Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > General Discussion

Login

General Discussion Lineage II topics ranging from Aden to Elmore

Old 02-16-2017, 02:08 AM   #1
DreamSeeker
Guardian Archangel

DreamSeeker is on a distinguished road
Default RMT, is it good or bad? Isn't Nstore RMT already?

Let's face it people.
The reason why Lineage2 was so popular in the past was its ability to farm and trade game items, allowing people to make money by playing the game.
I even heard a story of college student who played Lineage2 as a part time job and paid the rent and tuition back when Lineage2 was at its prime.

But with the arrival of Nstore and nuffed drops,
Everything has changed...

So is RMT all that bad? Seriously isn't Nstore itself real money trade already? If NC does it, it's legit and when others do it, it's illegal? Says WHO?

I am not gonna debate how things should be. I am not gonna debate. I just wanna shed some light of truth and see if we can all live in harmony.

1. RMT of Game items among the players: This is something good I think. When a player wants to take a break from Lineage2, this will allow the player to walk away with some cash in hand. Maybe it's only a fraction of the time and money invested, but it's still nice to walk away with some cash while taking a L2 break. Ironically, this will be very good for Nstore also.
If NC can manage and maintain the L2 item values steadily, and people are allowed to sell their game items for money, I am pretty sure people will be much more likely to spend money at Nstore. I know people are doing this Via Ebay but I think NC can also jump into the transaction instead.
You don't need to be responsible for anything. NCwest can just be the middle man for the transaction, taking some commission fee like 5%? in real life cash. All you gotta do is making sure there is no scamming in the transaction.

2. RMT for Adena: This is the RMT that is just BAD. Where do you think those Adena comes from? Adena sellers farm adena by botting. If you buy the botted Adena, this will only encourage more botting in the server. Why do I hate bots? Cuz I don't wanna spend 3 hrs to do a 10 minute quest because there are more bots than mobs in the field. Cuz they are stealing my leveling, Exp zones. Cuz they are the Cancer of Lineage2. (The worst kind of botting is PvP Scripts ruining the fun of EndGame players, but I will deal with this some other time.)

3. Boost the DropRate of Everything for 100+ areas and just monitor those areas sometimes to make sure there are no bots in those areas.

Leveling to LvL 100 is not easy for bots and even if they do, I don't think there will be bots in those levels. Cuz 1 x Ban of Bot train = loss of Trillion Adena for bot masters.

There are basically 2 groups of people in L2. People who pay and people who don't. From the NCsoft perspective, only the people who pay matters. But in reality, they are both important and matter. It's cuz people who pay to level and gear their characters need some entertaining challenge. If the gap between P2W players and the regular players is too deep, then P2W players will find no fun in PvP and playing the game. Also the people who don't do Nstore will lose all their hopes and leave the game in despair...
It's important, whether P2W player or not, that the players can gear their toons just by playing the game, to be compatible enough to have some fighting chances against P2W players.
So for this, I propose the boost of everything for LvL 100+ Areas.

Don't worry NC. People who have money, they don't usually have the time to farm and they just prefer paying money anyways(health issue, their time is more valuable, too lazy not so young any more, too old for the S Hit...etc.) SO, you will lose nothing.

This will boost the player base of Lineage2. More and more people will come back to Lineage2.

Remember...More regular players = more P2W players you will have.
Less regular players in the server = P2W players will find no reason to spend money in this game and will leave eventually.

Last edited by DreamSeeker; 02-16-2017 at 03:24 AM.
DreamSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 05:28 AM   #2
Devoid
Grave Predator

Devoid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RMT, is it good or bad? Isn't Nstore RMT already?

Who needs free players when even a full party of f2p Yul GSes can't stand against anyclass paying player?
They are like flies: constantly buzzing and flying around your face, but nothing more.
Old 02-16-2017, 06:20 AM   #3
mixa
Remnant Diabolist

mixa will become famous soon enoughmixa will become famous soon enough

Problem is that here its all combined, RMT+L2Store+Bots.If you remove the bots of the equation, the adena flow will be disrupted severely and L2store items will be way cheaper, which will make them easy accessible to most ppl even by playing the game and farming some adena.But right now its 95% boted adena that gets infused to the servers and the players selling L2store items/ncoins thinking "hey , this is so easy to get adena, i`ll sell even more of these things and equip myself" - nope, you`re just a random noob that makes nothing, but wasting your money on pixels.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:03 AM   #4
ElwutFace
Elpy

ElwutFace is an unknown quantity at this point

One way or another every top player did rmt at least couple times. So keep fighting about who did rmt more is a waste cause.
PS:And only 1 word will describe them at this point HYPOCRITS.
ElwutFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 01:42 PM   #5
Devoid
Grave Predator

Devoid is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElwutFace View Post
One way or another every top player did rmt at least couple times. So keep fighting about who did rmt more is a waste cause.
PS:And only 1 word will describe them at this point HYPOCRITS.
Nice to see you registered solely to write this useless reply.
Old 02-16-2017, 02:00 PM   #6
WhasD
Dark Knight

WhasD is an unknown quantity at this point

lol there were drops back in the day?

there was a chance but its not like something you could farm regularly. the only "people" i saw getting lots of full gear drops were chinese bot trains.

i still had to buy adena in 2004 to gear my char, C and B grade. this is over 12 years ago... not much has changed.

i had to buy adena just to have money for teleports and class change LOL

i was a "new player" and my rl friends who got me into the game told me i had to do this just to get a party/do damage in C grade @ cruma tower. and it was true. drops were non-existant. you usually got JUST enough adena to pay for soulshots after a few hours in cruma.

soooo the NCstore has basically replaced adena sellers in terms of what you need to buy to win the game. nothing has changed its just amplified because of how many options therre are, gear, jewels, enchants etc and back in the day there was virtually none of the options we have today.

I feel like OP posts this stuff on repeat every single week.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:21 PM   #7
mixa
Remnant Diabolist

mixa will become famous soon enoughmixa will become famous soon enough

Well, in that case you've never been good at this game. There were many ways to make adena, including spoil, SS selling and specially farming with mage or destro was very economy-friendly. At some point and 75 there was a lot of stuff to befit off, including manor, killing raids, selling SA crystals 11-12 and so on and so forth. Most of these things are now gone.
I've never bought adena and I always had more than enough to grear my main and 2 alts. I'm not saying it was perfect, far from that, for example xp was nightmare, from 77 to 78......hell. And then you realize that 79 is nearly twice as hard, let alone 80 xD (that was around C4-C5 times). After that the game became easier, specially with that doombringer abomination :P
Old 02-17-2017, 06:29 AM   #8
sleestak
Thunder Wyrm

sleestak is an unknown quantity at this point

There shouldn't be items only a hand full of people have access to, and with the randomness of compounding/enchanting rates so bad it's no wonder people wanna straight out buy items. The game is in trouble, it can't continue down this road!
sleestak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 12:15 AM   #9
DreamSeeker
Guardian Archangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devoid View Post
Who needs free players when even a full party of f2p Yul GSes can't stand against anyclass paying player?
They are like flies: constantly buzzing and flying around your face, but nothing more.
I remember the time back when I was leveling my Yul Archer's Dual class, Othell Ghost Hunter. He was level 98 at the time so was in R95 gears. I was at Parnassus waiting for CC&Baylor party to fill up. All of a sudden, out of nowhere, my guy was under attack. The enemy clan members spotted him and started hitting him.
It was one of those Brazillian clans in chronos. Two had Bronze wings(fresh 99) and the other no wing(Pre-LvL99.) It was 3 vs 1 fight but somehow I managed to kill one of them before my guy went down. Interesting! You wanna fight? I will give YOU THE FIGHT! I thought to myself.

I went back to the town and changed to Yul GS 101 main with Full R99 gears.
NOOBS! NOW I COME CRASH YOU!
I didn't even have the dark bow yet but my +12 Bloody bow was more than enough to smash them. 2 x Multi shots and they were all dead...They stood no chance.

I was camping the corpses for like 5 minutes hoping for more fights and surely enough, their clan party showed up!
Sadly...for them...I was over geared and well prepared. I simply used ultimate evasion skill and started taking them down 1-2 shot at a time. It was a fight of 1 vs 7 but they stood no chance. My guy doing 20-30K damage per shot while they did 500-1k damage at most if they could hit me at all through the Ultimate evasion. A total Victory for the P2W guy....

However...2 weeks later, I found out that.... the entire clan got disbanded.
From what people told me, they totally lost their hopes and reasons to play this game...Poor guys... I've never felt so bad about P2W PvP in lineage2 like that day; and ever since I've been just a casual PvE guy, just happy to do Kama Duo or Trio on my own everyday.

Last edited by DreamSeeker; 02-18-2017 at 12:53 AM.
Old 02-18-2017, 12:34 AM   #10
DreamSeeker
Guardian Archangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixa View Post
Problem is that here its all combined, RMT+L2Store+Bots.If you remove the bots of the equation, the adena flow will be disrupted severely and L2store items will be way cheaper, which will make them easy accessible to most ppl even by playing the game and farming some adena.But right now its 95% boted adena that gets infused to the servers and the players selling L2store items/ncoins thinking "hey , this is so easy to get adena, i`ll sell even more of these things and equip myself" - nope, you`re just a random noob that makes nothing, but wasting your money on pixels.
I don't sell Nstore items for Adena no more. I used to do that a bit in the past but now I just play the events. More Adena per Ncoin, Less Adena per Ncoin, I don't think it really matters anyways. If there is less adena in circulation then yeah people will get less Adena for their Ncoin but they will also be able to buy things cheaper, so I think it all balances out in the end.

Ruby 5 for example, 1 year ago Ruby 5 was about 50B and 1 Ncoin was about 500k. Now 1 Ncoin = 1 mil but Ruby 5 costs more than 100B...Actually it's priced at 150B as I know.
Anyway, I hope everyone can see my point.

Last edited by DreamSeeker; 02-18-2017 at 02:42 AM.
Old 02-19-2017, 12:05 AM   #11
WhasD
Dark Knight

WhasD is an unknown quantity at this point

i just made a lv 5 ruby on Zaken and id price it around 200b. but theres only 2 on our whole server