Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > Player Questions

Login

Player Questions Attention new players (and veterans too)! Do you have questions about Lineage II? Looking for a drop? Need tips on a quest? Come on in and ask your questions here--players of all experience levels are welcome!

Old 09-18-2008, 06:48 AM   #1
Lothiniel
Tainted Zombie

Lothiniel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to get a Hatchling to a Strider?

I try to get a 55 Wind Hatchling with best armor to a Strider. I can keep it alive with my 73 SE, but the stupid tree doenst consumes the leaf. (i even got the abyss tree a few times to less than 25% hp)
Do i have to visit teh trees in a specific order? Should i get outside help to keep the ghosts away?

If i lvl my hatcholing up a few more lvls, do i get a higher lvl strider or will it always be a 55 strider? (kinda like the impoved baby pets will get to 55 even if you had a 60 normal baby pet bevor)
Old 09-18-2008, 07:04 AM   #2
DuKardai
Guardian Archangel

DuKardai is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How to get a Hatchling to a Strider?

1. I think order is important
2. 55 strider

Because you are SE, you can heal tree some times. Of course you will become chaotic, but in that case will be no need to wait till tree will restore its own hp
Old 09-18-2008, 07:05 AM   #3
Edisson
Guardian Archangel

Edisson is an unknown quantity at this point

It's been years since I did the quest, but as far as I remember .. Yes there is a specific order you need to do the trees in, you should start with the abyss tree then do them in line working your way east.

When I did it mages had useable sleep so hatchling with armor on (weapon off), haste/shield buff hit the tree and mage slept the ghosts. I guess you can get a friend to kill the ghosts or an ee/bish to trance them or something.

Also, if I remember it right if you hit the tree you get a poison and the quest stops working (ie you dont get a quest item) you need to abort and restart it

EDIT: Another thing I remembered, you need to do the quest in one go, meaning have your hatchling out when you start it and finish it without the hatchling dying or you unsummoning it/logging of and continuing next day ... if for any reason you usummon it you need to abort/restart the quest
Edisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 11:54 AM   #4
Tsili
Heathen Knight

Tsili is an unknown quantity at this point

I just did this with a 2-box set up. I had my 78 maestro kill the ghosts. I had to be very careful not to hit the tree, because it would die easily. The hatchling was controled by my 76 SE. The SE must mostly heal the tree and sometimes heal the hatchling. Do not buff hte hatchlings attack. The SE must target the tree most of the time to gauge its health.

To heal the tree I made a macro (/useskillforce heal) so that I did not have to think about holding the control key down. I also set up a macro to heal the hatchling, so I did not have to click on it to select it.

/target name_of_hatchling
/heal

When the hatchling has hit the tree enough times, the leaf will automatically be applied, and the quest icon will pop up, blinking on your screen.

EDIT: I did not keep my hatchling out as I moved from tree to tree.
Tsili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:26 PM   #5
Boo
Dark Knight

Boo is an unknown quantity at this point

I did this quest last weekend with my EE, and you dont need to take the trees in any specific order. Also you don't need to do them all at once.
The bad thing is that it took the poor hatchling almost 15 minutes of hitting each tree to get the leaf. And the poor strider was level 54 when I was done - as the poor fellow was 2-shotted by the ghosts

Teon
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 01:15 PM   #6
SneezingTiger
Beleth's Slave

SneezingTiger will become famous soon enoughSneezingTiger will become famous soon enough

I can confirm the above. Order doesn't matter. I did it twice in different orders, 2boxed SE for buffs and a bishop killing guardians.

It can take anywhere from 10 minutes to 40 minutes of hitting the tree to lose a leaf.

don't use a weapon, or any patk buffs, the damage the hatchling does wont speed it up, it'll just mean you have to heal the tree more often.

you want to do this with at least 2 people(or 2 accounts), doing it completely alone is pretty hard.
SneezingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:22 PM   #7
GoldMedal
Hungry Spirit

GoldMedal is an unknown quantity at this point

can use haste and bsrk to speed up atk speed, that help a lot because more hit = more chance to get leaf consume

order is not important
GoldMedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:55 AM   #8
Xarianna
Thunder Wyrm

Xarianna is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
I did this quest last weekend with my EE, and you dont need to take the trees in any specific order. Also you don't need to do them all at once.
The bad thing is that it took the poor hatchling almost 15 minutes of hitting each tree to get the leaf. And the poor strider was level 54 when I was done - as the poor fellow was 2-shotted by the ghosts

Does this mean you can finnish the quest when you hatch died 2 times and is lvl 54 now and 90%?

as long you have accepted the quest when the hatch was lvl 55??

Last edited by Xarianna; 05-01-2009 at 11:40 AM.
Xarianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:39 AM   #9
Xarianna
Thunder Wyrm

Xarianna is an unknown quantity at this point

Anybody?
Xarianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:39 PM   #10
mswari
Remnant Diabolist

mswari is on a distinguished road

Play in C2. Put 8 lvl 1 alts in town, lvl strider bug.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:15 PM   #11
Arakeen
Dark Knight

Arakeen is on a distinguished road

I don't think order matters. I did each tree as I encountered them all the way to the last. I've done the quest 4 times with each type of hatchling, and I can tell you that doing it with a wind is doing this quest on hard mode. Try and get someone to help you with the guardians.

And if you lvl your hatchling more, you should get the same lvl strider. Xp consumed between striders & hatchlings doesn't change. Baby pets are different. When they first arrived in the game it was easy to get them all the way to lvl 80. And many baby pets were at this level by the time the improved versions were introduced. Ncsoft had to come up with a way to keep players from receiving high level improved pets and enjoying the full range of buffs without having to suffer for it, so every baby pet now gets reduced to 55 no matter what lvl it was before.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:24 PM   #12
AWA
Elpy

AWA is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Little Wing Big Adventure

Lineage II Goddess of Destruction

Server: Shilen
Quest Title: Little Wing Big Adventure
Quest NPC:
  • Starting: Cronos*, Hunters Village (when your Hatching is Level L55+)
  • Ending: Fairy Mimyu*, Enchanted Forest
Quest Arcs:
  1. In Search of Mimyu
    • Fairy Leaf (4/4)
  2. The Sap of Fairy Trees* (Obtained in any Order)
    • Fairy Tree of
      1. Abyss
      2. Wind
      3. Star
      4. Twilight
  3. Return to Fairy Mimyu
    • Remember to transfer any items from your Pet's inventory to your avatar's when asked by Fairy Mimyu to "play your dragonflute and send this child to another world" (Unsummon Pet). The Dragonflute is then given to Fairy Mimyu and returns a Dragon Bugle to your possession, Congratulations!
      • Nonetheless, if your planing to level up your hatchling above L55+ to maintain the "cute baby dinosaur following your avatar around" the evolution to Strider did not "reset" the current level to L55 when my hatchling evolved at L56 which might be due to the Jan 18, 2012 Announcement: Compensation for Server Issues (lasts until Feb 01, 2012).
*- Your hatchling must be summoned when interacting with these NPC/Objects.

PREPARATION: (Soloed @ L59 as a Kamael Female - xBow Avatar)
  1. The Fairy Trees are identified with Neon Green Leaves and surrounded with three NPC Quest Monster Soul of Tree Guardian.
    • Location is South of Hunters Village and arranged West to East (Abyss -> Wind -> Star -> Twilight) along the Southern Mountain Ridge.
  2. The only indicators that your hatchling drank the sap of a Fairy Tree, that it is attacking, is the audible "quest item acquired" tune (without the system message) and the decreasing Fairy Leaf count starting from 4/4 down to Done/4 as displayed in the quest notification window. Most importantly, keep track of each Fairy Tree's sap acquired in the event that you need to resume this quest. Moreover, there is no need to worry about the durability of the Fairy Tree only when your hatchling is attacking it, if your avatar/hatchling dies, if you need to logoff or get disconnected. However, if you direct your avatar to attack a Fairy Tree a "horde" of NPC Quest Monster Soul of Tree Guardians will spawn in addition to your avatar being afflicted with a deadly debuff (see NOTE below).
  3. Food, Armor/Weapon, Scrolls, and Potions:
    • For Example:
      • Food for Hatching (Minimum of 10 in your Pet's Inventory)
      • Armor (Surprisingly, the increase of P.Def mitigating a portion of the damage received from the NPC Quest Monster Soul of Tree Guardian)
      • Weapon + Beast Soulshot (Significantly reduces the amount of time/hits required for hatching to obtain sap from each of the four Fairy Trees)
      • Scrolls of Resurrection (Recommend Blessed Scroll of Resurrection for Pets to recover XP)
      • Healing Potions (used from within your Hatching's Inventory)

The three NPC Quest Monster Soul of Tree Guardian respawn quickly requiring you to devise a strategy that prevents them from killing your hatchling while it attacks the Fairy Tree.

NOTE: If your avatar becomes afflicted with Venomous Poison Lv.1 (Effect 9, Duration: 59 Minutes), from an inadvertent attack on a Fairy Tree, allow your avatar to DIE via NPC Quest Monster and resurrect in Hunters Village if your avatar's skills cannot remove this deadly debuff.

Last edited by AWA; 02-05-2012 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Revised
AWA is offline   Reply With Quote