Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > Player Questions

Login

Player Questions Attention new players (and veterans too)! Do you have questions about Lineage II? Looking for a drop? Need tips on a quest? Come on in and ask your questions here--players of all experience levels are welcome!

Old 03-05-2009, 09:43 AM   #1
Ashely
Elpy

Ashely is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Element stones on armor

hi i would like to put element stone on my armor arcana i should i spec it?
Ashely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:16 AM   #2
JinAkanishi
Grave Predator

JinAkanishi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Element stones on armor

For armor, spec it with whatever you want to be resistant against.

There is no right or wrong spec. If you are being hounded by spellhowler team spec it wind resist, if you fear other sps, spec is water resist.

Whatever floats your boat. It really only matter much on spec'ing the weapon.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:27 AM   #3
Draconz
Beleth's Slave

Draconz is a jewel in the roughDraconz is a jewel in the roughDraconz is a jewel in the rough

Its good to put a bit of everything in your armor for maximum protection against all elements and not just one.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:33 AM   #4
Jayy
Guardian Archangel

Jayy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakonz View Post
Its good to put a bit of everything in your armor for minimum protection against all elements and not just one.
fix'd
Old 03-05-2009, 12:09 PM   #5
UncleTom
Thunder Wyrm

UncleTom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakonz View Post
Its good to put a bit of everything in your armor for maximum protection against all elements and not just one.
This is of course the worst thing you can do. This way you will have protection vs nothing.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:23 PM   #6
Rohirrim
Valakas

Rohirrim is a name known to allRohirrim is a name known to allRohirrim is a name known to allRohirrim is a name known to allRohirrim is a name known to allRohirrim is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTom View Post
This is of course the worst thing you can do. This way you will have protection vs nothing.

explain please
Old 03-05-2009, 12:41 PM   #7
Shinnai
Remnant Diabolist

Shinnai will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Wait for g-final
Old 03-05-2009, 12:47 PM   #8
UncleTom
Thunder Wyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
explain please
Because you need 70-80 ponts of elemental resistance to reduce the damage seriously. Putting 60 points in every element will reduce the damage but not that much.
This will be enough if you have a resistance buff for certain element so you can use 60 points of armor resistance +20 points from buff resistance.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:08 PM   #9
Rohirrim
Valakas

Rohirrim is a name known to allRohirrim is a name known to allRohirrim is a name known to allRohirrim is a name known to allRohirrim is a name known to allRohirrim is a name known to all

Quote:
Because you need 70-80 ponts of elemental resistance to reduce the damage seriously. Putting 60 points in every element will reduce the damage but not that much.
This will be enough if you have a resistance buff for certain element so you can use 60 points of armor resistance +20 points from buff resistance.

Is that for PvP or PvE?
Old 03-05-2009, 01:12 PM   #10
UncleTom
Thunder Wyrm

Quote:
Is that for PvP or PvE?
This works both ways if the mobs have elemental attack of course. Vs mobs with pure physical atk I guess the elemental enchant on the armor is useless.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:16 PM   #11
Rohirrim
Valakas

Quote:
This works both ways if the mobs have elemental attack of course. Vs mobs with pure physical atk I guess the elemental enchant on the armor is useless.

ok. the reason I ask is because I don't think mobs can reatch the same amount of elemental atribute in theyr attack as players so I thought you needed less atribute on your armor to counter theyr attacks.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:03 PM   #12
Draconz
Beleth's Slave

Draconz is a jewel in the roughDraconz is a jewel in the roughDraconz is a jewel in the rough

Attribute Crystals

So called "Attribute Crystals" will be introduced in CT 2.3, while at the same time the maximum attribute value of S-Grade, S80 and S84 weapons and armor is increased:
The maximum attribute value for weapons will be 300
The maximum attribute value for a whole armor set (5 pieces) will be 600

The increase of an elemental attribute given by an Attribute Crystal is the same as that of an Attribute Stone, i.e. up to 3 levels.

In CT 2.3 Attribute Stones can raise a weapon's attribute value up to 150, a piece of armor's attribute value up to 60, the same as now. Attribute Crystals, however, can raise a weapon's attribute value up to 300, a piece of armor's attribute value up to 120.

Those stuff is only optainable in the new dungeons in gracia final. Rift Valley Battlefield, Seed of Eternity and Seed of Destruction. I also think you can get other items to combine with a nother item which makes those atribute stones or crystals in aerial fights and ground.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:30 PM   #13
Ashely
Elpy

Ashely is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
thank you my idea is wong i would like to put each part of armor one resistance but fortunatly i posted before do THANK YOU
Ashely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:05 PM   #14
UncleTom
Thunder Wyrm

Quote:
ok. the reason I ask is because I don't think mobs can reatch the same amount of elemental atribute in theyr attack as players so I thought you needed less atribute on your armor to counter theyr attacks.
You can have resistance no matter the monsters have no attribute stones on their weapon. If they hit with fire a fire resistance armor will reduce the damage; it will works as you have buffs "resist to fire".
Old 03-05-2009, 03:15 PM   #15
UncleTom
Thunder Wyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashely View Post
thank you my idea is wong i would like to put each part of armor one resistance but fortunatly i posted before do THANK YOU
If you need armor (robe etc) against mobs you must consider which kind of mobs are you going to hunt. Most people put 2x60 fire and 2x60 water resistant simply because it is most cheap option. Besides many players put fire on their weapon (because of the same reason). It is nice to have wind protection too but it is much more expensive. For 2x60 you will need in average 40 wind stones.
Of course there is dark attack mobs (and necromancers) and PVP players with earth enchanted weapons. But you will meet the last mainly in olympiads so for normal play it should not be your main concern.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:50 PM   #16
Jayy
Guardian Archangel

Jayy will become famous soon enough

right now, to increase armor to only 60 in 4 diff elements is a mistake. It will remain a mistake in gracia final when people can increase their weap to 300 and you will still only have 120 of any element, it is not enough damage reduction to make any difference in ANY element.

Decide what element is the most threatening to you, in either pvp or pve, and stick to 2 elements at most on your armor. Uncletom is right, most ppl do fire because its cheapest, but for resistances its really not the best choice, unless you are pvping cheap scrubs who are still using fire weapons.. the best pvpers will already know everyone has fire/water resist on their armor and thats why they have wind/earth weapons.

So just pick 2 elements and stick with it. Don't put a diff element on every peice