Lineage II Forums  
Old 06-23-2017, 05:21 PM   #1
Bartzoldschool
Elpy

Bartzoldschool is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Returning paper tank needs serious advice

Hi all, looking for some friendly advice.

Quit 4 years ago and just came back. Did the fishing event and got my hk up to 101.

Through fishing managed to get a +6 eternal heavy set, +4 shield blessed zaken. Also have orfen and frint soul and beneath ring. Last ring is +3 seraph. Weapon is +4 apocalypse cutter with hp and focus. Have octavious shirt +4 ornament belt +4 pvp istria bracelet.

Dyes are all plus con - Str.
Have con an mdef hair piece

When I figure out how to upload a picture I will.

I went to oren -> blackbird camp for my first real xp party and got so wrecked. Was beyond embarrassing. So on here looking for some advice.

Have 6.5b right now to use.

So the question is what do I need to do to get more pdef and tank better, what items and in what order shall I get them.
Not interested in attack just pure tank.

Any advice really appreciated.

In game name is thegiantwithin chronos
Bartzoldschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 07:09 PM   #2
crazyjeff09
Elpy

crazyjeff09 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Returning paper tank needs serious advice

your gear is fine for atilla fortress and even alter. i have used the same gear no problem @101. you don't need anymore pdef 10k is plenty even for alter. you do need hp though.
with minor tweaks will make it easier:

change focus SA with leona 5 to crit body, or similar for 12% hp.

you can also buy a mystic soul crystal SA:sigel for 7-8bil you have which will add another 15%hp

use rose buff every time for 30% hp.

healer prophecy of wind(only some will have) gives another 20% hp. just drop drum.

put your aps into life for hp 25% and dual class skills hp 24%

120k + hp , use avenger aura 101. done!
Old 06-23-2017, 08:48 PM   #3
Draecke
Baylor

Draecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the rough

- check if your dual/ sub class passive skills are set up correctly
- get a Aria Bracelet +3 CON
- PVE Damage reduction belt
- use Freya art/Rose buffs - seen them in giran for around 3mil each
- use +3 CON Fist stews
- pdef/shield defense talismans from fortress/castle npc
- get 25%HP/haste+hp combo SA on weapon - only put mystic sa if u got most of the other stuff covered - it does add 15% HP and lowers 5% damage taken
- get a longing talisman or at least Hellfire
- try get brooch jewel lvl3 diamond / opal / emerald - you can get a free 3 slot brooch by doing 10 day quest in Aden from telesir npc, he's next to the newbie buf npc
- Venir talisman that adds at least +1 CON
- try be in a clan that has all clan skills and be part of the main clan
- get a cheap abundance talisman that gives you the best defense boost
- Ability Points on full defense mode
- check if your armor is fully 3x120 element resists, best is to get a ton in Dark & Earth resist

btw never be afraid to ask questions so feel free to try pm me ingame to see if I've got time to chat and we can talk more about this

ps, it went only that bad today as the mage didn't knew how to spam snare, you weren't familiar yet with how some of the mobs behaved like the captains with their pull attacks and the lack of rose/maximized HP build aka nothing to be ashamed off as we all made such mistakes in the beginning :P
Draecke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 11:29 AM   #4
MashaWithoutBear
Dark Lord

MashaWithoutBear is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there.

Although Draecke it's for sure the best, and more friendly oriented, tank advisor in here there's a BIG problem.

I've been, myself, a returning player on NCWest servers, after a long period spended on NCEurope official servers.
We aren't on a NCEurope NCSoft official Server Draecke, this is the real problem.

1] check if your dual/ sub class passive skills are set up correctly

This is possible but u have to explain, in detail, to the newbies how to do it.

2] get a Aria Bracelet +3 CON

This is impossible for a returning 99-100 player untill he/she gets enough raid points

3] PVE Damage reduction belt

This is impossible cuz a Chief Monkey's Belt is sold for 7.8 to 8.2 Bill.

4] use Freya art/Rose buffs - seen them in giran for around 3mil each

This is possible. Great advice for the newbies Draecke.

5] use +3 CON Fist stews

6] pdef/shield defense talismans from fortress/castle npc

This is impossible unless the clan u are in has a permanent fortress/castle. Perhaps u join a clan that monday has a fortress and saturday has lost it.

7] get 25%HP/haste+hp combo SA on weapon - only put mystic sa if u got most of the other stuff covered
- it does add 15% HP and lowers 5% damage taken

I would not put a mystic on a R or R95 weapon. If u have to put a mystic on a weap choose a R99 bloody one
+ 6 or more that u can slowly upgrade --> i've seen a+ 6 bloody for 16 bill in ah, for sure a mistake but
some1 sold it and someone else bought it. My advice is to leave a toon of ur 3rd client in front of an ah
and try to look from time to time for big deals like that.

8] get a longing talisman or at least Hellfire

This is impossible. The longing it's like 9.5 bill, at least, and the hellfire isn't in ah but it depends from
lady luck.

9] try get brooch jewel lvl3 diamond / opal / emerald - you can get a free 3 slot brooch by doing 10 day quest
in Aden from telesir npc, he's next to the newbie buf npc

This is impossible. We aren't on a NCEurope server. There isn't any jewel for sale in the L2 store and it
won't be for months to go.

This is the biggest issue a returning player faces. No Jewels, no dyes, no shirts, no + con bracelets ecc. ecc
= -50k - 60k hps to say the least. When he/she goes to hb he/she got trashed.
When I returned my clanmates said to me "hey why that archer crit u for 10+k?
Haven't u dyes? nope Haven't u jewels? Nope Haven't u a reflect shirt? nope and the list went on for 2-3 days of nope.
NCWest decides when to sell this stuff and how much u have to pay more to have the same item. This is the problem.
I've tried myself, after reading Draecke advices, to c in ah if there was any +5 con dye. Besides the ****** +4 ancient
for 85kk each (x 30= 2.2kkk) there wasn't any. Hope that Red Libra can help with dyes but I really don't think so.
Edit : red libra won't help anyone with dyes since rudi are sold for 500k each. So no dyes.

To jewels .. a lvl 3 jewel it's sold for like 5 to 6 bill on NCWest and x 3 it's like 15 to 18 bill to gear up with a
3 slot brooch. In here u can't go to mammon with 2 ge and 2 eod to buy a jewel. Why?
Try to log in and c how much the other players wants for a ruby casket= 1kkk Why?
No reflect shirts? Why?
Do u want to raise billions making a dorf and overenchanting stuff +10? U can't do that in here.
No Maphr shirt in L2store, no one will sell u bees, no one will sell u lucky dyes. Why?
And the list goes on for months.

10] Venir talisman that adds at least +1 CON

My suggestion it's to begin with a venir lvl 8 = 150 to 200kk = +1 con

11] try be in a clan that has all clan skills and be part of the main clan

12] get a cheap abundance talisman that gives you the best defense boost

13] Ability Points on full defense mode

This is possible but u have to explain, in detail, to the newbies how to do it.

14] check if your armor is fully 3x120 element resists, best is to get a ton in Dark & Earth resist

This is possible. I don't agree with a full dark resist set up but it's anyway a great advice for the newbies Draecke.

So all in all.

Points 2], 3], 6] and 8] are just a matter of time.

Points 1] and 13] have to be explained in detail to the newbies. I can do it myself but Draecke it's far, far, way better
than me as a tank so only him can suggest the best set up ever.

Point 9, like dyes [trying to buy lvl 5 giants con+5 dyes with red libra with an average probability after having spent like 3 billions
to have only 10 it's impossible], shirts and so on, are a problem created by NCWest
and only NCWest can solve it, if they ever want to solve it.

Untill then a returning player who wants to invest his/her time on NCWest servers has to wait
at least 6 months to catch up other players of the same lvl to gear up properly, even if he/she wants to spend real money.
This is the sadly truth and it's simply ridicolous.

We aren't asking to NCWest to go to Juppiter, we are asking to have what all the other NCSoft official servers have.

To Draecke, and to the other great ppl that post in here, the role of giving advices to anyone who wants to return
in here as a tank.

2 cents.
MashaWithoutBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 08:13 PM   #5
Draecke
Baylor

Draecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the rough

well for starters anybody starting L2 needs to realize that it's not an easy game, never was and never will be.

also I'm a nice enough guy to summarize some pointers but to really spell everything out isn't my style so :P

1. see above
2. again see above, takes time but you'll get there eventually - instant gratification players can go play Hello Kitty instead
3. PVE Damage reduction belt aka from Olympiad those still exist and should cost less then 800mil - where did I mention monkey belt here ?
6. all you need is farm a bunch of Knight Epaulets during a fortress siege and get a stock pile of said talismans - the ones that have 600min usage on them, any clan that isn't able to pull that off for it's members is either lazy or just plain bad and time to find better
7. well on the mystic sa it all depends on real budget as for example my PVP weapon is actually a bless high oe'd apo cutter on which I did put one and it's enough to get me to 150k HP at sieges aka saved me the cost of getting a PVE/PVP weapon which is more then double the cost
8. hellfire isn't that hard to get imo but deffi better buy an existing loniging then try make it yourself as that's just torture.. I did it when it was first introduced and it was very painful process..
9. this is of course for when NC does a rerun of the brooch events and very soon we will get one again - regardless NC tends to do this 2x per year with also the occasional flash sales.. it's on the list so ppl know to put money on the side
9.5 dyes can be cheap as for example +5 CON -2 STR dyes cost 10mil each on Chronos so if you're low budget check whats available and decide how to compromise on your stats
13. Knight set up on Ability Points at low level range is kinda obvious which ones to take first though.. it gets harder on the 4th row of skills to chose from but up to then it's no rocket science ? again personal styles my vari so ppl should just test works best for them
14. valid point as I forgot most newbies will have to go a way before they're mainstream for Giant Cave / Atelia Fortress - still good advise though if all they do is instances but if they also wanna explore the open fields then a more balanced approach might be better like 60/40

btw it's up to each player to decide whats priority and in what order to go about these minor tweaks

this isn't a criticism reply to Masha but more a clarification as to why I made the first post the way I did
Draecke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 03:47 AM   #6
MashaWithoutBear
Dark Lord

MashaWithoutBear is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Returning paper tank needs serious advice

Yo Draecke. We have talked a couple of times on ts and I can only learn from your experience in here.

Thanks for your clarifications cuz they are really precious.
The prices on L2 NCWest servers are completely insane and if you don't pay a lot of real money it will takes 36 lifes to gear with a Seraph
+3 and and a specter cutter +8 with only 1 sa.
I disagree only on one point, and that is the longing. Once achieved the desire don't, ever never, spend 10 bill on a thing that u can barely imagine to upgrade. Put the cash away and when u will have 50 bill take an insanity. Period. If u really want to spend that 10 bills spend 'em on an anakim.

For the rest I was trying to say that
- if someone plays L2 official in Korea he doesn't have to wait 6 month to get jewels, shirts and the like. He only has to hit the L2store button and can play straight on the lvl he/se is
- if someone plays L2 official in Europe he doesn't have to wait 6 month to get jewels, shirts and the like. He only has to hit the L2store button and can play straight on the lvl he/se is
- if someone plays L2 official in NA he has to wait 6 month to get jewels, shirts and the like and can't play the lvl he/she is cuz NCWest doesn't sell what NCSoft sells What are we supposed to do in those 6 months? Bartz was trashed in hb, I was trashed in hb, every returning player will be trashed in hb. Well if we are lucky we can do exalted 1 for march 2018. GG
We aren't talking about Hello Kitty's game but we are talking about L2.

Funny things
- L2 NCSoft Korea and L2 NCSoft Europe are official servers like L2 NCwest but we can have the same items that NCSoft sells everywhere else.
- I'm from Europe but since I play on a NA server I can't have what other ppl that play L2 on the NCSoft official European server may have

Put it this way. If u want to buy a Coke or a Pepsi it is supposed that the best place to buy one is in NA. What if in NA no one sells a Coke or a Pepsi and u have to go to europe or korea to get one?
It's simply hilarious

Edit: The only reason I can imagine to explain NCWest policy it's "hey I have to protect my big donators who spend 100 bucks x month to get some thing
here and there". Well hahahaaahha
NCSoft Korea and NCSoft Europe have discovered that the big donators are the new/returning players that want to have what the "big donators" already have and want to spend far way more than 100 bucks x month.

Sorry for the long OT on this precious topic.

Last edited by MashaWithoutBear; 06-29-2017 at 04:07 AM.
MashaWithoutBear is online now   Reply With Quote