Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > Player Questions

Login

Player Questions Attention new players (and veterans too)! Do you have questions about Lineage II? Looking for a drop? Need tips on a quest? Come on in and ask your questions here--players of all experience levels are welcome!

Old 06-27-2012, 12:36 PM   #1
G.Goat
Elpy

G.Goat is on a distinguished road
Default Cleric, am I doing it wrong?

Well, I just made my first char, a human cleric, and quested my way to lvl20 over. Now recently, I grouped up with a few other chars to kill a boss mob, forgot what the name was. A cameluka quest thing.

Now, after several defeat, some because the leader decided to restart, and most because they keep entering and leaving the area causing the 5 minute dungeon deletion countdown to start, the leader blamed me for not being able to kill the boss in time.

Ok, on to my question. Do the clerics have some sort of ability I don't know about? I stopped halfway through my mana reserve so I can heal the leader, who is also the tank, who also then asked me to hit the boss. So I did. It doesn't bother particularly that he called me a noob(basically I am, being new and all), but it does lead me to ask if I am playing the cleric right. Any tips or advice for my class?
G.Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:39 PM   #2
Kordesh
Guardian Archangel

Kordesh will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Cleric, am I doing it wrong?

you are a healer, it is your job to heal not DD.

If you did not have enough DD power for the kama, then the party should of
invited another DD to the grp.

Last edited by Kordesh; 06-27-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Kordesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:07 PM   #3
Krissa
Spezion

Krissa is a splendid one to beholdKrissa is a splendid one to beholdKrissa is a splendid one to beholdKrissa is a splendid one to beholdKrissa is a splendid one to beholdKrissa is a splendid one to behold

The answer to the title: no.

At first, I wanted to recommend you to stop wasting your time on Kamalokas. But you are playing a cleric, so you are supposed to have those type of social interactions. At your level, it's only possible in Kamalokas

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Goat View Post
Ok, on to my question. Do the clerics have some sort of ability I don't know about?
I'm not sure if the newbie buffs include Might buff now. If not, that might be the stuff your party wanted from you.

In general, healers are not expected to deal damage to fat mobs. However, in very weak groups every little bit of damage helps.

Quote:
I stopped halfway through my mana reserve so I can heal the leader, who is also the tank, who also then asked me to hit the boss. So I did. It doesn't bother particularly that he called me a noob(basically I am, being new and all), but it does lead me to ask if I am playing the cleric right. Any tips or advice for my class?
Level solo to 56+ (pick Bishop as your 2nd class), then start joining ToI parties as a healer. But consider doing it only for the social aspect of it; you will still get better XP by soloing as a nuker.

And if you don't want to be blamed for your party's failures, reroll a DD right now. (Summoner might be good too, if you still want to have something to heal)
Krissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:56 PM   #4
G.Goat
Elpy

Yeah I do have Might, and I did cast it on relevant party members. And I don't think I'm suited for DD.

Thanks for the help you two. I'll keep those advices in mind.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:56 PM   #5
Ceasar
Hungry Spirit

Ceasar is on a distinguished road

The only other thing I can tell you is once you are a bishop, you will get a fairly strong nuke. In parties, if they are not needing a lot of healing, then yea...go ahead and help w/ damage.

It never hurts to whack a boss either if he doesn't have strong aoe or something that could risk killing you if you are too close, but yea...your primary job is healing which sounds like you were doing ok.

As Krissa said, if you don't want to be blamed for anything, best make a DD. I'm a healer main and it get's really frustrating. I had an ISS (in vorpal robes) get pissy because he was getting one shotted in kartia (can't heal against boss doing more damage than all your hp and lack of defense) & he wouldn't listen to the whole group telling him to put knight harmony on himself.... Welcome to the wonderful world of healing.

Last edited by Ceasar; 06-27-2012 at 05:58 PM.
Ceasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:00 PM   #6
Grular
Hungry Spirit

Grular is an unknown quantity at this point

As a cleric, you're a buffer/healer ( and some debuff).
So your first job in a party is to provide for everyone buff ( don't put all buff on all char, some buff are totally useless, and some are only usefull for fighter or mystic. Exemple of useless buff : Kiss of Eva. Buff useless for mystic : Might. Buff Useless for Fighter : Empower ( you don't have this one). Read correctly the description of all your skills).

When the HP of one of your party member fall down, heal it with appropriate skills ( again read carefully description).

I have a Question for you, what do you want to be when you'll be a grow-up ?
You have 2 choice: Bishop or Prophet.

( here is a very very brief description of main job, those 2 class have more to do that the onlythink i describe).

Bishop is a pure healing-class who can heal with extremely strong heal and cure debuff. He can use magic to defend himself or to kill mobs. Awakened class is Aeore Healer.

Prophet is a pure buff class who can provide strong buff on each party member. he can use low magic to defend himself or kill but he can use fighting weapon too. Awakened class is Iss Enchanter.

If you're in Naia you can pm/mail me (Grular) to ask more info or advice.
Bishop and prophet are my 2 loved-class and i tell you that you make a good choice
Grular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:52 AM   #7
Krissa
Spezion

Krissa is a splendid one to beholdKrissa is a splendid one to beholdKrissa is a splendid one to beholdKrissa is a splendid one to beholdKrissa is a splendid one to beholdKrissa is a splendid one to behold

Don't make your first toon a Prophet, you will regret it. Prophet is the least useful, the most boring class in the game.
Krissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:00 AM   #8
G.Goat
Elpy

@Caesar Well the boss did have some aoe. A stun aoe. And yay for me entering the world of healing.

@Grular I think Im in Shilen. And Bishop does sound cool. I get confused if there are too many buffs to sort through.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:45 AM   #9
Dreikogx
Tainted Zombie

Dreikogx is an unknown quantity at this point

Hehe. it's not that part that you get to worry about.
1st. If you haven't noticed yet go to the path to awakening site in order to get some C-grade armor,weapon and a mentee certificate. The latter is the most important since you will use it to get a mentor and thus you get powerful buffs and xp boost.
2nd When it comes to prophet due to what i stated above is the most useless class atm (it can only autoattack). It awakens to ISS enchanter, though there are better classes (and more fun) to do that. If there is any more questions you have fell free to tell

Last edited by Dreikogx; 06-28-2012 at 06:34 AM.
Dreikogx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:23 AM   #10
Dreamer
Beleth's Slave

Dreamer has a spectacular aura about themDreamer has a spectacular aura about themDreamer has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Well, I just made my first char, a human cleric
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreikogx View Post
Hehe. it's not that part that you get to worry about.
1st. From your point i get that you are a DE that has become a shilien saint
Aehmm..

Quote:
2nd When it comes to bishop due to what i stated above is the most useless class atm (it can only autoattack). It awakens to ISS enchanter, though there are better classes (and more fun) to do that. If there is any more questions you have fell free to tell
Pls drink your cup of coffee first.

Cleric ->Bishop -> Cardinal -> awakens into Aeroe Healer

Bishop has "Divine Punishment" which is a nuke skill.
He also has Nuke Skills against undead Monsters
http://www.l2archive.com/skills/human/bishop (should help you)

So please, don't help until you are 100% sure that you are correct.
Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:53 AM   #11
Tiferet1
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Tiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreikogx View Post
2nd When it comes to bishop due to what i stated above is the most useless class atm (it can only autoattack).
Quote of the day!
Tiferet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:32 AM   #12
Dreikogx
Tainted Zombie

Dreikogx is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok ok i mistook the classes you don't have to kill me for that . Anyway it's true Bishop goes to aeore while prophet goes to ISS. I apologize for the mistake.
Dreikogx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:52 AM   #13
Dreamer
Beleth's Slave

Dreamer has a spectacular aura about themDreamer has a spectacular aura about themDreamer has a spectacular aura about them

npnp, this can happen without a big cup of coffee.
Tif and i can tell you that out of our own experience
Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote