Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > Salvation Update Discussions

Login

Salvation Update Discussions Discuss and share information regarding the upcoming update, Salvation.

Old 11-14-2017, 02:17 AM   #1
Neutron
Assistant Producer

Neutron will become famous soon enough
Default Changes to Raid Bosses

Hello,

For some time now, raid bosses have been hoarded by a small number of players making it extremely difficult for anyone else to participate in this content or gain any rewards and gear upgrades.

In Salvation - First Chapter field raids will be changed to help address this.

1.) The re-spawn time on field raid bosses will be randomized much more so that predicting the spawn will be more difficult.

2.) Lv. 100+ Field raid bosses will now have a shield that requires a minimum number of hits to break through or the raid will fail. These raid bosses will be much more difficult to kill with small groups.

With these changes, certain class and item builds designed to farm this content may no longer be viable the same as it was before.

We also recognize that some players may have come to depend on the income generated by this and may be negatively impacted by the changes, once the update is released.

As we have learned from recent changes, giving a short amount of warning time can lead to a lot of frustration. Going forward we want to make sure aqueduct warning is provided when changes happen that could drastically change the way the game works.

We hope that you will understand these kinds of changes are intended to improve the overall game experience for all players. Please let us know your feedback on these changes once they are live and if there are still issues with the re-spawn timers or issues with raid boss farmers.

Thank You
Neutron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:45 AM   #2
Pleistoros
Purgatory Shadow

Pleistoros is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Changes to Raid Bosses

Those changes are the first good news in months .
In all server raids are killed only by 2-3 ppl, when Rb appear up on map in 1 min they are dead...I hope now regular ppl will have a chance to kill them or at least to try.

Also, pls put salvation patch notes...Im sure you have them. Why you let us wait?
Old 11-14-2017, 04:16 AM   #3
Jagtiger
Grave Predator

Jagtiger is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutron View Post
Hello,

For some time now, raid bosses have been hoarded by a small number of players making it extremely difficult for anyone else to participate in this content or gain any rewards and gear upgrades.

In Salvation - First Chapter field raids will be changed to help address this.

1.) The re-spawn time on field raid bosses will be randomized much more so that predicting the spawn will be more difficult.

2.) Lv. 100+ Field raid bosses will now have a shield that requires a minimum number of hits to break through or the raid will fail. These raid bosses will be much more difficult to kill with small groups.

With these changes, certain class and item builds designed to farm this content may no longer be viable the same as it was before.

We also recognize that some players may have come to depend on the income generated by this and may be negatively impacted by the changes, once the update is released.

As we have learned from recent changes, giving a short amount of warning time can lead to a lot of frustration. Going forward we want to make sure aqueduct warning is provided when changes happen that could drastically change the way the game works.

We hope that you will understand these kinds of changes are intended to improve the overall game experience for all players. Please let us know your feedback on these changes once they are live and if there are still issues with the re-spawn timers or issues with raid boss farmers.

Thank You
https://gph.is/16dJ6O5
Old 11-14-2017, 06:08 AM   #4
marw
Dark Lord

marw is on a distinguished road

Thanks!
Old 11-14-2017, 07:14 AM   #5
WizardTears
Elpy

WizardTears is an unknown quantity at this point

Even though this is a great change, i feel that all those drops from field raid bosses are extreme rewarding. Plz dont hesitate nerf the drops !!!!
WizardTears is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 09:32 AM   #6
Fumaca
Goblin Lord

Fumaca is an unknown quantity at this point

Why only 100+ raids will get the shield and not 85+ ?
Fumaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:29 AM   #7
Diverso
Elpy

Diverso is an unknown quantity at this point

If more than 70% damage on raid is made by only one player raid shoudl go full hp.
Diverso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:32 AM   #8
AnotherSorc
Imperial Warlord

AnotherSorc is an unknown quantity at this point

Great change that was asked for since a long time by the community.

Hope it works as expected, well done!
Old 11-14-2017, 12:59 PM   #9
Sias
Elpy

Sias is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm left feeling like you guys are doing this out of the desperate need of an answer for the monetary hit that must've mean to you the WOW trailer, because there hasn't been a single instance of you guys addressing with clear straight words to the community, and that is what we have been needing for a while, that you address the issues. A lot of people have been leaving and you guys still act as if the little bunch of guys that make the "f2p" model viable economically speaking (little and big whales ingame) are the only guys trying to get some enjoyment out of the game, but you forget about the rest, the 80% of the player population that has been steadily decreasing just because of bad management. A lot of this was an easy fix if you had spoken soon about whatever the **** was going on with you and the plans of the game, people can only take so much beating before quitting something they enjoy doing and you guys keep on betting everything on how much punishment can this select bunch take before they jump the ship. It's not sustainable and I really am sad because I like the game, I like the people with whom I share my time in here and I feel like I'm wasting a lot trying to keep up with whatever piece of **** you guys choose to throw at us. The amazing news with the field bosses that you decided to "reveal" are old as **** and part of the information that we already had from other regions notes. Try to make things better instead of keeping the cashgrab wheel running, I really don't want to jump ship too and let everything go to ****.
Sias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 02:58 PM   #10
Taranka
Goblin Lord

Taranka is an unknown quantity at this point

oooo that sweet good old times when from Bloody Swamp's RBs dropped just rune stone\ BEARx1 for all 3 parties.

that should be very hurt for CC of 3-4 random parties - spend 1 hour in killing RB and get 1 craft pack and monster appearence.

also what the point in random time if any activities in party matching for collecting ppl for that RBs will be as loud ring for all farmers-vulrutes?
Old 11-14-2017, 03:03 PM   #11
Hits
Elpy

Hits is an unknown quantity at this point

finality something, but make all raids after 85+ not only after 101+ , also isabella,mimir,turakan,krogel with random respawn
Hits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 04:20 PM   #12
mixa
Remnant Diabolist

mixa will become famous soon enoughmixa will become famous soon enough

Every raid boss 85+, including special bosses must be included and the higher level ones to need more hits.

Fix the CC loot bug.Ban everyone using 3rd party soft to circumvent 3 box limit.
Old 11-14-2017, 06:09 PM   #13
Fumaca
Goblin Lord

Fumaca is an unknown quantity at this point

Change raid boss map tab to show all bosses from all levels too (even the 20-84 ones) disregarding player level.
Fumaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:16 PM   #14
PAPU
Elpy

PAPU is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG FINALLY it is a great pass
PAPU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 10:20 PM   #15
xArielx
Goblin Lord

xArielx is an unknown quantity at this point

this change will also affect instance raid boss?
Old 11-16-2017, 02:55 AM   #16
KKKm
Dark Lord

KKKm is an unknown quantity at this point

So valakas antharas lindvior will spawn random . No more clicking . Who ever gathers first cc enters . Cool !
KKKm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 10:30 AM   #17
socketka
Remnant Diabolist

socketka will become famous soon enough

really big change if i already know way to bypass it.
Old 11-16-2017, 10:46 AM   #18
AnotherSorc
Imperial Warlord

AnotherSorc is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKKm View Post
So valakas antharas lindvior will spawn random . No more clicking . Who ever gathers first cc enters . Cool !
Post says "field raids".
Old 11-16-2017, 11:18 AM   #19
KKKm
Dark Lord

KKKm is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherSorc View Post
Post says "field raids".
Thanks for pointing this out . But I’m not sure this will have any impact since the bosses I can kill are 100- since 100+ need 3 parties or some super geared toon to kill them . So still no really big impact for the low geared players . Not to mention that with this shield , you need more gear to kill them . Witch were do I find this gear if I can’t kill this bosses and I can’t kill 98 bosses ?
KKKm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 12:20 PM   #20
Power
Tainted Zombie

Power is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't understand what that will change for legit players ?

Ppl that still working with Lineage (i mean hearning real money) will still be able to lock thoses rb's. Because they don't work, they can stand all day long on the game, and still be able to kill all rb's that will spawn in day time while ppl are working.

And CP's that are working legitly to locks thoses rb's, and manage the respawn time to keep them spawning at specific time to wait all cp's coming back from work, to kill them, for xp / drops / upgrading gear ... Will lost everything.

So in fact, ppl that working with Lineage II are still wining .. And normal players are loosing even more than before ..

So yes, maybe some of really casual players will be able to kill 1 or 2 rb's from time to time .. Yeah, 2 crafting packs for 5 parties ... It's a big deal isn't ?

And Ncsoft will only loose $$ because all that's CP's that are locking / farming legitly the rb's using all of them 200/300% drop rates runes, permanently .. And i guess that they will never open anymore any 1h rune for only 1 or 2 rb's .. And all casual ppl will never pay for them .. So it's only

Loose (NcSoft) -> Loose (Legit CP's income) -> Win (RMT players (2-3 ppl / server) )
Power is online now   Reply With Quote