Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Community Corner > Tales of Aden and Elmore

Login

Tales of Aden and Elmore Post your stories and character bios here.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:10 PM   #1
Kalinia
Guardian Archangel

Kalinia will become famous soon enough
Smile My Lineage II Story

My Lineage II Story
By Kalinia

I was introduced to Lineage II by my older brother who had an account since Interlude was released. At first, I didn’t like the game and kept asking my brother what’s the game about and why he spent so much time on it. One day he showed me his character and its interaction with other characters. I was stunned by the graphics and the gameplay!

Soon after that, I decided to give Lineage II a try. When I signed up, I was not sure about what kind of character to create! I did a little research and asked my brother who said that a Dark Elf Spellhowler might be good. Without any further hesitation, I created a female Dark Elf Mystic and named her ‘Kalinia1’ - not the name I initially wanted, maybe because I misspelt the name or typed an existing name, as my Spellhowler was to be known as ‘Kalinia’ -, a gorgeous and at the same time deadly Dark Elf.

When I finally logged in as a Dark Elf, I was quite lost. I just started killing gremlins until I reached level 8. Then, with the guidance of my brother, I moved out of the Shilen Temple to slay higher level monsters. My first armor was a Feriotic Tunic (if I recall the name correctly) and my weapon a Buffalo Horn. Although, I wanted to get the Devotion set and a more decent weapon. I started leveling just outside Gludin Village, killing spiders was no fun; they were quite strong! I was leveling there till level 15 and then went to town to learn new skills which included the Vampiric Touch. I really liked that skill, especially the casting voice of Kalinia every time she casted it! With the adena I made by leveling there, I could afford the Devotion set and a Journeyman’s Staff (with the help of a kind player).

Reaching level 20 at the Ruins of Despair was tiring because I didn’t have any jewels and didn’t know what jewels offered so I died again and again by those annoying life-draining Imps! I then went on to do my 1st class change quest, which was something new to me but I had to do it. I went to a website that had quest guides and I printed many pages of quest instructions so I wouldn’t have to switch from Lineage II to the Internet browser. Having read the quest carefully, I then went on to doing it!

After spending 2 days on doing the quest, I talked to a Grand Master and changed my class to Dark Elven Wizard! I was very excited with my achievement! As I was searching for a place that was suitable for me to level, I thought I’d introduce some friends to Lineage II, for company. And so I did; I showed the game to 3 of my friends and they liked it! I taught them everything I knew about Lineage II. I also made a friend in the game. I met him through one of my real-life friends that had joined the game. We all went to net-cafes and had a great time playing together. I started to be more social in the game and that’s how I joined my first clan!

The clan helped me a lot with the D grade gear which was Clan Oath Robe armor! It looked absolutely great on Kalinia and I was very happy. Also, they took me to the so-called Catacombs! It was the first time I had ever been to those places. From there, I gained a generous amount of XP and I soon got to level 35. Then, it was time to quest again. I was shocked by the complexity and the length of the quests I had to do! I had no choice but do them.

I was totally exhausted after finishing those quests but the results were rewarding. I loved the new skills I acquired and started to level carefully in new places. My new gear, a Demon’s Robe Set and a Homunkulus Sword with Acumen (tip from my brother), surely did the trick in making me more efficient. So, that’s what I reached with the help of friends and clan. Though, my clan got disbanded because of various problems.

I then met some new people whose names were Leyanire and Nectaria! At that time, I was in another clan with a friend. I was very disappointed when all of my real-life friends decided to quit Lineage II. The clan I was in simply ‘died away’ and I was left alone for quite some time, leveling Kalinia to 52 until I couldn’t continue.

I took a break from the Kamael to Gracia expansions but when I got back to the game I was really excited with the changes! Especially with the new animations! My excitement urged me to talk to a new friend I had made before I quit. I asked her if I could join her clan and got accepted instantly! I am so grateful to be in her clan. Ever since, I’ve made lots and lots of new friends and got to even higher levels! I even made a 2nd account to accompany Kalinia with a Shillien Elder since I couldn’t receive newbie buffs at level 62 back then.

Now, Kalinia is well over level 70 and she’s progressing really well with the help of my fellow clan members and I have many alt characters to play with too. Also, recently I made a 3rd account to try out even more classes and I’m really happy with this decision. I have both good and bad memories from Lineage II and gained a lot of experience over time, but there are still quite a few goals to reach and challenges to face! The adventure continues…

Here's how Kalinia looked like back in Interlude:
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/6...ainterlude.jpg
[/CENTER]
Kalinia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:25 AM   #2
Galil
Heathen Knight

Galil is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My Lineage II Story

Good Story

I liked it.
Galil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:32 AM   #3
Dreamer
Beleth's Slave

Dreamer has a spectacular aura about themDreamer has a spectacular aura about themDreamer has a spectacular aura about them

xD Old topic resurrected. But y, the great times.
(also i LOVE how the feelings got pointed after completing the loong CCQ etc)
Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:03 PM   #4
Kalinia
Guardian Archangel

Oh wow, someone did actually read my story, lol. Thank you guys, I appreciate it.

Seems like yesterday Kali was 'well over level 70', I just dinged 84 a week ago... Time flies and sometimes it's unfortunate.
[/CENTER]
Old 09-01-2011, 03:26 AM   #5
Dreamer
Beleth's Slave

Dreamer has a spectacular aura about themDreamer has a spectacular aura about themDreamer has a spectacular aura about them

Uh think its the 3rd time already i read it over the years.
Love reading stuff about old memories.
Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:50 PM   #6
Shame
Hungry Spirit

Shame is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: My Lineage II Story

Very cool story
Shame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:45 AM   #7
redeye1
Elpy

redeye1 is an unknown quantity at this point

nice story countrywoman
redeye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:34 AM   #8
Kalinia
Guardian Archangel

lol, 'countrywoman'?
[/CENTER]
Old 09-16-2011, 08:26 AM   #9
Nasicae
Grave Predator

Nasicae is on a distinguished road

I read your story too, just haven't replied. Good story, make me thinking of writing one too. XD

I thought I saw you around Rune the other day in Tallum heavy. Aren't you a nuker? o.o
Nasicae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:32 AM   #10
Luxiel
Remnant Diabolist

Luxiel has a spectacular aura about themLuxiel has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasicae View Post
I thought I saw you around Rune the other day in Tallum heavy. Aren't you a nuker? o.o
Subclass?
Luxiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:39 AM   #11
Nasicae
Grave Predator

*slap self. That's right.

Run away to the corner and face the wall.... must repent....
Old 09-16-2011, 01:23 PM   #12
Kalinia
Guardian Archangel

Smile Re: My Lineage II Story

Hehe, yes, I was on my BD sub. ^^ 1 more level to max out on main, then I can focus on my subs. @_@

How did you see me in Rune btw? Aren't you on Naia? O.o
[/CENTER]
Old 09-16-2011, 02:15 PM   #13
Judas
Baylor

Judas has a spectacular aura about themJudas has a spectacular aura about them

in this game.. there isn't even 3 degrees of separation if you've been playing long enough...

i'm constantly running into people that have quit either 6 years ago or less..

people that have transferred servers previously and managed to after merges.. get slapped back on the same one i resided on.

Actually what i find funny now is talking to people that if i or someone else i know mention some of the original server names, throws a bunch of people off lol... Mentioning Seighardt for example in a number of covernsations.

Most recently i ran into someone i hadn't seen for years.. and i was in the same party as him for almost an hour before what i thought i recognized finally clued in. A player i had partied with frequently almost 5 or 6 years ago.. actually closer to 7..... very very low level. It's great cause the discussions that take off from there just make the other parties watch and read, can't really add anything because they don't know him from that long ago, so rehashing some of the old **** we had done or see or whatever.
Judas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:29 PM   #14
Nasicae
Grave Predator

I have never moved from NA. XD

Erica > Lionna and Kain > Aria > Chronos.

Althought I have a level one on Naia just to save the name.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:15 AM   #15
Kalinia
Guardian Archangel

Ah, LOL, I mistook Aria for an EU server. My bad. >.<
[/CENTER]
Old 09-20-2011, 06:48 AM   #16
Nasicae
Grave Predator

It happens. XD

Now gogo lvl and get that 85.

Oh,.... can i leech exp? XD (just kidding!!!!)
Old 10-11-2011, 01:36 PM   #17
ZeNNi
Elpy

ZeNNi is an unknown quantity at this point

nice story
i like to remember how things were back then
someday I'll take the time to write my one too
ZeNNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:05 AM   #18
SweetDreamZ
Imperial Warlord

SweetDreamZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas View Post
in this game.. there isn't even 3 degrees of separation if you've been playing long enough...

i'm constantly running into people that have quit either 6 years ago or less..

people that have transferred servers previously and managed to after merges.. get slapped back on the same one i resided on.

Actually what i find funny now is talking to people that if i or someone else i know mention some of the original server names, throws a bunch of people off lol... Mentioning Seighardt for example in a number of covernsations.

Most recently i ran into someone i hadn't seen for years.. and i was in the same party as him for almost an hour before what i thought i recognized finally clued in. A player i had partied with frequently almost 5 or 6 years ago.. actually closer to 7..... very very low level. It's great cause the discussions that take off from there just make the other parties watch and read, can't really add anything because they don't know him from that long ago, so rehashing some of the old **** we had done or see or whatever.
Sieghardt for the win woop woop , was the best server imo till ic and catalyst started botting
SweetDreamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:20 PM   #19
MidgardSG
Elpy

MidgardSG is an unknown quantity at this point

that indeed was a very nice story brought back some memories about some of my friends whom i will probably never meet again
MidgardSG is offline   Reply With Quote