Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > General Discussion

Login

General Discussion Lineage II topics ranging from Aden to Elmore

Old 06-06-2017, 07:01 PM   #21
Xentheous
Remnant Diabolist

Xentheous will become famous soon enoughXentheous will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Lineage 2 Classic NA

Perhaps it should be a paid service then, like everquests new progression server is only for their paying customers. They could do the same thing for this.
Old 06-06-2017, 08:10 PM   #22
Oeste
Elpy

Oeste is an unknown quantity at this point

48+ hours Cruma Tower party with only small breaks to eat and sleep, no thanks I don't think i'd ever do that again.
Oeste is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 09:35 PM   #23
Xentheous
Remnant Diabolist

Xentheous will become famous soon enoughXentheous will become famous soon enough

Ya so i tried this game today, brand new character. It is no where near the game it was, its removed almost all the fun with its current brand of gameplay (not player wise). Been a slice id rather go EQ or Rift to go back to MMORPGs.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:42 AM   #24
Gabengar
Elpy

Gabengar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xentheous View Post
Ya so i tried this game today, brand new character. It is no where near the game it was, its removed almost all the fun with its current brand of gameplay (not player wise). Been a slice id rather go EQ or Rift to go back to MMORPGs.
Not sure what you're talking about. I currently play classic now, and it's much better than any GOD server

NEWS FLASH: If the top clans on Naia are coming to you to ask if there are any characters that they can play for lineage 2 classic sieges, you can tell its better.

Half of the Naia factor pvpers log into classic every two weeks just hoping there's a Support character they can drive. That's because classic sieges are intense again, there's competition, there's adrenaline flowing through you. You don't get that anymore in GOD
Gabengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:31 AM   #25
Yidao
Zaken

Yidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of light

The key word here is "drive". People want to participate in sieges with pre-made high-level characters (which is by the way account sharing and a bannable offense), but they are not willing to level up those characters themselves, equipping them at 1/3 drop rates when compared to the original Chronicles. The question you should ask yourself is, why don't those top clans on Naia move permanently over to Classic if that game is so great?
Yidao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:39 PM   #26
ShellShock08
Imperial Warlord

ShellShock08 will become famous soon enough

I wouldn't say classic failed. If I remember correctly EU cut the xp and drop tables making the game even more of a grind than it was meant to be. On top of that a lot of the Russians were sharing accounts and grinding 24/7 nonstop, if you weren't doing that you were severely under leveled compared to the top parties within days of the server starting.

And I don't think it would really affect the current GoD player base, from what I remember from the EU launch a lot of the NA players were old school players that had quit at least a year prior to launch with no interest in playing GoD anymore. That was the case for essentially my entire clan. I'd play with the idea of playing L2 again if there was an NA classic.
Old 07-18-2017, 12:24 AM   #27
Yidao
Zaken

Yidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of light

It was in Korea where the rates were cut to 1/6 of the original Chronicles. Innova doubled those rates, arriving at 1/3, shortly after the overseas version went live. Innova is NICE

Talking about Innova, why don't you simply play on Skelth? It's in English, and the siege times are around noon US time. That should not be too much of a hardship. Here are recent online numbers for Skelth (the second picture):
http://boards.rochand.com/viewtopic....art=870#p36621
They are deeply grateful for each player who joins them

By the way, account sharing, i.e. several players leveling one character in shifts, is what destroyed Innova's subscription-based business model in Russia. Now they are going free-to-play/pay-to-win:
http://boards.rochand.com/viewtopic....art=870#p36578
As Gabe pointed out, account sharing is rampant on Skelth as well, so there a similar development should be expected.
Old 07-18-2017, 12:20 PM   #28
Yidao
Zaken

Update!

DIL from Innova just posted a clarification on Rochand:

Quote:
RU Classic remains P2P along with the introduction of 'light' L2Store (without P2W). Same 300 RUB subscription per month.
As for EU, there is no ETA for L2Store there. It completely depends on the technical possibilities to implement web shop on the EU 4game platform.
http://boards.rochand.com/viewtopic....art=870#p36634
Old 07-24-2017, 04:20 AM   #29
krooploop
Elpy

krooploop is an unknown quantity at this point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt2ZJgR6N30

bring classic back NOW

permaban 1st offense bot 2nd offense RMT, or 1st IDC just no tolerance for it

dont add carebear crap and ruin stuff with death penalty or ruining nograde/dgrade market. don't play the game like a nolifer just level whenever you feel like logging in and playing old school STYLE
krooploop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:31 AM   #30
Yidao
Zaken

This video is from 2006 and has nothing to do with Lineage 2 Classic. Please permit me to quote myself:

Quote:
As far as Lineage 2 Classic is concerned, the main problem with all those enthusiasts is that they believe that it would be the early Chronicles again. This is not the case. Lineage 2 Classic is a different game, with different features. Only certain landmarks have the same name, while being different in nature. Like there is a Tower of Insolence, but that has instances on the top, and as of May 24 also an instanced Baium:
http://boards.rochand.com/viewtopic....&t=2030#p36434

Everybody asking for L2Classic@NCWest should read through this thread, all 89 pages of it:
http://boards.rochand.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=1265
There you can hear from people who actually played the game how initial enthusiasm turned into disappointment.

To say it again, why would Neutron do that to himself?
http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=293263#5
Old 07-24-2017, 11:36 PM   #31
Devoid
Grave Predator

Devoid is an unknown quantity at this point

As Yidao said, Classic is effectively just cleverly cosmetically disguised LIVE version (Grand Crusade/Salvation). However, with each update it seems to converge more and more towards the modern version, so it is only a matter of time until people will simply reject it.