Lineage II Forums  
Old 12-16-2016, 01:39 AM   #1
defender26
Goblin Lord

defender26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default best pve tank

hello!can anyone tell me wich is best tank for pve/daylies instaces/rb?
i have dual phoenix knight 85 and want to change to other tank if this isn't best for pve.tnx in advance!
defender26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 05:06 AM   #2
Draecke
Baylor

Draecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: best pve tank

for PVE only that's SK till 101 as it has paralyze skills for mob control & extra attack/debuf then HK as the HK 101 aura (debuf on mobs/raids) means a huge dps boost for all
Draecke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 06:26 AM   #3
Kei
Grave Predator

Kei is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it just me or has there been a lot of new players who wants to play tank
Kei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 11:16 PM   #4
Backstabb1
Thunder Wyrm

Backstabb1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draecke View Post
for PVE only that's SK till 101 as it has paralyze skills for mob control & extra attack/debuf then HK as the HK 101 aura (debuf on mobs/raids) means a huge dps boost for all
I prefer the near 25% patk/matk from SK.
Backstabb1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 11:36 PM   #5
Kei
Grave Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstabb1 View Post
I prefer the near 25% patk/matk from SK.
Sk aura is 15% only, HK aura > SK aura in pve
Old 12-17-2016, 10:53 AM   #6
Draecke
Baylor

Draecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the rough

please check the other posts here about Tank DPS etc. like the one I made here:

Default Tanks 101 Aura Party Bonus effects etc.
http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=290741

Note that the self buff effect of the HK aura stacks on top of the debuff effect
self buff -> P. Atk./Atk. Spd + 25%, P. Critical Rate + 80, P. Critical Damage + 25% and Speed + 20.
debuff effect which benefits the whole party/CC/Clan -> For nearby enemies, P./M. Atk. - 30%, Atk. Spd./Casting Spd. - 30%, Speed - 20 and received Critical Damage + 15%.
Old 12-17-2016, 01:55 PM   #7
Kei
Grave Predator

Would like to add as well that even for oly rage aura > sk aura since both give the same +15% patk but rage aura gives p crit damage too :P
Old 12-18-2016, 07:45 AM   #8
irlumir
Tainted Zombie

irlumir is an unknown quantity at this point

HK 101 aura is better for pve because it reduce further the damage mobs do to tank, therefore is easier (or less gear needed) to perform as tank in certain areas.
Most ppl prefer to get buffed by an increase in his stat rather a debuff on mob from crt damage. that 10% patk / matk (or 14% because an increase in +11 get the atack/m atack to that) on DD may be better than an increase on tank dps. IF you have uber gear and party has uber gear the increase in patk/matk on party member will generate more dps.
Honestly i see avenger aura better than other tanks because it provides the best defensive against mobs damage. For pve.
In oly depends against you are fightig, tank vs tank HK has an advantage, but against other classes the paralize skills provide a huge advantage, besides make it more fun XD
irlumir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 08:43 AM   #9
Kei
Grave Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlumir View Post
HK 101 aura is better for pve because it reduce further the damage mobs do to tank, therefore is easier (or less gear needed) to perform as tank in certain areas.
Most ppl prefer to get buffed by an increase in his stat rather a debuff on mob from crt damage. that 10% patk / matk (or 14% because an increase in +11 get the atack/m atack to that) on DD may be better than an increase on tank dps. IF you have uber gear and party has uber gear the increase in patk/matk on party member will generate more dps.
Honestly i see avenger aura better than other tanks because it provides the best defensive against mobs damage. For pve.
In oly depends against you are fightig, tank vs tank HK has an advantage, but against other classes the paralize skills provide a huge advantage, besides make it more fun XD
HK aura makes the receiving target to garner an additional +15% crit damage meaning anyone who hits will have their damage increase by 15% every time they do critical hits + the panther also gives the same debuff as crit wound though land rate is low and short span but its still there
Old 12-18-2016, 07:49 PM   #10
Backstabb1
Thunder Wyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kei View Post
Sk aura is 15% only, HK aura > SK aura in pve
Anytime their passive party buff is proced you will have 25% p atk, 25% p atk scales way harder than 15% crit damage. 25% P Atk translates into a lot more when skills are up.

https://gyazo.com/8c86955276619d64ed46c280064cbb6b
Without SK Aura/Passsive

https://gyazo.com/17597e052af058b71f55c34019d4b4b2
With SK Aura/Passive

Aura is only +12 = 14.3% P Atk + 8% from passive trigger and 15 Attribute.

I could test full skills would be 100kish P Atk from the Aura's.

Last edited by Backstabb1; 12-18-2016 at 08:29 PM.
Old 12-18-2016, 10:36 PM   #11
Kei
Grave Predator

The topic on this thread is what is the best tank for PvE so I'll just leave this video right here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV3nQBWOm6I

Quote:
Anytime their passive party buff is proced you will have 25% p atk, 25% p atk scales way harder than 15% crit damage. 25% P Atk translates into a lot more when skills are up.

Without SK Aura/Passsive

With SK Aura/Passive

And with this argument you're trying to raise that patk is way better than p.crit damage wouldn't you prefer to use chant of bison instead of PoM? Coz I would say PoM > Chant of Bison and its not even close. And both SK and HK have similar passive trigger they have different names but they have similar stats

Last edited by Kei; 12-18-2016 at 10:50 PM.
Old 12-18-2016, 11:27 PM   #12
Draecke
Baylor

Quote:

Without SK Aura/Passsive

With SK Aura/Passive

Next time first bother to check the link I provided so you would have known HK also has a party trigger buff that adds P./M.Atk. +12% versus SK's trigger buff P./M.Atk. +9%..

Now I hate to go ego boost mode but here's a fraps which was posted in this Tank section months ago which shows how a HK doing AF Instance as main DPS and it was actually a bad run with just boxed iss.. the guy frapsed it when he was drunk and didn't mention it to me as he knows I don't like to brag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMc3Wiw2E7E
Old 12-19-2016, 01:33 AM   #13
Backstabb1
Thunder Wyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draecke View Post
Next time first bother to check the link I provided so you would have known HK also has a party trigger buff that adds P./M.Atk. +12% versus SK's trigger buff P./M.Atk. +9%..

Now I hate to go ego boost mode but here's a fraps which was posted in this Tank section months ago which shows how a HK doing AF Instance as main DPS and it was actually a bad run with just boxed iss.. the guy frapsed it when he was drunk and didn't mention it to me as he knows I don't like to brag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMc3Wiw2E7E
I'm sorry I was unaware that it did but anyways this doesn't prove crit dmg>patk. Take a SK and DA hit a mob without skills popped on something other than said tank (evis, titan, GK) and then test the same thing with full skills/buffs. Wheres the tipping point is 100k extra p atk better than say 40k patk and 15% crit damage? I guess there is 10% attack speed as well but any stacked DD will be maxed anyways. I'm still waiting to see a legitimate test not some random video. This is to show me how much you invested to pve on your tank I guess? I can tell you that single target open field IE GC/Superion the mob isnt alive long enough for the aura to even proc so the constant 17% p atk from the Aura is much better there. At the end of the day if you want to pve for real why not both tanks :^).

Edit 1: Sk Trigger Aura = 8% patk/matk, Attribute Attack +15

Last edited by Backstabb1; 12-19-2016 at 01:58 AM.
Old 12-19-2016, 10:58 AM   #14
Draecke
Baylor

well after many testing over the years this is how damage scales on a PVE DPS Tank build to my findings:

1. P. Critical damage
2. P.att
3. Elemental P.att (this is based on the assumption you will be 500+ without having to use Exalted Tiara or Agathions)

The amount of damage I can do with my crits on regular attacks is pretty crazy. It allows me for doing K99 with just a pom iss box in less then 10min, AF Instance even faster but do prefer to have a healer there just in case and when killing Dragons I do between 1/4~1/3 of same dps as the most stacked Titan in our CC who hits for 24mil per crit..

Now not to brag but I don't know of any SK being able to do the same and as a matter of fact I used to be SK and changed to HK the moment I realized the full potential of the HK aura - on a stacked toon the 40% extra Crit Damage boost is just major.

For simple aoe grinds in say Superion etc ofc I will take a 101+ SK with me in party as that works very fine for me with how further the DPS scales and I do love the looks of unbelief when DD's get told they can't have PoM as their DPS ain't equal to mine, uber stacked Titans are only exception :P

btw I listed the max learn level values for those party trigger bufs, the SK one will be maxed at lvl104 with a 9% boost.

Looooooong story short for PVE HK is the best with SK a good 2nd and for PVP SK is the best period
Old 12-19-2016, 10:33 PM   #15
Backstabb1
Thunder Wyrm

I understand and I think this is where we are getting mixed up HK by itself is the best PvE Tank no doubt. I'm talking about a dragon situation or anytime in full skills for a proper DD. Then said most stacked titan the P Atk increase is probably upwards of 200k that also gets scaled on by Passive/Active crit and other Crit Damage modifiers. As the P Atk difference gets higher and higher I think it would 100% outscale 15% crit damage. Thinking logically it just seems to be better in my head but I am too lazy to fully test it. Anyways, both tanks is the way to go.

Also, I would love to see you kill faster than my evis in superion.
Old 12-20-2016, 07:35 AM   #16
irlumir
Tainted Zombie

Nice Video Kei, what amaze me is the gear. Mid range, nothing fancy, very cheap XD.

Mmm maybe to lvl the char to 104 or more is not bad idea to be a HK and then return to SK XD.

Yea no one will argue that by himself HK beat others tanks in pve XD.

I also agree with backstabb1. Others party member will do more damage with templar aura on them ( BR, SOS, etc) but maybe the overall damage with a stacked HK on the party will be more than with a stacked SK (because the SK will do a lot less damage than the Stacked HK) improving the performance of the whole party.

On next update it will change due AP and remove of rampage shield. It will be very expensive to change AP betwen defensive to ofensive so it will need more gear to keep the setup and not been a 2 shot char XD. Also the removal of RS will affect the DPS by a lot.

The Avenger on the video, with that gear, will be a PVE char only =P
Old 12-20-2016, 12:26 PM   #17
Draecke
Baylor

pro players will have a set up for PVE and another for PVP, not that difficult to chance AP's - the PVP gear part is kinda expensive but doable just not right off the bat for new players.
Old 12-20-2016, 04:02 PM   #18
irlumir
Tainted Zombie

For what I read it will require 500kk to reset AP, expensive i think for most....

The fact that on new AP there is 16% les HP may required a more CON Build. Also less pdef on AP. But with end game gear will not mather.

That pro player crap i dont buy it.
When God started you can have a decent farm and bulk up some resources. I can gather some of it, and build a a semi decent gear (bether than the HK that solo Kama on that video) but not that much. The old players ofcourse have more resourses, but for new player is imposible to gather the amount of adena to gear up decently, unless ofcourse, mastercard (or bot but thats not allowed).
For me pro player is one who know how to play is char in different situations and do it good. I understand that a minimum equipment is required, ofcourse to be more than a one shot target XD. (like obsidian, diamond, etc wich are mastercard exclusives btw and i be force to buy it to play.. lucky me got thouse lvl 4 for few try )

Question Draecke, how much pdef gives a bloody set +8 over a normal eternal set +8? in % or in an example, like normal iss buff

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-21-2016, 12:54 AM   #19
Compton
Elpy

Compton is an unknown quantity at this point

accidental response.
Compton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 01:59 AM   #20
Kei
Grave Predator

In the end of the day tanks is one of the cheapest core pvp character to gear up in this game that's why I'm playing this class if not I'll be playing yul/dagger as well XD and honestly like you mentioned I would rather be a midgeared tank who has knowledge about this class than the other way around. Bloody +8 and Dark +8 provides the same pdef and back to your question Bloody +8 and Normal +8 has a difference of around 400-500 pdef with full buffs. And bottomline is for PvE if you're a tank and you're a person who can provide different gears for PvE and PvP and have the adena to change setup every time go for it but if you're a cheap 4ss like me be in a cp with stacked dds or at least join a cp and let them carry you in PvE and remember a tank without a cp is a lonely tank can't fully enjoy playing tank if you're gonna play with random lineup in pvp :P