Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > Game Suggestions

Login

Game Suggestions Share your ideas for new or modified game features

Old 01-20-2007, 02:43 AM   #1
valiantbd
Dark Knight

valiantbd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skill Tree

I know this is WOW idea and everyone will start off in disgust with this post but I think a skill tree for each class that allows the class to learn skills from one tree and not the others would allow for more variety in L2. Add skills and make tiers that you can progress in, say a pally would have a healing tree or can progress down the undead dmg tree, or down the defensive ability tree. Each tree would have skills related to that area of expertise. You go down one but cannot go down the other 2. It is WOW but it is good and would do alot to allow for a more customized toon.
valiantbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 03:07 AM   #2
Schmusekatze
Remnant Diabolist

Schmusekatze is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Skill Tree

In WoW and in any other RPG that is using such a skill tree system (like DaoC, Coh, CoV...), there is only a fake vision of a more customized toon.

In reality in the skill-tree systems, you got one main system, maybe 2 and all the rest is totally gimp.

I see not the slightest benefit in allowing chars to gimp themselves by choosing the wrong skills.

No matter, if this is a WoW idea, it is just not a good idea, in my opinion. It would not serve any positive purpose.

Positive Kitten
Old 01-20-2007, 03:47 AM   #3
Ledaa
Remnant Diabolist

Ledaa is an unknown quantity at this point

There is already some choise if you want particular class (3 archers, 3-4 rogues, 3-4 nukers, 3-6 waroir types, ets). You can also customise your's toons some with different armor sets, wearpons and tatoos. Not all classes alow much of customization, but there definetly are such classes. For example my class can already be mage or warrior, it's not just armor and wearpon choise (this is prety big in L2, since not many can afford to maintain 2 sets of armor+wearpon) but also tatoos which you can't change all the time.
Saying all that I'm not against more customization, as long as they manage to balance it so not everyone will go the same way. Too bad this isnt too likely, since can't see it now much.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:56 AM   #4
EllieBelly
Frintezza

EllieBelly will become famous soon enough

We do have trees in a way, you branch at class changes.

Like at 20 I could have gone a wizard or healer, the wizard could have gone summoner, hybrid summoner, or full nuker at 40. The healer could go full buffer or full healer at 40.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:14 AM   #5
flcon
Grave Predator

flcon is an unknown quantity at this point

[ QUOTE ]
We do have trees in a way, you branch at class changes.

Like at 20 I could have gone a wizard or healer, the wizard could have gone summoner, hybrid summoner, or full nuker at 40. The healer could go full buffer or full healer at 40.

[/ QUOTE ]

yup ^_^

I still wish 3rd class change actually had another set of specialization in them rather than just being an annoying quest, tho 8/
flcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 11:56 AM   #6
froggygustav1
Hungry Spirit

froggygustav1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Having a skill tree like the one in WOW makes you able to make bad choices and create an inferior player. Having the system that is here in lineage2 makes you create the character you would want to play with an unique skillset but all of your class are the same, and ergo have the same power.

The customization in this game is withing the armors/tatoos/weapons/weapons SA.

Franz
SirRobin 41 Hawkeye
Ninya 42 Temple Knight
Tyralion 40 Tyrant
Member of EverDream (hppt://everdream.guildportal.com)
froggygustav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:29 PM   #7
D34dly
Grave Predator

D34dly is an unknown quantity at this point

[ QUOTE ]

The customization in this game is withing the armors/tatoos/weapons/weapons SA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really so much as you proclaim.

Reason for my saying is this: Nukers all ways go 1 of two ways most dmg or most cast speed (IE: +4wit, +4 int is just standard for tattoos for a nuker, then dc robes.)

Archers and daggers/ most DD's are the same in most regards. every one wants to do the most dmg possible. so they end up with: +5 str +4 dex.

Yeah sure you can customize, well at lest to a degree; but in the end that all still ends up to be the same (at lest for now).

Untill We get more then just 2 armor types to choose from. And in some cases only 1.

But as for the Skill Tree that the OP is asking for, Nah I don't believe that fits the way L2 is designed. Making such a change like that this late in the game is Such a bad idea. I much like how the SP to skills is learned.

I just think tho, that the Dev team should lower all skills SP cost, because they know that they will just be making more skills later on, and they expect every one to learn those skills but wont be getting any SP returned to their toon for the past skills learned.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:34 PM   #8
MalineII
Frintezza

MalineII is an unknown quantity at this point

Lineage II was always advertised as a game where 'everyone is the strongest' - i.e. everyone is the same.

I love the ability to gimp myself with a build, but that's not what this game is - there is enough customisation in having upwards of thirty class choices. If you so will, the 'tree' is the race choice betwee human, elf and dark elf or special classes at the start.

THink of phantom ranger, silver ranger and hawkeye as the three possible skill setups for an archer class.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:36 PM   #9
froggygustav1
Hungry Spirit

froggygustav1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I totally agree that the customization is not that much, i was merely pointing out where the customization was created in this game. And in the next chronicle mor will be added.

There wil always be the best sollution for all classes when it comes to gear /tatoos and such. The difference here is that its a major upgrade and a major cost to get alot of these things, so that is the limit this game has put in.

Franz
SirRobin 41 Hawkeye
Ninya 42 Temple Knight
Tyralion 40 Tyrant
Member of EverDream (hppt://everdream.guildportal.com)
froggygustav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:23 PM   #10
D34dly
Grave Predator

D34dly is an unknown quantity at this point

[ QUOTE ]
there is enough customisation in having upwards of thirty class choices. If you so will, the 'tree' is the race choice betwee human, elf and dark elf or special classes at the start.

THink of phantom ranger, silver ranger and hawkeye as the three possible skill setups for an archer class.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can agree with this. in a way, I understand where shes coming from.

Like how Scor is a nuker, that also specializes in AoE skills, Sps is the same way. but has faster cast speed and less dmg.

Skill wise one thing the Devs need to do, is make it so Heals are dependent on INT for it's strength. they kind of are, but not so much their kind of independent on their own with nothing to guide it.

then open up All tattoos for all classes, which would greatly add to the customization factor.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:05 AM   #11
flcon
Grave Predator

flcon is an unknown quantity at this point

I have to disagree with the 'all of the same classes choose same tats/setup' remark

There are very few classes that are like that

Archers for PvE will of course go all-out STR/DEX but many PvP archers seem to stay nearer to base stats.
Same for daggers, I don't know of any dagger who intends on PvP who has that setup...most PvP THs are actually -9 STR, however PvE ones will still go +

Nukers are usually cookie cutter, DC+SoM +4 WIT +4 INT...not going to deny theres not much variation there.

Healers vary between DC/Tallum/Maj...some will go -STR and +DEX/CON, but others will go for small groups and assist in damage dealing

There is a lot of variation in play styles of BD/SWS...defense or offense, support or kill.

Some tanks go for max pdef, some go for max shield block, some go for max hp, some even go for max damage output 8P

most classes have a lot of variation in them but I don't feel I need to type them all, you should get my point by now ^_^
flcon is offline   Reply With Quote