Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > Game Suggestions

Login


Game Suggestions Share your ideas for new or modified game features

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-20-2017, 12:34 PM   #21
.B.
Tainted Zombie
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 56
.B. is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Macro Botting: Do Something...

So NCWest implemented IN GAME system of Macro.
You don't like ok, it's your point of view. It's against the rules? Is not. So no point to insult ppl.

Your point of view can be the same of a person who played in Prelude, return now and say : "Omg what's that abuse of teleport from town function? Only people with money can teleport, game must be played running from town to town by feet"

Games evolve. Macro was given to HELP players, and give a legitimated alternative to illegal 3rd part programs.

You don't like, or can't use it? Fine. But there aren't reasons to insult.

Large mayority of players like macro system. And i hope they will improve it lately with more functions
.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:58 PM   #22
Trenshero
Remnant Diabolist
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,739
Trenshero is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Macro Botting: Do Something...

Sometimes the truth hurts.

Stating the truth != insulting.

I'm sorry you can't play the game without automating your characters. Don't cry and litter the thread with nonsense simply because what I state hurts your sensitive feelings. You know what I'm saying is true, otherwise you wouldn't go out of your way to defend your actions.

Macros were not redesigned to help players AFK XP. That is simply a loophole that was created, which "legit botters" are taking advantage of to reap many of the same benefits without fear of reprimand. They then defend it by yelling "in game function!" Whatever... It needs to be changed.

If you don't have the time to level up your own characters, by playing the game, then perhaps you should find an MMORPG that has "evolved" to cater to your casual playtimes.

Again, stop insinuating I'm incapable of macro botting. I'm not. I simply am unwilling to do it because it's botting; plain and simple.
__________________
All Characters Deleted.
I's Freeeee!
Trenshero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:02 PM   #23
Backstabb1
Thunder Wyrm
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 285
Backstabb1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Macro Botting: Do Something...

Macro's were designed to help players with less time to accomplish more while spending less time playing the game while also providing an alternative to just giving in and using 3rd party programs (main reason for macro's).

Allowing players to do other things while you do stupid faction quests on macro and whatnot is what is going to keep Lineage 2 alive in the long term. Macro's relieve some stress/pressure that this korean grind so graciously provides us, helps you save some of those countless hours for real life things.

You are cherry picking and giving us your own interpretation of what the purpose of these macros was for and I'm sorry but you are wrong. Thanks for your opinion but believe me 99.9% of the player base disagrees with you and macros are a GODSEND(THANKS JUJI).
Backstabb1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:30 PM   #24
Trenshero
Remnant Diabolist
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,739
Trenshero is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Macro Botting: Do Something...

The macros were never designed to bot characters. You're completely misrepresenting why they were added into the game.

Lie more.

Juji didn't create this macro system, BTW. Not sure why you're crediting him with anything.

Also, what is your cherry picked "definition" of alive? Servers were 85% of the players are AFK leveling toons or doing faction quests?

Again, the macro system was never designed for AFK botting. That is just a side effect of the changes they've made, which needed tweaking to squash this problem.

I don't expect players who bot with macros to agree with any solution to eliminate macro botting. Tell me something I don't already know, that is actually factual.

What the EU company has to say about the "legit botting":

Quote:
And I can add that we're not happy with ingame macros so we're negotiating possible changes in them with the devs
NCWest needs to follow suit.

If the system was designed to enable people to not play the game while XPing, then they would have made that quite clear when they released them.

Please point me to the source, any source from any company running an Official L2 Port, which states the macros were designed and intended for AFK XP, faction grinding, or any other reason. If you are so "right," then such a source should exist, and you probably know about it because you're telling me this as if it is a well-known fact. Give us this source, please... It will end the discussion immediately.

Don't ask me to take the biased opinion of a macro botter as fact, when he or she is doing nothing but trying to protect or legitimize gameplay that is obviously unintended.

At the moment, all I can see are tons of complaints (in and out of game) and a company running L2 saying they are trying to negotiate changes to macros to eliminate this situation...

It was done for convenience for other reasons (i.e. boxed buffers), not to AFK XP or run bot trains in XP spots that live players need or want. As I've stated, that is nothing but a loophole created by the changes, which players are taking advantage of.
__________________
All Characters Deleted.
I's Freeeee!

Last edited by Trenshero; 03-20-2017 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Because I Can...
Trenshero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:34 PM   #25
Jyrki
Spezion
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, Arizona.
Posts: 8,056
Jyrki is just really niceJyrki is just really niceJyrki is just really niceJyrki is just really nice
Default Re: Macro Botting: Do Something...

The easiest solution to this whole debate is just hardcode a finite end to a macro loop, say 30 minutes or 60 minutes or a maximum amount of times a macro can loop, etc.
__________________
Man, **** those Nova Guys.
Jyrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:46 PM   #26
Jyrki
Spezion
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, Arizona.
Posts: 8,056
Jyrki is just really niceJyrki is just really niceJyrki is just really niceJyrki is just really nice
Default Re: Macro Botting: Do Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenshero View Post
The macros were never designed to bot characters. You're completely misrepresenting why they were added into the game.

Lie more.

Juji didn't create this macro system, BTW. Not sure why you're crediting him with anything.

Also, what is your cherry picked "definition" of alive? Servers were 85% of the players are AFK leveling toons or doing faction quests?

Again, the macro system was never designed for AFK botting. That is just a side effect of the changes they've made, which needed tweaking to squash this problem.

I don't expect players who bot with macros to agree with any solution to eliminate macro botting. Tell me something I don't already know, that is actually factual.

What the EU company has to say about the "legit botting":



NCWest needs to follow suit.

If the system was designed to enable people to not play the game while XPing, then they would have made that quite clear when they released them.

Please point me to the source, any source from any company running an Official L2 Port, which states the macros were designed and intended for AFK XP, faction grinding, or any other reason. If you are so "right," then such a source should exist, and you probably know about it because you're telling me this as if it is a well-known fact. Give us this source, please... It will end the discussion immediately.

Don't ask me to take the biased opinion of a macro botter as fact, when he or she is doing nothing but trying to protect or legitimize gameplay that is obviously unintended.

At the moment, all I can see are tons of complaints (in and out of game) and a company running L2 saying they are trying to negotiate changes to macros to eliminate this situation...

It was done for convenience for other reasons (i.e. boxed buffers), not to AFK XP or run bot trains in XP spots that live players need or want. As I've stated, that is nothing but a loophole created by the changes, which players are taking advantage of.
You're arguing based on your interpretation of the definition of something, which is nothing more than your opinion in the matter... You're entitled to your opinion on the matter, but honestly by most accepted definitions of what a 'Bot' is (Inside and Outside the realm of gaming), you are simply incorrect.... but personally, I don't give a ****, lol.

That being said, I find the whole Auto-Macro'ing of XP pretty lazy and I think was a poorly implemented addition to the game that is being used for purposes outside of its intended usage, but NcSoft/West have already come out and condoned it's newfound purpose...soooo, we're stuck with it.

Also - Not sure where you are running into so much issue with it, but frankly it has rarely, if at all impacted my gameplay to-date, but all the best XP spots I have done, this is a non-issue. Perhaps at the lower levels, but I can think of way more pressing issues with this game then people just being lazy.

Fancy Fishing Rod - Best investment I made for alt's to date. Either way, the only real solution I can see them adding that would ease a large portion of the anger behind this issue is hardcoding a limit to a macro loop, whether it be a time or simply a maximum amount of loops before it disables itself.
__________________
Man, **** those Nova Guys.
Jyrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:36 AM   #27
john1978abc
Tainted Zombie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Greece
Posts: 69
john1978abc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Macro Botting: Do Something...

Ever since I play this game I hear people qq about bots. Now bots are almost extinct you qq about macros..... Stop living in the past, bots don't exist anymore. You don't like the afk people that XP with macros? Flag and kill them.

As for Jyrki's comment, I aggree. Macro looping can be limited to a specific set of time instead of looping infinentelly.

Last edited by john1978abc; 03-21-2017 at 03:00 AM.
john1978abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 08:24 AM   #28
Trenshero
Remnant Diabolist
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,739
Trenshero is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Macro Botting: Do Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyrki View Post
You're arguing based on your interpretation of the definition of something, which is nothing more than your opinion in the matter... You're entitled to your opinion on the matter, but honestly by most accepted definitions of what a 'Bot' is (Inside and Outside the realm of gaming), you are simply incorrect.... but personally, I don't give a ****, lol.

That being said, I find the whole Auto-Macro'ing of XP pretty lazy and I think was a poorly implemented addition to the game that is being used for purposes outside of its intended usage, but NcSoft/West have already come out and condoned it's newfound purpose...soooo, we're stuck with it.

Also - Not sure where you are running into so much issue with it, but frankly it has rarely, if at all impacted my gameplay to-date, but all the best XP spots I have done, this is a non-issue. Perhaps at the lower levels, but I can think of way more pressing issues with this game then people just being lazy.

Fancy Fishing Rod - Best investment I made for alt's to date. Either way, the only real solution I can see them adding that would ease a large portion of the anger behind this issue is hardcoding a limit to a macro loop, whether it be a time or simply a maximum amount of loops before it disables itself.
Confused by conflicting statements. Also, seems like you expect people to care a lot more about your "opinions." /s

What's generally accepted is often dominated by bias towards what is generally most beneficial by the players that use it, and who are polled on the matter. It's mostly accepted that buying off the L2Store to sell in game for Adena is legit, but we all know it's practically RMT.

Bots are automated toons. I'm not sure what jacked up realm you're pulling this "convenient" definition out of. A toon playing it self with no player at the computer is a bot. The fact that this can be done using in-game macros is the problem.

The only reason why "what is a bot" is even in the discussion is because these people want to "bot" but avoid being known/stigmatized as botters.

You can't have your cake and eat it, too.

Bots do exist in this game. Both using programs and macros. If you actually played the game, you'd notice. (Not you, but the person after you.)
__________________
All Characters Deleted.
I's Freeeee!

Last edited by Trenshero; 03-21-2017 at 08:43 AM.
Trenshero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 06:56 PM   #29
Jacky
Remnant Diabolist
 
Jacky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,568
Jacky is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Macro Botting: Do Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenshero View Post
Half the XP spots in the game are taken up by characters AFK on Macros.

Make it so that Attack Skills and commands like /targetnext and /assist break Macros.

Then, people can box their buffers with less annoyance, but we won't have half the spots in XP zones taken up by AFK characters.
oO the conditions for everyone is same. Nobody stops you from using macros . Your point of view is comparable to something like "hey hes much smarter than me because he learning after college" please do something about it .
You dont find this ridiculous ? ) . Make some effort to have better results instead whining in forums lazy butt.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with macros at all.
Jacky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 08:52 PM   #30
Trenshero
Remnant Diabolist
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,739
Trenshero is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Macro Botting: Do Something...

You're making 0 sense.

Less than 0, if possible.

You're also acting like using Macros to bot is a dark art I cannot master, when it's quite trivial. My unwillingness to use it has nothing to do with a lack of capability. My issue with them has less to do with envy.

Again, make some sense.
__________________
All Characters Deleted.
I's Freeeee!
Trenshero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 02:24 PM   #31
Kahwi
Purgatory Shadow
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 619
Kahwi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Macro Botting: Do Something...

The way you claim by saying that all those who benefit from the macro and eventually leaving in afk mode in a certain way becomes an overstatement, an absurdity in you to say that they are bots (since you are generalizing as a whole)

The way certain players face the gameplay, and consequently the in-game mode (or routine) can not be changed.

If any player decides to fish 24/7, you could probably claim that the bot itself is even knowing that the fishing system is automated. This is how the character owner is or chose a PC for that purpose. Anyway, it's his or her in-game way of life.

In the same way I think of the players who benefit from the macro. After all, if there is, why would NC be allow to see something as harmful?

There are players who prefer to spend their fingers and do as usual, as there are also that suit their style of play with macros.

Since they were implemented, it does not have to be a rule to follow, like it or not.

Although, the idle time of certain players (or parties) as well as observing certain amount of party members dead while an any wynn + an any iss in the same party doing a quest any (on of an old bug, or if it is to be so even, working as intended) is indeed embarrassing.
Kahwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 09:05 AM   #32
Inishkea
Elpy
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 24
Inishkea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Macro Botting: Do Something...

One solution to the AFK macro users is, first make sure they are using the /targetnext function. second, declare war on their clan. third, go out, flag on them, let them kill you five times. war is engaged.

more and more clans will stop allowing AFK macro use if more clans are having wars engaged against them by their AFK macro using members.

AFK Macro use is a dismissable offense in my clan. just saying..
Inishkea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 11:00 AM   #33
mixa
Remnant Diabolist
 
mixa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bulgaria
Posts: 2,145
mixa will become famous soon enoughmixa will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Macro Botting: Do Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inishkea View Post
One solution to the AFK macro users is, first make sure they are using the /targetnext function. second, declare war on their clan. third, go out, flag on them, let them kill you five times. war is engaged.

more and more clans will stop allowing AFK macro use if more clans are having wars engaged against them by their AFK macro using members.

AFK Macro use is a dismissable offense in my clan. just saying..
lolclan...
Next you can start dismissing for making parties xD
__________________
Free2Play Orc Tyrr GK / L22ez4me
“Our patience will achieve more than your force.” - Edmund Burke
mixa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 12:54 PM   #34
Drey
Hungry Spirit
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 114
Drey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Macro Botting: Do Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inishkea View Post
One solution to the AFK macro users is, first make sure they are using the /targetnext function. second, declare war on their clan. third, go out, flag on them, let them kill you five times. war is engaged.

more and more clans will stop allowing AFK macro use if more clans are having wars engaged against them by their AFK macro using members.

AFK Macro use is a dismissable offense in my clan. just saying..
Anyone who uses /targetnext in their macro is an idiot for that exact reason, you simply cannot make my toons flag when I am macroing it's impossible. Anyone who does use it is simply dumb lol, sure it's faster but a dead toon makes you nothing, so why not make it so no one can mess with you?
Drey is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57 PM.