Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > Player Questions

Login

Player Questions Attention new players (and veterans too)! Do you have questions about Lineage II? Looking for a drop? Need tips on a quest? Come on in and ask your questions here--players of all experience levels are welcome!

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 08:17 AM   #21
redmen
Remnant Diabolist

redmen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Account ****

i wonder why people still help, these cry babys who got "hacked"

they always claim they didnt let friend on their account cus if u say yes i did share account people will instantly say he did it and if its not people saying it the gm\'s will do it

on the other hand i have been playing tons of mmo's every mmo i see people crying about account hacked in large amount l2 doesnt have large amount of "hacked" accounts
and for some odd reason i have never ever been hacked i wonder why?
Old 07-04-2012, 08:25 AM   #22
Dreamer
Beleth's Slave

Dreamer has a spectacular aura about themDreamer has a spectacular aura about themDreamer has a spectacular aura about them

Ye, weird that mostly accounts get "hacked" of ppl that have then only 1-2 posts or are pretty new to L2.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:41 AM   #23
fastfrequency
Elpy

fastfrequency is an unknown quantity at this point

I truly see how this community is now...... so when my account get hacked, I am not a victim but I deserved this? All the reply post here assum states that I share accounts and use ? private server? and all point finger at me that I lost my gear and adena because its all my fault? This community is full of cold heart/cold blood and some of you probably are person who hacked my account and laughing about it. No wonder this game became what it is... no support from the ncsupport and poor community make up with players that is nothing but selfish basters
Old 07-04-2012, 08:46 AM   #24
qruh
Banned

qruh is an unknown quantity at this point

next time you give your account infos away or use free interwebs programs think twice
Old 07-04-2012, 08:48 AM   #25
Lynnia71
Goblin Lord

Lynnia71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry about what happends to ya. I guess for the future, in any case, never give account infos (i do not say u did but everyone should really remember not to do it ), and best thing to do is to regulary change Password / Pin.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:56 AM   #26
Yunalesca
Antharas

Yunalesca is a jewel in the roughYunalesca is a jewel in the roughYunalesca is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfrequency View Post
I truly see how this community is now...... so when my account get hacked, I am not a victim but I deserved this? All the reply post here assum states that I share accounts and use ? private server? and all point finger at me that I lost my gear and adena because its all my fault? This community is full of cold heart/cold blood and some of you probably are person who hacked my account and laughing about it. No wonder this game became what it is... no support from the ncsupport and poor community make up with players that is nothing but selfish basters

I have acess to some acs, for months none of them got "hacked", but for some reason always the new account users such as urself, get hacked and play the victim.

If nobody knows your PIN you cannot possibly get "hacked", unless your PIN is bloody obvious. I wouldn't even call "****" because guessing PINs is not ****.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:58 AM   #27
l2player
Tainted Zombie

l2player is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Over the last 8 years, this community has witnessed countless threads about having had an account hacked.

Most game accounts are hacked by stolen forum database account hacks. Use the same username/password in game as you do on a fansite or an RMT site? You're begging to be hacked.

Those not taken from forums are usually taken by friends the account info has been shared with.

Very few are hacked by keyloggers, but it does happen, although not so much in L2 now that there is a clicky PIN.

Ultra, ultra rarely, there is a breach at NC. I remember twice in 8 years accounts compromised from within.

This recent wave of hacking is most likely caused by using the same user/pass/PIN on official as on a private server. So, most people reading this, think, "private server lawl" and move on.

It's not that we're not sympathetic that you lost your official stuff, it's more that we're not sympathetic that you played on a private server. Maybe you didn't, but the timing of your post makes us think you did. Call us shallow.

So there's some very small chance you did absolutely nothing wrong and got hacked. But more than likely you bought gold, registered for a bot, shared your account, or used the same user/pass on a fansite or private server. All of those things are pretty stupid and don't garner a lot of sympathy. Thems the breaks /shrug
Old 07-04-2012, 09:01 AM   #28
fastfrequency
Elpy

Thanks for all your replied but it just make my pooint valid.... all selfish basters
Old 07-04-2012, 09:10 AM   #29
sercatum
Imperial Warlord

sercatum will become famous soon enoughsercatum will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
Ye, weird that mostly accounts get "hacked" of ppl that have then only 1-2 posts or are pretty new to L2.
No for me most weird is:
"Hello I just start L2 ... and mine epics has been stolen"

I can bet 1:100 one bought that account (ok friend gave for free!) and now friend just re-claim account.
BB!
Old 07-04-2012, 09:18 AM   #30
fastfrequency
Elpy

stupid ****** to the post above. I been playing since 2004 and never post anything until my account is ****... again poor my point this community is full of social trash like the person who just posted
Old 07-04-2012, 09:24 AM   #31
Impluo
Elpy

Impluo is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know if NCsoft has changed any of their practices with restoring items but...

I used to play in 2004 and had a guild mate screw with another guild mate. The 1st mate thought it'd be funny to xfer all of the gear from the 2nd guild mate. 2nd guild mate logged in later that day and freaked out, "I've been hacked!!" and immediately contacted NCsoft. Guild mate 1 was banned for good and guild mate 2 never got his gear back
Old 07-04-2012, 09:34 AM   #32
qruh
Banned

qruh is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
stupid ****** to the post above. I been playing since 2004 and never post anything until my account is ****... again poor my point this community is full of social trash like the person who just posted
where? where did you play? else you would know how nc soft treats such incidents
Old 07-04-2012, 10:01 AM   #33
sercatum
Imperial Warlord

sercatum will become famous soon enoughsercatum will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Point is community have seen so many people like you that we lost our social empathy.
ehmm ...
8 years ? and you don't know simple game mechanics?
Quote:
how they took all my bound stuff? wtf?

Tell your in-game name of main and server what you play and come from
I will - apologize you.
If by any chance I know you I might even send you in game some adena

Last edited by sercatum; 07-04-2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:06 AM   #34
Dreamer
Beleth's Slave

Dreamer has a spectacular aura about themDreamer has a spectacular aura about themDreamer has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Maybe you should do some search for similiar topics. Most of them turned out being botted accounts, or the OP just never replied.

Hey maybe you also "magically" lost some XP during night like a other guy while we got a nice fraps posted of the OP botting with auto rez up

Ye, that are the kind of posts we faced over the years (greatly increased while f2p and happened mostly to new players)

PS: Doubt you play L2 for that long on this servers, else you would know better. BB, hf and gl with recovering your account/gear.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:04 AM   #35
Yunalesca
Antharas

Yunalesca is a jewel in the roughYunalesca is a jewel in the roughYunalesca is a jewel in the rough

Play since 2004...suure!
A 2004 player would know telling on forum doesn't help you.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:29 AM   #36
fastfrequency
Elpy

again prove my point. No wonder this game is dropping population but then left with people like you.........
Old 07-04-2012, 11:39 AM   #37
Krissa
Spezion

Krissa is a splendid one to beholdKrissa is a splendid one to beholdKrissa is a splendid one to beholdKrissa is a splendid one to beholdKrissa is a splendid one to beholdKrissa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I been playing since 2004
Quote:
again poor my point this community is full of social trash
Took you a little long to notice, didn't it?

Actually, people are so rude to you because they think that social trash is you. And with your posts you are giving them more and more reasons to believe in that.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:00 PM   #38
ZuFF
Remnant Diabolist

ZuFF is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Listen ... the reason you get no sympathy is pretty simple. If a guy turns up at work and tells his boss he's late cause aliens abducted him he will get no sympathy. Same applies to people that claim they are hacked.

To access an account you need 3 bits of information: account username, account password and account pin. Even if you somehow had a keylogger installed on your pc, the hacker could steal your username and password but they would still be unable to get the pin. Therefore would be unable to access the account. So logic dictates that no, the CIA KGB Stazi and MI6 didn't conspire to instal hidden cameras in your computer room so they could see you clicking your pin and steal your account. Logic dictates that you somehow compromised the security of your account yourself.

And in the greater scheme of things it doesn't matter if we believe you or not. It's not like ncsoft runs a poll, and if we believe you you will get your stuff back but if we don't believe you you won't. NCSoft will investigate and at best will give you a set of armor/jewels and weapon, all bound items. That's their policy. You won't get your items back, you won't get your adena back. So quit complaining. You are Mr 2 posts and suddenly demand we all suspend disbelief and accept as fact that a system that is pretty much hacker safe failed you. Well sorry, we don't.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:04 PM   #39
Tiferet1
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Tiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to behold

There's also a chance that you can get the MA password because often MA and game account password are the same (unless you're catious enough to change at least one of them right after confirmation). But still, to change PIN, I believe you need to insert some information like date of birth and security questions...
Old 07-04-2012, 01:09 PM   #40
ZuFF
Remnant Diabolist

ZuFF is an unknown quantity at this point

to access the PlayNC account you need to answer 2 security questions. Then to change the pin you need the Old Pin. And to have NCWest change your pin for you you need to answer a long list of questions including Date of Birth, CD Keys associated with the account etc etc.
Closed Thread