Lineage II Forums  
Old 03-14-2017, 07:16 PM   #61
Draecke
Baylor

Draecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: best pve tank

what the above guys said: get more earth resist - my pve set up has me at 600+ on earth, fire & dark and 500+ wind, water & holy

other things to consider are
- always use Freya Art aka rose bufs
- fish stews STR
- turtle bufs - adds pdef & patt/crit rate
- 7s or Anakim for pdef + element attack boost
- a +7 Shiny or other type of Shirt
- venir talisman 14+
- STR+Patt head gear

btw on a PVE cutter there are basically only like 3 decent augments to get and a few semi ok ones:
- +15% p crit damage <- best
- +10% PVE damage
- +10% patt
- +70 Elemental Patt in combo with a decent 2nd value like STR or static patt boost (1256 or so is max)
this is assuming that you use another weapon with HP build for PVP aka for PVE the SA's should be p crit damage & patt

if you can afford it get on a buf stick +15% active p crit damage buf from Giants LS <- can be quite costly

PVE epics are:
Trasken - 20% crit damage
Ruler - 20% crit damage
Lindy
Bless Vally
Bless Anthy

get a blessed agathion for the soon 50 element patt/def boost as well +1 to all stats incl. CHA & LUC // or if you have that use the one from NC Store that adds 5% Patt on toggle

btw I will assume you have at least +15 STR dye set up and proper dual & sub class skills in combo with full on PVE AP

Last edited by Draecke; 03-14-2017 at 07:32 PM.
Draecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 10:34 PM   #62
KissThis
Purgatory Shadow

KissThis is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draecke View Post

btw on a PVE cutter there are basically only like 3 decent augments to get and a few semi ok ones:
- +15% p crit damage <- best
- +10% PVE damage
- +10% patt
- +70 Elemental Patt in combo with a decent 2nd value like STR or static patt boost (1256 or so is max)
this is assuming that you use another weapon with HP build for PVP aka for PVE the SA's should be p crit damage & patt
Question about this actually. Would it be better to run with a PvE 1h Blunt as opposed to Cutter if you are attempting to solo with a boxes SoS buffer? I've seen some of the damage that you do on Valakas/Antharas and wondering if you use blunt. I don't think that damage is possible with a cutter, if it is just wow.
KissThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 03:59 AM   #63
Jurnaq
Hungry Spirit

Jurnaq is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
or if you have that use the one from NC Store that adds 5% Patt on toggle
What's that?
Jurnaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 06:43 AM   #64
smokas
Dark Lord

smokas is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissThis View Post
Question about this actually. Would it be better to run with a PvE 1h Blunt as opposed to Cutter if you are attempting to solo with a boxes SoS buffer? I've seen some of the damage that you do on Valakas/Antharas and wondering if you use blunt. I don't think that damage is possible with a cutter, if it is just wow.
its cutter, draecke hate blunts
smokas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 04:41 PM   #65
Rodah
Heathen Knight

Rodah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissThis View Post
OFC blunt with SoS would do more damage. However, it's one thing to box an SoS buffer at a raid and it's entirely different to drag one along as you hunt. What a ******* headache. Even if you get it lvl 101+ it is still a 1 shot at any 99+ hunting area.

EDIT: I can confirm that TWO end game Titans switched their Retris to Slashers because they were just sick and tired of dealing with SoS. Yes SoS is nice and I suppose if you are DEAD SET on solo leveling a tank then a 1h Blunt with SoS Box would be nice but it's not for everyone and it is a pain in the backside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurnaq View Post
What's that?
http://www.lineage2.com/en/news/stor...collection.php

Not tradeable so if you don't have one you'll have to wait till they are back in NC Store (may never be back TBH).
Rodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 07:33 PM   #66
Draecke
Baylor

Draecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the rough

what smokas & rodah said, I really do prefer cutter and hate having to box more chars then I need

ps, eventually the sos buf will get fixed - Tanks Improvement update is next on Korean dev list and might take it away or hopefully give us a lvl 103 version ^^
Old 03-16-2017, 02:13 PM   #67
KissThis
Purgatory Shadow

KissThis is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
what smokas & rodah said, I really do prefer cutter and hate having to box more chars then I need

ps, eventually the sos buf will get fixed - Tanks Improvement update is next on Korean dev list and might take it away or hopefully give us a lvl 103 version ^^
I can understand the annoyance of it being a titan. With good macros it can make it better but boxing 1 toon vs 2 is really a world of difference.
I hope they do fix it but I don't see them giving a 103 tank the same version of SoS, it would be OP just as it is now. The current version of SoS for 101+ tanks is good, but I understandably still like the benefits of the unawakened version better.
KissThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 07:03 PM   #68
crazyjeff09
Elpy

crazyjeff09 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im not really a forum poster guy, but just wanted to say thanks to Draecke and Rodah and all on this thread for pve str build tanks. I was able to build mine well enough to do k95 group as solo damage, with Iss box de-buffing only killing boss in 10-15 mins once reached.

i am lvl 100 SK
my gear is:

+6 r99 hvy set atk 120ele
+16 blessed apoc avenger( Death & Focus) no augment yet
+15 str -6dex dyes
crit rate hat
octavis shirt
rudolph
Aria bracelet +3 con
Longing
venir 8
+6 tw pvp belt
dia opal emer lvl 3 ruby lvl 2
+3 orfen soul
+3 coc pvp para
+3 istina neckalce
+4 baium
oly ring 60day

I am switching to hell knight at 101 and before i do atellia gludio kama99duo instances. but i am wandering if i'm too squishy to do them or is that not a factor?.What gear do i need in priority that is cheapest to improve my damage and ability to do those instances fast in a party? any help is appreciated.

Last edited by crazyjeff09; 03-26-2017 at 07:16 PM.
crazyjeff09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 11:09 AM   #69
irlumir
Tainted Zombie

irlumir is an unknown quantity at this point

crazyjeff
you will not survive with atack config and that gear on AF at 101 (party)
why blunt? you use sos? take you long to kill Kalio if you using sos, i see imposble to acomplish kama duo, if that´s the case
If you not using sos blunt is crap. Cutter way better

on 101 to tank AF party you will need as HK or ST with your armor and diamond

at least 120k HP

and achieve around 17-18k pdef

So yes on atack config with that gear you are squishy as hell XD

on 102+ things get a bit better

cheers
irlumir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 12:14 PM   #70
Nick.BG
Hungry Spirit

Nick.BG is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey,

I have a question My tank is HK and the gear I have atm is this:

+8 bless TW Heavy full ele
+5 Istina Shirt
+5 Monkey belt
Hair CON + M Def
+4 Anthy ear
+5 Bless Zaken
+5 Enh Octa Neck Warrior
+5 Ring of Creation
+4 QA Soul ring
Talis - Longing, Abu 1, Lilith, Venir 11
Cutter with Body/HP Soul and +2 CON augm
Jewels - Diamond 3, Pearl 3, Garnet 3, Ruby 3, Opal 3, Emerald 2
Dyes +15 CON
Turtle buff, Rudolph and Anakim agathions

Trying to make a full defensive build for my tank.

Question is if with this current gear I would be able to tank at AF and GC lower party mobs at level 100?

My future goals for now are to try get Anakim, +10 set and to bless my Anthy.

Last edited by Nick.BG; 03-28-2017 at 12:24 PM.
Nick.BG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:00 PM   #71
crazyjeff09
Elpy

crazyjeff09 is an unknown quantity at this point

Irlumir I don't use SOS on kartia, no need with attack build, can easily kill in 10mins without. i have like idk 60k patk with br and triggers without SOS. I am leveling one SOS for kama and epics, its not high enough lvl yet, but i have future ambitions. that is why i have blunt.
I saw that kei video. I thought I can replicate it.

So for Af, switch APs from patk and hidden shield skill to full Hp, + pdef and switch dual class patk trigger to pdef trigger? so in new update it will be full warrior tree switch to knights tree every day for af? to go 50khp- 90khp and like 13kpdef. Like you said not enough gear/levels.I will continue to look through this thread and continually add gear piece by piece.

nick tho would have the 120k hp looks like he can tank a bit better in af but still low gear and squishy.

thanks.
crazyjeff09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:03 PM   #72
Rodah
Heathen Knight

Rodah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjeff09 View Post
Im not really a forum poster guy, but just wanted to say thanks to Draecke and Rodah and all on this thread for pve str build tanks. I was able to build mine well enough to do k95 group as solo damage, with Iss box de-buffing only killing boss in 10-15 mins once reached.

i am lvl 100 SK
my gear is:

+6 r99 hvy set atk 120ele
+16 blessed apoc avenger( Death & Focus) no augment yet
+15 str -6dex dyes
crit rate hat
octavis shirt
rudolph
Aria bracelet +3 con
Longing
venir 8
+6 tw pvp belt
dia opal emer lvl 3 ruby lvl 2
+3 orfen soul
+3 coc pvp para
+3 istina neckalce
+4 baium
oly ring 60day

I am switching to hell knight at 101 and before i do atellia gludio kama99duo instances. but i am wandering if i'm too squishy to do them or is that not a factor?.What gear do i need in priority that is cheapest to improve my damage and ability to do those instances fast in a party? any help is appreciated.
Gratz on going for the Attack Build. As others have said, you will have a tough time in AF. You should focus on increasing either your raw PDef or your PvE Defense. You won't be able to switch up your AP easily after tomorrow so you are going to have to make a choice; if you want to focus on doing AF then switch to PDef/HP Set up. If you want to do do small Kama groups and solo/duo stick with attack set up.
Rodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 01:24 PM   #73
Keoz
Thunder Wyrm

Keoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I guess I'll share my experience too

101 HK here

I use a kind of mix AP setup, because I have both full HP and Rampage shield. My full PAtk on activation is around 30k w/o Rose. With Knight Harmo for AF, Gludio and tanking in general I have 90k HP and 12k PDef w/o Rose

I do K95 duo in 2 activations so around 12 min and have not much problems tanking Atelia, GC and even did Superion (ofc killing 1 by 1). Most of the time I play w/o Rose because I'm a cheap :P

Let's see how the new AP tree works for us ^^
Keoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 01:49 PM   #74
Draecke
Baylor

the new AP system will make it harder for those who do not get easily much SP farmed on a day so yeah let's see how that works out.

quick way for being more tanky just get a lot of mp elixers and have the shield block toggle perma on
Old 04-01-2017, 03:56 AM   #75
Keoz
Thunder Wyrm

Is perma toggle a problem? I use it for any instance that requires decent tanking, so anything 99+ basically minus Kama
Old 04-01-2017, 08:31 PM   #76
irlumir
Tainted Zombie

irlumir is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Keoz

Now seems mp drains faster than before, i dont know what is the reason, but seems focus shield is draining more mp than before.

But in general i also use perma toggel XD. Ofcourse +8 set or better is a must now.
irlumir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 09:00 AM   #77
Nick.BG
Hungry Spirit

Nick.BG is an unknown quantity at this point

Isn't it better to use for PvE 1h blunt cause of the crit dmg instead of 1h sword and its crit rate?

I bought one +12 Bloody Cutter today, but I am wondering if one day with Red Libra I switch it to Avenger if that could raise at least a little my PvE dmg?

I am not talking about SoS or something like that, just comparing crit dmg bonus from blunt and crit rate from the sword in general and all other equal stats.
Nick.BG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 06:40 PM   #78
Draecke
Baylor

if no SoS then deffi not, that is a little static crit damage boost and you will really benefit way more from having 500 crit rate..
Old 04-11-2017, 08:04 PM   #79
Keoz
Thunder Wyrm

Blunt vs Sword is about Accuracy vs Crit Rate. Unless SoS, there should not be Crit Dmg difference
Old 04-11-2017, 09:08 PM   #80
LemonPledge
Elpy

LemonPledge is an unknown quantity at this point

It's kinda like having 999999 p.atk and 0 accuracy..you can have all the p,atk in the game but if you can't actually hit anything with it what's the point in having it?

You'll do more damage critting constantly with a sword than you would critting 1 in every 6 hits with a blunt. Consistency is the key.
LemonPledge is offline   Reply With Quote