Lineage II Forums  
Old 07-21-2008, 10:12 PM   #1
St4nley
Elpy

St4nley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spellhowler exp places

Hello all spellhowlers out there!
I am spellhowler level 56 equipped with homu acumen +5, avadon robe set and black ore jewelry. Till 56 lvl I used to hunt in Pavel Ruin and the exp there was great. Now many of my friends adviced me to go exp in Forsaken Plain, but I must fire my hurricane 3 times to kill mob. So can somebody please propose me another hunting place.
Thank you for all your help,

Stan
Old 07-21-2008, 10:22 PM   #2
Exello
Thunder Wyrm

Exello is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spellhowler exp places

It's been a long while since my 50's, but I think Ikilled the Gargoyles in the back of Dragon Valley around then. Most of that stuff should be around your level and the gargs will be perfect for a SH. Non-aggro, Non-social, weak against wind. Give that a go and see if it works.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:12 AM   #3
Edisson
Guardian Archangel

Edisson is an unknown quantity at this point

Depends, do you solo or do you have a buffer? If you have a buffer go VOS entrance and work your way inward, if you dont have a buffer go Frozen lab, look for the gargoyle spot or the tarantula spot
Edisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:26 AM   #4
Vhaidren
Purgatory Shadow

Vhaidren is an unknown quantity at this point

Use deathspike in VoS.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:05 AM   #5
St4nley
Elpy

I don`t have buffer. Is it wise to exp with deathspike, couse I really don`t have much adena and curse bone cost something? At the moment I am soloing in Outlaw forest, it is nice.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:06 AM   #6
KnightOfDarkness
Valakas

KnightOfDarkness is a glorious beacon of lightKnightOfDarkness is a glorious beacon of lightKnightOfDarkness is a glorious beacon of lightKnightOfDarkness is a glorious beacon of lightKnightOfDarkness is a glorious beacon of lightKnightOfDarkness is a glorious beacon of light

DS is

cost of cursed bones + cost of bsps
R.I.P. the best server ever, Lionna
KnightOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:29 AM   #7
St4nley
Elpy

Yes cost of cursed bones + cost of bsps = almost no profit
Old 07-22-2008, 01:55 PM   #8
Vhaidren
Purgatory Shadow

Vhaidren is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, I figured you didn't have big adena problems. If this is the case, yeah, outlaw forest until you are 61 with a sword of miracles.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:37 PM   #9
SinPalabras
Beleth's Slave

SinPalabras will become famous soon enough

[ QUOTE ]
DS is

[/ QUOTE ]

There are mobs that drop cursed bones, but fortunately or unfortunately, the automated types that used to farm those mobs and sell those bones in Giran at a steep discount were removed from the game.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:27 AM   #10
AshleyHunter
Valakas

AshleyHunter is a name known to allAshleyHunter is a name known to allAshleyHunter is a name known to allAshleyHunter is a name known to allAshleyHunter is a name known to allAshleyHunter is a name known to all

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
DS is

[/ QUOTE ]

There are mobs that drop cursed bones, but fortunately , the automated types that used to farm those mobs and sell those bones in Giran at a steep discount were removed from the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

fixed
Old 07-23-2008, 09:56 AM   #11
KnightOfDarkness
Valakas

KnightOfDarkness is a glorious beacon of lightKnightOfDarkness is a glorious beacon of lightKnightOfDarkness is a glorious beacon of lightKnightOfDarkness is a glorious beacon of lightKnightOfDarkness is a glorious beacon of lightKnightOfDarkness is a glorious beacon of light

Ivory tower quest for mages = nebulite orbs= cursed bones.
R.I.P. the best server ever, Lionna
KnightOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:05 AM   #12
St4nley
Elpy

I have reached lvl 58 and started leveling in Forsaken Plains. It is very nice, love killing tigers (huge exp)
Old 07-25-2008, 05:56 AM   #13
AlexisValentine
Purgatory Shadow

AlexisValentine is a jewel in the roughAlexisValentine is a jewel in the roughAlexisValentine is a jewel in the rough

I'm going to play on my Spellhowler for good and have started in Forsaken Plains at level 52.

My question is whether or not using Death Spike is efficient, or if it is better to use it only in PvP? I'm currently using Hurricane and then Death Spike to 2-hit the mobs. But I've tested if 2 hurricanes can kill the mob, and it does. But for that extra bit of saved MP, is death spike worth using all the time?

P.S.: Could you throw in some good spots for a Spellhowler completely solo, as in no buffer or healer or whatever - at all.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:26 AM   #14
Sovrath
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Sovrath is on a distinguished road

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to play on my Spellhowler for good and have started in Forsaken Plains at level 52.

My question is whether or not using Death Spike is efficient, or if it is better to use it only in PvP? I'm currently using Hurricane and then Death Spike to 2-hit the mobs. But I've tested if 2 hurricanes can kill the mob, and it does. But for that extra bit of saved MP, is death spike worth using all the time?

P.S.: Could you throw in some good spots for a Spellhowler completely solo, as in no buffer or healer or whatever - at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have a good income then death spike is worth it. When I hunted in Forsaken Plains I didn't use Death Spike (don't even remember if it was in game) and only used hurricaine. Worked for me at the time.

However I have noticed that death spike can save quite a bit of mana. But as a point of note, as you get higher and get things like Seed of Wind and start using Windstones to take advantage of your wind attacks you will do more damage with Hurricaine. This will make a difference on higher lvl mobs.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:39 AM   #15
St4nley
Elpy

Hello guys!
I have reached level 66 and started exping in vos top spot. I am using shadow flare (overhit) much, so I was wondering if there may be a problem with SP later on...?
Old 08-12-2008, 06:42 AM   #16
Spudnik
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Spudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to behold

likely there will be. overhit on occasion.

boink bonk
What sick man sends Baby to fight me?
Spudnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 06:50 AM   #17
AshleyHunter
Valakas

AshleyHunter is a name known to allAshleyHunter is a name known to allAshleyHunter is a name known to allAshleyHunter is a name known to allAshleyHunter is a name known to allAshleyHunter is a name known to all

[ QUOTE ]
Hello guys!
I have reached level 66 and started exping in vos top spot. I am using shadow flare (overhit) much, so I was wondering if there may be a problem with SP later on...?

[/ QUOTE ]
SP will always be a problem so keep hunting the way you want hun
Old 08-12-2008, 09:27 AM   #18
Sovrath
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Sovrath is on a distinguished road

[ QUOTE ]
Hello guys!

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't think it's a big deal. Especially when faced with such things like Enchanting your skills, you won't want all yoru skills, and eventually skills that cost 80 million sp. it's negligible in the end.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:55 AM   #19
Contagion
Thunder Wyrm

Contagion is an unknown quantity at this point

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hello guys!

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't think it's a big deal. Especially when faced with such things like Enchanting your skills, you won't want all yoru skills, and eventually skills that cost 80 million sp. it's negligible in the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I think it's preferable to level as quickly as you like and then worry about SP when the time comes. Unless you suffer a great many setbacks from death in the course of your leveling, you won't have a ton of surplus SP, anyway. Might as well reach your desired level range and then cherry pick the skills you want, filling in the rest as you're able.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:48 PM   #20
Antikel
Hungry Spirit

Antikel is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is what I did, which worked fairly well when I didn't have huge delays while working on alts:
40-49 Alligator Island
50-58 Bandit Stronghold
58-62 Giant's Cave
62-74 FotD
74-76 FotD and Varka Silenos
77 - Hot Springs

Varka and HotSprings are excellent CDL spots, as was Giant's Cave, given the lack of ranged attacks. While hurricane is ok, death spike WILL save you a ton of mana, and I used that in FotD during the day (night has dark resist mobs). Learn how to CDL early on, and you will find it has the best return on mana use overall (e.g. hurricane and death spike 6 shot mobs in HS, but CDL 2-3 shot the mobs).

Either join a decent clan with clan hall or add an account. I suggest an EE for recharges and clarity, and use EMP and Acumen scrolls (I went the SE route, and wish I could change, though I love her dearly).

Good luck, and bring BREZ scrolls for CDL over 70 Mistakes do happen.
Antikel is offline   Reply With Quote