Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > Game Suggestions

Login

Game Suggestions Share your ideas for new or modified game features

Old 05-02-2006, 06:16 AM   #1
Andothe
Imperial Warlord

Andothe is on a distinguished road
Default Valley of Saints

This might be considered whining, but I wanted to give it a shot and see what NCSoft has to say:

I recently started levelling in valley of saints. When I got there, my clannies told me the blades dropped a good B grade recipe, so I commenced to hunting them. I am able to 2 shot them on my subclass, so I wasn't really concerned about the 2nd blade spawning.

My problem is with the auto targgeting caused by the mob. When you hit the first blade, the 2nd spawns randomly. After I kill the first blade, I target the 2nd one as he does his own self buff, I can usually get off one nuke while the 2nd blade is porting. When he ports on top of me, dealing about 120 dmg just for landing next to me, they have a function where it targets the 2nd one for you. Almost exactly like the shamans that morph in forsaken plains. What the problem is, if you already have it targetted, it causes you to attack, as if you double clicked on him. I figured it was just the way the mob was, but as I played with the featuer, I realized it must be bugged. Sometimes the auto target works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes the mob ports on top of you instantly, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes the blade spawns the 2nd one as soon as you hit it, sometimes it doesn't spawn one at all.

When it is just one blade set, it really isn't a problem. My biggest headache is the auto target function. Say I nuke an anger mob with a blade next to it. The blade ports on top of me, sometimes interrupting my casting on the anger. If I sleep the blade and retarget the anger, the second blade will spawn, and my target automatically switches to this second blade.

Is this a bug, or do I just need to suck it up?
Old 05-02-2006, 06:19 AM   #2
HIeverybody
Remnant Diabolist

HIeverybody is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Valley of Saints

you need to suck it up. Blades have hate. It isn't auto targeting.

<3 it or go play wow
HIeverybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 07:00 AM   #3
Warper
Banned

Warper is an unknown quantity at this point

As far as I remember, it's hate skill of the mob. That is, if mob uses agression on you, your target/attack is screwed.

As for spawning thing... from what I have got trying the area... there are different blade mobs connected to each other. And once one of them is atacked, another one ports in. Sometimes second one is already dead and you deal with only one.
Warper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 07:06 AM   #4
Andothe
Imperial Warlord

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you hunted in forsaken plains? When the shamans morph into tigers, you lose a target, then the target automatically comes up. The blades do the same thing. Since my nuke range is 900, and their range is 600 like every other mob in L2, how are they casting hate to make me target them from max range?
Old 05-02-2006, 07:10 AM   #5
HIeverybody
Remnant Diabolist

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you hunted in forsaken plains? When the shamans morph into tigers, you lose a target, then the target automatically comes up. The blades do the same thing. Since my nuke range is 900, and their range is 600 like every other mob in L2, how are they casting hate to make me target them from max range?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hunt in vos daily... and I did hunt in FP. The loss target thing is kind of an annoyance, but it isn't the blades that do that. The blades have a buddy somewhere else in VoS, and when 1 is attacked the other ports in, and hates you. There are some mobs that shapeshift in vos, and I agree they are a pain in the ***, but it isn't the blades.

<3 it or go play wow
Old 05-02-2006, 07:10 AM   #6
Khubilai
Goblin Lord

Khubilai is an unknown quantity at this point

Blades have switch not hate. Either kill the new target or add the "next target" command to your shortcut bar. This is not a bug but a part of the improved A.I. in chronicle 4.

....and yes you are whining

-Robert Nester Marley
Khubilai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 07:10 AM   #7
HIeverybody
Remnant Diabolist

[ QUOTE ]
Blades have switch not hate. Either kill the new target or add the "next target" command to your shortcut bar. This is not a bug but a part of the improved A.I. in chronicle 4.

....and yes you are whining

[/ QUOTE ]

what's the difference?

<3 it or go play wow
Old 05-02-2006, 07:14 AM   #8
Andothe
Imperial Warlord

I was just pist when I had two blades on me, plus a flash I was trying to kill as he was teh greater danger. I slept one blade, tried targetting the flash, ended up getting my target switched back. SH can't simply handle 4-5 mobs beating on them for long. Whining complete!!

The reason I wanted to know if it was a bug, is because it isn't consistent.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:16 AM   #9
HIeverybody
Remnant Diabolist

[ QUOTE ]
I was just pist when I had two blades on me, plus a flash I was trying to kill as he was teh greater danger. I slept one blade, tried targetting the flash, ended up getting my target switched back. SH can't simply handle 4-5 mobs beating on them for long. Whining complete!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel your pain. I play a necro myself... once i attacked a splender group with 2 blades in it. Lets just say my buff bot rezed me.

VoS is a nasty place. I <3 it. Never CDL there... I do for awhile, but I gave up after I lost 30% in an hour.

<3 it or go play wow
Old 05-02-2006, 07:26 AM   #10
Andothe
Imperial Warlord

You are very persistent. I give up on CDL if I die twice in a buffround hehe. I did get two top B recipes though in a 5 hour grind session. Very nice rewards for the pain, the quest is nice too. 6 enria for killing 300 mobs, isn't bad.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:50 AM   #11
PleChan
Beleth's Slave

PleChan is an unknown quantity at this point

They got hate yeah, it's not switch, Hate works like this for PC, first itme you target them, second time you attack it, but They just cast it once, How do I know this? yes Phantom Summoners Nightshade summon got hate so try it out with one.

As for drops ^^, the first one who you attack at start drop Blue Wolf Tunic rec.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:56 PM   #12
C0NAN
Banned

C0NAN is an unknown quantity at this point

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Get used to it, u chose a nuker, FOTM, and now me being a pally. gets to kick ur *** in C5.
HATE FTW.
GRATZ TO ALL THOSE PALLYS WHO STUCK IT OUT!!!!
C0NAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 12:58 PM   #13
SilverWolfEcho
Beleth's Slave

SilverWolfEcho is an unknown quantity at this point

[ QUOTE ]
Get used to it, u chose a nuker, FOTM, and now me being a pally. gets to kick ur *** in C5.
HATE FTW.

[/ QUOTE ]

That had a point?

Spellhowler/Saint/Lock
Warsmith/Elder

Not A Pony
SilverWolfEcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 01:01 PM   #14
C0NAN
Banned

C0NAN is an unknown quantity at this point

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
HATE FTW.

[/ QUOTE ]

That had a point?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. it did.
LOL
yea i know, im rubbing it in. i have been put on the back burner for skills in PVP for 4 chronicals, thats a long time.
now im worth a ****. and its all built up. so yes
i mean no
it didnt have a point.
Pallys FTW.
lol
C0NAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 06:51 PM   #15
nolerahl
Banned

nolerahl is an unknown quantity at this point

in fact they got both hate and switch.

cause of this and that the mobs are too low for me, I do not lvl there.

when you atk one mob, it will force switch to the other one that ports to you, if you re-target and atk that other mob it the secound mob will hate you to him while your in cast.

examplecause I know that sounds trixy)

Mob A: cast gloom.

Mob B: ports to player, simultaneously hits you. and you get hated.

Player: re-targets Mob A, and hits with DS.

Mob A: cast switch on player.

Mob B: takes hit from Player while player cast nuke.

while this is going on one mob is hitting you and the other is nuking.

the worst part of VoS is that they got trio group mobs that work this while 2 of them are nukers with a fast casting nuke, don't hit hard, but it cancels you a lot!
nolerahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 07:24 PM   #16
Kruken
Beleth's Slave

Kruken is on a distinguished road

I have hunted in VoS alot and havent't really run into any problems. Having to retarget mobs can get anoying but easy enough to deal with. The thing I hate is when I sleep a mob my toon will automaticaly run forward and hit the mob after its slept. i learned real quick to untarget the mob after sleeping it. I haven't seen this in any other part of the game. It may just be part of the new AI for these mobs.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:29 PM   #17
Goldshlager
Guardian Archangel

Goldshlager is an unknown quantity at this point

[ QUOTE ]
They got hate yeah, it's not switch, Hate works like this for PC, first itme you target them, second time you attack it, but They just cast it once, How do I know this? yes Phantom Summoners Nightshade summon got hate so try it out with one.

As for drops ^^, the first one who you attack at start drop Blue Wolf Tunic rec.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct. It is hate skill, not switch. These mobs dont use switch, they dont even had switch. They have hate.

NPC hate works like this. If you got a target and another mob hates you, you target that mob. If you are targeted on a mob, and that mob hates you, you are set info a force attack until you manually stop it.

This is also how hate in pvp in C5 will work. You cast hate on someone, they target you. You cast hate again while they are targeted on you, they will attack you. If the opponent does nothing, no matter what class, archer, nuker, melee, they will run up and melee you.
Goldshlager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 03:59 AM   #18
Andothe
Imperial Warlord

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HATE FTW.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello stupid, I levelled my bishop to 75 over 1.5 years. Tell me about FOTM and sticking it out. Up yours.

I can see the hate skill as a plausible answer to this. As mobs use their skill only sometimes. And the running up and hitting it thing is exactly what im talking about. When I got a social blade with my original target, that makes for 2 mobs casting hate, if you are targetting on your own. Gets pretty messy. There are ways around it of course, I just wanted to know if it was an intentional skill AI.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:06 AM   #19
Trizie
Heathen Knight

Trizie is an unknown quantity at this point

I play a LOT in VoS also and I have none or little problems.
I also play a SH.

The whole trick is to use your strategy right..... and this is what I do, with the blade, and it works flaw less.
1. Target blade and shot a hurricane at it.
2. Right after the hurricane hits the Blade, the second Blade spawns.
3. Wait a few seconds before you fire of a new hurricane at the first blads, make sure its out of the second blades range (usually its when the blade is like 1/3 of the distance between you and the second blade).
3a. This way the second blade NEVER teleports rigt over at your head, but in stead it runs to you.
4. Now you have killed the first blade(before it reach you) and the second blade is running at you.
5. Now just wack the second blade with a hurricane and a Flare to get over-hit XP-bonus.

This works perfect.

If the blade is standing near eg. a Flash, then howl 2 hurricanes at the Flash, even though the blade will teleport over to you. Then when the Flash is dead, target the blade and cast sleep... that way you will force the second blade to spawn. Now move a little away from the blades and target the second blade (the one that has just spawned). Then wack it and afterwords kill its sleeping friend

This also works perfect, you can actually do it with 2 mobs + 1 blade.

ofcause all the above is depending on your lvl, equipment and buff.

I'm a lvl57 Spellhowler with full PP(lvl57) + SE(lvl54) buff and gooood equipment, so I have m.atk. 1450 and cast speed 788.
And ofcause Magic barrier + Fire shield is a MUST HAVE in the VoS

Good luck
LVL 55 Bounty Hunter(B)
LVL 50 War Smith(B)
Trizie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:17 AM   #20
Andothe
Imperial Warlord

[ QUOTE ]
I play a LOT in VoS also and I have none or little problems.
I also play a SH.

The whole trick is to use your strategy right..... and this is what I do, with the blade, and it works flaw less.
1. Target blade and shot a hurricane at it.
2. Right after the hurricane hits the Blade, the second Blade spawns.
3. Wait a few seconds before you fire of a new hurricane at the first blads, make sure its out of the second blades range (usually its when the blade is like 1/3 of the distance between you and the second blade).
3a. This way the second blade NEVER teleports rigt over at your head, but in stead it runs to you.
4. Now you have killed the first blade(before it reach you) and the second blade is running at you.
5. Now just wack the second blade with a hurricane and a Flare to get over-hit XP-bonus.

This works perfect.

If the blade is standing near eg. a Flash, then howl 2 hurricanes at the Flash, even though the blade will teleport over to you. Then when the Flash is dead, target the blade and cast sleep... that way you will force the second blade to spawn. Now move a little away from the blades and target the second blade (the one that has just spawned). Then wack it and afterwords kill its sleeping friend

This also works perfect, you can actually do it with 2 mobs + 1 blade.

ofcause all the above is depending on your lvl, equipment and buff.

I'm a lvl57 Spellhowler with full PP(lvl57) + SE(lvl54) buff and gooood equipment, so I have m.atk. 1450 and cast speed 788.
And ofcause Magic barrier + Fire shield is a MUST HAVE in the VoS

Good luck

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand how to hunt the mobs. I simply didn't know that the mobs there had a hate skill that caused me to target them from varying ranges. I classified the mobs as the same style as the shamans in FP. The difference is that the mobs there are single. When the blades spawn, they spawn at different times. They spawn sometimes when you aggro the mob, sometimes they spawn after you kill the first blade. Its not consistent. The inconsistency is where I felt the bug was.
The place is a great place to level, and I have been there for a few levels.