Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > Player Questions

Login

Player Questions Attention new players (and veterans too)! Do you have questions about Lineage II? Looking for a drop? Need tips on a quest? Come on in and ask your questions here--players of all experience levels are welcome!

Old 12-29-2008, 10:51 AM   #1
Sotir1ou616
Tainted Zombie

Sotir1ou616 is on a distinguished road
Question Crystals d/c/b...whats best to crystalise?

I recently made a warmisth but...
I dont know what items are better to buy from shop
in order to crystalise...and make soulshots & spiritshots by giving the least possible ammount of adena
(ps if you dont know do not reply please)
Sotir1ou616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 02:01 PM   #2
lelu
Goblin Lord

lelu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Crystals d/c/b...whats best to crystalise?

all the items in the shops are at a flat crystal rate, so based on what the price is, you get more or less crystals. you can shop around and try to find some deals on crystals (people selling off from failed oe's) or set up a buy shop for crystals that you want.
also-check the city taxes, which also affects the ammount that crystals go for. same with the soul and spirit ore. you can be paying 20-50a more per ore just from the tax in the city. i think anyone will tell you the cheapest way to get the crystals tho, is from xp'ing and crushing anything that you find.
hope this helps a little.
lelu.
lelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:17 PM   #3
Nanashi_Naomhan
Frintezza

Nanashi_Naomhan is just really niceNanashi_Naomhan is just really niceNanashi_Naomhan is just really niceNanashi_Naomhan is just really niceNanashi_Naomhan is just really nice

Quote:
all the items in the shops are at a flat crystal rate, so based on what the price is, you get more or less crystals.
not true and it's pretty much never been true since all items had a slight variance in crystal cost. it used to be that the more you spent for an item the better the crystal value but as it is now the cheapest crys you can get is from crushing common low grade jewlery
Old 12-30-2008, 07:44 PM   #4
BoomTeacher
Goblin Lord

BoomTeacher is an unknown quantity at this point

Another way i have done is to craft something low grade that takes minimal mats and just crystallize it. Cheapest way is prolly buying failed oe's crystals though. Figure out the going price for each crystal and set up a buy shop for a few hundred less. Someone hard up for money will sell. With all the oe'ing going on there is an abundance of crystals out there to be had for cheap
Old 12-31-2008, 08:28 AM   #5
Sotir1ou616
Tainted Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanashi_Naomhan View Post
not true and it's pretty much never been true since all items had a slight variance in crystal cost. it used to be that the more you spent for an item the better the crystal value but as it is now the cheapest crys you can get is from crushing common low grade jewlery
ty 4 all replys...

You say low common jewelery...
low common D and C? or just D?
plz give me some item names
Old 12-31-2008, 08:38 AM   #6
Sotir1ou616
Tainted Zombie

Also...
for B grade crystals,is it effective to buy lets say a Sword of valhala and crystalise it??? If not is there any way to craft ssb/bssb by giving the less possible amount of adena?
Old 12-31-2008, 09:26 AM   #7
Nanashi_Naomhan
Frintezza

Nanashi_Naomhan is just really niceNanashi_Naomhan is just really niceNanashi_Naomhan is just really niceNanashi_Naomhan is just really niceNanashi_Naomhan is just really nice

most ppl who craft shots won't give out their info and tbh i've never needed B crys so i haven't looked into it but dualing B swords might be best depending on the cost of craft stamps/sop

the lowest grade common jewelry gives the best return of crystal cost i could find although i couldn't be bothered checking every single item to find the absolute nuts of the cheapest deal
it's up to you to decide if you think buying and crushing several hundred common items for a few crys is worth your time but i know i'm far to rich and far far too lazy to do so so i usually just buy a top C weapon whenever i need golem food
Old 12-31-2008, 12:11 PM   #8
BoomTeacher
Goblin Lord

BoomTeacher is an unknown quantity at this point

Seriously set up a buy shop...and crystallize all your common item drops. Crystals are the cheapest i have ever seen them about 500 for D Can get C for about 2500 Seen B for around 10k and less, and A is even around 18k right now. Sometimes you get lucky and see S for 85k
Old 12-31-2008, 08:10 PM   #9
Boo
Dark Knight

Boo is an unknown quantity at this point

At least for B crystals, the cheapest thing i have come across so far is doing a Tsurugi*Tsurugi in Aden. The only things you need are some adena, 41 SOP and 2 Tsurugis that you buy in Giran.

Teon
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 01:58 AM   #10
exiber
Dark Lord

exiber is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't find that common items give more than a few crystals; I think I get a better return selling them. I just make or buy the cheapest jewelry (weapons are too expensive) and crystallize it. Common items can be sold in shop or privately to allow you to buy something better to crush. A lot depends on how much volume you need. Are you making shot for use, or to make adena? For D necklace of devotion is pretty easy to make or buy (marsh around Cruma tower/about 25k in shop) and gives a pretty good crystal return. If your hunters are turning up a lot of item pieces for armor or jewelry, make those and crush them. The better L2 databases list the crystal content (google an item). There are a lot of variables; you just need to figure out what works for you.
exiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 07:08 AM   #11
Sotir1ou616
Tainted Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
At least for B crystals, the cheapest thing i have come across so far is doing a Tsurugi*Tsurugi in Aden. The only things you need are some adena, 41 SOP and 2 Tsurugis that you buy in Giran.
this is better than buying B grade with crystals from luxury?
Old 01-01-2009, 02:00 PM   #12
Nanashi_Naomhan
Frintezza

check yourself
odds are ppl who know don't want you stealing their bussiness
Old 01-01-2009, 05:02 PM   #13
statusqou
Remnant Diabolist

statusqou has a spectacular aura about themstatusqou has a spectacular aura about them

Buying A cry for 8k and later selling them for 11/12k is a great business :P I dont have time for this, I have enought A cry from common droops but for last few weeks A cry prices on teon dropped from 20k to about 10-12k per cry. Just a litle tip for you

Last edited by statusqou; 01-01-2009 at 05:05 PM.
statusqou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 08:27 AM   #14
SneezingTiger
Beleth's Slave

SneezingTiger will become famous soon enoughSneezingTiger will become famous soon enough

D crystals

Cheapest: buyshop for a bit less than sell shops
Average: buy form player sellshop, nearly always cheaper than crushing shop items
above average: crushing shop items
stupid: OE'ing and failing (which incidently is where the majority of the crystals for sale come from)

There is almost no market in D grade crystals though, no equipment crafts and nearly no shots, a single dorf could supply an entire server with shots. which is why they are as cheap as they are in sellshops

C crystals

Cheapest: buyshop
average: sellshop/crush shop items
stupid: failing OE

B crystals

Cheapest: buyshop
average: sellshop
stupid: crushing items
mentally insane: failing OE

Notice a trend?
buyshops are the cheapest source of any type of crystals, but it's slow and the reliability varies a lot.
Sellshops give a good estimate on current crystal worth, It's more reliable than a buyshop because you can buy when you need them. but every once in a while there'll be no crystals of a grade and someone will see it and set up an expensive shop for the desperate
Crushing equipment if good if you got it as drops (because the sell price is only half of the listed price in shops. Buying equipment and crushing it is generally stupid though. That's a surefire way anyone can get crystals, and usually it is the price ceiling, crystal prices rarely get that high (common jewelry and weapons are usually worth more to sell though)
SneezingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote