Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Community Corner > Tales of Aden and Elmore

Login

Tales of Aden and Elmore Post your stories and character bios here.

Old 04-04-2014, 03:44 AM   #21
hollly
Dark Lord

hollly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What do you miss and miss the most in this game?

drop
hollly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:12 AM   #22
DorkDozer
Grave Predator

DorkDozer is on a distinguished road

Pk'ing someone for a spot and being able to work it off before they returned
DorkDozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:31 PM   #23
ChrisVJC
Elpy

ChrisVJC is an unknown quantity at this point

i miss the lack of dailies
i miss getting any kind of drops
i miss when playing the game was enjoyable
ChrisVJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 02:01 AM   #24
Hoshu2014
Goblin Lord

Hoshu2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

I miss the old talking island
I miss seeing people run from town to town because they couldn't afford to port
I miss the downtimes we all had from using up all our MP or even our HP at times and talking nonsense over shouts
I miss the simplicity of the skills we had back up until C5 maybe even till awakening, now it's hard to chat and hunt at the same time.
I miss the bigger social aspect the game had before awakening.
I miss the real market deals that existed before R grade came into the picture.
I miss the greener fields to hunt in and the diversity you used to have at lower levels you don't have anymore now.
I miss my good friends who left because they got sick of all the bots, if they saw L2 today they would die instantly.
Hoshu2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 04:10 AM   #25
Kadden
Purgatory Shadow

Kadden will become famous soon enough

I miss the incredible open world of Aden, exploring, travelling and having options on where to go and what to do
I miss the fields, the catacombs, the dungeons, caves, mountains, forests, beaches and the castles
I miss being able to pick from 32 different classes and the feeling of identity that brought
I miss the feeling of connection/power when you form the "perfect" party
I miss group heals and alliance buffs that made us all feel like part of something huge
I miss the thrill of chasing and hunting or being hunting by other player(s)
I miss how it paid off to play with a group or alone
I miss the markets and how rewarding it was to craft and sell
I miss when armor looked like something that could have actually been worn and not like a candy wrapper
I miss the lore before all the GoD crap
I miss when 1v1 fights lasted so long we'd run out of buffs
I miss the advantage of being higher level than your enemies
I miss how the game rewarded for your effort rather than your money
I miss how climactic events were that lead up to siege (leveling, crafting, alliances, flames)
I miss the scale of the sieges and the feelings of having a role in such a dynamic event
I miss learning new skills every day and feeling limitless
I miss when you could play casually and still enjoy the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bystacur View Post
I miss thinking 24/7 about this game
I miss a community that wasn't so disappointed in what happened to their favorite game
I miss the players I encountered over the years, those who made the game so special, including enemies

http://youtu.be/q7jK-440XnE

I miss playing this game.
Kadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:50 PM   #26
lelu
Goblin Lord

lelu is an unknown quantity at this point

played since c1 on gustin>teon.
i miss having to run everywhere
i miss the grind from lvl 15+
i miss the comraderie that grew from nobody boxing and parties were easy to get
i miss the L2 events at almost every holiday
i miss the blue glow from a landed spoil
i miss the risk of dropping your gear
i miss making a ton of money on d and c shots
i miss the metric ton of crafting materials that my spoiler got for my ws
i miss looking forward to castle sieges, where there were a TON of clans/alliances that had a shot at winning the siege
i miss the fear of the ground shaking and loud booms when a siege golem (or golems if the alliance was rich) coming at your castle
i miss having to grind for your gear, and would take you a couple weeks to a month of farming to get the mats for a top grade set, no matter what grade
i miss pk'ing the chinese farmers and then seeing their bots just standing there not knowing what to do (back when chinese farmers were actually people behind their computer)
i miss when the majority of the servers didn't have to ebay/bot to be competitive in pvp, and the ones that did, were black sheeped out and everyone knew who they were
i miss waiting for the boat for talking island (if you swam it, you'd better bring heal pots, because you would drown if you didn't have them
i miss having everyone love you for little petty things, like GIVING YOU WIND WALK 2 OR VAMP RAGE OR HASTE.
i miss when you had to work at your recommendations, and the ones that were blue, were the ones that you knew were loved on your server
i miss the old spellbooks you had to buy, when sp actually meant something, and the higher level ones you'd farm an area for days to get a drop
i miss leaving my computer on all night to sell something in giran, to wake up the next morning and see that it sold (if it didn't dc or crash on you in the middle of the night)
lelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 03:43 PM   #27
Lawnpirate
Tainted Zombie

Lawnpirate is an unknown quantity at this point

I miss spawning in the old villages. Talking Island is too sunny. :<
Lawnpirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 04:18 PM   #28
FidgitTheClown
Valakas

FidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about themFidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about themFidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about them

i miss most everything.
but i couldn't go back.

too much corruption...

i remember grinding for days in garden of wild beasts.
i remember being able to solo better with my OL than any of my other characters.
dang boxes and newbie buffs.

buff pets.
so useful.
i mean buffalo, an kook.
they did die a lot though.
lack of proper armor.
FidgitTheClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:30 AM   #29
Hit0kiri
Guardian Archangel

Hit0kiri will become famous soon enoughHit0kiri will become famous soon enough

I miss 7 signs.
Hit0kiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 10:13 AM   #30
Smittie
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Smittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud of

I miss mengxiang and SOON in Tower of Insolence.
I miss suckmyday in Antharas lair.

Well, I guess I miss the days when farmers would fight for a spot.
Smittie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 04:45 PM   #31
TanisHalfElven
Elpy

TanisHalfElven is an unknown quantity at this point

Cross posted from a thread, this is the more applicable place:

I played during beta, prelude, C1 and C2 primarily, and just returned last week to check out how things have gone in Aden.

There are four big things I miss dearly about the Lineage 2 I remember...

1. Player-interaction of the mundane kind... I used to see (and frequently be) the person flagging just for fun right outside of town, chatting in local with passers-by, enjoying random exchanges of emotes, and generally interacting with everyone. When I came back, I noticed this just really doesn't happen with the same frequency. Often out of boredom, if I can't get a hello from a fellow xp-grinder I'll flag on them. I'll take their mobs. ANYTHING to provoke a reaction. Anything to remind me that I'm playing the game with other people. Joining a clan again has helped to some extent with that, but it's simply not the same. There are no "notorious perma-reds" terrorizing the elven village which lowbies would literally teleport to (or run to, because teleporting costed too much money) Giran to shout about, a party would be assembled, and he would be dispatched with (probably because no one goes there these days)... there weren't any "duels" or "CP" so e-honour was decided to the death... these days I farm silently next to bots(?) or Brazilians(?) and can't tell the difference at all between them and another NPC. You would spend 45 minutes in town begging, pleading, throwing Adena at prophets to try and get them to buff you. When your high lvl prophet friend would come out into the field and heal and buff you, you were in heaven. When you had no buffs, the grind was severe, but that made that interaction with the Prophet even better. I don't think this comes down to a lack of players, it really feels like a cultural shift, a seismic one.

Hell, you could even try and barter with the chinese farmers (who were real people doing a day job, not a macro bot) to try and buy their drops in the field so they wouldnt have to return to town to sell them. You could fight them for their hunting ground and they would fight back! This is all gone now!

2. The economy and crafting market... As a mid-level Scavenger with multiple paid accounts then, I spent my days blissfully grinding for that blue glow while buying low, selling high, crafting, and over-enchanting... With the changes to low level gear, the 1 NC coin gear sets, and Steel Door, Blessed Enchant scrolls... I can't play the game like I used to anymore, not in any respect. The best part about the economy as it was, was that if you had little in the way of resources, you could for instance put a Buy shop in the lower level towns for mats, crafting D gear, and sell high in Giran, whereas the high-powered rich dwarves in Giran were crafting Doom sets for a pretty penny and cranking out B Soul Shots. Everyone at every stage filled a niche. Now that system basically ceases to exist. What we have now is: a Dwarf, nay, making MONEY, is useless until 85/90/95, it's pointless to even pick up the Adena from the ground... Everything about making and earning money, fueled by a thriving player-driven economy, that is all gone.

3. Drops. Spoils. and MORE drops... The Korean Low drop rate on items has always been a HUGE draw for me. I can still remember getting a pair of Brig Gaiters from a random mob when I first started. I was RICH! This happened infrequently, but that made it even better! Since I started last week, I have killed probably 50,000 mobs, (really pulling that number out of my ***, so might not be true) but it feels like a lot larger quantity than I used to be able to what with the free buffs. What I have found is next to NO drops. I've gotten two B grade helms (which I couldn't pay someone to take off my hands) and a couple enchant weapon scrolls. I desperately miss material drops as well. As I was grinding I could collect the mats and craft with them, or sell them in bulk... the mobs that the main hold-you-by-the-hand quest (why are there quests now, btw?) takes you on are the best XP around for solo, so you are at a severe disadvantage leveling elsewhere (no herbs for instance) and you really never get any drops from those mobs. I am not complaining that they are infrequent. I am complaining that they seem to not exist, at all.

Edit: and because leveling is so fast an the gear is SO cheap to attain at all stages the market for twink, OE gear at each grade is more or less gone. I had a +10 Glaive (which used to be the ****) which I couldn't sell to save my life when I returned. My guess is NC Soft did this because the people who took care of all the low-level economic stuff stopped doing it as the years (and the botting) went on... they do not employ an economist as other successful MMOs do, I'd have to wager, judging solely on the way they have handled market development.

4. Death penalty... My god when I think back to the early L2 I loved so much, PVP was so exciting I would literally sweat, my heart would race... EVERYTHING was on the line. My gear could drop! What If I accidentally go red (50% chance to drop items)?? I haven't dropped a single piece of gear, and hardly flinch when I die anymore... I mean I would sometimes stay dead for hours until I could get even a 50% rez, you could lose an entire day or two days worth of grinding in a single spontaneous kerfluffle outside Dion. Now... it means nothing, it seems. I am not afraid, I don't get excited when I fight someone... Why did they do this? Every single MMO on the market offers risk-free PVP, Lineage 2 used to (and Eve Online does still) offer extremely risky non-consensual PVP, this was a major draw. This serious penalty for death made us stick together, it made us fearful, it made us brash, it made us seek revenge. Risk-free PVP means we don't care anymore. We don't care about going red because there's so little risk, and NC even engineered a stop to perma-reds in the worst way possible... That time is dead now it seems.

I guess NC Soft just needs to do what they need to do to make money. Maybe us fans of the original core gameplay of L2 don't make them enough money. If that's the case, then I'll pack up my bag of tears and go elsewhere. NC Soft seems to have removed the peaks and valleys that made this a game I have been telling people about for a decade, made it a game I remember as fondly as any other part of an idyllic youth. God **** do I miss the Lineage of yore.

Last edited by TanisHalfElven; 08-06-2014 at 04:50 PM.
TanisHalfElven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 09:19 AM   #32
Vood
Guardian Archangel

Vood is on a distinguished road

I miss being able to OE weapons to +16
I miss being able to solo areas w/box and earn good xp(cod/gc/catas)
I miss red toons/pk
I miss gm's being more involved online
I miss having a small chance to get a full drop weapon from mobs/grind
I miss the simplicity=everything so complicated now
Vood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 06:06 PM   #33
SoMadz
Elpy

SoMadz is an unknown quantity at this point

I miss when this game was NOT free to play.

You got more quality players in the community. Everyone needed to make sure they got enough playtime to justify that $15/month to play the game.
You could actually kill the people who bought mountains of adena with mommy and daddy's CC and make them QQ when you did it in your mismatched c/d grade set.
Getting a decent party formed and grinding for hours on end and not wanting to stop because you found such a good mix/cool group of players.
Random pvp. Always outside in the open, fighting for rooms in cruma. Just constant reason to pvp, even the mini-grudges and pvp'ing the same parties for weeks on end over a leveling spot.
Looking foward to leveling all week long because you were that close... This was a real love/hate thing for most... but think how excited you were when you woke up and knew "today, I'm going to hit 66!"
Having a big clan that was mega active, barely anyone had a "boxed" toon way back when... now you see 100+ people in clan and there is truly only 12 people in the clan... all alts and buffer toons.

Not a fan of all the 'new' players from F2P. If the wallet is big enough they are untouchable. People spam pots too much now~~ miss the days of NO cp.
Jewels used to actually mean something. Now it seems every debuff/spell/etc lands 100%.

I must stop, I will never get off here!
SoMadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 07:48 PM   #34
Voroshy
Elpy

Voroshy is an unknown quantity at this point

I miss the eyes in the sky

http://lineage.pmfun.com/data/7signs/duskmoon.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24.../Shot00002.jpg
Voroshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 01:18 AM   #35
Shinjiru
Thunder Wyrm

Shinjiru is an unknown quantity at this point

Couple of things I miss:
-Old Talking Island
-Riding the boats from Talking Island,Giran,Gludin and Rune
-Old School Sieges that involves the use of Golems and Wild Hog Cannon.
-Territory wars (one of the good features that NCSoft introduced don't see the reason why they removed this)
-Catacombs
-Daily PvP (only OG players will know the true fun of playing L2 now the new breed of players in this game are full of carebears and cry babies a.k.a)
Shinjiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 01:22 PM   #36
Voroshy
Elpy

Voroshy is an unknown quantity at this point

and the racing in Monster Race Track

http://legacy.lineage2.com/images/la...mes/derby1.jpg
Voroshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 07:17 AM   #37
AnotherSorc
Imperial Warlord

AnotherSorc is an unknown quantity at this point

I started in C3.

- I miss the epic fights with prof. powerlvl-sellers in Garden of Eva
- trying to solo party-bosses (the ones that were talking to you in white chat)
- the excitement when trying to hand in manor fruits
- the old "raidboss attack towns" chaos-events
- raidbosses being brought into towns to kill afk-shop players when they still could drop
- killing bots with mobtrains and picking their drops
- having good friends that gave me back my Karmian trousers when they were worth a fortune after I dropped them on Devils Island

Since all that the game has changed a lot, but it's still as good as it always has been.

Best. Game. Ever.
AnotherSorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 04:05 PM   #38
Aen0re
Goblin Lord

Aen0re is an unknown quantity at this point

I miss :

- the week of epic farm - and the help of all my clan - for dropping this Magnus The Unicorn Spellbook on Pterausors in Primeval, when we were like 5 people to having this skill on the whole server

- the difference between classes and races and their complementarity

- the Pagan Temple farming as Healer with our turn undead

- the top of MoS angels' farming as party

- the animations of skills (the sound of Recharge, Balance life)

- the cubics for summoners

I started again to play with the oppening of Zaken Server. This is not the L2 I knew, but well... I still like the game... So I continue.
Aen0re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 04:48 PM   #39
WillNaught
Dark Lord

WillNaught is an unknown quantity at this point

The Wishing Potion Quest. Running all over the Map, then getting the worthless rewards(Certificate of royalty, scroll of love) or getting party wiped by the Grimas.
http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=286043
WillNaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 08:24 AM   #40
Shikatemo
Hungry Spirit

Shikatemo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillNaught View Post
The Wishing Potion Quest. Running all over the Map, then getting the worthless rewards(Certificate of royalty, scroll of love) or getting party wiped by the Grimas.
http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=286043
Me too!
I remember the old times when the whole clan pass that quest for Amulet: Pa'agrio's Heart to help our Overlord.
I miss that so much!
Shikatemo is offline   Reply With Quote