Lineage II Forums  
Old 05-05-2017, 11:05 AM   #1
malloc
Elpy

malloc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tank upgrade advice plz

Hallo,
After completing my +10 blessed set last month, I feel like I've got my tank where I want it to be defense-wise for general PvE. Now as I am almost level 103, I need to start thinking about finishing up factions and Exalted quests, which I think some damage will really help. After timing out on K95 party with my ISS, I realized I am in bad shape. I got extremely lucky and hit a blessed Valakas from 2x letter "S" I bought in AH last night, and wanted some advice on what would be the most "bang for my buck" upgrades, without compromising my overall tankiness for PvE and PvP for sieges etc. although no real serious PvP plans.

Current gear for 102 HK:
+10 blessed eternal
+7 R99 cutter body/speedbody, crap augment, active/passive reflect S grade weaps for PvP
+6 physical reflect shirt
Special belts PvE/PvP
Con+PDEF hat
Blessed Zaken, Special Stun resist, Frint Soul, AQ soul, Baium soul
Longing, Abundance, Venir 11on +4 con bracelet
4x brooch with Lvl 4 obsidian, lvl 3 topaz/tanz/diamond/pearl/vital/emerald
+15 CON tats

Thanks a lot!
malloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 07:09 AM   #2
iVSOP
Tainted Zombie

iVSOP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tank upgrade advice plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by malloc View Post
Hallo,
Current gear for 102 HK:
+10 blessed eternal
+7 R99 cutter body/speedbody, crap augment, active/passive reflect S grade weaps for PvP
+6 physical reflect shirt
Special belts PvE/PvP
Con+PDEF hat
Blessed Zaken, Special Stun resist, Frint Soul, AQ soul, Baium soul
Longing, Abundance, Venir 11on +4 con bracelet
4x brooch with Lvl 4 obsidian, lvl 3 topaz/tanz/diamond/pearl/vital/emerald
+15 CON tats

Thanks a lot!
Find a deal trade your Bless Vala + Bless Zaken for Bless Anthy.. It's will make you more stronger cause the bless vala doesnt help much on support class
iVSOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 09:08 PM   #3
malloc
Elpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVSOP View Post
Find a deal trade your Bless Vala + Bless Zaken for Bless Anthy.. It's will make you more stronger cause the bless vala doesnt help much on support class
Thanks for the advice, that is probably the best thing to do for the long run. If I could get a Blessed Anthy and a Mystic Crystal I would be really really tanky
Old 05-06-2017, 11:26 PM   #4
Jagtiger
Grave Predator

Jagtiger is an unknown quantity at this point

Sell bless valakas and make your bp and gaiters PvP
Old 05-07-2017, 11:46 AM   #5
Rodah
Heathen Knight

Rodah is on a distinguished road

I resisted the urge to immediately comment on this thread; waiting to see what type of ridiculous advice you would get. Sure enough, I wasn't wrong.

By reading your current set up and your goals I would advice you to sell the B.Vala and make your hvy set full bloody, NOT dark. Their are multiple reasons for this based on your goals/activities.

Generally speaking, PvE (or PvP) defense scales better than pure PDef. If you go bloody you will see a pure reduction in PvE dmg while at the same time slightly improving your P.Attack. It will also cost significantly less than going dark on 2x pieces. Having a bloody set will allow you to really experiment with your AP/Armor Type/Bracelet/Hair Acc. You may see that you are able to go full attack AP build with attack type armor and still be able to tank all 101+ content.

You should also have quiet a bit of adena left over. You might consider ditching those 2 belts and getting a Monkey/Tiat/Ekimus belt. It will improve your stats and, you will no longer have to switch around gear.

Some other options to consider (after you go bloody on armor) would be getting an Anakim talisman. Selling the B.Vala should allow you to make your armor full bloody (15b +/-) with 15-20b left over (assuming B.Vala sells for 40b +/-).

In my opinion I would also ditch that r99 cutter (if you even can). I firmly believe that unless an r99 weap is Bless (or bloody/dark ofc) it is a bad choice. Extremely high OE'ed r/r95 weaps are plentiful and they give much more "bang for the buck" than a standard r99 weap.

Lastly, whatever you do, DO NOT put a mystic SA on your weap. Complete waste until/unless it is bless/bloody/dark (which you may never be able to do).
Old 05-07-2017, 04:30 PM   #6
malloc
Elpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodah View Post
I resisted the urge to immediately comment on this thread; waiting to see what type of ridiculous advice you would get. Sure enough, I wasn't wrong.

By reading your current set up and your goals I would advice you to sell the B.Vala and make your hvy set full bloody, NOT dark. Their are multiple reasons for this based on your goals/activities.

Generally speaking, PvE (or PvP) defense scales better than pure PDef. If you go bloody you will see a pure reduction in PvE dmg while at the same time slightly improving your P.Attack. It will also cost significantly less than going dark on 2x pieces. Having a bloody set will allow you to really experiment with your AP/Armor Type/Bracelet/Hair Acc. You may see that you are able to go full attack AP build with attack type armor and still be able to tank all 101+ content.

You should also have quiet a bit of adena left over. You might consider ditching those 2 belts and getting a Monkey/Tiat/Ekimus belt. It will improve your stats and, you will no longer have to switch around gear.

Some other options to consider (after you go bloody on armor) would be getting an Anakim talisman. Selling the B.Vala should allow you to make your armor full bloody (15b +/-) with 15-20b left over (assuming B.Vala sells for 40b +/-).

In my opinion I would also ditch that r99 cutter (if you even can). I firmly believe that unless an r99 weap is Bless (or bloody/dark ofc) it is a bad choice. Extremely high OE'ed r/r95 weaps are plentiful and they give much more "bang for the buck" than a standard r99 weap.

Lastly, whatever you do, DO NOT put a mystic SA on your weap. Complete waste until/unless it is bless/bloody/dark (which you may never be able to do).
Oh man, I feel like this is really good advice that represents the next level thinking beyond just "get the best gears" that most people, myself included fall into without really understanding the mechanics behind the scenes. Unfortunately for me it's kind of a day late and a dollar short I swapped the valakas for a b. anthy and put Sigel on the cutter, and now am just about broke, few bil left

I definitely plan on blessing the weapon, that is all I will be farming my daily coins for now, will take a few months to try Also, it seems like no one bothers to OE cutters, as there are none in AH at all.

I did not consider the hidden benefits of bloody, just figured "I hardly need a healer in AH now, so why bother". Maybe I will make that a priority with my remaining adena as a next project and start re-working the type/APs and see how it goes. Full attack AP is all in Warrior tree? It does not look too good, right now my p. critical and atk. speed are capped, so no use there.

Thanks for the tips!
Old 05-07-2017, 08:06 PM   #7
Jagtiger
Grave Predator

Bang for the buck turn a blessed set to PvE set holy sweet baby jesus.... If you want a PvE toon why even make a tank on the first place.... Make a titan or Evis also PvE reduction is virtually useless nowadays a friend made his Masterwork Noble vesper heavy set for like 5-6b and its definitely way better PvE wise for an HK and way cheaper for anyone who aims to do solo kamaloka. PvP sets are future proof also having some PvP parts will help you better specially when you're a tank to get into some decent CP's and clans of to which will help you to enjoy the game more than just playing by yourself and also Bless antharas is a waste of investment specially if you have many other things missing like per say a PvP set, a tank wearing +8 PvP set w/o Bless anthy will survive more PvP wise than a tank wearing +10 set blessed + bless anthy. Though if you really want to push being a PvE centric tank by all means do it trade your +10 blessed set to a +8 PvE set + adena if you're just gonna focus on PvE losing 10% pdef is unnoticeable and you're gonna get adena to invest on making yourself a PvE weapon
Old 05-07-2017, 10:43 PM   #8
Rodah
Heathen Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagtiger View Post
Bang for the buck turn a blessed set to PvE set holy sweet baby jesus.... If you want a PvE toon why even make a tank on the first place.... Make a titan or Evis also PvE reduction is virtually useless nowadays a friend made his Masterwork Noble vesper heavy set for like 5-6b and its definitely way better PvE wise for an HK and way cheaper for anyone who aims to do solo kamaloka. PvP sets are future proof also having some PvP parts will help you better specially when you're a tank to get into some decent CP's and clans of to which will help you to enjoy the game more than just playing by yourself and also Bless antharas is a waste of investment specially if you have many other things missing like per say a PvP set, a tank wearing +8 PvP set w/o Bless anthy will survive more PvP wise than a tank wearing +10 set blessed + bless anthy. Though if you really want to push being a PvE centric tank by all means do it trade your +10 blessed set to a +8 PvE set + adena if you're just gonna focus on PvE losing 10% pdef is unnoticeable and you're gonna get adena to invest on making yourself a PvE weapon
Some people like playing tank even in PvE. Who are you to judge that?

I crafted a MW Vesper Noble Set as well. Based on his other gear he isn't strong enough to go this route. You should know this so why make the suggestion?

Each server has one or two "real" pvp clans; the overwhelming majority of other players are essentially PvE and many of them have CP's.....

You're imposing your ideas about how he/she should play without comprehending (I guess) what he wrote in the OP.
Old 05-08-2017, 10:08 PM   #9
malloc
Elpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagtiger View Post
Definitely can't argue with the future-proofness or general bad-assery of a dark set... Just not sure I would get any value out it right now with just 2x siege and 10x oly match per month Good point about 'why play a tank in the first place"... I dunno, mental illness?

Thanks
Old 05-09-2017, 09:14 AM   #10
Asynja
Heathen Knight

Asynja is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Definitely can't argue with the future-proofness or general bad-assery of a dark set... Just not sure I would get any value out it right now with just 2x siege and 10x oly match per month Good point about 'why play a tank in the first place"... I dunno, mental illness?

Thanks
There's really nothing out there currently that would require a +10 PvE heavy set to ensure you can tank it.

So basically it's up to what you want effort into.
The PvE would give you some more Patk, but not substantially change your ability to tank anything you need to tank.

The PvP set will make oly and sieges a bit easier to deal with.

Beyond that, nothing else really changes.

Really the start of this all should have been asking yourself, "what is your goal?" in terms of gear?

What do you want to improve? Do you want to be a bad *** PvE tank that can solo stuff? Then there's a thread with a lot of information about that already.

If you want to be some sort of hybrid, then it's up to what kind of mix you are looking at, then you can set better goals in terms of what to work on.
Asynja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:29 AM   #11
malloc
Elpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asynja View Post
There's really nothing out there currently that would require a +10 PvE heavy set to ensure you can tank it.

So basically it's up to what you want effort into.
The PvE would give you some more Patk, but not substantially change your ability to tank anything you need to tank.

The PvP set will make oly and sieges a bit easier to deal with.

Beyond that, nothing else really changes.

Really the start of this all should have been asking yourself, "what is your goal?" in terms of gear?

What do you want to improve? Do you want to be a bad *** PvE tank that can solo stuff? Then there's a thread with a lot of information about that already.

If you want to be some sort of hybrid, then it's up to what kind of mix you are looking at, then you can set better goals in terms of what to work on.
I want the best of both worlds, for cheap, no compromise! Sorry, thought I was clear, my goal would be to leave my tankiness static while adding some damage that would allow me to farm 103 exalted quests and maybe HB faction duo with 99 box iss. Not sure if that is possible given my current gear and budget, and have never even tried it as of yet for a baseline, just know that right now I can barely solo Hellfire, never mind HellBound.

On the bright side, I was able to duo K95 with my baby ISS in 55 minutes! progress.

Thanks
Old 05-09-2017, 10:40 AM   #12
Asynja
Heathen Knight

Asynja is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I want the best of both worlds, for cheap, no compromise! Sorry, thought I was clear, my goal would be to leave my tankiness static while adding some damage that would allow me to farm 103 exalted quests and maybe HB faction duo with 99 box iss. Not sure if that is possible given my current gear and budget, and have never even tried it as of yet for a baseline, just know that right now I can barely solo Hellfire, never mind HellBound.

On the bright side, I was able to duo K95 with my baby ISS in 55 minutes! progress.

Thanks
To be honest, if your goal is to farm the quests for exalted and not be tied to a group, your better bet is just making sure your dual is a decent DD and is at a point where it can kill that stuff with your iss. If your armor is +10 and not bloody/dark yet, and make sure your dual is a class that can use it. While that won't make it a rock star in terms of killing potential, it's still going to kill faster, and be a cheaper route than re-gearing your entire tank setup to try and be good at both tanking and killing.
Asynja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 11:16 AM   #13
Rodah
Heathen Knight

This is what I am talking about; you were very clear in your OP but I guess no one bothered to read it..... Instead they just chimed in with their own random thoughts based on their prejudicial preconceived notions.

So, I'll go into a bit more detail and you can make your own judgements based on my thoughts (as well as the other opinions which have been given).

A +10 PvE set IS the best of both worlds based on YOUR clearly stated goals. Let me be perfectly clear; a PvP set is better in..... PvP (derp). BUT, based on your other gear it actually wouldn't make much of a difference. Top end archers (and now mages/daggers) simply hit too hard. It takes MUCH, MUCH MUCH more than just a PvP to stay alive against top geared PvPers.

BUT, against mid tier players, a +10 PvE set (as opposed to a +8 PvE set) will give a noticeable improvement. Granted, if you already have a full +10 Blessed set then you won't see any improvements in PvP damage reduction.

However, based on YOUR current gear, you aren't able to breezily tank end game stuff; a PvE set will help, A Lot. Seriously, did the other commenters even read your posts? This isn't meant to be an insult but you are missing the required items to be, essentially, an invulnerable PvE tank. No 7s/Anakim, only +6 Shirt and lv3 diamond. Granted, now you have Mystic SA and B.Anthy but, as I stated earlier, those two items won't help you at all when you solo. Again, my advice was in response to your stated goals of having the "best of both worlds."

Returning to my earlier argument (in greater detail), a PvE Set WILL allow you to maximize damage by adjusting cheap and easily changeable aspects of your char. You can easily mix and match different AP/Dual Skill/Hair Acc/Armor Type if you have a PvE Set. In respect to your earlier comment/question about AP; maximizing your element attack has become a much more important goal based on the changes introduced in the update. So, when we are talking about AP trees for max damage, investing 4/3 AP in War/Wiz tree for the extra 80 element attack is big. As others have stated already Ele Attack/Crit Dmg > P.Attack.

Anyway, all this is irrelevant as you have already made your purchase. Still, hope it helps in future decisions.

EDIT: Just want to add that as an HK you can do some faction stuff solo. Additionally, if you apply some of the changes I suggest you will be able to kill easy faction mobs at a nice pace. HK are very strong in PvE ATM.
Old 05-09-2017, 10:01 PM   #14
Jagtiger
Grave Predator

Quote:

Thanks
I play tank as well but for PvE specially while doing the solo quests its either I use my dual titan or I use a box wynn/titan, last advice gearing up a tank to be a strong PvE dd comparable to a titan per say is very expensive of to which I don't think you can afford in the immediate future though if you really want to push it and minimize the costs and still be able to do k95 and kamaloka all by yourself I suggest you doing this, get a separate weapon +10-+12 blessed r grade blunt 2sa which should costs you 5-6b and put +15% p.crit damage augment on it SA should be p.crit damage +7% etc, then lvl up a sos to 99 buy powerlvl from your server and you should be able to make it within the day. and with this small improvements you can already do kamaloka by yourself sure it will take you probably 35mins or so but still you'll be able to do it by yourself
Old 05-11-2017, 08:17 AM   #15
irlumir
Tainted Zombie

irlumir is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi malloc
If your goal for improve damage on your tank is for doing the factions in order to get exalted well you bether use your dual. Your weapon is no good. Any bless +12 r grade weapon hit more than your +7 r99. Blessing the weapon will not bring decent damage either. Enchant is low.
Best and cheap dual for doing faction is wynn. Feoh is also good but need more cash. In fact you can only get a decent retributer and without changing your set the wynn will perform very nice, even if you dont change dual class skill for something more dd oriented (i bet you got HP or PDEF on dual class skill).
For tank to do proper damage you will need to change dye, weapon, AP, Dual class skill, set type..... with wynn you can keep all your tank setup and put some dye on wynn (str) and a decent weapon.
If want to invest more money well setup could be different but you dont even need to change dual skill to have a decent DD class (decent not excelent but a lot bether than others with pennys of investment)
Now ideal class for open farm is Feoh. With proper setup and in capable hands can aoe in no time all items you need XD for faction quest.....
irlumir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 06:37 PM   #16
Draecke
Baylor

Draecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the rough

get an improved shadow weapon as the quest to upgrade a regular shadow weapon even though a pain is doable and will be the cheapest way to get some decent low budget weapons

send u a pm with some additional reading material
Draecke is online now   Reply With Quote