Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > Player Questions

Login

Player Questions Attention new players (and veterans too)! Do you have questions about Lineage II? Looking for a drop? Need tips on a quest? Come on in and ask your questions here--players of all experience levels are welcome!

Old 07-04-2006, 10:46 PM   #1
Wildrain
Grave Predator

Wildrain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where can i spoil Varnish, Iron Ore after 60?

Im slowly running into a small dilema, i cant find any mobs that con Green or white after lvl 60 to spoil Varnish or Iron Ore, so im wondering if anyone knows of any decent spots or areas that it can be spoiled after 60, besides the manor system and Dimension Rifts, not that i hate doing the DR's, just hard to find people who want to do them, and the manor system, well, on Kain, the Manor system atm is like lottery, maybe you will get some, maybe you wont.
Wildrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:45 AM   #2
Durz
Dark Lord

Durz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where can i spoil Varnish, Iron Ore after 60?

Use jutes site here and go under crafting...http://jute.dreamhosters.com/lineageii/
5x Prophet *alt #1*
4x Warlock *main*
4x SK *break*
4x SwS *break*
3x DW ---->SH *deleted*
2x Scavy *dorf #1*
2x Arti *dorf #2*
Durz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:33 AM   #3
Orvieta
Banned

Orvieta is an unknown quantity at this point

Varnish:

Beast Seer 59

Iron Ore:
Hungry Corpse 60
Ghost War 62
Orvieta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 03:09 AM   #4
Wildrain
Grave Predator

As i feared, cant spoil Varnish, Iron Ore or Steel after lvl 60.

Why do they make this so hard to get? Especially at higher levels.

In that entire list, i think Iron Ore, Varnish and Steel were the only ones to be singled out like this. Everything else is able to be spoiled after 60 and upto 80+.

Hope they fix this in C5.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:17 AM   #5
Wildrain
Grave Predator

[ QUOTE ]
Varnish:

Beast Seer 59

Iron Ore:
Hungry Corpse 60
Ghost War 62

[/ QUOTE ]

Beast seer is ok for Varnish until around 64, after they turn Light Blue its all over.

Hungry Corpse being a half times HP mob, makes it not worth farming them, have your tried to spoil these? At most you get 2 Iron Ore.

Ghost War i havent tried though, ill have to check it out, but most BH's know, that if they arent HP times 2 mobs or higher, it realistically inst worth it unless you want to spend the next 6 months farming rice. WHy do you think all the BH's have gotten so greedy when it comes to the HP times 6 mobs in Dimension Rifts?
Old 07-05-2006, 03:58 AM   #6
Varaya
Valakas

Varaya is a jewel in the roughVaraya is a jewel in the roughVaraya is a jewel in the roughVaraya is a jewel in the rough

[ QUOTE ]
As i feared, cant spoil Varnish, Iron Ore or Steel after lvl 60.

Why do they make this so hard to get? Especially at higher levels.

In that entire list, i think Iron Ore, Varnish and Steel were the only ones to be singled out like this. Everything else is able to be spoiled after 60 and upto 80+.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the same for animal bones. When you're 50-60, you can spoil huge piles of animal bones (up to 11) in Apostate. But once those mobs turn blue, it's all over. No higher lvl mobs spoil them.

Seems the devs decided that base mats should spoil only until lvl 60, after that it's "game over". So I would not expect things to change in C5, since it seems to me to be a design decision.

Probably best to keep one bounty hunter in the lvl range 50-60, just to spoil base mats.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:22 AM   #7
PleChan
Beleth's Slave

PleChan is an unknown quantity at this point

Ghost War does not spoil Iron Ore, go ahead and try it yourself if you don't belive me.

Thers not a single mob abow lv 60 who spoils Coal, Bone, Iron Ore, Varnish, Sueda, Stem, Thread or there higher lv counter parts such as Corse Bown Powder.

Thats about it, BH's abot 60+ only usefull thing you have is to try to spoil EWA, as every other spoil in the game at this point is kind of pointless, even key mats as you get the from the quest's anyway as where you get the recipes from.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:10 AM   #8
RedScarvenger
Purgatory Shadow

RedScarvenger is an unknown quantity at this point

The beast seeer is a group mob he can be killed of with polearm but only if u have healer and good buffs. Not sure if its rewarding to farm there in giants cave because with a low lvl char and manor u can make 1000 varnish in much less time.

If you looking for Steel spoils you should do grave predators in fields of massace they spoil steel adamite ring wire and ewb also give stolen inf ore.

If u need bone spoils after lvl 60 go to witches catacomb ( espacaly when dawn won ) and do lillim priest spoils up 15 bones per mob.

For iron not sure i think i dont need it much when i can spoil steel and matallic threads free and metal hardeners u get at lvl 70 i heard :P
Berserker 62
Warsmith 60
2 other chars
Great Wolf: ComandWolf lvl 69 (lost 2,5)
ComandwolfMK2 lvl 60
Wind Strider: Gungaryardros lvl 55
crapped Cougar: Kimba lvl 56 (lost 19 lvls)
1 account only since prelude
RedScarvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:39 AM   #9
Varaya
Valakas

Varaya is a jewel in the roughVaraya is a jewel in the roughVaraya is a jewel in the roughVaraya is a jewel in the rough

[ QUOTE ]
If u need bone spoils after lvl 60 go to witches catacomb ( espacaly when dawn won ) and do lillim priest spoils up 15 bones per mob.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's the same mob as in Apostate, Patriots, Ascetics (and it is lvl 60, so not "after lvl 60" ).

Apostate, Branded and Worshippers also have the lvl 51 lilim magus which spoils 1-11 animal bones, and the lvl 51 Nephilim Priest which also spoils 1-11 animal bones. So I guess the early rooms of those places are probably the best places to spoil animal bones with multiple high-spoil mobs in one room. Well, until the mobs turn blue...
Old 07-05-2006, 05:46 AM   #10
RedScarvenger
Purgatory Shadow

RedScarvenger is an unknown quantity at this point

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's the same mob as in Apostate, Patriots, Ascetics (and it is lvl 60, so not "after lvl 60" ).

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm sorry i thought he did talk about his lvl not the mob lvl.
Because if that mob is lvl 60 u can still spoil him when ur 65 and he is still green.
Berserker 62
Warsmith 60
2 other chars
Great Wolf: ComandWolf lvl 69 (lost 2,5)
ComandwolfMK2 lvl 60
Wind Strider: Gungaryardros lvl 55
crapped Cougar: Kimba lvl 56 (lost 19 lvls)
1 account only since prelude
RedScarvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:53 AM   #11
Wildrain
Grave Predator

[ QUOTE ]
The beast seeer is a group mob he can be killed of with polearm but only if u have healer and good buffs. Not sure if its rewarding to farm there in giants cave because with a low lvl char and manor u can make 1000 varnish in much less time.

If you looking for Steel spoils you should do grave predators in fields of massace they spoil steel adamite ring wire and ewb also give stolen inf ore.

For iron not sure i think i dont need it much when i can spoil steel and matallic threads free and metal hardeners u get at lvl 70 i heard :P

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah its really non effcient to farm varnish of the beast seers, i been there for the last two weeks leveling up SA crystals and i thought it work out ok cause the Yintzus spoil EWB and at the same time i could farm some varnish, well the lvling of the SA crys and EWB worked out well, but the varnish was a major flop.

The Grave Predators near Devastated Castle i didnt know spoiled Steel, so ill be going there for sure for the same reason like you said, no need for Iron Ore or Varnish if you can just spoil Steel.

Yep on the Animal Bones, already spend too much time in Apostate now farming bone there, but starting to feel clastrophobic and need to stretch the legs and breath some fresh air.

I just cant wait to get high enough level to start spoiling Beast Farm, being such a good source of matastic there, is it over run with bots? Id be guessing it is.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:39 AM   #12
Pixie_
Imperial Warlord

Pixie_ is on a distinguished road

Beast farm is generally deserted, on Kain anyway.
Pixie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:05 AM   #13
elvenkingdom
Thunder Wyrm

elvenkingdom is an unknown quantity at this point

The only fruit that is really hard to turn in for the manor is chilly cobol which rewards animal bone. Go to manor, find what seed returns iron ore and varnish. You can still be very profitable for mobs up to 5-10 levels above the seed levels. I have no problem turning in any seed except for chilly cobol at the manor. Varnish goes pretty fast but you get 5-10 seconds after manor turnover time unlike bone which u get .5 seconds.

Just use the manor and be done with it.
elvenkingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:06 AM   #14
elvenkingdom
Thunder Wyrm

elvenkingdom is an unknown quantity at this point

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Apostate, Branded and Worshippers also have the lvl 51 lilim magus which spoils 1-11 animal bones, and the lvl 51 Nephilim Priest which also spoils 1-11 animal bones. So I guess the early rooms of those places are probably the best places to spoil animal bones with multiple high-spoil mobs in one room. Well, until the mobs turn blue...

[/ QUOTE ]Every cata/necro has a mob that spoils high amounts of bones all the way up to level 7x and it just keeps getting more and more as the levels go up. Personally, I prefer lilm witches which are easy to fight, lvl 43 and spoil coarse bone powder and stones of purity almost 100%.
elvenkingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 11:02 AM   #15
PleChan
Beleth's Slave

PleChan is an unknown quantity at this point

[ QUOTE ]
The only fruit that is really hard to turn in for the manor is chilly cobol which rewards animal bone. Go to manor, find what seed returns iron ore and varnish. You can still be very profitable for mobs up to 5-10 levels above the seed levels. I have no problem turning in any seed except for chilly cobol at the manor. Varnish goes pretty fast but you get 5-10 seconds after manor turnover time unlike bone which u get .5 seconds.

Just use the manor and be done with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can still do seeds fine even 20 levels abow, you fail more often, but get more crops back when you sucseed.