Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > General Discussion

Login

General Discussion Lineage II topics ranging from Aden to Elmore

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 02:43 PM   #1
Frexian
Elpy

Frexian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ea got shafted due to Pay2win, When will Ncwest will get shafted too?

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/dis...efront-ii.html

It is great to see some sort of public punishment for this kind of thing i hope this will someday apply to ncwest too, Anyway if L2 died i will never again play Ncsoft game.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:38 PM   #2
-i7-
Goblin Lord

-i7- is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Ea got shafted due to Pay2win, When will Ncwest will get shafted too?

"A few weeks ago it was revealed that EA was implementing algorithms of microtransactions in games to force their players to spend, players were disgusted, imagine the l2 players , where already killed with the free to play events, nerf adena drops, the drops of items are just craps, and the only way to participate in the event is now paying.

Just w8ing for geared ppl come here and say, "u can make all in game if u spend time in game, if u dont have time , became a cheater with visa credit card".

For me agree with the guy, and add, the all game has been broken with nc fail and troll logic."

I wrote this on http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=294306 topic.

It's great to see that some big companies still think about their customers and listen to them, and that there's still ethics on their part. Imagine if someone of this type heard us and knew that we have to spend at least 150 dollars per month in a 14-year MMORPG to be someone in the game and really have fun and have how try to participate in an olly or siege without taking only 1 hit .

They say: You can get everything in the game for free. Okay, where's the adena of the game? and I say normal people and not cheaters with a visa that has top items and can make lower level giants or superion. People do not accept a R grade char for a 101+ instances, you can not develop in the game without spending much because they have removed all the free to play of the game for you to evolve. Really the developers, cm's, gm's ,etcm's maybe not play this game to know how is going on.

The store favors those who have to spend a lot, and the events before events have turned off-sale that forces you to buy to participate or you are light years behind the cheaters. The ncfail tied both the p2w logic in the game that you have no where to escape without being forced to spend, where you have already seen 150 dollars in fishing baits and also the weather fails while fishing ....? Feel stolen, player sucker.

When you feel really progressing in the game without having to use a visa, and the game is giving pleasure and fun to play, then it is okay to spend something in the game, but when the company forces you to spend and ridiculously high prices for a game of pixels, it only makes it a trash, repetitive and shameful methodology for a company that does not go out of the same always just sucking the cheaters players.

Gratz Disney, Gratz EA players for mass protesting, and i hope EA as the big company that really listens and cares about its players and fair play, and as the news says: The public opinion is that with 70 euros they already pay enough for the game, gamers who do not shy away from spending, even more, money will get unfair gameplay advantages, called pay2win.
Old 11-21-2017, 12:05 AM   #3
zeia
Goblin Lord

zeia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ea got shafted due to Pay2win, When will Ncwest will get shafted too?

It’s a bad reputation for Ncsoft in the long run, Since they are Korean based company so it is likely they dont really care about Na~Eu~Sa...etc so i agreed with op to not play any ncsoft game again in the future.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:22 AM   #4
Miso
Tainted Zombie

Miso is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ea got shafted due to Pay2win, When will Ncwest will get shafted too?

Free to play BUT pay to win IS THE MODEL HARD WORKING ADULTS WANT. Ainít nobody got time to compete with jobless kids that play online games 20 Hours a day. Gogo NCsoft!
Old 11-21-2017, 03:32 AM   #5
Bumbaclot
Thunder Wyrm

Bumbaclot is an unknown quantity at this point

tl;dr

the answer for your question is: N.E.V.E.R
Old 11-22-2017, 05:33 PM   #6
-i7-
Goblin Lord

-i7- is an unknown quantity at this point

https://www.facebook.com/thebestofga...6175108765200/

Learn NC,jst learn.

Old 11-23-2017, 08:23 PM   #7
Ecksdee
Elpy

Ecksdee is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miso View Post
Free to play BUT pay to win IS THE MODEL HARD WORKING ADULTS WANT. Ain’t nobody got time to compete with jobless kids that play online games 20 Hours a day. Gogo NCsoft!
Couldn't disagree more, only morons wants to play games with zero competition, where you can get everything with a credit card or some cheats. 90% of the top players today were a bunch of nonfactors back when this game required skills and dedication, magics of the pay-to-win world! Typing down credit card numbers is so **** impressive! Sure we get older and have less time to spend on the game but that's why we have legit macro looping now so casual players could somewhat keep up with ''jobless kids'' as you call them. No need to make the game completely pay-to-win, nerf every single thing and turn 90% of the events into yet more pay-to-win ****.. Forcing players to spend money or be completely useless.

I mean look at WoW,, the micro-transactions are pretty much only cosmetics afaik and they even put a system where players can pay their monthly fees with in-game currencies and they seem to be doing just fine? Why are NC Soft so ******* greedy? L2 has been going downhill ever since GoD, killing any competition this game had with their ''give us all your money or you'll be pointless in this game'' approach.

PS: a video game is like anything else, if you actually put time into it, it should pay off.. L2 you could play 24/7 yet if you don't pay your life away you'll be completely pointless. Today games aren't as fun anymore, there's no more feeling of ''achieving'' something, no more competition, it's all about squeezing and squeezing the players to make as much money as possible before the game dies.
Old 11-25-2017, 02:34 AM   #8
Jackl
Grave Predator

Jackl is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Ainít nobody got time to compete with jobless kids that play online games 20 Hours a day. Gogo NCsoft!
Sure they could. Why do you think bots were so prevalent for so long? They allowed people to have lives instead of killing literal millions of mobs to level. They fact it took NCsoft almost 15 years to put in auto-macros into a super long term game is a joke. Even EvE gave AFK character progression years ago.
Old 11-25-2017, 11:23 AM   #9
YaVastaKasetofonGangsta
Elpy

YaVastaKasetofonGangsta is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecksdee View Post
Couldn't disagree more, only morons wants to play games with zero competition, where you can get everything with a credit card or some cheats. 90% of the top players today were a bunch of nonfactors back when this game required skills and dedication, magics of the pay-to-win world! Typing down credit card numbers is so **** impressive! Sure we get older and have less time to spend on the game but that's why we have legit macro looping now so casual players could somewhat keep up with ''jobless kids'' as you call them. No need to make the game completely pay-to-win, nerf every single thing and turn 90% of the events into yet more pay-to-win ****.. Forcing players to spend money or be completely useless.

I mean look at WoW,, the micro-transactions are pretty much only cosmetics afaik and they even put a system where players can pay their monthly fees with in-game currencies and they seem to be doing just fine? Why are NC Soft so ******* greedy? L2 has been going downhill ever since GoD, killing any competition this game had with their ''give us all your money or you'll be pointless in this game'' approach.

PS: a video game is like anything else, if you actually put time into it, it should pay off.. L2 you could play 24/7 yet if you don't pay your life away you'll be completely pointless. Today games aren't as fun anymore, there's no more feeling of ''achieving'' something, no more competition, it's all about squeezing and squeezing the players to make as much money as possible before the game dies.

very good points, but when logic ends, buisnes starts. ftp model is doomed to kill any game that's a fact. here we got strong interest by the community.
l2 isn't for ftp model since there are dedicated players for years and ages.
Besides that it has not a platform to introduce big changes those patches we get are nothing more than just an anagram of the 15 years old game.
in ftp, my concern, is that when new tier items are introduced to the game, should allow those lower tier items to the ftp player which never happens furthermore they just keep those items to maximize the life time of the game.

R.I.P l2 our dear one
Old 11-27-2017, 11:14 AM   #10
Chucksteak
Thunder Wyrm

Chucksteak is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Free to play BUT pay to win IS THE MODEL HARD WORKING ADULTS WANT. Ainít nobody got time to compete with jobless kids that play online games 20 Hours a day. Gogo NCsoft!
No, I disagree. If you need to P2W in a video game, where you can magnify your RL success by comparing it to a group that is collectively lesser than your RL peers, you most likely suffer from a philological disorder.

As you suggest, you prefer to compete your employed adult wallet against the "jobless kids" free time. In this regard you are merely recreating your RL settings in a fictional world and replacing your normal competition with "jobless kids". Perhaps you have an inadequacy, or unsatisfied narcotic tendency that this behavior satisfies.

In this isolated case, even should this kid play for 20 hours a day, he is unlikely to ever gain access to the gear and items that would be necessary for him/her to ever stand a chance at evenly competing with someone who may or may not have super OP items that are largely, if not entirely, L2 store exclusive.

No, what people want is a fair playing field. Where RL has no influence over in game progression. Yeah, I might lose to a kid who is spending every waking hour playing. At least then I know I have a chance to catch up and win. Everything that kid did/does, is/should be repeatable and doable for me in game. That's what people want.

To your point though, people would settle with items such as the vitality stuff. If that's as far as it went. Although its such a slippery slope and so ripe for corruption, its a good idea to allow a working person the opportunity to buy some thing to equalize the 20 hours a day one person can play to the 2-4 hours a day a working person has available to play.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:24 AM   #11
socketka
Remnant Diabolist

socketka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Ain't nobody got time to compete with adults without family and without other hobbies than some video game.

On the other side, thanks for being the cow. I can still log and laugh at you.
Closed Thread