Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > News and Information > News Archive

Login

News Archive Older news and announcements archived here.

Old 12-04-2017, 08:27 PM   #41
Iamweinerthezon
Imperial Warlord

Iamweinerthezon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lineage II: Salvation Preliminary Patch Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hime View Post
Hello Adventurers!

The much awaited preliminary patch notes are now available here!

These patch notes are subject to change as we verify additional information that is and isn't included in the preliminary patch notes.

Happy reading. If you need additional clarification, please let us know and we'll do our best to accommodate.
Hi Hime,

Simple question for you. Very important, if you could please provide an answer.

Will the hard cap for experience points to lvl from 105 to 106 be adjusted? Right now it is near impossible unless we get 400,000 bait and fish for 2797 Hours 33 Minutes and 15 Seconds. I don't see any information about this in the patch notes.

Thanks,
Old 12-04-2017, 08:41 PM   #42
Movtar
Elpy

Movtar is an unknown quantity at this point

"- All quest progress and associated quest items will be deleted during the update on Thursday, Dec 7th"

Soooo... 7 december 2016 was a wednesday Please explain.
Old 12-04-2017, 10:04 PM   #43
smokas
Dark Lord

smokas is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hime View Post
Hello Adventurers!

The much awaited preliminary patch notes are now available here!

These patch notes are subject to change as we verify additional information that is and isn't included in the preliminary patch notes.

Happy reading. If you need additional clarification, please let us know and we'll do our best to accommodate.
so we wait 1 week to test what? korean fixs ,still miss a lot info .about ertheia Alchemy updates etc ...
Old 12-05-2017, 03:05 AM   #44
Jackl
Grave Predator

Jackl is an unknown quantity at this point

Forum coming down on the 7th. Patch changes listed as Thursday, Dec 7th.

Getting either a delayed maintenance or two downtimes boys. Condolences HKs.
Old 12-05-2017, 03:13 AM   #45
AnotherSorc
Imperial Warlord

AnotherSorc is an unknown quantity at this point

Feoh Skill "Elemental Harmony": What is that ?
What about Agathion-Changes?

Chaotic patchnotes can't understand what took you so long to release this.

PS: You should NEVER have removed the Clan Cloaks, it's a big mistake to again miss an opportunity to please the upset community with something that is really "free to play".

PPS: After reading the patchnotes I do not believe Salvation will pull a lot of players back to L2, therefore: Merge NAIA & FREYA, Naia is already a wasteland.
Old 12-05-2017, 03:43 AM   #46
Pleistoros
Heathen Knight

Pleistoros is an unknown quantity at this point

Soo, it took you months to translate and adapt but still fail to explain what new skils do.Wtf is wrong with you?
Soo,what about clan/castle/fortress items shopping list?What about clan skils? Aghation system?

As I see...with this preliminary patch instead you clearify info you throw us in deep confusion.
Old 12-05-2017, 05:09 AM   #47
Maileen
Elpy

Maileen is an unknown quantity at this point

WTF??? why the hell is faction Uworldly Visitors move from lvl 100 to 102, even now dont have many ppl good eq for it, low ppl going this and you doing it more harder? next faction will be dead...
Old 12-05-2017, 06:08 AM   #48
Martin K
Tainted Zombie

Martin K is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherSorc View Post
Feoh Skill "Elemental Harmony": What is that ?
What about Agathion-Changes?
When you change elemental stance you get a few second buff that increases elemental attack
Old 12-05-2017, 06:29 AM   #49
Yidao
Zaken

Yidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faely View Post
... What i want to know is what the h is "overrose dignity"

overrose changed to overload's? still cant find any skill with such a name...
오버로즈 디그니티 should be "Overlord's Dignity":
http://lineage2.plaync.com/board/upd...ticleId=627025

But the NCKorea Powerbook Wikipedia doesn't know either what that's supposed to be; it only gives the January 18 patch notes as search result:
http://search.plaync.com/lineage2/in...neage2&pos=lnb

So that's obviously an editing error in the original patch notes. Neutron will have to get back to the developers and ask them what they wanted to say.
Old 12-05-2017, 06:35 AM   #50
Jagtiger
Purgatory Shadow

Jagtiger is an unknown quantity at this point

Hime what are you guys planning to do with the terrible drop rate in your server I have played in multiple official servers and ncwest is worst of them all in terms of drops and nothing else comes close
Old 12-05-2017, 07:38 AM   #51
Faely
Goblin Lord

Faely is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yidao View Post
오버로즈 디그니티 should be "Overlord's Dignity":
http://lineage2.plaync.com/board/upd...ticleId=627025

But the NCKorea Powerbook Wikipedia doesn't know either what that's supposed to be; it only gives the January 18 patch notes as search result:
http://search.plaync.com/lineage2/in...neage2&pos=lnb

So that's obviously an editing error in the original patch notes. Neutron will have to get back to the developers and ask them what they wanted to say.
I see the link and i'm like "oh this is gonna explain what that is" , then i open it and what i see is the Limit information on korea. Explaining nothing...
Old 12-05-2017, 07:43 AM   #52
Yidao
Zaken

Yidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of light

I was pointing out that this is not a translation error but an error in the original Korean patch notes. You need Neutron to forward your question to Nam Taek-rim. Over here nobody can answer it.
Old 12-05-2017, 08:06 AM   #53
Faely
Goblin Lord

Quote:
I was pointing out that this is not a translation error but an error in the original Korean patch notes. You need Neutron to forward your question to Nam Taek-rim. Over here nobody can answer it.
True that, but it's also an error of NCwest. Just like the rest of the crap translation and the "dates" written down in the patch notes. They didn't even bother fixing it, just copied korean text -> google translate -> pasted .

I honestly dont know how any of them are still employed. Just cuz this is a game doesn't mean they can just slack off on their responsibilities. If that was any other company, all of them should have been fired months ago..

In september they told us they "Might" give us patch notes, sure i understand they were trying to figure out what features are gonna be added to our NA version and what not, but after 3 months this is the patch notes that we get? That's just BAD work quality.

When i look at that document it just looks like the sloppy work of some 1st semester university 2nd rate student, 0 documentation done during their work process and then at the end of the period just thrown in all the draft notes they have compiled with a single thought "It's just l2.. who gives a S about quality work"

Last edited by Faely; 12-05-2017 at 08:25 AM.
Old 12-05-2017, 08:59 AM   #54
Nymphadorae
Hungry Spirit

Nymphadorae is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixa View Post
Who signed to give a go to such poorly translated and badly presented patch notes?!?
So we get the fast-lane for lv1-85 or not? Any changes to fishing (besides the elcyum change)?
Atm probably we won't get the Balthus Knight progression

http://boards.lineage2.com/showpost....51&postcount=1

These patch notes are missing a lot of information maybe we'll get lucky and get the final ones during Salvation maintenance (or after )
Old 12-05-2017, 09:07 AM   #55
Yidao
Zaken

Quote:
True that, but it's also an error of NCwest. Just like the rest of the crap translation and the "dates" written down in the patch notes. They didn't even bother fixing it, just copied korean text -> google translate -> pasted .

I honestly dont know how any of them are still employed. Just cuz this is a game doesn't mean they can just slack off on their responsibilities. If that was any other company, all of them should have been fired months ago..

In september they told us they "Might" give us patch notes, sure i understand they were trying to figure out what features are gonna be added to our NA version and what not, but after 3 months this is the patch notes that we get? That's just BAD work quality.

When i look at that document it just looks like the sloppy work of some 1st semester university 2nd rate student, 0 documentation done during their work process and then at the end of the period just thrown in all the draft notes they have compiled with a single thought "It's just l2.. who gives a S about quality work"
Your analysis is correct. As Hime has pointed out before, the Korean Lineage 2 department doesn't send them compiled/comprehensive patch notes for the export version but simply all the individual patch notes listed [here] that come between the two cut-off points (in the case of Salvation: autumn 2016 and May 31, 2017). Then somebody who is neither familiar with English, nor Korean, nor the game just runs them through Google Translator. The "r" for "l", as in "Overrose" instead of "Overlord", is a dead giveaway

The interesting question here is, after former Chief Localization Manager Nam Taek-rim was promoted to Global Producer, has there been appointed a new Localization Manager at the headquarter in Seoul? Or does the honorable Mr. Nam put together the overseas version whenever he finds a few minutes between his main duties (working on the male Ertheias etc.)?

Neutron could greatly reassure the community of the continuing existence of Lineage 2 if he could post the staff roster for L2@NCKorea
Old 12-05-2017, 09:14 AM   #56
Faely
Goblin Lord

Quote:
Your analysis is correct. As Hime has pointed out before, the Korean Lineage 2 department doesn't send them compiled/comprehensive patch notes for the export version but simply all the individual patch notes listed [here] that come between the two cut-off points (in the case of Salvation: autumn 2016 and May 31, 2017).
I know that, but if you are gonna present something for someone, the proper work should be done and a compilation of the information should be done.
Putting on 1 page "new skill #1 was added and it gives blah blah blah" and then on the next page "skill #1 was changed to blah blah blah" it's just not the correct way of doing it in my opinion... and thats only for the skills, there was so much more mistakes.

My favorite one is
Quote:
- When the Faction Level for the Mother Tree Guardians is 7 or higher...
When i read that i was like "nice way to smuggle in the info that EV faction lvl was increased" and the actual announcement of that
Quote:
- When the Faction Level for the Mother Tree Guardians is 7 or higher
was on the next page.. nice order!!
Old 12-05-2017, 09:16 AM   #57
MarceloBR
Elpy

MarceloBR is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Lineage II: Salvation Preliminary Patch Notes

And the Healers are still abandoned !!!

P-def useless for both PVE and PVP. There is no decent weapon like Kelbin, Tauti, etc.
Lakis Disck skill is useless, NOTHING! Except to spend mana like an open faucet. It would be best to add in lvl 99, Lumi, Dark Devour and Backfire in area.
Remembering that healer does not farm alone, does not have spoil, does not have overhit, so for this class entirely dependent on DD's, it should be better balanced in relation to the other classes. I am wrong?
Old 12-05-2017, 09:26 AM   #58
Vitellious
Purgatory Shadow

Vitellious is an unknown quantity at this point

These patch notes seem to be translated by some 12 year old asian kid using XCEL and Office 365.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:28 AM   #59
Asm0deus
Elpy

Asm0deus is an unknown quantity at this point

No 100% resurrection (level 5 of Angel's Resurrection) for Iss class? Bad news...
Old 12-05-2017, 09:32 AM   #60
Yidao
Zaken

Quote:
I know that, but if you are gonna present something for someone, the proper work should be done and a compilation of the information should be done.
Putting on 1 page "new skill #1 was added and it gives blah blah blah" and then on the next page "skill #1 was changed to blah blah blah" it's just not the correct way of doing it in my opinion... and thats only for the skills, there was so much more mistakes.
I totally agree, not only for reason's of "workman's honor" but also under very practical aspects. Until Cryo was removed, L2@NCWest had not only a Producer but also a Production Assistant (Juji). While the Producer was concentrating on plotting new and innovative ways to extract money from the players' pockets, the Production Assistant could handle things like the patch notes for new updates, in the process of compiling and working on them achieving a better understanding of the inner workings of the game. Juji's Lab was the result of that process.

Now we have only one Neutron. As former QA Lead he is also deeply familiar with the game. But the game constantly changes, and in between testing event item drop rates to combat conspiracy theories, calming the outrage over the Fishing Items Exchange Rate Adjustment and counting all the money that players insist on giving him, he obviously doesn't find the time to keep up with the latest developments, not to mention putting together proper patch notes. Since so far the headcount at the Lineage 2 departments in Seoul and Aliso Viejo has only ever been reduced, never expanded, there is no hope that the situation will improve. Simply put, it's a dying game