Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 06:58 PM   #21
DarkWings™
Dark Lord

DarkWings™ is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Truly Free or Truly Paid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archii View Post
Why do that when they can sell you Vit replenishing pots as well as Vit maintaining pots?
I don't care about items that can help you level faster. I will reach the proper lvl eventually. I'm not in a hurry..
But the problem is with the items I WON'T get, EVER.
Destruction scrolls and imba items.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:02 PM   #22
PimpMyBow
Remnant Diabolist

PimpMyBow has a spectacular aura about themPimpMyBow has a spectacular aura about them

Problem is we can't get these shirts from the game, you can't get them from bosses or quests, so if you don't buy them, you will always be weaker than the ones who bought.
Which basically is Pay 2 Be Better.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:30 AM   #23
Dreamer
Beleth's Slave

Dreamer has a spectacular aura about themDreamer has a spectacular aura about themDreamer has a spectacular aura about them

I think its a bit too much overreaction.

Just compare this shirt with for example +4 R95 shirts which add CP too.
And since God +3 on con/str w/e isnt that much anymore.
Ofc it is a lil boost again, but do you rly think it is worth to spend $ on it instead to w8 till 95 and get a normal shirt?

Clean Seraph Shirt has 46pdef, so OE it to +4 then you will be at around the same pdef + 894CP.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:54 AM   #24
Uthe
Dark Knight

Uthe is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
I think its a bit too much overreaction.

Just compare this shirt with for example +4 R95 shirts which add CP too.
And since God +3 on con/str w/e isnt that much anymore.
Ofc it is a lil boost again, but do you rly think it is worth to spend $ on it instead to w8 till 95 and get a normal shirt?

Clean Seraph Shirt has 46pdef, so OE it to +4 then you will be at around the same pdef + 894CP.
I cannot agree with you since +3 to all stats + small boost in other stats + invincibility >>>>>>> ~1000 CP on R99 shirt. +/-1000 cp would mean somenthing before GoD but these days it's pffff.

The other thing is, that, if i'm not mistaken, l2 shop wasn't supposed to contain items that are not obtainable through normal game play
Old 03-22-2012, 05:07 AM   #25
Dreamer
Beleth's Slave

Dreamer has a spectacular aura about themDreamer has a spectacular aura about themDreamer has a spectacular aura about them

Ofc it is better, but not that much. And the invi has a 20h reuse timer. Not a big deal in pvp. Maybe changes some for the ppl that fight for Hero in Oly, but thats nothing.
So rly worth the cost?
Old 03-22-2012, 05:20 AM   #26
Vorpal
Elpy

Vorpal is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Re: Truly Free or Truly Paid?

ncsoft-sued-for-making-lineage-ii-too-darned-addicting

http://massively.joystiq.com/2010/08...ned-addicting/

NcSoft only cosmetic items please.
Just use the free game model Riot Games uses.

It's a perfect business model !

Only cosmetic skins & power xp.

Last edited by Vorpal; 03-22-2012 at 05:22 AM.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:20 AM   #27
Vojcek
Hungry Spirit

Vojcek is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWings™ View Post
I don't care about items that can help you level faster. I will reach the proper lvl eventually. I'm not in a hurry..
But the problem is with the items I WON'T get, EVER.
Destruction scrolls and imba items.
There are ways in game to obtain destruction scrolls. For example via Aden reconstruction npc you can get hero treasure chest and from it you can get it. I bought 4 hero chests so far, got 2x attribute crystal, 1x BEWR and 1x DEWR. Lucky? Maybe, but for sure there IS a way to obtain those items in game and it is FAR from impossible.
You guys really should stop taking it too seriously. NC West have to make some money to keep servers running and pay bills, they wont make it by selling trash in store. Destruction scrolls may bring some unbalance but as I said its not hard to obtain them in game too so the damage done isnt that big. And ammount players who can afford buying those scrolls from l2store isnt that big to affect server. I mean how many people are there who can spend thousands of dollars to make power shirt +10 with this almost impossible enchant rate? One or maybe two? Woo, world is gonna end!
Old 03-22-2012, 05:24 AM   #28
Vorpal
Elpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post

NcSoft only cosmetic items please.
Just use the free game model Riot Games uses.

It's a perfect business model !

Only cosmetic skins & power xp.
Just deleted all my level 85-90 chars. What a waste of time.

Back to life now.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:26 AM   #29
Uthe
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
So rly worth the cost?
No, not for me or you or ~90% of the servers population. Still, there are these 10% paying sick load of $ to win
Old 03-22-2012, 05:27 AM   #30
Tiferet1
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Tiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post

If you can't stop from playing, it's time to ask yourself something...
Old 03-22-2012, 05:33 AM   #31
Vojcek
Hungry Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthe View Post
No, not for me or you or ~90% of the servers population. Still, there are these 10% paying sick load of $ to win
And whether you like it or not, those are the ones you can thank to for being able to play here. People who casualy spend few bucks in store cant bring enough money for NC to maintain 5 servers running, pay all the staff or hire extra GMs as everyone wants to fight with bots. Those people dont work for pure enthusiasm, this is company like any other and has to make profit. Sad but true.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:43 AM   #32
Vorpal
Elpy

Aion - FREE TO PLAY - Same Business Model

http://us.ncsoft.com/en/news/press-r...nt-update.html

http://us.ncsoft.com/en/news/aion-as...ian-atlas.html

http://truly-free.aiononline.com/
Old 03-22-2012, 06:49 AM   #33
Uthe
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vojcek View Post
And whether you like it or not, those are the ones you can thank to for being able to play here. People who casualy spend few bucks in store cant bring enough money for NC to maintain 5 servers running, pay all the staff or hire extra GMs as everyone wants to fight with bots. Those people dont work for pure enthusiasm, this is company like any other and has to make profit. Sad but true..
Sorry, i don't owe anything to anyone, i pay my bills by my self.

What staff, GM's, improvements are you talking about? Those 2, that crashed the Naia, when they appeared on FI last week? Endless bot trains? Heavy lags all the time since GoD? Badly thought/hosted events? Bugs/glitches with every maintenance/update? The fact, that we don't even get the same update version as Korea? In the company i work for, this kind of staff incompetence wouldn't be tolareted...

The heavy pockets have not that much impact on income since there aren't that many of them. If NC wouldn't imbalance the gameplay with OP store content, annoy community and would actually focus on improving the servers, they could double the income - imho more people would actually use the store because "retail" instead of "worse than PS" experience
Old 03-22-2012, 07:10 AM   #34
Codiac
Tainted Zombie

Codiac is an unknown quantity at this point

If they just made it so players could sell NC coins in the AH and then other players could buy them then that would be great and even help combat against gold farmers, but nope.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:18 AM   #35
mixa
Remnant Diabolist

mixa will become famous soon enoughmixa will become famous soon enough

L2 was never about RMT (yes I know there were alot of adena sellers/buyrs and so called "ebayers" but still nothing came from NC directly), until GoD came and they adopted the Innova's buisiness model, which is total crap as it proved to be in many other MMORPGs that already failed badly.

L2 was better when there was no RMT, only the monthly fee.Ofcourse you can judge by that, most of the players who came around are not willing to pay2play in any form.The population growth is based exactly on that - free2play.
It's one thing to pay 15 bucks/month and get the same as everbody else, and completely different thing when some ppl can afford to pay 100-200-500-1000 bucks that will make 'em much stronger, than a player who still spends like 15 bucks/month.

But here comes the real question - "Is it really free to play" or its just "Free to fail"?.

Last edited by mixa; 03-22-2012 at 07:24 AM.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:37 AM   #36
Darma
Dark Knight

Darma is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixa View Post
"Is it really free to play" or its just "Free to fail"?.
It's really "Truly Pay2Win" !
Old 03-22-2012, 08:02 AM   #37
Bryce
Purgatory Shadow

Bryce is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrachaVonDrachen View Post
A business (also known as enterprise or firm) is an organization engaged in the trade of goods, services, or both to consumers. Businesses are predominant in capitalist economies, where most of them are privately owned and administered to earn profit to increase the wealth of their owners.

Contrary to the belief of some in this community they are not here to make a fair and happy place for players to game to their heart's content. The bottom line is they will do what is necessary to drive profits.

You only have this game to play because NCSoft wants to make money... that is the reality of this fantasy we play in.
Is this guy for real, in all his post it's obvious statements. WE KNOW IT'S ABOUT money genius, but by doing the destruction scrolls, and shirt all they will do is make this game about the money for both sides. Meaning that players without money won't be able to compete on the level. It has and will turn to just players with money, for like myself I am not willing to spend 2k to compete, because at the end of the day and game it's about how much damage you can do to monsters and other players. Players are leaving the numbers won't show it because bots are earning adena to buy time cards to get more powerful items. Give it more time and the server will be bots and payrs.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:32 AM   #38
revent
Hungry Spirit

revent is an unknown quantity at this point

900 cp is bad when all classes now deal 500-1k dmg from normal hits.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:38 AM   #39
mixa
Remnant Diabolist

mixa will become famous soon enoughmixa will become famous soon enough

You can't compare Seraph Shirt to the Power Shirt.The bonuses are totally different and +7 speed is alot, leave alone the base stats incrase...
Old 03-22-2012, 08:40 AM   #40
Vojcek
Hungry Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthe View Post
Sorry, i don't owe anything to anyone, i pay my bills by my self.

What staff, GM's, improvements are you talking about? Those 2, that crashed the Naia, when they appeared on FI last week? Endless bot trains? Heavy lags all the time since GoD? Badly thought/hosted events? Bugs/glitches with every maintenance/update? The fact, that we don't even get the same update version as Korea? In the company i work for, this kind of staff incompetence wouldn't be tolareted...

The heavy pockets have not that much impact on income since there aren't that many of them. If NC wouldn't imbalance the gameplay with OP store content, annoy community and would actually focus on improving the servers, they could double the income - imho more people would actually use the store because "retail" instead of "worse than PS" experience
If you can pay your bills then good for you but it kinda miss the point I was making. The point is that casual customers in L2 store like you wont generate enough money for NC soft to run their servers AND to pay their staff AND even hire more GMs to fight with bots so putting items that will make more people pay is the only way. Yes, bots are problem but even you had to see that there was some improvement since they hired more gms and actually started doing something. There is rly no problem to log anymore into Naia while before I couldnt log even at 14:00 cause server was already full of bots. Events we had since GoD were copy/pasted from Korea. Also I dont know about what lags you talk about, either invest into your connection or into your pc cause I didnt notice any special heavy lag you talk about. Yes, GoD is more PC demanding but that isnt rly problem of NC West, thats problem for Koreans to solve. Also what bugs/glitches with each maintaince you talk about? Sure there are some problems sometimes but again I didnt notice anything serious beside soulshot lag (which wasnt only on NC West servers) and /attack bug. And if you complain about not having same updates as Koreans - well what to say...move to Korea if you want the most recent updates. It simply takes time to implement it here.
Closed Thread