Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Technical Discussions > General Technical Issues

Login

General Technical Issues Describe your client-side, hardware or software complications. This is not a place to report game bugs.

Old 10-05-2008, 11:30 AM   #1
Penniewize
Elpy

Penniewize is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Contact [email]support@oreans.com[/email]

When trying to start a second L2 client on the same computer, I recieve an error message with a memory location and the direction that I should contact support@ oreans.com. When looking for Oreans, I found that it is an software security company, so this sounds like NC Soft is using their Thermida software to prevent reverse engineering and/or cracking of their code. That is all well and good, but the error message doesn't tell me anything about the true cause of the error.

What causes this error and what do I need to do to prevent it from happening?????? (I get this on both a XP 32bit system and a Vista 64 bit system.

Thanks
Penniewize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 12:54 PM   #2
BigFoot2
Remnant Diabolist

BigFoot2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Contact [email]support@oreans.com[/email]

[ QUOTE ]
When trying to start a second L2 client on the same computer, I recieve an error message with a memory location and the direction that I should contact support@ oreans.com. When looking for Oreans, I found that it is an software security company, so this sounds like NC Soft is using their Thermida software to prevent reverse engineering and/or cracking of their code. That is all well and good, but the error message doesn't tell me anything about the true cause of the error.

What causes this error and what do I need to do to prevent it from happening?????? (I get this on both a XP 32bit system and a Vista 64 bit system.

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the support@oreans thing is not related to NCsoft but it is your hardware telling you who to contact.
Team GA
Chronos
BigFoot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:32 PM   #3
Bobster
Elpy

Bobster is an unknown quantity at this point

Could be, but it only happens when starting a second L2 client. It would be good to hear from some L2 support to get their take on this. It really is quite frustrating.
Thanks
Bobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 10:47 PM   #4
Alexeis
Thunder Wyrm

Alexeis is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been getting a msg like that (not very often) when starting a second client, and only since gracia.
I got no clue really.
Alexeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:04 PM   #5
captcrunch
Elpy

captcrunch is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the same problem. Ive been having it eversince i built a computer with vista 64bit. This past week, i brought my computer to a store and had them redo it hoping to solve the issue. Gave them a brand spankin new hard drive with nothing on it, fresh out of the box. Same problem. If i open the 2nd client quickly(right after first one loads) i can get 2nd to load, but no more. If I am logged in, cant open 2nd client. Sound like ur problem? I hope someone comes to the rescue...
captcrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 12:29 AM   #6
maylo
Grave Predator

maylo is an unknown quantity at this point

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the support@oreans thing is not related to NCsoft but it is your hardware telling you who to contact.

[/ QUOTE ]
oreans it's not related to ncsoft, but ncsoft uses Themida from oreans, to protect their binaries, so i'm 99% sure, that this message is caused by Lineage client (or rather say, it's protection).

there might be windows update, or any other software issue, which causes this error (some resident driver, dvd emulator, or whatever else. themida is little paranoid, about what you have running in your computer, but not more than INCA GameGuard - which is another protection used in L2 client)
maylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 02:34 AM   #7
Leonidar
Antharas

Leonidar has a spectacular aura about themLeonidar has a spectacular aura about themLeonidar has a spectacular aura about them

also get this, the trick is to start the second client from the L2.exe file in the system folder. works like a charm.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:24 AM   #8
Galil
Heathen Knight

Galil is on a distinguished road

The only workaround I have for this and it works all the time is....

Load one client to login screen, do not login. Load second client to login screen. Then you can login on both accounts. This also works for 3 and 4 boxing as long as you have all clients at login screen before you try to login to any accounts.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:32 AM   #9
Jyrki
Frintezza

Jyrki is just really niceJyrki is just really niceJyrki is just really niceJyrki is just really nice

If you keep trying, it works. Seems it only effects Vista, and Nvidia cards.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:56 AM   #10
captcrunch
Elpy

captcrunch is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive been doin wut jyrki says, just keep trying to load client and it eventually goes through. I also sen email to oreans and this was their response

Hello,

It looks that you are using an application protected with our protection system “Themida”. You have to contact the authors of the application that you are having problems and let them know to protect the application again with a newer version of Themida, which should solve the problem.

We had a previous report with a similar problem, and the problem was that the computer was infected by some viruses which were interacting with the protection system. Unfortunately, we are not able to reproduce that problem here. Please, make sure that your computer is not infected as that could be the problem (Please, notice that some virus are not detected by any anti-viruses when they are obfuscated with a protection system)

We hope that you get the application running normally soon.

Best Regards,

Oreans Technologies
captcrunch is offline   Reply With Quote