Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Technical Discussions > General Technical Issues

Login

General Technical Issues Describe your client-side, hardware or software complications. This is not a place to report game bugs.

Old 12-26-2008, 11:17 AM   #1
lotek
Purgatory Shadow

lotek is on a distinguished road
Default Windows Seven & Lineage 2

Hey
I got windows seven on my pc and when i trying to run l2 im getting GameGuard 610 error.
I disable firewall , delete gameguard folder and click "check files" and still doesnt work.
I also trying a lot of various things but duno why all the time the same problem.
Any ideas ? I hope I will play l2 soon.

p.s sry for my english
Old 12-26-2008, 11:25 AM   #2
Rohirrim
Valakas

Rohirrim is a name known to allRohirrim is a name known to allRohirrim is a name known to allRohirrim is a name known to allRohirrim is a name known to allRohirrim is a name known to all
Default Re: Windows Seven & Lineage 2

windows seven is still in early beta stages so don't expect to get any suport.

my guess is that the error is on microsofts side and not NCSoft just like it was with Vista where many programs didn't work until miscrosoft released a patch to fix it.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:32 AM   #3
Varaya
Valakas

Varaya is a jewel in the roughVaraya is a jewel in the roughVaraya is a jewel in the roughVaraya is a jewel in the rough

Yup, Windows Seven is not supported yet by L2/Gameguard. They most likely will have to do some changes to Gameguard, so that it does not erroneously explode when it sees the weird new Windows. But they usually do that only when the new Windows version actually goes live.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:58 PM   #4
lotek
Purgatory Shadow

lotek is on a distinguished road

Thanks for answer
now i need to install my XP back ;]
Old 01-06-2009, 10:44 PM   #5
Binksley
Grave Predator

Binksley is an unknown quantity at this point

Just thought I would bump this to confirm the OP's findings. Maybe the Devs won't get caught with their pants down this time.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:40 AM   #6
Singetsua
Free Our Souls

Singetsua is on a distinguished road

Im suprised that L2 actually starts up with Win7
Singetsua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 05:31 AM   #7
Linka
Thunder Wyrm

Linka is an unknown quantity at this point

I will be installing x64 7 tonight and preforming some tests with L2. Game Guard will probably be a big issue as it always is, but im going to try some solutions and post my results here.
Linka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 02:02 PM   #8
Linka
Thunder Wyrm

Good news, L2 runs pretty **** well on Windows 7. Bad news is that it takes a bit of tweaking to get it to work.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/9182/capturesv5.jpg
Old 01-09-2009, 02:28 PM   #9
Ashleigh
Grave Predator

Ashleigh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linka View Post
Good news, L2 runs pretty **** well on Windows 7. Bad news is that it takes a bit of tweaking to get it to work.
I've installed 7 on a laptop I have lying around here but havent had a chance to play with it much yet, hoping to get to it this weekend. If you have some steps that work though please let us know what you did to get it working
Ashleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 02:51 PM   #10
Linka
Thunder Wyrm

I should mention that the "tweaks" arn't really within the EULA as you have to actually disable game guard. Im mearly conducting test's on windows 7 of all the common applications i use, and to test L2 some work arounds had to be made.

I wouldn't recommend copying what i have done to play L2 in an every day situation, for now keep a copy of vista or XP in a dual boot situation so you can play L2 in it's intended form with game guard enabled. I'll say it again, i ONLY did what i did to test, dont try to copy what i have done.

I just hope that nProtect can become compatible with W7 before it's released this time *glares at NC soft*.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:19 PM   #11
Ashleigh
Grave Predator

Ashleigh is on a distinguished road

All good then..mine would be just for testing also since I dont intend to actually play L2 on the laptop in question..just wanted to see something I actually run in action. I'm pretty sure I know what you are talking about though so I'll give it a try.
Ashleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:15 PM   #12
ChocoPiie
Tainted Zombie

ChocoPiie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleigh View Post
All good then..mine would be just for testing also since I dont intend to actually play L2 on the laptop in question..just wanted to see something I actually run in action. I'm pretty sure I know what you are talking about though so I'll give it a try.
download this, then replace original l2 files with it (Please do not modify or replace your L2 files with anything. And please don't post such suggestion on the forums. Thanks ~spam)

Last edited by HGMspam; 01-12-2009 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Link to file replacements.
ChocoPiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:58 PM   #13
Binksley
Grave Predator

Binksley is an unknown quantity at this point

My friend, an overactive mod might view this as modifying the game client. You might want to modify your post. Anyone that truely wants this type of information will get it from places other than the official boards.

Gameguard sucks BTW.

Its been proven ineffective. In fact, (pause for research) I wonder if gameguard implementations could be affected by the EA SecureRom class action lawsuit.

http://reclaimyourgame.com/
Old 01-12-2009, 04:49 AM   #14
Linka
Thunder Wyrm

ChocoPiie, that link im pretty sure is against the forum rules, and as Binksley said, if someone really wants to mod their client to work on 7 then im prety sure they will be able to find it by other means.

Binksley, im not sure if game guard comes under the same lawsuit since it's not limiting your access to the game at any point, game guard is mearely 'preventing' other applications interacting with L2... although it fails miserably. Game guard is classed as crapware in my opinion, i can't think of a single piece of software that it actually prevents, it only uses resources for no apparent gain.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:14 AM   #15
Rohirrim
Valakas

Rohirrim is a name known to allRohirrim is a name known to allRohirrim is a name known to allRohirrim is a name known to allRohirrim is a name known to allRohirrim is a name known to all

I know 2 aplications it blocks...Logitech iTouch (I'm unable to adjust the volume with my keyboard while I play) and Logitech SetPoint (can't use one of the buttons on the mouse to be a shortcut for F12 for example)
Old 01-12-2009, 06:38 AM   #16
Linka
Thunder Wyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I know 2 aplications it blocks...Logitech iTouch (I'm unable to adjust the volume with my keyboard while I play) and Logitech SetPoint (can't use one of the buttons on the mouse to be a shortcut for F12 for example)
I ment programs that are actually built to interact with L2, but blocking your programs is even more reason to call it crapware
Old 01-12-2009, 12:20 PM   #17
purp
Valakas

purp is a splendid one to beholdpurp is a splendid one to beholdpurp is a splendid one to beholdpurp is a splendid one to beholdpurp is a splendid one to beholdpurp is a splendid one to beholdpurp is a splendid one to behold

Naughty Choco

Last edited by HGMspam; Today at 04:56 PM. Reason: Link to file replacements.

Can't believe he thought he'd get away with it.
purp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:39 PM   #18
Rohirrim
Valakas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linka View Post
I ment programs that are actually built to interact with L2, but blocking your programs is even more reason to call it crapware

I know what you meant

I'm just saying that it blocks the legit programs and allow the unlegit programs to run freely
Old 01-13-2009, 12:29 PM   #19
statusqou
Remnant Diabolist

statusqou has a spectacular aura about themstatusqou has a spectacular aura about them

Btw does any1 has any info about how good windows 7 uses laptop rescourses. Because windows vista sucks so much.. I've disabled half of it's programs and it still uses 800 ram w/o anyother program loaded.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:36 PM   #20
Trovaricon
Goblin Lord

Trovaricon is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I had same experience with various software for programming mouse buttons(shipped with mouse or generic) when i used WinXP 32b.

I am using more than year Win XP x64 (I tried to stay away from Vista for notebook because of slow 2,5" drive, on desktop i have no problem with Vista) and I must say XP x64 > gameguard

GG is unable to block software for mouse (i have binded F10-F12 on button 4, 5 and 6), cant hide Lineage 2 process (in XP 32 you cant see L2.exe if you didnt disable GG first) so i can tweak performance easily (log info about loading speed from HDD, change process priority on the fly, optimise memory - U2 engine cache...)

for me, GG mean only 15MB of ram loss
Trovaricon is offline   Reply With Quote