Lineage II Forums  
Old 03-30-2017, 01:15 PM   #1
CL4PTP
Elpy

CL4PTP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New AP Point System

So, Does anyone else think its worth wasting 2 points into Guardian Tunic Defense to open up Guardians Armor for the 12% P.Def? Or did you take the 15% HP instead?
CL4PTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 12:12 AM   #2
irlumir
Tainted Zombie

irlumir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New AP Point System

not worth it to loose 2 point......

HP and shield defence...
irlumir is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 05:04 AM   #3
Draecke
Baylor

Draecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the rough

for tanking purposes I agree with irlumir, dps mode is different but now much harder for non stacked chars as you loose so much HP with new AP
Draecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 02:52 PM   #4
CL4PTP
Elpy

CL4PTP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlumir View Post
not worth it to loose 2 point......

HP and shield defence...
Now with the AP system taking away so much HP.. I think its better that i take the 24% HP from the Dual class skills instead of the Light of Protection i was using.
CL4PTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 03:54 AM   #5
Keoz
Thunder Wyrm

Keoz is an unknown quantity at this point

I went from 92k to 81k HP w/o Rose and don't really feel much of a difference in tanky mode. On the other hand the offensive AP mode isn't doing much for me
Old 04-02-2017, 12:36 AM   #6
irlumir
Tainted Zombie

for pve and open pvp (not oly) the best is HP setup on defensive build.
First almost all heals are % related to your hp, so more hp pool means more surv and more healing to you.
Second your overall p.def will be the one display on stat + shield defence. So any % you apply on your p.def will not boost that amount but lower, cause of your total pdef + shield defence. Instead HP will use both provide you the best surviability if you have to choose.
For oly is best pdef because the way is calculated to decide who wins unleas you have too low HP that you can not survive the match.

A good 101 tree will be 3 pdef, 3 hp, 3 element on first row, second row 2 on heavy, third row 4 on HP 1 on shield defence . the last point whenever you want,
And yes 4 dual on HP. that will provide you, with good con, around 90-95k HP. wich is ok (without pve/pvp weap or mystic soul)
Old 04-02-2017, 06:21 AM   #7
Draecke
Baylor

Draecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the rough

the pve build is now insanely based on you gear, way more then before.. I'm perfectly fine with full warrior tree stuff and do even more dps then in Helios but have 10% less HP as a result but yeah I'm in the top 10% most stacked players on NCWest so meh..

don't do Oly so can't comment on that, will check mass PVP set up at tonites sieges
Draecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 09:30 AM   #8
LemonPledge
Elpy

LemonPledge is an unknown quantity at this point

I've pretty much gone warrior tree build, Tanking AF AoS and gludio is still fine with my MW +6 noble set..lost about 7k hp but overall gained more p.atk..But i agree with Draecke..you have to be decently stacked to pull off the warrior tree build now. If you are unsure just stick with knight tree till you feel comfortable in trying warrior build.
LemonPledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 10:03 AM   #9
irlumir
Tainted Zombie

Yes you have to be stacked and be an Avenger.
Rage aura is not good enough on dps and on defence to consider stack damage on other tanks, that´s what i see. Avenger provides at least 15% more defence than rage and a lot more damage than rage ( a lot more xDD)
So if you are not avenger go for defence build.....

BTW lightning is better than before XD!!

Avenger need the more gear as a dps build but can be impressive, with cheap gear can be a ok tank with defence build provide a nice debuff /boost dps to the party.
This is important to be clear that for dps need diamond 4+, abu lvl 1 +, 7sign (for ele atack boost/def) a nice oe pve cutt with nice aug , etc. I have seen ppl try the dps way with no 7s / decent diamond and not lvl enough (102+ for AF / SOS, maybe more lvl??) . So it is good to be clear in advice that you have to be stacked xD. Most ppl /party need tank now more than before for pve, and need it as a puching bag, not as a dd. ofcourse if you can provide both awesome. But change on AP tree seems to me the dev. trying to force the need of the old trinity tank/support/Damage Dealer.
Hope that on next tank skill modification we see more of that. I assume they will give more pve dps to avenger, heal/critical damage protecion to phoenix, elemental resistance to evas and debuff / pvp oriented skills to SK (hope it gets back his poison cubic and sting, with that will be awesome in oly/pvp XD)
Also hope all tanks get some boost in their passive like othells, or some passive HP related passive skill

So on resume:
worst tank is ST as puching bag, but have nice debuff / aoe crowd controll. need more gear to be a tank. Best on pvp / siege with his para skills that now land even more.
Avenger can be very nice tank with ok gear providing good dps boost to party. Also have the option to be a damage dealer when stacked. As pvp tank is worst, provinding nothing special.
Other 2 tanks are the cheaper one to have, can be very decent as tank with ok gear, have more pdef, pdef trigger, so provides the best suv to the team. Also in siege can provide further resistance wiht their auras. No offensive / disable capability, other than agressions. The problem now is you need every little boost to dps as posible, so i find this 2 tanks useless if decent gear available, so the other 2 tanks are bether options, with their auras and triggers in pve.

Last edited by irlumir; 04-02-2017 at 10:29 AM.
Old 04-02-2017, 06:35 PM   #10
Keoz
Thunder Wyrm

Keoz is an unknown quantity at this point

HKs and STs are amazing, but I think for PvP the other 2 tanks provide an advantage in mass PvP with their defensive auras and triggers so they are worth playing if PvP support is your main focus

As HK with only around 30b worth of gear I'm tanking all I need to tank with the deffensive build (AF instance/faction, GC lower, Altar of Shilen, Gludio, Tavern, etc). With the offensive build I do epics/RBs but need to stack more gear to make my own dmg effective, still my dps boost to the party is more than most of the tanks can offer ^^
Old 04-14-2017, 10:32 AM   #11
Hijo
Elpy

Hijo is an unknown quantity at this point

With these new abilities and the removed of stun/mental/paralyze success rate from these I think evry small boost for these skills should be priority...so maybe physical/mental traits on dual skills will be better options for open pvp..
Hijo is offline   Reply With Quote