Lineage II Forums  
Old 08-04-2016, 07:11 PM   #21
Draecke
Baylor

Draecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: making decient tank damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astarothy View Post
The recorder guy made me cringe at my seat with that awful 2boxing skills. He could had spare 2min before instance to setup a fast /assist macro either for dd or iss, w/e.

Anyway, kudos for your tank playstyle. Rly impressive, both def and attack power
he was drunk when he did that lol :P

and thanks!
Draecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 01:35 AM   #22
zem1
Hungry Spirit

zem1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh right, the ruby lvl5 , insanity, b.balakas dont counts in .... I bet theres 7s and some other lvl4-5 jewels for p.deff/mdeff. You soooo right. Happy to see you kno how to use your brain.
zem1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 03:51 AM   #23
Draecke
Baylor

Draecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the rough

oh so you're actually colorblind, I'm sorry I didn't knew that.. go watch the fraps again cause the soul shots color effect ain't that of a Ruby 5 but feel free to do/na/te the needed 75+bil adena so I can afford one, many thx in advance!

btw anyone can get full bless epics/belt w/e from NC Store nowadays so those items I really wouldn't classify as relevant imo and neither is mdef even remotely relevant for AF Instance..

no idea why I even bother to reply when it's so clear you're just trolling, either that or you're very ignorant or maybe just frustrated about something ?

lmao why is the word do/na/te being auto corrected to "pay" on this forum ? really now can we have any more dumb censor/forced auto correct ?

Last edited by Draecke; 08-05-2016 at 03:55 AM. Reason: why is do/na/te a forced auto correct word ?
Old 08-05-2016, 04:11 AM   #24
zem1
Hungry Spirit

zem1 is an unknown quantity at this point

So you are trying to convince me that that gear you have is like normal gear on servers ?
What a scrub. Go mesure your small *** somwhere else. That video is ussless for 99% of the tanks , why , use your brain again . Want me to explain more or wanna messure *** ...
Tank without s7+high defensive jewels will stand 0 seconds in AF.
zem1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 08:36 AM   #25
smokas
Dark Lord

smokas is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astarothy View Post
The recorder guy made me cringe at my seat with that awful 2boxing skills. He could had spare 2min before instance to setup a fast /assist macro either for dd or iss, w/e.

Anyway, kudos for your tank playstyle. Rly impressive, both def and attack power
tnx for compliment , but i dont care as you see i push forward with level and equipments .also yul had macro just i dont put aoe , about to set macro on iss that will be the worst idea.. 40k hp , seraph set he will die alot . as you see he not die so.. better play your game i will play my
smokas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 11:48 AM   #26
Draecke
Baylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zem1 View Post
So you are trying to convince me that that gear you have is like normal gear on servers ?
What a scrub. Go mesure your small *** somwhere else. That video is ussless for 99% of the tanks , why , use your brain again . Want me to explain more or wanna messure *** ...
Tank without s7+high defensive jewels will stand 0 seconds in AF.
a lvl 100 Tank maybe but at 102+ that's absolutely not true.

go take your QQ somewhere else cause I have personally helped more then 20 Tank players just this year alone with advises on how to boost either their DPS or Defensive play styles with low budget tweaks upto the end game versions.

to get at my point it's hard and will take a lot of resources yes but to get in the 50~70% area that's pretty doable for most mid level/semi end game players and as you could see that will turn a Tank from close to zero damage to an actual contributing factor for PVE activities.

changing between PVE / PVP set ups is the more tricky part as simply said in my PVE set up I will die 3 shots the moment my UD's are down from wartag archers so there are some serious trade off you make.

if ppl want to be able to do both you will need to have at least the following gear for PVP and be fast in changing set ups when you run into PVP situations:

dandy scroll 10%
tauti ring 5%
castle cloak 5% + clan passive skill 10% = 15%
dark armor 20%
oly top resist pots 3%
abundance lvl1 15%
obsidian 4 11% 5 15%
Protective Ditty 10%
pvp resist belts 7% or 9% if coc belt
at sieges: slaughter dye used to be 25% should be now 10%

PVP AP set up should be all hp/pdef u can get and if you feel strong enough get one that increases your disables land rate.

besides that use pdef passive talisman / +3 Aria CON bracelet / fist stew +3 CON / head gear that adds +3 CON & 5% pdef with if possible the 203 pdef augment / always use rose buff and when needed CP Cookie & Valiant scrolls - max HP is 150K so you don't really need Weaver imo..

ah and obviously as mentioned in this topic before get a simple pvp weapon with the right type of augment (passive reflect/30% debuf land rate increase etc. ) like a semi high oe bless low r grade cutter 25%Hp and 12%Hp 7% Haste SA set up and for PVE get as high as possible you can afford OE'd PVE cutter with Patt/p Crit damage SA set up.

btw even at end game level you don't need more then lvl4 jewels max as for some weird reason you seem to think I'm stacked on that lol, here's what I've got and I made all of that on the very first brooch event except for the vital ofc.
- 5 opal - was lucky and got it easily
- 4 diamond
- 4 obsidian
- 4 pearl, never use this anymore as it was made in a time mages were still a pvp factor
- 4 emerald
- 4 ruby
- 4 vital
- 3 topaz

keep saying what I do can't be done without spending "thousands of dollars" cause that ain't true, if you're able to play market you can get this or if you got like a few hundreds to spent once in a while on the right stuff you can get this all too..

final note: I play L2 since Closed Beta and to get where I'm at now took me years of building resources and shaping my char into it's current form to support my preferred play style - any one who thinks that's doable in a matter of Months will indeed have to spent a lot of money yes but for those that can play the long game that's a different story.
Old 08-20-2016, 05:34 AM   #27
Malysmall1989
Elpy

Malysmall1989 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draecke View Post
a lvl 100 Tank maybe but at 102+ that's absolutely not true.

go take your QQ somewhere else cause I have personally helped more then 20 Tank players just this year alone with advises on how to boost either their DPS or Defensive play styles with low budget tweaks upto the end game versions.

to get at my point it's hard and will take a lot of resources yes but to get in the 50~70% area that's pretty doable for most mid level/semi end game players and as you could see that will turn a Tank from close to zero damage to an actual contributing factor for PVE activities.

changing between PVE / PVP set ups is the more tricky part as simply said in my PVE set up I will die 3 shots the moment my UD's are down from wartag archers so there are some serious trade off you make.

if ppl want to be able to do both you will need to have at least the following gear for PVP and be fast in changing set ups when you run into PVP situations:

dandy scroll 10%
tauti ring 5%
castle cloak 5% + clan passive skill 10% = 15%
dark armor 20%
oly top resist pots 3%
abundance lvl1 15%
obsidian 4 11% 5 15%
Protective Ditty 10%
pvp resist belts 7% or 9% if coc belt
at sieges: slaughter dye used to be 25% should be now 10%

PVP AP set up should be all hp/pdef u can get and if you feel strong enough get one that increases your disables land rate.

besides that use pdef passive talisman / +3 Aria CON bracelet / fist stew +3 CON / head gear that adds +3 CON & 5% pdef with if possible the 203 pdef augment / always use rose buff and when needed CP Cookie & Valiant scrolls - max HP is 150K so you don't really need Weaver imo..

ah and obviously as mentioned in this topic before get a simple pvp weapon with the right type of augment (passive reflect/30% debuf land rate increase etc. ) like a semi high oe bless low r grade cutter 25%Hp and 12%Hp 7% Haste SA set up and for PVE get as high as possible you can afford OE'd PVE cutter with Patt/p Crit damage SA set up.

btw even at end game level you don't need more then lvl4 jewels max as for some weird reason you seem to think I'm stacked on that lol, here's what I've got and I made all of that on the very first brooch event except for the vital ofc.
- 5 opal - was lucky and got it easily
- 4 diamond
- 4 obsidian
- 4 pearl, never use this anymore as it was made in a time mages were still a pvp factor
- 4 emerald
- 4 ruby
- 4 vital
- 3 topaz

keep saying what I do can't be done without spending "thousands of dollars" cause that ain't true, if you're able to play market you can get this or if you got like a few hundreds to spent once in a while on the right stuff you can get this all too..

final note: I play L2 since Closed Beta and to get where I'm at now took me years of building resources and shaping my char into it's current form to support my preferred play style - any one who thinks that's doable in a matter of Months will indeed have to spent a lot of money yes but for those that can play the long game that's a different story.
Can U plis check PM Tthx
Malysmall1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 03:01 AM   #28
DreamSeeker
Guardian Archangel

DreamSeeker is on a distinguished road

I happen to have a Tank(main)/Iss(dual,) and you know something? Something's terribly wrong with Tank Damage dealing.

Same character & same gear, when Iss has max crit 500 & attack speed 1500 (they share sub + dual skills, so no difference at all except main is tank and Iss is dual class,) tank has about 400 crit and 1300ish attack speed....

What's even more funny is...I have Tyrr DoomBringer main/Iss dual also. Same char, same gear but with the same weapon Tyrr has 30k Attack Power(Tauti 2H,) Iss enchanter has about 20K attack power...I mean WTF!??

So here is the truth...with same gear and everything

Tyrr 30k >> Iss 20k >> Tank 15k with nuffed Crit and attack speed...

Last edited by DreamSeeker; 09-02-2016 at 03:28 AM.
DreamSeeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 06:20 AM   #29
Draecke
Baylor

different passives, toggles and skills.. can't compare like that..

go read what True Vanguard does for a Tank and then tell me again how that is even remotely related to Tyr / ISS etc.

as I've explained many times before for Tanks to do dps you need to boost patt/str/crit damage, every small boost factors in to the point you can duo K99 with an ISS in under 15min or even AF Instance..
Old 09-14-2016, 07:59 PM   #30
populus
Antharas

populus has a spectacular aura about thempopulus has a spectacular aura about thempopulus has a spectacular aura about them

@DreamSeeker I've been consulting draecke on this and have managed to get respectable damage as a tank. With the event weapon, I get a respectable 15k patk with warriors, which goes to about 24k patk with the dual class toggle and rampage shield, add BR and we get almost 50k, add vanguard and we have an effective patk of 79k.

Of course we cannot compare to a Tyrr, they are *supposed* to deal more damage.

I still have my +15 con dyes, so I can do better. I can now do k99 with warriors harmony, and keep aggro all the time, something I could not do before when my damage was crap. I do 10k crits to boss, which still isn't amazing but a definite improvement, it helps that I almost constantly have the counter crits toggle, and rampage shield is up as often as cool down allows.

I am about 100b adena (lol) away from the gear draecke possesses, but I'm pretty pleased with the way things are right now, given the resources I have.

PS. Offensive tank build is hard because it is 1000% gear dependent, but you can easily switch dual skills, armor type and AP to get the HP pool needed for tanking for the hard stuff.
Old 09-14-2016, 08:02 PM   #31
populus
Antharas

populus has a spectacular aura about thempopulus has a spectacular aura about thempopulus has a spectacular aura about them

Also I'm and elf tank, therefore lower base str and don't have HK's awesome 101 aura, even if I was 101 ET aura is purely defensive.
Old 09-16-2016, 09:36 AM   #32
Znipoo
Remnant Diabolist

Znipoo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by populus View Post

PS. Offensive tank build is hard because it is 1000% gear dependent, but you can easily switch dual skills, armor type and AP to get the HP pool needed for tanking for the hard stuff.

Exact same thing for any class mate.
Znipoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 04:33 PM   #33
Free2PlaySUX
Banned

Free2PlaySUX is an unknown quantity at this point

wow, wow stop the world i wanna leave.

populos happy with his class? isnt that guy that qq alot here???? talking nonsense after nonsense without spend some time to learn how to play????

i m happy for u noob. i really m
Free2PlaySUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 01:16 PM   #34
populus
Antharas

I cried alot because I couldn't function as a tank as intended, i.e. stacking defensive stats.
Then I discovered that tanks don't actually need that much defensive stats, their main defense is their shield blocks and the 1 dmg blocks.

So putting more effort into increasing damage actually works better at retaining aggro, which boosts the tank's damage even more with the crit trigger buff and shield rampage.

Only a few tanks in the game have managed to pull it off well; I am still working towards that, but I still get compliments for retaining aggro in k99 with some pretty strong (excluding evis/titans/gk) DDs, daggers especially like me for letting them do their work from behind the boss.

My previous cry posts were all about prophets T_T I cried for 5 years straight, then gave up.
Old 10-29-2016, 01:21 PM   #35
populus
Antharas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znipoo View Post
Exact same thing for any class mate.
This topic is about making a tank do decent damage, it takes more for a tank to matter at all DPS-wise. E.g. damage dealers don't need *both* good weapon and armour to perform their duties. A tank first requires relatively decent armour first before they can even look at getting a good weapon.

And if you've read Draecke's posts, you'd see that pvp requires a *completely* different setup from pve, i.e. you *need* 2 sets of equipment, almost all other classes can get away with just 1 set.