Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Community Corner > Player Guides

Login

Player Guides Players that create guides and collections of game tips can post them here. If you have questions please post in the Player Questions section above!

Old 01-01-2006, 04:31 PM   #1
L2Girl
Imperial Warlord

L2Girl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default “Little Wing” Hatchling Quest Guide

“Little Wing” Hatchling Quest Guide
By L2Girl

Basics: Quest that must be completed in order to obtain a pet hatchling. Visit Pet Manager Cooper and tell him that you wish to raise a hatchling as a pet. He will tell you to meet Wiseman Cronos of Hunters Village for aid.

Level: 35
Start: Giran Castle Town
NPC: Pet Manager Cooper
Races: All
Classes: All
Repeatable: Yes
Type: Solo
Reward: One Dragonflute of Wind, Twilight or Star (Level 35 hatchling); 20 hatchling food (see below for details)

1. Go to Giran Castle Town and visit Pet Manager Cooper. In C3, he is located by the Luxury Shop. He will tell you to go to Hunter’s Village and visit Wiseman Cronos, who is located near the Gatekeeper.

http://img318.imageshack.us/my.php?image=quest15jk.jpg

2. Wiseman Cronos preaches a bit about raising a hatchling. He tells you to find the fairies in Enchanted Valley who know all about raising hatchlings.

http://img318.imageshack.us/my.php?image=quest22yt.jpg

http://img318.imageshack.us/my.php?image=quest39ao.jpg

3. http://img318.imageshack.us/my.php?image=quest43co.jpg

4. Cronos tells you that you must get a fairy stone. There are two kinds: regular and deluxe. The regular one takes fewer items to make. You will receive a list of the following ingredients depending on which stone version you choose:

Regular Fairy Stone
10 Coal
10 Charcoal
1 D-gemstone
10 Toad Lord back skins

Deluxe Fairy Stone
10 Coal
10 Charcoal
1 C-gemstone
1 Stone of Purity
5 Silver nuggets
20 Toad Lord back skins

The “mystery” he speaks of is simply this: you’ll be given fairy dust in exchange for the higher version stone by the fairy. At the end of the quest, turn this in and you’ll get 20 hatchling food.

http://img318.imageshack.us/my.php?image=quest59ed.jpg

5. Cronos tells you there is a woman in Dion named Maria who will make the fairy stone for you, once you’ve gathered all the ingredients. Maria can be found in the corner of the Dion Magic Shop.

http://img318.imageshack.us/my.php?image=quest62ug.jpg

6. All of the items are easily purchasable except the toad skin. Port to Dion and then go to the Cruma Swamps. Toad Lords hover low in the water and can be found on land. They are usually located in the ring of swamp closest to the tower. At level 36, the Toad Lords are green.

http://img318.imageshack.us/my.php?image=quest74sz.jpg

7. When you have collected the skins, go back to Dion and visit Maria who is standing in the corner of the Magic Shop. Have all of the ingredients for the fairy stone in your inventory. Go ahead and click “wait” in the quest box. Basically Maria is putting everything together. She’ll give you either a regular or deluxe fairy stone. For this guide, I chose Deluxe.

http://img318.imageshack.us/my.php?image=quest83vt.jpg

8. Take the stone back to Wiseman Cronos in Hunter’s Village. He will tell you to take the completed stone to Guard Byron in Hunter’s Village. He is located near the large entrance to HV (in C3 that is near the Priest of Dawn).

9. Guard Byron will ask to see the Fairy Stone. He tells you the stone will help attract the fairy. You will need to go to the northern part of Enchanted Valley to find the fairy. The actual location is under the first waterfall you come to. But note: Deluxe Stone users will be told they MUST NOT attack anything on the way to see the fairy. Regular users don’t get this message. If you have a Deluxe Stone getting to the fairy will be fine if, once at the waterfall, you don’t pull the attention of the Satyr inside. The fairy is at one of the three waterfall entrances.

http://img318.imageshack.us/my.php?image=quest93ti.jpg

10. Take the Gatekeeper to the Northern part of Enchanted Valley. Run down the slope until you come to the entrance to the waterfall. The fairy Mymyu will be there (there are 3 openings).

http://img318.imageshack.us/my.php?image=quest103yv.jpg

11. Give her the fairy stone. She gave me fairy dust because I had the deluxe stone. Explain to her what you are doing, then ask her what happened to the drakes and wyverns. She tells you that drakes and wyverns are looking for their stolen eggs. There are five drakes/wyverns mentioned and their approximate locations:

Drake Exarion – west of Oren on top of a mountain
Drake Kalibran – southwest of Oren on top of a mountain
Wyvern Suzet – northwest side of Death Pass near a mountainous region
Wyvern Shamhai – south of Hunter’s Village/low west mountains of Death Pass
Drake Zwov – reservoir east of Lake Iris

http://img318.imageshack.us/my.php?image=quest110cl.jpg

12. The fairy gives you a vial of monkshood. For this guide I chose to go for Drake Zwov. Please note the description the fairy gives is lame. It is more accurate to say the drake is located south of Oren. Cross the bridge and follow the river. You cannot access this drake from the Elven Village area.

http://img318.imageshack.us/my.php?image=quest124hx.jpg

13. Choose to help find the missing eggs. Now, here is where the Little Wing quest might stray for you. Each drake and wyvern has a location where their stolen eggs must be found. So the next part only applies to Drake Zwov.

I was sent back to Cruma March to kill March Spiders and recover 20 of Drake Zwov’s eggs.

http://img318.imageshack.us/my.php?image=quest133kt.jpg

http://img318.imageshack.us/my.php?i...uest13a9ba.jpg

14. After getting the 20 eggs, I went back to Drake Zwov. She says I brought back 21 eggs and that one is not hers. Take it to Fairy Mymyu in Enchanted Valley. I gave her the egg and the fairy dust. She gave me 20 hatchling food and a Dragonflute of Wind.

http://img318.imageshack.us/my.php?image=quest140am.jpg
ThePurifier Wind Strider -- 60
L2Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 05:39 PM   #2
Kiranya
Beleth's Slave

Kiranya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: “Little Wing” Hatchling Quest Guide

Awesome guide.

And to prevent it from ever being buried under threads, this guide is being mirrored at:

L2DancesWithWolves.com
Old 01-01-2006, 05:48 PM   #3
Eriot
Grave Predator

Eriot is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats a realy good guide!

6x SH
Eriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 09:04 PM   #4
L2Girl
Imperial Warlord

Thanks! It's my first.

I neglected to mention a major thanks to my clanmates for running all over Aden and waiting patiently while I took screenshots, etc. We're going to do the same for the other remaining wyverns/drakes so the guide will be 100% accurate and detailed.
Old 01-01-2006, 11:24 PM   #5
jkoster
Baylor

jkoster is just really nicejkoster is just really nicejkoster is just really nicejkoster is just really nicejkoster is just really nice

Outstanding, L2Girl. Thank you very much for making this. I have a few people in my clan who are interested in getting some hatchlings, so I'll link them to your wonderful guide here.

I tell you, it would have been easier for my first two times if I had this.
Old 01-02-2006, 03:58 AM   #6
Stanimir
Remnant Diabolist

Stanimir is an unknown quantity at this point

Excellent guide but just one thing: Delux is just a waste of resources (esp. time for extra toad skins).
Stanimir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 04:34 AM   #7
L2Girl
Imperial Warlord

[ QUOTE ]
Outstanding, L2Girl. Thank you very much for making this. I have a few people in my clan who are interested in getting some hatchlings, so I'll link them to your wonderful guide here.

I tell you, it would have been easier for my first two times if I had this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aww, thank you, hon. Yes, locating the quest dragons are a royal pain. We'll need to do the other four wyverns just to get location screenshots and the quest info to update the guide. But at least your clannies have a place to start!
Old 01-02-2006, 04:36 AM   #8
L2Girl
Imperial Warlord

[ QUOTE ]
Excellent guide but just one thing: Delux is just a waste of resources (esp. time for extra toad skins).

[/ QUOTE ]

Howdy,

Yes, for some it may be, but my place is not to judge -- just suffer through and catalog it for the community. I know making my clannies wait for me while I collected 20 toad skins was ....fun. They love me. Really.....no, really!
Old 01-02-2006, 08:33 PM   #9
L2Girl
Imperial Warlord

OMG! The forum gods have ruled this STICKY WORTHY! YAY!
Old 01-03-2006, 07:06 AM   #10
Choch
Imperial Warlord

Choch is an unknown quantity at this point

[ QUOTE ]
We're going to do the same for the other remaining wyverns/drakes so the guide will be 100% accurate and detailed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Keep us updated and thanks for the submission!
Old 01-03-2006, 07:59 AM   #11
L2Girl
Imperial Warlord

Wow, you made it look pretty!
Old 01-04-2006, 07:29 AM   #12
Husje
Remnant Diabolist

Husje is on a distinguished road

I find Drake Kalibran the easiest. its pretty close to the fairy. But the thing I dont understand is you have to get 20 eggs right? Call me devilisch but what stops you from hatching them all instead of of 1? Damm quest mechanics
Old 01-09-2006, 10:29 AM   #13
sacura
Hungry Spirit

sacura is an unknown quantity at this point

Is anyone knows whats the trick with obtaining the Twilight or Star ? I have done the quest 2 times and got Dragonflute of Wind both times. Someone told me it was time sensitive, but the second time I completed the quest for not more than a hour. I used the two times the 2 different stones Maria makes, but both times I went to Drake Zwov. Any advices ?
sacura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 11:21 AM   #14
L2Girl
Imperial Warlord

[ QUOTE ]
Is anyone knows whats the trick with obtaining the Twilight or Star ? I have done the quest 2 times and got Dragonflute of Wind both times. Someone told me it was time sensitive, but the second time I completed the quest for not more than a hour. I used the two times the 2 different stones Maria makes, but both times I went to Drake Zwov. Any advices ?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no "trick" as far as I know. It's luck.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:50 PM   #15
Gio
Elpy

Gio is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the leveling guide.

Really appreciate it. <3
Old 01-29-2006, 03:37 AM   #16
Bloodfest
Heathen Knight

Bloodfest is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know if I just been lucky, but i've done the quest 3 times with a regular stone and all 3 times got a wind hatchling, the 4th time I picked a deluxe stone and got a star hatchling... could be luck, or could be that deluxe stone increases the chance of getting the 'good' hatchling ^^
Bloodfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 03:48 PM   #17
Savian
Hungry Spirit

Savian is an unknown quantity at this point

I just got the quest from Cooper, I´t showing "Recommended Level :35 Abnormal" in my quest pannel. Is it hummm normal?
Savian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 04:41 PM   #18
L2Girl
Imperial Warlord

[ QUOTE ]
I just got the quest from Cooper, I´t showing "Recommended Level :35 Abnormal" in my quest pannel. Is it hummm normal?

[/ QUOTE ]

The message you received is normal. The "Abnormal" part means you will get one of three hatchlings -- but there's no ctertainty as to which one.
Old 02-16-2006, 07:28 AM   #19
CraftyRed3
Dark Knight

CraftyRed3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I ran this quest 5 times in one day. Running the entire thing to make max profit. I always go to the Breka orc baracks, the Wyvern is death pass on the hill. some quest guides show him On the other side of mountain don't fall for that. It took me hr to figure out he was on the other side enter from death pass. then its just a short trip down the raod to Break orc Barracks. just north or Girian. There on the top level Theres noramly a "Boos there"now hes a Raid Boss so need to worry about the agro. Then just get to killing Great xp if your around lvl 40.The Mobs in area drop Brig recipes. And you recieve a Egg 1 in 3 kills of the Over lords. They are agro so you can run around and gather them up. But i found that more than 5 per round up decreases Quest item gain. Could just be me though. I did this like i said 5 times in one day for clanys. It is total random. On what you get. I got 2 wind,2 stars,1 Twilight. Your post is right on the money . I wil try another one soon and sale the pixy dust to store to see if it pays any thing or cancle out quest. One last thing when you return the eggs to Wyvern and she give you one back don't soe from the hill side go down to the path Fron the hill soe takes you to dion ,now you have realy long run or extra teleports to get back to northern entrance of E/v.
CraftyRed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 08:02 AM   #20
L2Girl
Imperial Warlord

Hehehe, great job, CraftyRed! You're a regular hatch-quest machine! LOL!