Lineage II Forums  
Old 04-14-2012, 02:07 PM   #1
Miss
Elpy

Miss is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Bots bots bots

I've been reporting bots at MOS for the past month now. Ncsoft is not doing anything about it and I am starting to think its NCSOFT bots! I got a mail from GM salty and arthur saying they couldnt detect any bot program fro mthose bots at MOS. They also said that they have WARNED! the bots about it. Seriously? What happen to instant ban of using bot program? Maybe I should bot too then right? LOL.

if you have perma reds come to mos i'll summon u :P been pvping with them and i got +58 pvp points from D:

Last edited by Miss; 04-14-2012 at 02:24 PM.
Miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:40 AM   #2
SINEKT
Goblin Lord

SINEKT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bots bots bots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss View Post
What happen to instant ban of using bot program? Maybe I should bot too then right? LOL.
Programming is tricky stuff dude. If the client bot uses stuff that the server doesn't recognize or it's another version, or it's made in such a way that it perfectly simulates a human (I guess time delays would be a great method), then it will not be detected. Now I don't know anything about what the GMs have in mind with these bots, I'm just sayin'. Automatic stuff doesn't always work.
SINEKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:50 AM   #3
TowHo
Banned

Location: Avoiding ugly seamonsters that are OBVIOUSLY jealous of my inner & outer beauty.
TowHo is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: Bots bots bots

Quote:
I've been reporting bots at MOS for the past month now. Ncsoft is not doing anything about it and I am starting to think its NCSOFT bots! I got a mail from GM salty and arthur saying they couldnt detect any bot program fro mthose bots at MOS. They also said that they have WARNED! the bots about it. Seriously? What happen to instant ban of using bot program? Maybe I should bot too then right? LOL.

if you have perma reds come to mos i'll summon u :P been pvping with them and i got +58 pvp points from D:
I don't know what to do either. (I currently don't play because of the botters) Because I have personally emailed in screen shots of botters, screen shots of people openly admitting to sharing accounts, screen shots of people saying the most awful things to one another. I log in the other day, and the one person I reported the most is still in game! My x-boyfriend reported her, his constant team leader reported her, nothing. No, Its not fair, but It's life. Game is slowly coming to an end. They are doing exactly what they did in c1. Destroying the game, eventually people will let it die. Sad, because i myself played since 2004, and finally gave up on November 14th, 2011. Just like in outside chaos, creates and abusive jerks are the ones who get ahead, with no punushment, while honest players are stuck signing out with next to nothing. God luck to you, i hope it gets better for you. Dont bother reporting, nothing will get done. Just try an have fun, make friends, and get your characters to be the best.
TowHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:21 PM   #4
Cardek
Purgatory Shadow

Cardek will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Unfortunately for you, they haven't cared for like...10 years or something.
Cardek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:55 PM   #5
TowHo
Banned

Location: Avoiding ugly seamonsters that are OBVIOUSLY jealous of my inner & outer beauty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardek View Post
Unfortunately for you, they haven't cared for like...10 years or something.
No, they care. They do, I personally met anew of them at Pax East when NC came to Boston. I had some talks with Sace and Moxie, more Moxie, so I fully believe in them. Sometimes, playere are sneaky and smart. Some squeak by, some don't.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:29 PM   #6
Cardek
Purgatory Shadow

Cardek will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowHo View Post
No, they care. They do, I personally met anew of them at Pax East when NC came to Boston. I had some talks with Sace and Moxie, more Moxie, so I fully believe in them. Sometimes, playere are sneaky and smart. Some squeak by, some don't.
As if it's hard to spot a ******* bot. They don't care, however hard they may try to make people think otherwise.
Cardek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:31 PM   #7
TowHo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardek View Post
As if it's hard to spot a ******* bot. They don't care, however hard they may try to make people think otherwise.
I read some where that GMs aren't around as much as they used to be. Maybe its true. I don't know, I don't log In except to let my boyfriend borrow my gear. I log in and out as fast as i can so no one pm's me. :/

Last edited by TowHo; 04-19-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:13 PM   #8
Mighty!
Grave Predator

Mighty! is an unknown quantity at this point

At Monastery of Silence MOS? Those are mentors farming mentee coin, which isn't RMT. NC shuts down big operations and bots in public spots that annoy people

If someone put a 7-man train in Shrine of Loyal and stayed there a length of time (days/weeks?), it would get banned. Granted, leveling out of SoL takes... a day of botting or something? Seven toons there is silliness anyway. But every person who thinks doing the daily there is efficient exp would petition them is the point, because they would be obvious and irritating.

In the length of time it would take to accumulate enough petitions for NCsoft to care, and check out the claims, those MOS bots are graduated. If they are still there, then the person botting them is bad at it and not worth NC's time.

I'm sure there's a cost-benefit formula of revenue lost over "friends who have quit cuz of botting" exaggeration, those friends actually quitting because they got banned and won't admit it, and the overly-vocal complainers that you see here just like on Amazon complaining about how an electronic device caught fire (seriously?) NC is a business, and it has a business model, with an acceptable disapproval rating that's factored in.

When it comes to bots, imagine that it could just as easily be a jerk or a noob or a pk'er or a griefer or whatever. Bots that do so politely... improve the player etiquette in this game. And they don't whine as much as some people.

Not to be 7-yr veteran about it, but I mean, that's life. That's the internet. That's gaming anywhere. Some people really like customer service in MMO's, because they like the personal attention. It's says something about their psychology, wanting to feel special, wanting to know they matter. But generalizing about such motivations, especially over the internet, is a waste of my ti
Mighty! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:37 PM   #9
TowHo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty! View Post
At Monastery of Silence MOS? Those are mentors farming mentee coin, which isn't RMT. NC shuts down big operations and bots in public spots that annoy people

If someone put a 7-man train in Shrine of Loyal and stayed there a length of time (days/weeks?), it would get banned. Granted, leveling out of SoL takes... a day of botting or something? Seven toons there is silliness anyway. But every person who thinks doing the daily there is efficient exp would petition them is the point, because they would be obvious and irritating.

In the length of time it would take to accumulate enough petitions for NCsoft to care, and check out the claims, those MOS bots are graduated. If they are still there, then the person botting them is bad at it and not worth NC's time.

I'm sure there's a cost-benefit formula of revenue lost over "friends who have quit cuz of botting" exaggeration, those friends actually quitting because they got banned and won't admit it, and the overly-vocal complainers that you see here just like on Amazon complaining about how an electronic device caught fire (seriously?) NC is a business, and it has a business model, with an acceptable disapproval rating that's factored in.

When it comes to bots, imagine that it could just as easily be a jerk or a noob or a pk'er or a griefer or whatever. Bots that do so politely... improve the player etiquette in this game. And they don't whine as much as some people.

Not to be 7-yr veteran about it, but I mean, that's life. That's the internet. That's gaming anywhere. Some people really like customer service in MMO's, because they like the personal attention. It's says something about their psychology, wanting to feel special, wanting to know they matter. But generalizing about such motivations, especially over the internet, is a waste of my ti
1) I've seen the obvious and irritating squeak by for a year.

2) I logged in 3 hours ago and set off my wondrous cubics on all 3 of my accounts, so I'm not banned.

3) I don't think any form of botting is polite. A cheat is a cheat and if NC says 'no' to it, it shouldn't be allowed. Or tolerated.

p.s. Saying I left over 'bots' was in reference to the last clan I was in, not the little bot partie like the ones in the catacombs for example...

Last edited by TowHo; 04-19-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:53 PM   #10
Analhanna
Elpy

Analhanna is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Bots bots bots

I would love to see the weekly calendar of a GM. to see what they exactly do.

Because during their working day, they should have at least the time to watch over a dozen spots, watching how players do and just see day after day the toons recurently botting, warn them once, but not twice. that was some of them did in C2 and it was quite efficent at a point.

it's been a long time that players does'nt fear the GM hammer anymore, and the new rules about PK/Fame made finally an even easier way for bots.

Now getting red only gets you a dozen ******bags running after you hoping to get a green title or at least be able to kill someone.

but then again, just play until that kills you, then leave. if NC loves bots so much, just let them alone with it
Analhanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:47 AM   #11
Belophan
Baylor

Belophan has a spectacular aura about themBelophan has a spectacular aura about them

lvl a new char to 60 ish, wich takes a few hour and u will have met 100+ bots
Belophan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:01 AM   #12
Colorado
Banned

Colorado will become famous soon enough

Low level bots don't make great problems for server.
The problem is great bots inside prision of darkness and another 90+ spots.
Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:52 AM   #13
lvlup
Tainted Zombie

lvlup is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

This is contradictory mate. If they detected no bot programs what bots did they warn then?
lvlup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:00 AM   #14
ChocoLuv
Elpy

ChocoLuv is an unknown quantity at this point

They prefer to give congratz to bots for reaching certain level, than to ban them.
ChocoLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:17 AM   #15
Cook
Dark Knight

Cook will become famous soon enough

If they are PvPing, they are not afk.

Are they botting in PvP?

Keep reporting them. Keep screenshots of their parties. If they are botting, you can post those ss a few months from now when they try to work their toon into a legitimate clan.
Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:46 AM   #16
Elrohir
Shilen

Elrohir is a splendid one to beholdElrohir is a splendid one to beholdElrohir is a splendid one to beholdElrohir is a splendid one to beholdElrohir is a splendid one to beholdElrohir is a splendid one to beholdElrohir is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado View Post
Low level bots don't make great problems for server.
The problem is great bots inside prision of darkness and another 90+ spots.
They make a horrible first impression to new players. Have you seen 40 dorfs stacked on top of each other at the quest NPCs? Would you keep playing if that was the first thing you saw when you started?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook View Post
You've never seen someone bot support toons in PvP? Really?
Elrohir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:53 AM   #17
Tiferet1
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Tiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Are they botting in PvP?

Keep reporting them. Keep screenshots of their parties. If they are botting, you can post those ss a few months from now when they try to work their toon into a legitimate clan.
In Naia, I see people typing while PvPing.
Tiferet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:42 PM   #18
Trenshero
Remnant Diabolist

Trenshero is on a distinguished road

MoS is unplayable most times because of the bot groups. All of the good rooms have 2 Wynn Summonrs + 1 Iss botting while one mentee/PLee is standing on the sidelines just getting XP 75-90% of the time. I've run through there and see all the long rooms with that setup in them. If you kill them, they come right back and continue botting, assuming an enforcer doesn't come to protect them (usually a Tyr Warrior or Othell Dagger).

When they're in there the only MOBs you have to XP are scraps in rooms where only like 5 MOBs spawn. It's absolutely out of control.
Trenshero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:43 PM   #19
Trenshero
Remnant Diabolist

Trenshero is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Are they botting in PvP?

Nothing will happen. I've had GMs claim they checked bots only for me to log in 5 minutes after getting the email to see the same bot botting in the same spot, and it still wasn't banned months later.

At least there is more choice now. Back in the day if you weren't 3-4 boxing boxed buffers you basically couldn't XP with the bots in all the good spots. Moss full, go to AL.

Last edited by Sace; 05-04-2012 at 02:03 PM. Reason: false info/slander removed
Trenshero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:19 PM   #20
Oranj
Goblin Lord

Oranj is an unknown quantity at this point

if you think ncsoft does anything about bots, you obviously havent looked at the top adena earners list. out of all mmo's l2 has a notorious problem with farmers and bots. firstly its the game's economy. its almost designed to be farmed. they could've fixed it, but they left it.
what is not revealed is the influence of the finance department. Im sure GM's want to ban bots but they have their hands tied. It's a business, subs are low. Priorities
Oranj is offline   Reply With Quote