Login

General Discussion Lineage II topics ranging from Aden to Elmore

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 08:22 AM   #81
siulx
Grave Predator

siulx will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Truly Free or Truly Paid?

Ookami nice vid explains exactly why they should not ignore "Players A" that I refer in my post .
Old 04-11-2012, 07:21 AM   #82
mixa
Remnant Diabolist

mixa will become famous soon enoughmixa will become famous soon enough

Since a few weeks now we have legit way of buying adena ingame
It all started with the Extra Kartia passes, which you cannot sell in privite store but you can trade lol, ppl around me are making tons of adena by selling Extra Kartia passes all day.

I`m expecting to see epics in the L2Store soon
Old 04-11-2012, 08:37 AM   #83
Helix
Elpy

Helix is an unknown quantity at this point

Things I think would balance the game:
First: Remove All L2 equipable items that raise stats

Second: Revamp drops from higher quests / mobs / bosses. Make the drop rate for items like Enchant scrolls or top weapons very low. Resulting in lucky player method. To make money off of this you can put increase drop rate for XX Hours/XXDays.

Third: You can also sell cosmetic items that give no boosts but will allow players to look better because believe it or not a lot of people that play MMO's have a lot of vanity issues and will spend a good chunk of money just to be the player next to the gate keeper with a huge frickin hat that glows and shoots hotdogs out.

Fourth:Remove free option to subclass < Make them buy subclass cards. As it does not hurt however many classes 1 person had on their char. Which brings me to this point. If you fight someone and your class is wrong for fighting them then you can change it. <Strategy is good in pvp not who has the biggest guns. Lets see you fire that bazooka if you're asleep or stoned.

Fifth: You can add weird items to the shop like Teleport anywhere items. That will sell because everyone likes to save time as L2 Is addicting to some but they don't have much time to play. Equip a Staff of teleportation and go immediatly (But can not be used while flagged, And if used while in karma must be immobile for 1 minute.)

sixth: Another save time item that will get you some pretty big sales is transportation pets. Not pets that are super op **** power ops megatron look alike thunder thighs ITS OVER 9000 Patk. No just a pet that gets around towns fast or to their favorite fighting grounds.

seventh: Now I know this has been used in a few games but Take the shout function off as it is annoying anyway. But add a item that allows people to make 20 continent wide shouts per use. You wouldn't believe how much people want to be heard. And i'm sure you can see this by just walking into towns like Aden and seeing idiots spamming kartia parties and getting chat banned for it.

eight: I like the idea of guest passes games like DDO had this feature it is actually nice because if your game is as good as you think it is. People will make friends friends will buy passes to let their friends tag along for a good chance at a good item from a good boss. Like 1 Hour pass to run XXXX Quest that has a good item / boss. They can run it however many times they can for an attempt at a good item. Hopefully they have the increase drop potion I suggested earlier.

Reason why you can't do this: Well the server has been alive too long and people have spent hard money on +20+ weapons that you can't just take from them. So if you remove the shop items now it will just make a even more exclusive group of people who are too op and will never be challenged. Although, In the long run they will probably quit from not being challenged. So the items would eventually flush out. That being said I don't think this is a wound that can be closed. It's open and it's on a snowball effect The only way to do the things I said is to wipe the server refund everyones money and start over. But you took the whimsy road I hope nothing bad happens but it seems that is inevitable. You can stop it where it is though. And implement some things suggested. But you probably wont
Old 04-11-2012, 08:44 AM   #84
Conceited
Goblin Lord

Conceited is an unknown quantity at this point

I believe ncsoft said originally they wouldnt sell anything in the shop that would directly impact characters ie. items weapons etc? i could be wrong but i remember reading something similar to this, but then they brought out power shirts? with ridiculous stats when enchanted, amongst as mentioned destruction scrolls etc etc, ncsoft havent stayed true to there word and indeed have become greedy.

tis a bit sad.

AND LOL MIXA FROM L2DREAMS?
Old 04-11-2012, 09:50 AM   #85
Yunalesca
Antharas

Yunalesca is a jewel in the roughYunalesca is a jewel in the roughYunalesca is a jewel in the rough

Helix new to official? The 2nd and 3rd sugestions are prooving that.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:04 AM   #86
Tiferet1
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Tiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helix View Post
Fourth:Remove free option to subclass < Make them buy subclass cards. As it does not hurt however many classes 1 person had on their char. Which brings me to this point. If you fight someone and your class is wrong for fighting them then you can change it. <Strategy is good in pvp not who has the biggest guns. Lets see you fire that bazooka if you're asleep or stoned.
Subclass system is around for years, the old quest is still a bit costy. Would you like suggesting more game-changing paid features like this one?

Quote:
Fifth: You can add weird items to the shop like Teleport anywhere items. That will sell because everyone likes to save time as L2 Is addicting to some but they don't have much time to play. Equip a Staff of teleportation and go immediatly (But can not be used while flagged, And if used while in karma must be immobile for 1 minute.)
There is already one, it's called My Teleport Flags & Scrolls.

Quote:
sixth: Another save time item that will get you some pretty big sales is transportation pets. Not pets that are super op **** power ops megatron look alike thunder thighs ITS OVER 9000 Patk. No just a pet that gets around towns fast or to their favorite fighting grounds.
Wolves, striders, Awakened mounts. Other than that, do you want space warships too?
Old 04-11-2012, 10:32 AM   #87
KissThis
Purgatory Shadow

KissThis is an unknown quantity at this point

actually epic flying spaceships would be amazing, but actually what I really want is a Pick-up pet. I know is sounds stupid but I want a pet that doesn't take xp, picks up and splits like a normal player would in a 7 man party, random including spoil or whatever party is set too. and it cannot die, it automaticly picks up everything except herbs, doesn't have any other skills or uses other than picking up and its permanent. looking for this one in the L2 Store, willing to pay 2000 coin to remove pickup from my hotbars.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:45 AM   #88
Helix
Elpy

I won't be posting on here anymore due to ******* remarks on someone trying to better a situation. Thanks Tiferet1 and Yunalesca.

Last edited by Helix; 04-11-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:56 AM   #89
Sinno
Elpy

Sinno is an unknown quantity at this point

Seriously people? You actually think NCSoft Corporate or much less NCSoft West actually cares about your gaming experience or care to keep it "balanced"? Going Free to play was the last resort for them to even keep Lineage 2 online, and drain the last bit of money out of all your people, Don't expect it to be on more than a year or two more.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:06 AM   #90
Tiferet1
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Tiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissThis View Post
actually epic flying spaceships would be amazing, but actually what I really want is a Pick-up pet. I know is sounds stupid but I want a pet that doesn't take xp, picks up and splits like a normal player would in a 7 man party, random including spoil or whatever party is set too. and it cannot die, it automaticly picks up everything except herbs, doesn't have any other skills or uses other than picking up and its permanent. looking for this one in the L2 Store, willing to pay 2000 coin to remove pickup from my hotbars.
The pick-up pet thing is amazing, I recall seeing something similar in Atlantica Online, it took automatically some loot from the defeated enemies and was a pay-to-have feature.

Quote:
I won't be posting on here anymore due to ******* remarks on someone trying to better a situation. Thanks Tiferet1 and Yunalesca.
I can't understand why you're so butthurt when:

-reminded that some of your suggestion were redundant;
-reminded that some of your suggestion were game-breaking more than a stupid shirt with crappy chances to be enchanted.

And I didn't even buy the Power Shirt, I'm not interested in such items.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:16 AM   #91
Yunalesca
Antharas

Yunalesca is a jewel in the roughYunalesca is a jewel in the roughYunalesca is a jewel in the rough

Really, you make sugestions so the game becomes more grindfull, that scares people away and put pay2win sugestions which is already the big deal around here.

That subclass sugestion is a pay2win feature wether u like it or not. hint*hint* TAUTI.

Go figure.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:32 AM   #92
Tiferet1
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunalesca View Post
That subclass sugestion is a pay2win feature wether u like it or not. hint*hint* TAUTI.

Go figure.
Am I missing something about Tauti? O.o Or are you talking about the Light/Darkness thingie for castles?
Old 04-11-2012, 02:30 PM   #93
Yunalesca
Antharas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiferet1 View Post
Am I missing something about Tauti? O.o Or are you talking about the Light/Darkness thingie for castles?
Festival of Chaos. only subclasses can enter this new "oly", it's the replacement for TW.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #94
Tiferet1
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunalesca View Post
Festival of Chaos. only subclasses can enter this new "oly", it's the replacement for TW.
Aaaaah right. I thought it was for main classes without 4th class transfer, it will be insteresting... And the (reused) name is always cool!
Old 04-11-2012, 09:51 PM   #95
Helix
Elpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiferet1 View Post
The pick-up pet thing is amazing, I recall seeing something similar in Atlantica Online, it took automatically some loot from the defeated enemies and was a pay-to-have feature.

I can't understand why you're so butthurt when:

-reminded that some of your suggestion were redundant;
-reminded that some of your suggestion were game-breaking more than a stupid shirt with crappy chances to be enchanted.

And I didn't even buy the Power Shirt, I'm not interested in such items.
No matter ill just keep reporting you with harassment / rude. Eventually they will remove you. Then you might learn how to talk to people.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:06 AM   #96
mixa
Remnant Diabolist

mixa will become famous soon enoughmixa will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinno View Post
Seriously people? You actually think NCSoft Corporate or much less NCSoft West actually cares about your gaming experience or care to keep it "balanced"? Going Free to play was the last resort for them to even keep Lineage 2 online, and drain the last bit of money out of all your people, Don't expect it to be on more than a year or two more.
I should fully agree with this.There is no balance, there is no fairplay, there is jsut pay as much as you can to win, while NC makes some more money from L2 until it can.The plain truth.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:28 AM   #97
Piotress
Banned

Piotress has a spectacular aura about themPiotress has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
No matter ill just keep reporting you with harassment / rude. Eventually they will remove you. Then you might learn how to talk to people.
They don't remove people for being rude, and they did nothing in the way of harassment. If you cannot accept critcism from others then maybe it is better you do not post here anymore.

Oh, and they do not remove anybody, they issue infractions that are only temporary. Read the fourms rules before you go around reporting somebody for commenting on your suggestions.

Sounds to me like you just cannot accept having something you post be picked over by others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixa View Post
I should fully agree with this.There is no balance, there is no fairplay, there is jsut pay as much as you can to win, while NC makes some more money from L2 until it can.The plain truth.
This is all that matters to them, not what the players like, want or think.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:18 AM   #98
Thrillkill
Elpy

Thrillkill is an unknown quantity at this point

So your saying you like it better when only bots had good levels and everyone with good gear qqd it? If you can't buy xp boost stuff, then focus playing just one character. The game is way better now wired botted clans (rmt players) aren't choking off all the raids and good xp.
Closed Thread