Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > Player Questions

Login

Player Questions Attention new players (and veterans too)! Do you have questions about Lineage II? Looking for a drop? Need tips on a quest? Come on in and ask your questions here--players of all experience levels are welcome!

Old 03-23-2009, 08:38 AM   #1
MasaruKun
Elpy

MasaruKun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default D Grade Crystals

Hello,

I'm kinda new here, I'm looking for D-Grade Crystals so that I can summon Kat and Mew. I hear that the only way to get them is to break a D Grade weapon and that there is a chance in 3 to get crystals or buy them from a dwarf in Giran.

Well... Where can I break them? And in Giran, it's such a mess there are so many people, I can't see a thing
MasaruKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:43 AM   #2
purp
Valakas

purp is a splendid one to beholdpurp is a splendid one to beholdpurp is a splendid one to beholdpurp is a splendid one to beholdpurp is a splendid one to beholdpurp is a splendid one to beholdpurp is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: D Grade Crystals

Breaking the D grade items is 100% and can be done by any Warsmith. If you've just started you're best off just buying them because to get a good adena/crystal ratio you have to purchase some of the more expensive items.
purp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:45 AM   #3
Legato5589
Tainted Zombie

Legato5589 is an unknown quantity at this point

Either you crush D-grade armors/weapons/jewelery yourself (both, full and common items give crystals) or you buy them from other players.

You might take a look at the item database to find out how many crystals what armor/weapon/jewelery gives you.

There is no such thing as a chance to get crystals, you always will get them if you crush. I think you confused the 3 in 1 chance with overenchanting weapons/armors/jewelery (66.66% chance on successfully OE a +3 weapon/armor/jewelery except armor which is upper and lower, here the chance applies after +4).
Legato5589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:54 AM   #4
MasaruKun
Elpy

And how do I buy them form other players? Do I have to look carefully from the crowd in Giran? How much does it cost?
Old 03-23-2009, 08:57 AM   #5
Legato5589
Tainted Zombie

Check the player sell shops in Giran. First off all you should not buy from the first shop you find. Check prices on all the shops you can find and buy the cheapest you find. Shouldn't cost more than 500-650 adena per D-crystal.
I don't know how much they cost if you crush an item you bought yourself. I got 19k crystals from failed OE tries so I don't bother with the price to begin with.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:59 AM   #6
Daer
Tainted Zombie

Daer is on a distinguished road

On Aria it's not uncommon to find D grade crystals for as cheap as 400 per if you look around.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:16 AM   #7
MasaruKun
Elpy

What do you mean by "Check the player sell shops in Giran."? And by crushing them myself, do you mean seeing a Warsmith? Is there one in Giran? I only saw a blacksmith that offered me to break B-Grade boots and gloves. :S

Sorry to ask so many questions but I'm really lost... -_-'
Old 03-23-2009, 09:22 AM   #8
Legato5589
Tainted Zombie

Usually there are players sitting in Giran offering different stuff. That's called a player shop. You can check what they offer. Some of them usually have D-grade crystals.

By crushing I mean either you do have a dwarf to crush D-grade items (your dwarf needs to be at least level 20) or you ask a friend/clanny/trustworthy person to crush some items you may have. If you don't have any to begin with you don't need to bother with that, just check the player shops.

Players are usually selling crystals of any grade in the place between the warehouse and the grocery store. Some players even sell their crystals in front or in the Luxury Shop.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:29 AM   #9
MasaruKun
Elpy

Thanks a lot I finally found them, it's not easy to look for them if you don't know their location.

No NPC can break items for me?
Old 03-23-2009, 09:31 AM   #10
purp
Valakas

purp is a splendid one to beholdpurp is a splendid one to beholdpurp is a splendid one to beholdpurp is a splendid one to beholdpurp is a splendid one to beholdpurp is a splendid one to beholdpurp is a splendid one to behold

/findprivatestore crys

Then look for ones with D crys which will have been turned green. Make sure you check the tooltip on the icon and the price.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:32 AM   #11
purp
Valakas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasaruKun View Post
No NPC can break items for me?
Nope.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:32 AM   #12
supaBB
Goblin Lord

supaBB is on a distinguished road

hello masa, there is an action or command that acts as a store search button in game, (its in the tab that has all those emotes and trading and pick up loot commands)

just put in the seaerch : cry

that will highlight the shops that are selling crystals, u just run thru giran and look for the cheapest price of your choice. remember though it will highlight people buying crystals differently than people selling (ie. dont accidently sell ur crystals to some1 if you have any)

next, artisans and warsmiths/maestros can "crush" or blow up weapons armor and jewelery, this results in a set amount of crystals. junk D grade will yeild 2-50 ish (armor) and top D grade is in the 1k-2k + ish(weapons).

and finally that chance you saw somewhere: you can enchant weapons and armor using scrolls(enchant armor/weapon: D C B A S )

each time u enchant something it goes up by one. after a weapon is +3 there is a chance it will break into crystals each time u attempt at enchanting it. when it breaks it is equivalent to a warsmith crystallizing(breaking,crushing,w/e)the weapon.

at level 20 dwarf artisans get crystalize(D grade only, and scavengers get it too i think) and its worth making a dorf alt anyways for selling stuff.(dwarves can carry like 120k ss at low levels where some races have trouble carrying 20k just as an example)

wall of text but i hope this helps
supaBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:35 AM   #13
MasaruKun
Elpy

Thanks a lot guys, you helped me a lot ^^
Old 03-23-2009, 09:40 AM   #14
Legato5589
Tainted Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaBB View Post
next, artisans and warsmiths/maestros can "crush" or blow up weapons armor and jewelery, this results in a set amount of crystals. junk D grade will yeild 2-50 ish (armor) and top D grade is in the 1k-2k + ish(weapons).
All dwarfs can. They changed it some expansions ago afaik.

Quote:
when it breaks it is equivalent to a warsmith crystallizing(breaking,crushing,w/e)the weapon.
Partly wrong. As the +++ goes up you will receive more crystals if the item breaks.

Quote:
(dwarves can carry like 120k ss at low levels where some races have trouble carrying 20k just as an example)
My lvl 16 dwarf can carry 115k A-grade shots.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:53 AM   #15
supaBB
Goblin Lord

supaBB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legato5589 View Post

Partly wrong. As the +++ goes up you will receive more crystals if the item breaks.
oh neato didnt know that ^^

and yea i mentioned scavengers can too :P

and ps to the OP if you get other ppl to crystalize for u make sure its people in your guild/you know u can trust.
supaBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:06 AM   #16
Jayy
Guardian Archangel

Jayy will become famous soon enough

what server are you on?

and there is usually general areas where people sell stuff. The crystal area is somewhere down the steps betwen the wh and taurin, in the little path.. But you can find them all over usually..

like purp suggested, use "/findprivatestore cry" to find crystals for sale, and dont buy d cry for more than maybe 400a each.

but tell me what server you are on
Old 03-23-2009, 10:37 AM   #17
MasaruKun
Elpy

I'm on Phoenix, I got them for 350
Old 03-23-2009, 11:38 AM   #18
Yue
Thunder Wyrm

Yue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legato5589 View Post
according to the 'useful information' you get around 60% of the items crys-value if you blow it up while overenchanting.

If you think you're going to need a lot of them, and if you can keep your account open over night, I suggest you set up a buy shop over night you'll need one d crystal to start you off. check giran with the shop seach function (I'd actually search for "D" rather then "crys"), and see what buy shops buy them for.

GL with your warlock! I have an S grade warlock and they are not only really fun, solo-able and cheap (compared to other classes), but also a lot of fun and great in small scale pvp
Yue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:02 PM   #19
Jayy
Guardian Archangel

Jayy will become famous soon enough

if you were lookin for D, you'd end up with almost every shop highlighted.. o_o

Crys is a good search, but most of the time i notice ppl only type cry, so if you type that you will get both shops spelled crys/crystal and cry
Old 03-24-2009, 12:57 AM   #20
CimexusSH
Imperial Warlord

CimexusSH is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayy View Post
if you were lookin for D, you'd end up with almost every shop highlighted.. o_o

Crys is a good search, but most of the time i notice ppl only type cry, so if you type that you will get both shops spelled crys/crystal and cry
Hehe I just use 'ry'. It's a habit from back when the /findprivatestore function was new and due to an NCSoft goof, it was CASE SENSITIVE. Which meant typing 'cry' wouldn't find 'Cry' and vice-versa. This was understandable I suppose as the code was translated from the Korean version and their Hangul alphabet has no concept of case.

They fixed it now so it's not case sensitive, but I still just type 'ry'. =)
Aion (Israphel, ex Nezekan) (on hiatus)
Cimexus, 54 Sorcerer | Taisetsu, 47 Chanter
CimexusSH is offline   Reply With Quote