Lineage II Forums  
Old 03-05-2016, 10:09 PM   #1
duskhail
Tainted Zombie

duskhail is an unknown quantity at this point
Default making decient tank damage

id like some input on tank pve damage please

hypothetically, if a tank had full boss jewels, full lvl 5 tattoos (not sure which ones would be best), +12 bloody ama sword and all the best buffs and nick naks, how would their pvp damage compare to an actual DD class

could a tank with this setup solo k95? k99?

or would it just be a waste of effort?

Ive always played my shilen knight based on the grounds that they were an offensive tank
Old 03-06-2016, 08:25 AM   #2
toxium
Elpy

toxium is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: making decient tank damage

NC store is your solution to every problem...
Prepare your credit card and rule the world.......
Old 03-06-2016, 09:27 AM   #3
Lostvayne
Elpy

Lostvayne is an unknown quantity at this point

done this one time took around 40-45 mins to finish whole kartia,
I was 100 at that time weapon is tauti party setup is with 1 iss and 1 sos
Build is dual class skill 27% patk, AP build is Titan build + the addition of Tank hidden skill called rampage shield. Didn't tried this again since it takes 60m changing back and forth but overall if you're just doing pve and not doing pvp or exping in AF go for it nice good exp with freya
Old 03-06-2016, 10:55 AM   #4
Draecke
Baylor

Draecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the rough

minor detail but after lvl 101 best Offensive PVE Tank is HK due to his improved Rage aura and cat gets nice next update too which can do a good crit damage debuf on mobs.

what server you play on as I prolly could give you more pointers if on Chronos

btw end game PVP Tanks do no real damage, not against ppl in full pvp sets etc. that use automated pot spam - only if you got a Topaz lvl4 or higher you get to kill pplz then when real DD's lowered their HP
Draecke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 05:39 PM   #5
irlumir
Tainted Zombie

irlumir is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by duskhail View Post

hypothetically, if a tank had full boss jewels, full lvl 5 tattoos (not sure which ones would be best), +12 bloody ama sword and all the best buffs and nick naks, how would their pvp damage compare to an actual DD class

Ive always played my shilen knight based on the grounds that they were an offensive tank
Yes you can do kartia 95 alonr, well with a iss box.
I have +8 armor set +12 r95 weapon ( tauti sucks in pve) full criticak chance atak speed. Ap patk, rampage shield. I get around 15k patk. Fast til boss. Around 30 minutes. I have con dyes, so i do noy have fulk atack setup. With better geat ofcourse could be better. Pvp, outside oly, tank do not kill, regardless gear. K99 not a chance.
irlumir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 07:07 AM   #6
husdatyul
Thunder Wyrm

husdatyul is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by duskhail View Post

Tank pvp build oly

+10 dark set
+15 dark amaranthine AVENGER with hp/hp/sigel sa and +9% pvp damage as augment or health augment +30% the highest i think..
Dualclass skills go for full hp..
Dyes full str...
Ap on knight..
Rest are jewels with good physical trait...

Now the hybrid build..
Same set of weapon and armor set except..

Dyes go for +5str +10 con so you have +10 con +7str
Take con + pder 1slot hair acce..
Make a dim bracelet go full str of it...

As far as i know i have a friend tank hybrid build cant be killed cant be 1 shot.. well 7 shots maybe..
Old 03-07-2016, 10:03 AM   #7
Draecke
Baylor

Draecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the rough

HP build in Oly... lol

Oly = topaz 4/5 or don't bother unless ofc you're on a dead server
Old 03-08-2016, 07:44 AM   #8
irlumir
Tainted Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by husdatyul View Post
Tank pvp build oly

+10 dark set
+15 dark amaranthine AVENGER with hp/hp/sigel sa and +9% pvp damage as augment or health augment +30% the highest i think..
Dualclass skills go for full hp..
Dyes full str...
Ap on knight..
Rest are jewels with good physical trait...

Now the hybrid build..
Same set of weapon and armor set except..

Dyes go for +5str +10 con so you have +10 con +7str
Take con + pder 1slot hair acce..
Make a dim bracelet go full str of it...

As far as i know i have a friend tank hybrid build cant be killed cant be 1 shot.. well 7 shots maybe..
Why would you put hp ap, dual, etc if you are going to get str dyes?. It has no sence at all.
You can easily get around 120 str without str dyes on human tank, more on dark elf, and keep yourself over 105 con, to improve thouse hp boost. Besides str on tank, specially on pvp is about break point, and honestly anything beyond 115 str don't give much. 120 get a little boost on skill critical, but beyond that nothing much.
Then why bother on hp if you will not have reflect, oly wise. For a budget perspective and all round tank get all dual hp from first row patk lvl 4 and one pdef from warrior, one from wizz (6%) or just get mp reduction instead pdef. On tank pdef boost, outside tyr fight, are minimal cause of total pdef added with shield. In helios the improve will be minimal. Also get rampage from warrior tree. From dual get phyz trait ( improves all your land rates) and hp.
Get pasive reflect/ active reflect if posible. You will win lots of match on oly just by reflect or it will help a lot kill the enemy, more than a lol 9% pvp damage on tank. You need atk speed sa more than the half hp one from oly. Get the classic hp/ atk speed. The full hp is for siege/ massive pvp to Cast hate aura and nothing more.
Old 03-08-2016, 07:47 AM   #9
irlumir
Tainted Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draecke View Post
HP build in Oly... lol

Oly = topaz 4/5 or don't bother unless ofc you're on a dead server
Jaja yup. In fact a tank with that kind of topaz and a apo cutter will get a lot more wins in oly than a tank with dark weapon without topaz....
Old 03-09-2016, 01:31 AM   #10
Mighty!
Grave Predator

Mighty! is an unknown quantity at this point

PvE dmg for any fighter class is maxing attack speed, critical rate, and critical damage. Then of course increase power, which has no maximum. I doubt you'd be able to solo k99 without some serious OOP support. K95 you should be able to do.

Or do what a lot of ppl do, is beat down boss on DD dualclass, soe (keep instance open with box still in), then switch to class and finish off the last little bit of HP for FULL exp.

If you want to be a DD, be a DD class, don't try to make one with a tank unless you have 5,000$ lying around. Even then you'd get twice as far with a DD.
Old 03-10-2016, 02:46 AM   #11
Sade
Elpy

Sade is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostvayne View Post
done this one time took around 40-45 mins to finish whole kartia,
Seriously you are doing something wrong here. Take buffs, warrior harmony, use all 3 aoe's in Kartia and its finished in 25min. Lion also might help in last stage to deal some dmg. I am sending archer in home.
Old 03-10-2016, 03:46 AM   #12
Liinu
Elpy

Liinu is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sade View Post
Seriously you are doing something wrong here. Take buffs, warrior harmony, use all 3 aoe's in Kartia and its finished in 25min. Lion also might help in last stage to deal some dmg. I am sending archer in home.
GROUP kartia...
Liinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 08:00 AM   #13
irlumir
Tainted Zombie

Sade

We are talking about kartia group doing solo with tank and iss box.
The other is done in ten minutes
Besides you clearly never try it by mention the use of lion. Boss, in berserk buff, will kill lion in one skill healing itself making it imposible to acomplish
Old 08-01-2016, 05:41 PM   #14
smokas
Dark Lord

smokas is an unknown quantity at this point

here u can see what can do tank in af instance , he actualy plvl me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMc3Wiw2E7E
smokas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 10:03 PM   #15
Draecke
Baylor

minor detail but both ISS were boxed with lol gear so with an actual live played ISS that would also hit mobs the time would have been ~2min faster imo but at the time that run was done it was quite late and none were to be found ^^"

but yeah as you can see it's possible to do those instances with Tank as main DD as I've said before..

imo any class that can stack patt & p. crit damage can do these things, easiest build for Tanks is HK due to the True Vanguard + Avengers Aura + Knight Frenzy
Old 08-04-2016, 11:41 AM   #16
zem1
Hungry Spirit

zem1 is an unknown quantity at this point

minor detail 50k $ in gear ... aight.
zem1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 03:52 PM   #17
Jamba
Goblin Lord

Jamba is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by zem1 View Post
right $50k of gear and the guys is with s80 armor if u know the game and use your brain u can achieve something but ppl like to qq and spread negativity only get lost pls
Jamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 06:35 PM   #18
Kei
Grave Predator

Kei is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
minor detail but both ISS were boxed with lol gear so with an actual live played ISS that would also hit mobs the time would have been ~2min faster imo but at the time that run was done it was quite late and none were to be found ^^"

but yeah as you can see it's possible to do those instances with Tank as main DD as I've said before..

imo any class that can stack patt & p. crit damage can do these things, easiest build for Tanks is HK due to the True Vanguard + Avengers Aura + Knight Frenzy
What armor were you using? Elegia heavy or Vesper noble masterwork? Nice video have you tried using a pve retri + sos in addition to your setup? If so with a setup like that how fast were you doing lets say K99?
Kei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 07:02 PM   #19
Astarothy
Remnant Diabolist

Location: Just freshly off from Fabulous Lands. Deal with it!
Astarothy has a spectacular aura about themAstarothy has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:

The recorder guy made me cringe at my seat with that awful 2boxing skills. He could had spare 2min before instance to setup a fast /assist macro either for dd or iss, w/e.

Anyway, kudos for your tank playstyle. Rly impressive, both def and attack power
Astarothy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 07:09 PM   #20
Draecke
Baylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zem1 View Post
the only relevant dumb expensive item I use for dps would be my +15 PVE cutter but a +12 PVE one would be still quite good

having passive & active crit damage augments are way more important as in combo with HK 101 Aura & True Vanguard the damage is getting silly when you pop KN Frenzy with BR

and yes I really do use my old HighFive +6 MW Vesper Noble Hvy set for PVE as that gives the best Patt/Pdef boost for a Tank, note how my +10/11 PVP set is on my ISS

@Kei, retri means u can't use your skills and honestly the dps difference wouldn't be that great as I have no intentions to run 2 boxes whenever I xp it's w/e to me and yes I did test with my current set up how fast K99 is with SOS and that's like 6~7min tops - with GoG buff prolly just 5min but I'm to lazy for that stuff