Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > Game Suggestions

Login

Game Suggestions Share your ideas for new or modified game features

Old 01-15-2007, 01:10 AM   #1
Croohm
Purgatory Shadow

Croohm is on a distinguished road
Default War declaration and clan redraw system

Change of war declaration and clan redraw system needed.

Suggestions Clan Redrawal
One can no longer make an instant redraw from clan. For example one can not redraw from clan just because of a sudden upcoming threat. The redraw will take effect 20 minutes after clicking the Leave button.

Suggestions Clan War System:
One can no longer declare war instantly to take advantage of a 1% experience loss of instant war declaration ganking. A war declaration takes effect 20 minutes after clicking the war declaration button. The war declaration cannot be canceled during this time.
A war cannot be stopped instantly. It will take 20 minutes to end a war after clicking the war stop button.

Sigel Hell Knight 99/96/80/80
Croohm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 01:49 AM   #2
populus
Antharas

populus has a spectacular aura about thempopulus has a spectacular aura about them
Default Re: War declaration and clan redraw system

nice, it's a refreshing idea from the general idea of just putting 4% penalty for retracting war. It prevents war toggling and doesn't make people whine about losing % at high levels o.o

Just gonna try be the devils advocate now...
- what if people want a war like... now? o.o I guess I can answer my own question here :P 20min isn't a very long time to wait o.o
- what if the war toggler still toggles but 20min ahead of time, ganks, then bsoe and waits 20min for the war to end?
- what if for an upcoming siege, people need to free up spots for people not in clan but participating in siege by leaving clan last minute? o.o (I guess this isn't a big issue since 20min should give enough time for people to do this)

I still think the 4% loss if stopping war in mutual war (the opponent that withdraws after the "loser" will not lose %) is better, although can be easily exploited by using a subclass to end war... unless u force the main class to lose the % this means losing actually means losing something... since atm no1 gets penalised for "losing" in a war because they all PR/BSoE...etc. :O
Old 01-15-2007, 02:09 AM   #3
_Akjosch_
Remnant Diabolist

_Akjosch_ is on a distinguished road

I don't see a reason why declaring an official war should take any but the tiniest amount of time. After all, declaring a red war doesn't either.

UNITY¹ - United we stand. Divided others fall.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:17 AM   #4
kayosoni_
Remnant Diabolist

kayosoni_ is an unknown quantity at this point

the only change for wars is make everyone in the clan lose 10% for retracting a war.
kayosoni_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 03:24 AM   #5
EvaSaint
Grave Predator

EvaSaint is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah so then the cl can start and stop many wars and de lvl us all to lvl 1? no thx
EvaSaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 03:28 AM   #6
kayosoni_
Remnant Diabolist

kayosoni_ is an unknown quantity at this point

if you surrender you lose 10%.
kayosoni_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:25 AM   #7
Croohm
Purgatory Shadow

[ QUOTE ]

- what if the war toggler still toggles but 20min ahead of time, ganks, then bsoe and waits 20min for the war to end?

[/ QUOTE ]
The wared clan gets a message that clan X declared war and war starts in 20 minutes.
This will give everyone a decent chance to prepare for war.
[ QUOTE ]

- what if for an upcoming siege, people need to free up spots for people not in clan but participating in siege by leaving clan last minute? o.o (I guess this isn't a big issue since 20min should give enough time for people to do this)

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, no better planning for a siege then that I guess you have my answer

There are too many penalties to PvP in this game already so I wanted another approach to the problem of ganks and lame attempts to save your skin by sudden detagging.
The problem with instant war declaration and attack is a problem since not all in a clan have the privs to declare back.

The experience penalty could be applied to those who leave a clan. The reason for leaving a clan should be worth 10% experience penalty and 20 days to join another. Curse the clan jumping. If that is good or not I don’t know but that was not my suggestion.

Old 01-15-2007, 04:47 AM   #8
_Akjosch_
Remnant Diabolist

[ QUOTE ]
There are too many penalties to PvP in this game already so I wanted another approach to the problem of ganks and lame attempts to save your skin by sudden detagging.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it. How does detagging save your skin? If anything, it makes you eat a 4% death without the possibility of a cheap clan hall resurrection.

Old 01-15-2007, 04:53 AM   #9
Winona_
Heathen Knight

Winona_ is an unknown quantity at this point

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get it. How does detagging save your skin? If anything, it makes you eat a 4% death without the possibility of a cheap clan hall resurrection.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because most people will not go red to give someone a 4% death? Being tagged and being in a war, ppl can drop you without concern of going red. Once you detag, you can be a wuss and not fight back.

But you already knew that, didn't you?

GONE TO WARHAMMER
Winona_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:57 AM   #10
_Akjosch_
Remnant Diabolist

[ QUOTE ]
Because most people will not go red to give someone a 4% death? Being tagged and being in a war, ppl can drop you without concern of going red. Once you detag, you can be a wuss and not fight back.

But you already knew that, didn't you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew that.

On the other hand, KoS is KoS, and enemies will die, no matter what tag they have, if any - and most PvPing clans on Teon do it the same. So detagging gets them a 4% death for sure. What did they won?

Old 01-15-2007, 05:12 AM   #11
Croohm
Purgatory Shadow

Some clans, even if war, consider getting ppl to detagg is a victory and dont kill the one who detagged. However, since the rejoin time is shortened to one day the whole idea falls with it.

And for me KoS is nothing like a regular war. KoS is something deeper and more personal.

Old 01-30-2007, 12:17 AM   #12
Koch
Goblin Lord

Koch is an unknown quantity at this point

I would go even further - once the war is declared - min 48 hrs or more must pass before someone can end it.

On my server - clan I belong to has declared war on X clan at all time - however clan X would only declare it as well when they see one pf us lvl'ing alone or when they got a large gank party.

So often it is 2 way war for just few minutes and then clan X drops the war when our reinforcement arrives.

Not always going red on them is an options - especially at high lvl's with high pk count. (yes - we all know about sin eater crap lol)
Koch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 02:58 AM   #13
Krissa
Spezion

Krissa is a splendid one to beholdKrissa is a splendid one to beholdKrissa is a splendid one to beholdKrissa is a splendid one to beholdKrissa is a splendid one to beholdKrissa is a splendid one to behold

[ QUOTE ]
Suggestions Clan Redrawal
One can no longer make an instant redraw from clan. For example one can not redraw from clan just because of a sudden upcoming threat. The redraw will take effect 20 minutes after clicking the Leave button.
Suggestions Clan War System:
One can no longer declare war instantly to take advantage of a 1% experience loss of instant war declaration ganking. A war declaration takes effect 20 minutes after clicking the war declaration button. The war declaration cannot be canceled during this time.
A war cannot be stopped instantly. It will take 20 minutes to end a war after clicking the war stop button.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not enough, though. Make it that if someone wants to gank you, or to BSoE/PR from you, they need to notify you exactly 20 minutes before that too
Krissa is offline   Reply With Quote