nothing like before.
In mass pvp ST is better because of para skills. Besides boost it is very cheap. Is a must have the right jewels, skill enchant and setup to make para skill good.

On the other hand tank now is not needed in pve, so lvl it will be a little hard.

HK is a pve tank. You can turn it into a decent damage dealer with the right gear. The lvl 101 aura boost a lot its potencial to do damage.
Ofcourse the amount of adena invest to make it a decent damage dealer will make a real DD class a looooot better, like Tyr

So on a pure tank rolplay, specially on pvp (change target and mesmerize, to add more surviability to the team, SK is the best tank. IMO paladin or evaīs aura donīt do much for the team, always will be better have the chance to paralize a heavy DD or a healer over little more pdef/mdef. That boost in pdef will not give any more surviability against heavy fire.

And on a pve tank rol HK, with his improved rage aura, is A LOT BETTER on the protection it offers against mob damage than the paladin/eva aura.

But IMO try different char.
If you donīt have decent gear (at least 30B on it) donīt even bother.....
I think is the class now that need more gear to have a chance.

Hope Korea improve the class.....
According to what I read serves more HK?
Old 11-18-2016, 09:24 AM   #6
Draecke
Baylor

Draecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestchutzer View Post
According to what I read serves more HK?
what do you want to play mainly ?

- Oly
- PVP
- PVE

Gotta decide which of this is the main priority for you as unless you got a lot of money to burn you will not be able to do all equally good. Cheapest is PVE and most expensive is Oly.
Old 11-18-2016, 02:57 PM   #7
Bestchutzer
Elpy

Quote:
what do you want to play mainly ?

- Oly
- PVP
- PVE

Gotta decide which of this is the main priority for you as unless you got a lot of money to burn you will not be able to do all equally good. Cheapest is PVE and most expensive is Oly.
How many millions of games are we talking about? Because I would like to become a hero someday, like everyone. My main objective is olympiads
1 oly
2 pvp
3 pve
Old 11-18-2016, 05:39 PM   #8
Draecke
Baylor

Oly requires at least topaz 4 / +10 PVP set / +12 or higher PVP weapon / as many lvl5 jewels as u can get like obsidian etc. / Oly buff sticks which are kinda rare now / char lvl 103+ / full end game epics / coc belt / insanity talisman / +8 Shirts / skills oe'd +15 and much more..

as said before Oly is the most expensive one to pick, if you're on a 1 sided dead server then just join the dominating clan and if you're usefull to them you will get fed hero even if nakid char.. if on a real active server aka Chronos then you will have to fight for it and will need serious gear investment.

If you start from scratch then it will take approx 3 years to get there under optimal ingame circumstances like perfect CP etc. or 5+k USD investment in NCoins.

ps, Hero is overrated - been it many times myself but I've got better things to do nowadays with my Friday & Saturday Evenings/Night :P
Old 11-19-2016, 04:12 AM   #9
Hijo
Elpy

Hijo is an unknown quantity at this point

can some1 explain to me why for example HK is not good for mass pvp..even as defensive tank the debuff that share to enemies will help a lot the party members...ok +20% p def/mdef from pala for example is nice but as they have tested before they prove that +1% p def/m def = -1% damage on each char.. so paladin gives +20% def (less damage) and HK gives -30% p att on enemies(-30% damage) am i wrong?? And Draeche why you keep saying Pala is best for mass pvp?? what about Evas templar?
Hijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 07:26 AM   #10
Draecke
Baylor

SK is best for mass PVP cause of the fact the paralyze attacks have a high land rate and completely disabling enemies dd's/healers is more usefull then landing the HK debuf..

as I've said many times before the best PVP parties have both SK & HK Tanks but if only 1 then SK is first pick.

if parties are weak then Paladin is best Tank cause of the way their 101 Aura works as right now top DPS comes from Archers and his Aura is just way better then that from Eva Templar vs Archers.

hope this clarifies and to be clear my main is a 104 HK but I am seriously considering changing my dual class to SK for PVP purposes.
Old 11-29-2016, 03:55 PM   #11
irlumir
Tainted Zombie

irlumir is an unknown quantity at this point

@HIjo Yes, you are wrong. Damage do not comes from auto atacks but from skills. Skills has its own power that do not get affected by HK aura, therefore it do not reduce damage like 20% more pdef boost.

HK aura provides the best protection in a pve scenario, but on PVP it do little, it grimps attack speed that make skills cast a lill slower. It grimps mage more than melees. BUt its close range and poor pvp land rate make it a pve aura.

Draecke why you say paladin aura is better against archers ? the critical damage protecion on the aura do not defend against archer skill damage. It lowers dagger damage, but skill criticals, of archer, do not get affected. On the other hand ET aura provides elemental protection. Elemental defence do lowers any kind of damage.
On the other hand paladin aura provides healing boost wich is very nice on pvp situation. am i wrong? On damage mitigation ET should be better. On surviability paladin, with its healing buff, should provide better team performance.

I dont see any benefit of HK from mass pvp. SK has nice debuff, the other 2 provides defence to the team. HK ??? a lol debuff and a panther than do nothing on pvp.
On the other hand there is no better tank, both offence and defence, for pve than HK. SK second for pve, but can not provide good defence on patk aura.
irlumir is online now   Reply With Quote