Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Community Corner > Tales of Aden and Elmore

Login

Tales of Aden and Elmore Post your stories and character bios here.

Old 12-10-2013, 11:43 AM   #61
Tiferet1
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Tiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Tales of Linnda!

That was a good read \o/
Tiferet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #62
Linnda
Zaken

Linnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to behold

Great to hear. I'm working on the conclusion of the PI saga. I'm glad you mentioned PI, cause it gave my story a sense of direction. Basically you made me really think about Linnda's legacy as a healer in relation to the giants and Shilen. Shilen is playing even a larger role in game and ever before so it should be no surprise that Linnda's path intertwines with that of the dark goddess, both indirectly and directly.

Anyway text will be coming up soon, will be working on this and an essay.
Linnda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:19 AM   #63
Tiferet1
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Tiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to behold

Eh eh, I loved PI's series of quests, and being partial to Shilen I couldn't ignore that on my character either Glad you had some plot bunnies hopping around
Old 01-31-2014, 03:08 PM   #64
Zyri
Elpy

Zyri is an unknown quantity at this point

.....waiting

.....waiting...

....still waitinnng

...some more waiting. ..

I'm getting impatient I have no stories to read! D:
Zyri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 06:47 PM   #65
Linnda
Zaken

Linnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the support. Currently RL things are keeping me from posting and cleaning the story up.

I have a draft atm that's like 2/3 done, but I'm going to work on it when I get a lil bit more breathing room.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:28 PM   #66
Linnda
Zaken

This is a setup for the next few stories. Its taking a while, but hopefully I'll get to finally concluding the dino arc.

A thundering boom echoed through the cold room where Linnda sat waiting in silence. Echoes of battle were heard through the walls of the stockade. Shouts of commands and orders from the Marksman met with the bestial roars from the enemies they faced. Dinosaur or Elroki, Linnda couldn't tell the difference.

It’s been about a day since when the invasion began. The Kamaelic forces held off the first assault, but were forced to fall back to their towers when both the Lost Nest and Primeval Plain barricades became littered with Dinosaur corpses just as Yatae predicted. The Tricksters have taken a defensive position toward the southwestern side of the wharf, holding off wave after wave of attackers with grueling endurance. To make it this far, Linnda thought...

Looking down at her palm, Linnda laid her eyes on the ribbon Yatae gave her. Lasting peace, the end of constant strife and senseless battle. Yatae's dream of a better world.

Linnda let out a bitter chuckle.

Ironic, given the fact her race was made for the sole purpose of war and the destruction of another race.

A race that has constantly brought about the deaths of millions of innocents because their petty conflicts and irrational emotions.

Linnda clenched the ribbon in her hand. Linnda swore the death of the gods.

She swore the death of Einhasad whose unjust wrath and jealousy claimed the lives of many innocents.

She swore the death of Shilen whose frustration and selfishness claimed even more innocents who were underserving of death.

Death to them all. For Yatae's sake and her own.

Linnda looked up and saw the restless warriors scattered around the hollow stockade. Their tense feelings diffused an air of silence throughout the fortification. Some held expressions of nervousness, some of worry, others of boredom.

Linnda felt guilty. Despite her ability as a healer to recall, she knew that given the chance she would rush to Yatae’s aid. The lives around her were being sacrificed for her own safety. They never asked for this.

Linnda shook her head.

No, she mustn't think like that. Her duty lies to the Giants, to her race, and to the protection of this world. Her fellow warriors are fighting for the same cause she was; only fulfilling their duties, nothing more, nothing less.

Linnda sank deeper and deeper into thought, until the shout of a messenger cut through her reflection.

"We've got news! They wharf has been held! The Elrokian forces are making a retreat!" a voice said, cutting through Linnda's thoughts.
A sudden wave of shock hit Linnda. Yatae! She might be alive!

"Don't let the healer out though! The commander said that its still unsafe outside, and her forces need to take a check of losses and reevaluate the field for another confrontation," the voice said.

A smile arched across Linnda's face. Yatae! She made it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yatae looked over the beach from the keep. The acrid smell of blood and sea water flooded her nostrils as she looked over the dusk bathed battlefield. Hundreds of dinosaur corpses littered the shoreline as her women searched for stragglers. The lack of Elrokian corpses surprised Yatae as they were the ones leading the assault. However, her reports did mention the numbers in Elrokian tribe were very few in comparison to the amount of dinosaurs that lived on this island. Yatae sighed. I guess they were truly going extinct like the reports mentioned, she thought to herself.

“Milady, one of your soldiers has arrived with news,” said her attendant.

Yatae turned and faced the younger corporal who stood facing her.

“Captain, the shoreline has been scoured and any survivors well swiftly neutralized,” the said said stoutly.

Yatae turned to her subordinate.

“Good, tell the other women to start cleaning the beach up. Use a dark magic fire to incinerate the corpses.”

The soldier gave an uneasy look.

“That hardly seems practical Captain.”

“Do you question the orders of an officer, corporal?”

“N-no, ma’am, I’ll get right on it.”

The soldier scurried down the stairs.

Yatae sighed again. The soldier was right. It was impractical and served really no strategic purpose to clean out the corpses when their mission was simply a defensive extermination. Yet, Yatae couldn’t bear to show her best friend the amount of bloody work that her division had done.

Despite the cold efficient exterior Linnda presented herself with, Yatae knew deep down that Linnda was soft and very kind.

Yatae looked over the beach once more and saw that her women began to clean up shore. Yatae turned to her attendant.

“Tell Linnda to come out after dawn, I would like to see her once more after we’ve cleaned up.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Linnda made her way outside, she immediately noticed the beach was stained red. Yet, there were no corpses, as if phantoms fought here then vanished the next day.

“Were there any injured?”

“Only three, and they had minor injuries. Nothing a bit of elixir would fix.”

“Ah, thank goodness! I was worried that you would be…hurt,” Linnda worriedly said.

“Linnda, I’m an elite soldier. An elite trickster for that matter. Do you think a few overgrown lizards would prove to be the death of me?” Yatae said as she let out a smirk.

“Err, I never thought you were unskilled…its just that, well…”

Yatae let out a laugh.

“Linnda you’re definitely something different. Despite your distinguished career as a Soulhound, you’ve never quite fit the mold of the typical Kamael soldier,” Yatae said as she adjusted her wrist guard, “Perhaps you’re too…fluffy,” Yatae teased.

Linnda only looked down, her face full of embarrassment.

“Now, eherm… that ribbon. I meant to give it to you as…err a certain gift, but seeing that the circumstances have changed, I would like it back,” Yatae said looking away.

Linnda looking at Yatae let out a burst of laughter.

“You’re just as bad as me when it comes to these situations Yatae,” Linnda said as she giggled.

“Shut up. We’re friends and all…so I thought…you know… we need to do this sort of mushy stuff once in a while,” Yatae said awkwardly.

Linnda laughed again.

“Yatae, as much I am odd, you’re just as strange.”

Yatae flashed a smile.

“Then I guess this is why we’re friends,” Yatae said with a smile.

As the two friends exchanged warm smiles, a whistling sound started riding the breeze. Yatae suddenly looked away.

“Wait, that sounds like…Oh no...”

The two look up and see a hail of meteors hurtling toward the wharf.

Last edited by Linnda; 09-01-2014 at 01:40 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:43 PM   #67
Tiferet1
Earth Wyrm Trasken

*Imagines a giant Final Boss Veigar throwing Primordial Burst on the shore*
Old 09-01-2014, 06:45 PM   #68
Linnda
Zaken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiferet1 View Post
*Imagines a giant Final Boss Veigar throwing Primordial Burst on the shore*
Spoiler Alert: Veigar is actually the dragon of darkness and son of Shilen.

I'll probably be posting more stories now I've decided I'm going cold turkey on gaming for the next year and focusing whole-heartedly on school work and being a music stockpiler.

Already finished the next part. Will post sometime tomorrow.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:50 AM   #69
Tiferet1
Earth Wyrm Trasken

On a serious note, the name of the Dragon of Darkness has been revealed by some high level raid bosses (his heralds) across the map. Unfortunately I keep forgetting it...
Old 09-03-2014, 05:32 PM   #70
Linnda
Zaken

“Incoming!” a soldier shouted.

Linnda stared blankly at the meteors hurtling toward her. She then felt a push and suddenly found herself on the ground under Yatae. Linnda heard several explosions around her. She couldn’t see past Yatae’s bosom, but everything just sounded really bad.

“We have hostiles storming the dock…we have to activate the detenator or..."

The soldier was cut off.

“Rally to our defensive positions, we cannot let them take the wharf,” shouted another commanding officer.

“Linnda. Linnda!” Yatae shouted as she shook Linnda.

Linnda suddenly snapped to attention and stared into Yatae’s intense gaze.

“Linnda you need to get off this island now! The dock will be lost and they’ve destroyed our detonation device,” Yatae said sternly.

“T-there’s a magic rooting me to this wharf, I can’t recall back to Rune,” Linnda said nervously shaking.

“D’arvit!” Yatae swore as she backed away from Linnda.

“Listen, Linnda you need to survive. Your knowledge of Shilen and your research are pivotal in our fight against the gods. This is not just a fight for our own lives, but the lives of all mortal beings in this world. You must survive so that our sacrifices are not in vain.”

Yatae looked around to make sense of the ensuing chaos.

“Linnda, I need to go rally my troops and keep these beasts from leaving the island. You need to protect yourself. Promise me you’ll stay alive! Promise me!”

Linnda stared blankly into Yatae’s eyes. “This can’t be happening,” Linnda thought to herself.

“Linnda! Now is not the giants’ d*mn time! Promise me you’ll survive!”

Linnda shook her head then gave Yatae a hard look.

“I promise.”

Yatae then looked back toward some of her fighting soldiers.

“I need to go rally my troops, hold that ribbon for now. I promise I’ll be back.”

Yatae ran off to aid her women. Just as Linnda was about to call out to her friend, a guttural roar vibrated through her body as she turned to face the huge axe of an Elrokian warrior. She clenched her eyes shut as the Elrokian brought its axe down.

Linnda then heard the clang of metal then opened her eyes. Lumi was in front of her blocking the massive axe with her shield.

“Master, now it’s the time to fight,” Lumi said as she threw of the Axe and eviscerated the unfortunate Elroki.

Linnda shook her head and stood up. Linnda looked toward where Yatae ran, her friend inspiring her soldiers to fight the losing onslaught. Linnda then closed her eyes for a moment.

"Yatae made a promise to me she'll be back."

She picked up her caster then pulled out her Fenrir Necklace.

“I made a promise to Yatae and now I intend to keep it.”

She opened her eyes and with five swift motions, Linnda drew the Wynn pentagram into the sand with her heel. Linnda jumped back from the symbol as pentagram began glowing blue. Linnda threw the necklace over it. There was a bright flash. Linnda’s wolf stood where the pentagram was moments ago.

“Bear come out, I need your assistance with battle perameters.”

Bear immediately popped out of Linnda’s bag ready to help.

“Seeing my master all pumped up and serious makes me want to fight too,” the Bear said as she began to punch the air adorably.

Immediately Linnda looked around and noticed she was quickly surrounded by many Elrokian warriors.

“Bear, where is the highest concentration of hostiles surrounding us?”

“Northeast, roughly forty more filing in,” the Bear quickly responded.

Linnda then immediately slammed the pommel of her caster into the ground. Dark energies pulsed through the ground then surfaced around her, immediately impaling the surrounding Elroki.

As the first wave of Elroki fell to the ground, Linnda twisted toward a cluster of reinforcements and immediately pulled her caster upward. The Elroki were immediately crushed with dark energies.

Linnda gave a quick glance toward her wolf, which then immediately launched itself into the fray in front of Linnda.

“Lumi, cover my flank. Make sure no Elroki gets me from behind while I deal with this stream of fodder.”

“Yes, Master!”

Lumi then immediately jumped into combat, smashing the face of an Elroki with her shield while gutting another with her sword.

Linnda watched as her wolf gracefully dodged the Elrokis’ vicious attacks while retaliating with those of its own. Linnda then began to wave her caster toward any stray Elroki who tried to flank her position, impaling or crushing them with darkness as soon as she had sight of one.

“There’s just too many of them, we can’t hold!” a soldier shouted.

“We must hold this wharf, these foul beasts cannot be allowed to escape into the mainland,” another shouted.

Linnda suddenly was filled with a sense of dread. “Will I die here?” she thought to herself as she looked around the battlefield. Her sisters in arms were fighting valiantly, but still were falling quickly to the vicious numbers of the Elroki.

“Linnda!" Lumi shouted.

Linnda snapped back into attention, then whirled around and blocked the sword of an Elroki warrior. Linnda clenched her teeth as she dug her heels into the ground against the overwhelming strength of the Elroki. Her feet began to sink deeper into the sand as the warrior pressed its weapon even harder.

Linnda closed her eyes and focused.

“Saha give me strength!”

Linnda felt a surge of power as she opened her eyes. The ground around her flared orange, burning with the symbol of Laksis as she shoved the sword off her caster, then immediately kicked away the unbalanced Elroki.

Linnda pointed her caster toward the Elroki, then crushed the Elroki’s head with darkness.

The healer paused again to take a look around the battlefield. Death, blood, carnage. Everywhere.

“This is the vision I gave you so long ago during your Awakening child,” a deep voice resonated.

Linnda looked around again and saw her vision of bloody conflict, death, and sadness.

“If we let the gods have their way, this is what will happen to us. Destruction and oblivion. Now child it is time to realize your fate and seize your destiny.”

A brilliant light began to shine. Linnda couldn’t keep her eyes open as the light consumed her.

“What is going on?” Linnda thought, “I’m I dying?”

The light began to shine even brighter and Linnda shut her eyes as the light completely consumed her.

Last edited by Linnda; 09-03-2014 at 05:47 PM.