Lineage II Forums  
Old 02-11-2017, 09:59 PM   #41
Rodah
Heathen Knight
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
Posts: 697
Rodah is on a distinguished road
Default Re: best pve tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggy View Post
Probably out of the question for most, but at your gear levels draeke, would you be able to pull off a light armor set and do more damage? Im not exactly aware of what you mighty lose by wearing light, but you would gain the missing p attack, and pick up other goodies like the skill reuse.
I have a MW Vesper Noble Set as well. On my Tyrr it gave me slightly less P.Attack than a +8 Bless r95 Light Set. Never tried it on my Tank. Also, it's important to remember that you can't even equip a Bloody Light Set on a Tank.

@ 102 Hvy Armor Mastery gives roughly 7k HP and 3k PDef to your base. Full buffed those numbers are going to be higher.

I suppose it could work if you are super stacked like Draecke.
__________________
105 Maestro / 104 Eva's Templar / 80 SWM / 80 Adv
Rodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 12:42 PM   #42
Keoz
Thunder Wyrm
 
Keoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 256
Keoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: best pve tank

If crafting a MW Vesper is doable I might try it just because Vesper is classic for L2 ^^

It would also improve my Kalios duo time, baby steps XD

Question here: I started looking for it, there's a MW Vesper BP? Or only the rest set can be MW?
__________________
Bartz | Kaiser Knight - Keoz | Sigel Hell Knight Lvl 103 /// Othell Adventurer Lvl 100

Last edited by Keoz; 02-12-2017 at 01:15 PM.
Keoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 02:14 PM   #43
Rodah
Heathen Knight
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
Posts: 697
Rodah is on a distinguished road
Default Re: best pve tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keoz View Post
If crafting a MW Vesper is doable I might try it just because Vesper is classic for L2 ^^

It would also improve my Kalios duo time, baby steps XD

Question here: I started looking for it, there's a MW Vesper BP? Or only the rest set can be MW?
It's reasonably easy to craft but I am a dwarf so there is that. Just to give you a rough idea of the cost, it took me between 20-30 attempts to get a rare craft. You will need to make the entire set MW to get the full bonus. Each piece gives an extra bonus (ex. gaiters give +1.01% P.Attack/P.Def). The upside to this is that you will have plenty of EAS, GEAS, and BEAS to make the set +6 from crushing all the standard Vesper pieces you craft . I think the total cost to make a +6 Masterworks Vesper Noble Set 3x120 is between 4-6b. The biggest expenditure will be the Vesper Noble Stones. If you have tons of Oly tokens you are good but if you have to buy them it could get pricey.

Additionally, it seems Vesper Noble is the only set where you can get all the MW bonuses plus the actually set bonus. After you craft your complete set and varnish it the BP will be "bugged" until you also make the set Noble.

EDIT: Keep in mind there are no single OE piece bonuses for s80 and under. You can get the +6 Set Bonus which is nice but you will lose the other bonuses (assuming you are using an OE R set). This isn't a problem except for the crit rate bonus from gaiters. If you are stacked it won't matter as you should be at 500 regardless; just something to keep in mind.
__________________
105 Maestro / 104 Eva's Templar / 80 SWM / 80 Adv
Rodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 08:35 PM   #44
Draecke
Baylor
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 7,424
Draecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: best pve tank

just make sure to always use turtle bufs as that boost crit rate / pdef & patt - every lil bit helps
Draecke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 05:21 AM   #45
Pleistoros
Purgatory Shadow
 
Pleistoros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bucharest
Posts: 634
Pleistoros is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: best pve tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draecke View Post
hehe this love event made for even funnier stats and I'm still going el cheapo style aka not using any serious boost items lolz

https://i.imgsafe.org/bb2ca08f0c.jpg
Holly mother of #@%$@, Geezzz... Draecke...500 000 patack on tank its an abomination ffs.
__________________
Lle naa haran e' nausalle!
Pleistoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 02:22 PM   #46
Draecke
Baylor
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 7,424
Draecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: best pve tank

lol tank dps on Valakas which is really nothing compared to our titans with ~32Mil pet hit but still.. even the panther has funny crits

https://i.imgsafe.org/0877745a60.jpg


ps, Apex ally no way you guys out dps our CC like ever lmao bugged game.
Draecke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 07:08 PM   #47
LemonPledge
Elpy
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 11
LemonPledge is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: best pve tank

If you guys had the option of removing an argument on your weapon which has 15% active reflect skill and changing it for 15% critical damage would it be worth it?

Bearing in mind it would stack with my giants critical damage but losing that augment would be daft imo.

or is it worth just trying to invest into a new pve weapon and getting the passive critical damage on that?

Last edited by LemonPledge; 02-24-2017 at 07:21 PM.
LemonPledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 07:58 PM   #48
Keoz
Thunder Wyrm
 
Keoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 256
Keoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: best pve tank

Chill out, what are you stacking for that CritDmg?

You are bugged somehow :P
__________________
Bartz | Kaiser Knight - Keoz | Sigel Hell Knight Lvl 103 /// Othell Adventurer Lvl 100
Keoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 08:46 PM   #49
Draecke
Baylor
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 7,424
Draecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: best pve tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonPledge View Post
If you guys had the option of removing an argument on your weapon which has 15% active reflect skill and changing it for 15% critical damage would it be worth it?

Bearing in mind it would stack with my giants critical damage but losing that augment would be daft imo.

or is it worth just trying to invest into a new pve weapon and getting the passive critical damage on that?
depends on what your weapon is, I actually use a high oe bless apo with passive reflect and Hp/Haste HP set up for PVP and an actual PVE Cutter with passive crit damage augment Patt/Crit damage for PVE.. for PVP even a Tauti 1h axe is fine
Draecke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 08:50 PM   #50
Draecke
Baylor
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 7,424
Draecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: best pve tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keoz View Post
Chill out, what are you stacking for that CritDmg?

You are bugged somehow :P
True Vanguard ftw my friend, that and knowing how to stack damage - have posted it many times before, every little thing helps
Draecke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 10:30 PM   #51
LemonPledge
Elpy
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 11
LemonPledge is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: best pve tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draecke View Post
depends on what your weapon is, I actually use a high oe bless apo with passive reflect and Hp/Haste HP set up for PVP and an actual PVE Cutter with passive crit damage augment Patt/Crit damage for PVE.. for PVP even a Tauti 1h axe is fine
I don't usually pvp that much but i always have access to a tauti 1h axe for that..but i use a +12 Pve cutter with 15% active reflect on it, Crit dmg/p.atk SA's...Dunno if it's really worth sinking another 32b+ on another wep then sinking more money into it for a chance of getting 15% crit dmg...seems like a waste of an aug to just remove it..but then again its sitting on my wep not doing anything pve wise..
LemonPledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 12:46 PM   #52
Rodah
Heathen Knight
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
Posts: 697
Rodah is on a distinguished road
Default Re: best pve tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonPledge View Post
I don't usually pvp that much but i always have access to a tauti 1h axe for that..but i use a +12 Pve cutter with 15% active reflect on it, Crit dmg/p.atk SA's...Dunno if it's really worth sinking another 32b+ on another wep then sinking more money into it for a chance of getting 15% crit dmg...seems like a waste of an aug to just remove it..but then again its sitting on my wep not doing anything pve wise..
You should get rid of that Aug and get +15% CD. I realize it is a semi rare aug (keep in mind it isn't even max reflect of 20%) but you are nerfing your damage by keeping it.

Even in a PvP clan XPing still comprises 90%+ of gameplay. I'm not sure if you are a pvper but you obviously want to do more PvE Dmg (why else would u be posting in this thread) so pull the trigger and get a PvE Aug .
__________________
105 Maestro / 104 Eva's Templar / 80 SWM / 80 Adv
Rodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 02:23 PM   #53
D3VASTATlON
Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 161
D3VASTATlON is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: best pve tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodah View Post
I have a MW Vesper Noble Set as well. On my Tyrr it gave me slightly less P.Attack than a +8 Bless r95 Light Set. Never tried it on my Tank. Also, it's important to remember that you can't even equip a Bloody Light Set on a Tank.

@ 102 Hvy Armor Mastery gives roughly 7k HP and 3k PDef to your base. Full buffed those numbers are going to be higher.

I suppose it could work if you are super stacked like Draecke.
why vesper noble and not morai? if this info is correct wouldnt morai offer higher p atk? http://l2vaevictis.forumotion.net/t6...sterwork-items or is it because of the pdef makes it not viable?
D3VASTATlON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 02:51 PM   #54
Rodah
Heathen Knight
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
Posts: 697
Rodah is on a distinguished road
Default Re: best pve tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3VASTATlON View Post
why vesper noble and not morai? if this info is correct wouldnt morai offer higher p atk? http://l2vaevictis.forumotion.net/t6...sterwork-items or is it because of the pdef makes it not viable?
Masterworks Vesper Noble total P.attack bonus is 13.61%.

Additionally, as was stated earlier in this thread, Vesper Noble (and maybe Dynasty Stage II) is the only current armor which can have BOTH the full set bonus + MW bonus from ALL pieces (BP is the issue on other sets).
__________________
105 Maestro / 104 Eva's Templar / 80 SWM / 80 Adv
Rodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 10:28 AM   #55
Nick.BG
Hungry Spirit
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 121
Nick.BG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: best pve tank

Is it worth to try bless +6 Eternal Shield?

Or not so much? How much is the PDef of +6 Blessed Eternal Shield, anyone got an idea?
Nick.BG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 08:54 PM   #56
Draecke
Baylor
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 7,424
Draecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: best pve tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick.BG View Post
Is it worth to try bless +6 Eternal Shield?

Or not so much? How much is the PDef of +6 Blessed Eternal Shield, anyone got an idea?
every lil bit helps so yes but you gotta put it in perspective aka only do so if you have nothing more important to improve..

simple example: abun lvl1 or longing or diamond 4 (minimum is lvl3) is way more important
Draecke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 02:26 AM   #57
orvanon
Elpy
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 21
orvanon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: best pve tank

How can i increase my survivability?

just finished masterwork+6 set

i have abu lvl 1, diamond 4, insanity, rulers belt.

still getting hit for too much in HB and cant make the hp back with leech.
orvanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 07:54 AM   #58
KingBuff
Imperial Warlord
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Milky Way
Posts: 1,487
KingBuff is on a distinguished road
Default Re: best pve tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by orvanon View Post
How can i increase my survivability?

just finished masterwork+6 set

i have abu lvl 1, diamond 4, insanity, rulers belt.

still getting hit for too much in HB and cant make the hp back with leech.
You didn't give enough info really. What's your level? Which mobs in hb? What weapon do you have?
__________________
HitsHard 102 Titan/101 GK/80 DC/80 ES (New main)
KingBuff 101 ISS/100 HK (Box) 10/15/2008
KingBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 08:24 AM   #59
orvanon
Elpy
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 21
orvanon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: best pve tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuff View Post
You didn't give enough info really. What's your level? Which mobs in hb? What weapon do you have?
lvl 102
Bloody Ama+12 (not setup for pve)
Phantasmal 1st area

tell me what else you need regarding info
orvanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 03:00 PM   #60
Rodah
Heathen Knight
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
Posts: 697
Rodah is on a distinguished road
Default Re: best pve tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by orvanon View Post
lvl 102
Bloody Ama+12 (not setup for pve)
Phantasmal 1st area

tell me what else you need regarding info
7s or Anakim and B.Anthy will give more PDef. I don't know; it seems like it's your damage which might be hurting you more than PDef. Ridge mobs hit hard. I have a PvE Set on my Tyrr (plus all the other stuff I mentioned earlier) and I still get hit pretty hard at times.

The DD setup on a tank isn't easy. A good weapon is only one piece of the puzzle. Think about it; double crit augs + Lindy is 40% critical damage. Do you have any of these? Bless Valakas? Rulers Ring and/or Earth Wyrm? You can't just make a +6 Masterworks and assume that's it.

Having said all that, if you want to cut corners and hunt in HB/GC you could always go 4/5 or 5/5 Earth Resist. Just don't even look in the direction of GoS .
__________________
105 Maestro / 104 Eva's Templar / 80 SWM / 80 Adv
Rodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 AM.